Newcastle Again Linked With Wayne Bridge

This is not the first time Newcastle have been linked with Manchester City left back Wayne Bridge.

Wayne Bridge – Newcastle again linked with the England left back

Newcastle was linked with taking Bridge on loan for the season, about two weeks ago, but those reports were played down by club officials.

But there is news again today in the People, that Newcastle gaffer Alan Pardew wants to sign 30 year-old Wayne Bridge – and that’s apparently whether 25 year-old Jose Enrique leaves the club or stays on Tyneside.

The England left-back is one of many players that Manchester City will have to unload to bring down their wage bill this summer, and he is certainly surplus to requirements at the Manchester club.

But he hardly fits the profile of players that owner Mike Ashley wants to sign, those are  players under 26 years of age who can still improve and increase in value once they arrive on Tyneside.

Bridge would be available for a nominal fee, but of course one major problem is Wayne’s reported £90K/week wages – which quite honestly are just ridiculously high.

City seem to want to spend money like it’s going out of style, as they pay these ridiculous wages to players who don’t even make the grade at their club.

We would be very surprised if there is any truth in this story, and of course we have to remember it is Sunday today.

That’s make up a story day for most of the Sunday papers.

• JackButler

Jul 17, 2011 at 12:04 AM

Sorry but no thanks, to old, to expensive and more importantly to crap

• Eastander

Jul 17, 2011 at 12:07 AM

In relation to the last post its simples, its illegal to enter the field of play during a football match, they chose to go on the pitch, identify as many as possible, give them all 1year bans and any fine that is awarded by the fa divide up and pass down to our resident idiots 🙂

• I wish papers would, just for a week, write the truth. But then again who’s going to buy a blank sheet of paper?

• belfastmagpie87

Jul 17, 2011 at 12:07 AM

jack i would rather sign you m8!! haha

• Tonytoon73

Jul 17, 2011 at 12:08 AM

just come from the quay side and bridge is signing for us. spoke to him.

• JackButler

Jul 17, 2011 at 12:08 AM

thought i read somewhere that Kadar was going to be used as a left back?

• Andy

Jul 17, 2011 at 12:09 AM

Ed you going to any of the us games? You should do a write up about the tour and the opposition we’ll be facing i’d find it very interesting. As you say it’s make up a story day and i don’t think we’ll get him. He’s terrible. Only positive thing about him is is his lass

• ToonArmyThomas

Jul 17, 2011 at 12:09 AM

I’m a LB on zilch wages, and i’ll play for free in my favourite team in the world;) and i’m only 14! That young enough Ashley hahah;)

• JackButler

Jul 17, 2011 at 12:10 AM

belfastmagpie87

Cheeky sod lol

My knee’s wouldn’t take it fella, to old, to slow and Ashley couldn’t afford me anyway
    😉

• Eastander, can a club fine it’s fans? I know they can fine their players, but the fans? Other than that I agree. Oh, and a life long ban for the violent ones.

• Tonytoon73, which bridge?

• Spike

Jul 17, 2011 at 12:13 AM

ToonArmyThomas –

If you would play for free we probably couldn’t afford you I’m afraid.

Free’s are really expensive. Cost about £8.5 million each which is why we’ve now got s0d all money in the transfer kitty

• belfastmagpie87

Jul 17, 2011 at 12:13 AM

on another note.
    anybody any insults for cwarr???
    im trying to get blocked….haha

• Tonytoon73

Jul 17, 2011 at 12:14 AM

non of you lot bite. lol good night lads.

• ToonArmyThomas

Jul 17, 2011 at 12:15 AM

@Spike

Haha, forgot about that what if they did a straight swap with Enrique for me? My team are always finishing 1/2 in the Premier Division haha.

• JackButler

Jul 17, 2011 at 12:16 AM

Right I’m off, I’ve ordered a king size hangover for the morning and don’t want to sleep late, can’t wait for more speculation, bullshit and arguments that seem to come with Sundays.
    Have a good night

• JackButler, why did you have to mention knees? now I’ve got that someones come sock and his mad ramblings in my head.

• Spike

Jul 17, 2011 at 12:17 AM

Thomas – always worth a try. If Jose gets Chumpions League footy do you think he would sign up before he noticed the spelling mistake?

• AMEOBI

Jul 17, 2011 at 12:17 AM

Well lads, first time blogger been on these blogs for ages now and still some quality lads with the crack! As for the Darlo game, gotta be honest what a night hahaha!

• MacToon

Jul 17, 2011 at 12:18 AM

Lol, heskey and bridge, you just couldn’t make it up.

I’d imagine too old and/or too expensive but that’s reality, obviously free’s are too much so we will have to rely on Man City and the to pay us to take a player off their hands the same way we have to do with Smith!

• Andy

Jul 17, 2011 at 12:19 AM

GG haha frank pringles come sock! How did that profile get past a moderator? He is great entertainment

• Tonytoon73

Jul 17, 2011 at 12:19 AM

GG I cant find the bridge. lol

• Tom_Toon

Jul 17, 2011 at 12:19 AM

Tony – You must be on acid if you’re speaking to bridges.

• Andy

Jul 17, 2011 at 12:21 AM

So man city will have a lot of cast offs this summer. Who would you take? I’d take onouha boyatta possibly bellamy (wages?) possibly swp for squad purposes. Think the rest are out of our league price wise

• belfastmagpie87

Jul 17, 2011 at 12:21 AM

that frank fella has issues…..lol

• ToonArmyThomas

Jul 17, 2011 at 12:22 AM

@Spike

Thats how they spell Champions in Spain isn’t it?:/

• Tonytoon73

Jul 17, 2011 at 12:22 AM

Andy I want his gear he is on.(FRANK)

• Andy, I was reading his posts from 5 am yesterday. Decided he was mad and not to reply. But he is a laugh. Hope he comes back soon.

• belfastmagpie87

Jul 17, 2011 at 12:22 AM

i would love to see bellamy back..
    thats the type of striker we need!!!

• ToonArmyThomas

Jul 17, 2011 at 12:24 AM

I would really like Moussa Sow and Keitsuke Honda as replacements for N’Zogbia and Erding! There both just as good and Sow’s goal ratio was better than Erdings last season!

• AMEOBI

Jul 17, 2011 at 12:25 AM

Well hasn’t Bellamy been told he can leave after his loan spell?

• Andy

Jul 17, 2011 at 12:26 AM

We can’t replace transfer targets thomas haha! But i would love those 2. Especially Honda who i think is a quality player! Bit pricey mind £15m or so i read?

• Spike

Jul 17, 2011 at 12:26 AM

@ Thomas,

Actually I’ve quite amused myself with Chumpions League. I’ll have to use that one again.

Especially if Jose ends up going to the land of the car thieves

• ToonArmyThomas

Jul 17, 2011 at 12:28 AM

@Andy
    I think you know what I ment haha;)
    As we know we aint getting ’em.

@Spike
    Yeah hope you dont mind me using it, I laughed at that one once I saw it haha:’)

• Spike

Jul 17, 2011 at 12:30 AM

Help yourself Thomas. Use it well my young friend!

• BigKirky

Jul 17, 2011 at 12:31 AM

Wonder who the forward after erding is? M Douglas ‘exclusive tomorrow’. :-/ If that excites you. You just dont know what to believe tbh. Love it if it was bojan on the cheap.

• belfastmagpie87

Jul 17, 2011 at 12:33 AM

the land off car thieves haha
    “you stole my stereo you stole my stereo “

• One of the problems City have. Is that the players they want to move on are on silly money wages. They will end up having to give players away. But who can afford there wages? City and there ambitions have turned round and kicked them where it hurt’s.

• ToonArmyThomas

Jul 17, 2011 at 12:34 AM

@Spike
    I will make you proud haha! By the way names Callum, last names Thomas.. Sounds better as ToonArmyThomas opposed to ToonArmyCallum haha,

• Spike

Jul 17, 2011 at 12:34 AM

Ha ha, where’s the wheels gone? Don’t know Mister, but you owe us £120 for the bricks