Joey Barton Now A Shining Example To Newcastle Youngsters

It would have been very hard while Joey Barton was at Manchester City or in his first couple of years at Newcastle,  to call him a shining example to the youngsters.

Joey Barton – now a good role model for the bairns – nice haircut too!

But that’s what Reserve team manager Peter Beardsley has called the Joey Barton of the last couple of years, and he’s not far from the truth either.

Joey’s private  life and career were in a mess when he got out of jail back in August of 2008, after only one year on Tyneside, but over the last 24 months or so he seems to have tried valiantly to put both his life and career  back together.

And the evidence is there that he’s had some significant success doing that.

And we always knew Joey was a big supporter of the youngsters, because in the four years he’s been at Newcastle, he’s been at Reserve team games and some important Youth games to show his support of the youngsters coming through at the Tyneside club.

In that way Joey has been a leader, and if we see the same things from Joey this coming season, and 100% commitment once again to the Newcastle United side, then who knows,  the powers that be at Newcastle may just reward  Barton with a new contract.

Stranger things have happened, and we’re sure that’s just exactly what manager Alan Pardew is hoping for.

Joey is now  teetotal, because he realized finally,  he was one of those people who  just couldn’t take a drink, without the hostility and anger coming through.

His past misdemeanors have meant that Joey was not given a Visa to tour America with the first team squad,  but the positive thing is that Peter Beardsley will now have Joey on the eight day Reserve team tour of Holland.

The  former Newcastle, Liverpool and England great seems to be  just delighted to have a player of Barton’s abilities and influence in his squad.

This is what Peter said today to the local Newcastle press:

“Joey will be a good example to the kids.” “I mean that because he has been outstanding around the building at Newcastle.”

“No matter what people think of him, he has been brilliant.” “We have always said to our youngsters that, whatever level you play at, the better people you play with the better player you will become.”

“Joey will be good because he will talk and coax people through things.” “It is a shame from his point of view he cannot go to America, but it is a big plus for us in the reserves.”

“He has been a shining example in the last year or so.”  “We hope he can be that next week.”

The Reserve team squad will also include first team players Nile Ranger, Xisco and James Perch, and we think that Perch and Xisco, and maybe even Nile Ranger,  could well have left the club come September.

Peter continued:

“We have a few first- teamers with us now which will be great and a good experience for the lads.”  “It would be a good experience anyway for them.”

“We are taking Joey Barton, Nile Ranger, Xisco and James Perch, who is just coming back from injury. There will be three or four first-teamers there and it will be brilliant.”

“In an ideal world you want experience players around us.”  “I look back last year at Shefki Kuqi and what he did for us as an experienced professional – to have them with the young kids is great.”

“The manager will probably want his experienced players in America, but as I say it is a big plus for us.”

Peter has always been positive about things, and it’s good that he’s come out today and given Joey some credit for what he’s done over the last couple of years.

Whatever Joey did in the past, the man has earned the respect for turning his life around – and he is indeed a positive influence on the many good youngsters on Tyneside.

• WWJBD

Jul 18, 2011 at 7:00 PM

“Joey is now teetotal, because he realized finally, he was one of those people who just couldn’t take a drink, without the hostility and anger coming through.”

Am like Joey Barton but replace the hostility with shame and anger with flirtation……. 🙁

• Andy

Jul 18, 2011 at 7:02 PM

Not that good a role model tbh. Bad mouth your employer and big yourself up for public ridicule. Also punching a player in a game. But he’s improving. Just needs to keep that gob shut and before someone says he’s saying what we all think, yes maybe he is but it’s still very unproffesional

• NUFCFAN76

Jul 18, 2011 at 7:02 PM

The team is here. As is Jose. Look well rested. According to a freelance photographer, a player, possibly Cabaye, missed the trip due to his wife having a baby.

It’s about 100+ degrees, team warmed up with Carver leading drills of 4 a side, one touch passing. They look rusty, for sure. But in great spirits. I wore my FFF jersey in hopes of players coming over, but only Frasier came over. He seemed frustrated that he did’t know where his future lies. Otherwise, got some great pics and I’ll post them when I return on Friday.

Also, by the fence I was standing a club official, I took his picture, was on the phone for a good 45 mins. I heard him say two words: passport and contract.

• WWJBD

Jul 18, 2011 at 7:05 PM

Andy

Thats a bit coldly truthful! Least he isnt sticking cigars in peoples eyes like a mental charv….anymore

I think on the pitch he is pretty good as a influence and off the field he is a example of how you can turn your life around. Lets just ignore him slagging off his boss eh 😉

• WWJBD

Jul 18, 2011 at 7:06 PM

NUFCFAN76
    Its Williamsons who missed out cos he couldnt find a condom mate not Cabaye

• MacToon

Jul 18, 2011 at 7:09 PM

Andy, Barton tells it how it is and I like that I admire him for it too. Maybe I’d like to think I’d do the same in his shoes but who knows.

I’d rather listen to JB 100% more than Ashley (ha) Lambiass or Pardew. Another thing is he wont be pushed about or “played” as easily as young Carroll was and I’m sure he’d be quite happy to see his contract out.

I’d be 100% happier and more confident of Ashley n co. if he had a new deal at NUFC.

• davybtoon

Jul 18, 2011 at 7:13 PM

i like barton but i think its safe to say this will b his last season with us if he aint sold this window

• NagoyaNUFC

Jul 18, 2011 at 7:21 PM

I want Joey to retire in black and white! 🙁

• NagoyaNUFC

Jul 18, 2011 at 7:21 PM

oh, and orange will do just fine 😀

• Pit yacker

Jul 18, 2011 at 7:24 PM

Let’s be honest he’s a prick! but as long as keeps his head down and produces on the pitch the fans will support him

• NUFCFAN76

Jul 18, 2011 at 7:26 PM

@ 5 – Probably right m8e. Just went through @ 122 pics on my camera. I’ll upload the ALL Friday.

The sprinklers came on too during the first ten mins of training. Pards seemed calm and warmed up with the players. They all seem to like him as he pulled a few aside, mentoring them Vukic, Hatem and it looked like Loverman or Raylor. Say what you want, but he’s very hands on in training. .co.uk tv was there too, taking numerous player interviews. It is true though, the 3 Amigos were pretty much always together, as were our French friends. I also would’nt be surprised if Vukic and Abeid make their marks, they are physical specimens. They are practing again today @ 5:30.

• WWJBD

Jul 18, 2011 at 7:27 PM

Given has signed for Villa….yeah hes gonna win trophies there! Least if he stayed with us he would of been in the championship winning squad!

• davybtoon

Jul 18, 2011 at 7:29 PM

nufcfan76 – think ya ryt vukic n abeid will b first team players this year n hopefully tav gets his chance at ryt back

• davybtoon

Jul 18, 2011 at 7:30 PM

why dont we try for jo or cacaido from man city cud of ba n jo up front

• NUFCFAN76

Jul 18, 2011 at 7:30 PM

Also, special shout out goes to Joppadoni who correctly called the practice at Swope Park.

• davybtoon

Jul 18, 2011 at 7:32 PM

nufcfan76 – was the nufc offical fat n with shaved head that will b lee charnley who sorts deals out n that

• rknufc

Jul 18, 2011 at 7:35 PM

@nufcfan76 are you going to the training session later?? you can give us a report on the lads ~ :-)….what was that about passport and contract>>??

• NUFCFAN76

Jul 18, 2011 at 7:37 PM

Davy, I’m 6’4 190lbs, fairly well built for a 34 yo. I was surprised, these lads, and others such as Smith, Ba and Tayls are big dudes. I’m used to watching them on 50in HDTV, lol! They all seemed to handle the crazy humity well too.

• pizzicatochan

Jul 18, 2011 at 7:37 PM

I posted this @ the last post, but seem that no one is answering:

Has anyone seen how Brad Inman, Conor Newton and Paul Dummett perform?

There are people saying Dummett was doing great. I do want to get an idea of how much the youth could step up when they need to.

By the way, if we mean to keep playing in 4-2-3-1, I believe we are okay with the striker department, at most one striker needed because of the first teamers going down.

But we do need more calibre for the attacking midfield area, and the cover in the defensive midfield area is very critical.

• mushy

Jul 18, 2011 at 7:40 PM

Sky Sports News:
    Routledge just signed for Swansea after 3rd bid was successful. First 2 were £1.5m and £1.8m.

Add to that his wages over the next umpteen years, and that puts a fair bit into the transfer kitty.

• ONLINE GUY

Jul 18, 2011 at 7:41 PM

Pit Yacker grow up with your Comments , tit !

• davybtoon

Jul 18, 2011 at 7:41 PM

pizzi – think dummitt is rated the most out of the 3 players but all 3 hav defo got a chance of making it newton is a combative midfielder n inman his an attacking midfielder suprised more of the youngsters aint gone to the states

• pizzicatochan

Jul 18, 2011 at 7:41 PM

@mushy, what is the third bid about? offering us Neil Taylor?

• davybtoon

Jul 18, 2011 at 7:43 PM

mushy – xiscos agent reckons he will b off in next couple of days to deportivo on perm deal hopefully

• NUFCFAN76

Jul 18, 2011 at 7:44 PM

Davy, yep, that was him, looked like Paul Barron kinda, I got pics for proof.

@Rk – I’m happy to report on anything via my iphone but you will all have to trust me until I load the pics on Friday. Im taking in a baseball game this evening, so, no I wont be going. I am attending a NUFC VIP event/training tomorrow night where I WILL meet everyone and have pics and stories to report.

Been following the Toon for 16 years lads from Cali. This is all a dream come true.

• mushy

Jul 18, 2011 at 7:45 PM

@pizzi. I can only assume it must have been £2mill.

Why on earth we didn’t make Taylor part of the negotiating process is beyond me.

• Pit yacker

Jul 18, 2011 at 7:45 PM

Online guy? So he puts a cigar in kids eye, has drunken brawl, goes to prison, punches a player and I should grow up?
    Did he kiss his shirt and now you love him?
    You sir are a fool

• pizzicatochan

Jul 18, 2011 at 7:45 PM

@davybtoon, means there might be a chance for Newton covering Tiote in January? No thank you, although I really like to see them step up.

But I read that Newton has captained the reserved side when they played a few days ago. Maybe he’s not that bad (hopefully).

If they go to Holland, probably they will get more playing time. With Cabaye and Barton are not going to the States at the same time, the youngsters could learn much more from them.

• pizzicatochan

Jul 18, 2011 at 7:46 PM

@mushy, let’s see if Neil Taylor’s bid would come back (although I strongly doubt it).

• mushy

Jul 18, 2011 at 7:47 PM

Xisco off to Depor ??

Any guesses at how much we’ll get for him (negative values will be accepted)

• pizzicatochan

Jul 18, 2011 at 7:48 PM

By the way, the official site says that Inman’s playing style is like ‘Kaka. I wanna find some eyewitness to confirm that. (hopefully it’s really ‘Kaka not caca.)

• NUFCFAN76

Jul 18, 2011 at 7:48 PM

@ 19 – didn’t see very many young’ns or fringe reserves.

• pizzicatochan

Jul 18, 2011 at 7:49 PM

@mushy, that’s not business.

The real business is:

Let me sell you (Depor) Xisco and I (Ashley) will pay you Smith and Shola as the price of taking Xisco.

• pizzicatochan

Jul 18, 2011 at 7:50 PM

@NUFCFAN76, just looking for a bit of excitement starting my week (instead of no transfer activity again).

• mushy

Jul 18, 2011 at 7:50 PM

@pizzi, I assumed that when Neil Taylor signed his new 4 year contract, that was the end of any chance we had. You think maybe not ??

• WWJBD

Jul 18, 2011 at 7:51 PM

Where is this Routledge news coming from?

And the Xisco one is horrible news this was going to be his year! Where is that news coming from as well?

• pizzicatochan

Jul 18, 2011 at 7:52 PM

@mushy, I just hope this is not the end, but I think the case is sadly settled down.

• NUFCFAN76

Jul 18, 2011 at 7:52 PM

Xisco wasnt there, norcwas Routy. And no way is Naylor coming, just signed a contract. Wait, in Ashley’s world that’s a sell signal…

• davybtoon

Jul 18, 2011 at 7:52 PM

sky say routledge fee has been agreed with swansea n xisco agent says he will b away in couple of days

• rknufc