Newcastle’s Wayne Routledge Still In Big Demand

Swansea City agreed a fee of £1.8M with Newcastle a couple of days ago for right winger Wayne Routledge, and now the next step is to talk to the player about personal terms.

Wayne Routledge – many clubs interested

But it turns out that Routledge cannot discuss those personal terms until Chairman Huw Jenkins is back from his vacation tomorrow.

But Swansea will need to move quickly, and why Huw couldn’t have at least called the player on the phone, to start the discussions or even negotiate the terms in full, we have no idea.

But the news is that at least two Championship clubs are still very keen to sign Wayne, and the player would be great for any club looking to get promoted next season from the Championship.

Those teams are Leicester City and Nottingham Forest, and the news is that former England manager Sven Eriksson is very keen to sign the right winger, and the club should be able to offer Wayne good terms.

Lecisteer City are now well backed by their new owner, Thai tycoon Vichai Raksriaksorn, the chief executive of airport duty-free giant King Power Group.

Another former England manager, Steve McClaren is also said to be interested in signing the player for Nottingham Forest, so Wayne certainly has some good clubs after him.

Whether he will favor Swansea, because they can offer him Premier League football, we don’t know, but of course the terms offered by the three clubs will also have something to do with which club Routledge moves to eventually.

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew has said that some current Newcastle players will be moved out this summer, and Wayne Routledge is one of them,  since he has no future on Tyneside.

• kevymartins

Jul 20, 2011 at 2:43 PM

Ok cheick this out . . 451 also known as the tree

__________krul____
    simmo___saylor__collo___jose

___________Tiote______________
    Marveaux__________________ jonas
    _______Benarfa ______Abeid_
    ______________Ba_____________

• WWJBD

Jul 20, 2011 at 2:46 PM

Wherever he goes I truely hope he is a success there seems a good lad just lacks that confidence in his ability which is a shame

• Kris

Jul 20, 2011 at 2:52 PM

Why some many rates Abeid as a starter for our team in the opening against Arsenal. I think the guy is talented but the player never got a first team game under Lens. Maybe the guy will be a between our first team and reserve squad next season, like Kadar has been.

• boater

Jul 20, 2011 at 2:54 PM

happy for him to stay as cover, he was excellent against villa and chelsea, but seems to have carried the can for the stevenage debacle.

• Eastander

Jul 20, 2011 at 3:00 PM

kevymartins… youre missing cabaye!

• Indian Magpie

Jul 20, 2011 at 3:06 PM

well if we have players like him Yes. Manager says sumthing players differ

• Rotonda heights

Jul 20, 2011 at 3:18 PM

routledge is doing a barton, demanding a signing off fee from us and a signing on fee from whoever !

• Rotonda heights

Jul 20, 2011 at 3:21 PM

the tree is 4-3-2-1

• Angryman the Angry fan

Jul 20, 2011 at 3:27 PM

Rotonda
    Barton offered to take a pay cut!!

Latest I heard, Pardew has a five year contract based on Profit share!!!!!!

Eg The bigger the profit the more money he gets, if the profit is low, the less money he gets, this is why they agreed a 5 year deal with him. Same goes for all the senior Managment!!

Not the correct way to run a football team in my opinion, correct with success comes financial reward, but if I thought I wasnt going to win anything, I would want to maximise the profits anyway 😉

Greedy greedy b@st’rds!

• Angryman the Angry fan

Jul 20, 2011 at 3:29 PM

PS, that will also run in line with the fact the fat lad has started shifting money out 😉

• jesperfuglsang

Jul 20, 2011 at 3:30 PM

@kevymartins that’s not a 4-5-1 formation that’s tha same formation Barcelona uses and it’s more of a 4-1-4-1 formation. The 4-5-1 formation is more defensive with either 5 midfielder on line or 4 and 1 attacking midfielder.

The use of 4-1-3-1 depends on the forward; is he a fact tricky forward, a poacher or is he more of a targetman. I am not realy sure what kind of forward Ba is, but I have stated before that I don’t see either Strolla or Best really fitting into a variation of the 4-4-3 formation. I am happy to be wrong about Best (guess we’ll know soon).

We probably need a targetman; that would setup HBA and then we could use the RW and LW as inner forwards going inside instead of always crossing (though a targetman would come in hand when crossing).

But i’m with you formation-wise; a 4-1-4-1 should be our main formation next season, as long as AP is flexible, because different teams require different approach.

• JAMSHA

Jul 20, 2011 at 3:35 PM

Abeid wl b startng 2day for newcastle.

• Eastander

Jul 20, 2011 at 3:36 PM

anyone seen the photos on the official nufc website btw of us training in Kansas? The photo where gosling is running towards the camera, he looks like an absolute tank

• Angryman the Angry fan

Jul 20, 2011 at 3:44 PM

So Enrique could be off imminenetly!
    Gerrin, maybe then the cahnging rooms can get a new bog suite or something with the 8 million, and we may be able to widen the borehole paid for with the olympic dosh, or afford the leccie bill for the under pitch heating!!

However, Alan and the fat cats will be areet at the end of the financial year!!

• Angryman the Angry fan

Jul 20, 2011 at 3:44 PM

Gosling is a fat c11nt like int he?

• dave 1961

Jul 20, 2011 at 3:46 PM

I see the pitch invasion has now been upgraded to a riot by the daily mirror, god help if we ever have a riot. a few nuggets girly fighting’s never a riot just embarrassing.

• Eastander

Jul 20, 2011 at 3:47 PM

I reckon team for tonight
    —————Krul—————-
    Simmo Taylor Collo Enrique
    Abeid–Gosling–tiote–jonas
    —————-Ben Arfa———-
    —————Ba——————–

• JAMSHA

Jul 20, 2011 at 3:48 PM

Forster

Simpson-Coloccini (C)-S.Taylor- Jose Enrique

Marveaux-Ben Arfa-Gosling-Jonas

Abeid-Ba

• Andy

Jul 20, 2011 at 3:50 PM

angryman could to have your rumblings back haha. Where did you hear that about enrique?

• Andy

Jul 20, 2011 at 3:51 PM

Team for tonight
    Krul
    Tav Colo Taylor Enrique
    Tiote Gosling
    Jonas Vuckic Marveaux
    Ba

Gives the lads who didn’t start last game a start and if theres as many subs as 11 then it doesn’t matter who starts. It’ll be a good test

• Eastander

Jul 20, 2011 at 3:52 PM

andy – vuckic is injured

• WWJBD

Jul 20, 2011 at 3:53 PM

Eastanders you are sh*tting me Vuckic is injured?!

• Andy

Jul 20, 2011 at 3:55 PM

Yeah just read that

• Eastander

Jul 20, 2011 at 3:56 PM

How about an alternative formation for away games;
    ————————-Krul—————————
    ———-Taylor——Collo——-Willo————
    Gosling ————–Tiote————— Enrique
    —————Cabaye——-Marveaux————-
    —————————Ben Arfa——————-
    ————————Ba——————————-

Means we have attacking full back who can drop back to make it 5 at the back when needs be but we will always have 3 back so ‘shouldnt’ get caught. With Tiote Sitting as cover leaves cabaye, marveaux, ben arfa and ba the freedom to go win us the game 🙂

• P.I.

Jul 20, 2011 at 3:56 PM

@Eastander

I cant seem to load the photos at work, can you send me a direct link to the one of Gosling?
    Im surprised to hear that he’s filled out. What i remember he was fairly thin. Be excellent if he’s turned into a bruiser like.

• Andy

Jul 20, 2011 at 3:56 PM

Put abeid in there then

• WWJBD

Jul 20, 2011 at 3:57 PM

Is Vuckic actually made of glass or just really unlucky haha poor lad

• Angryman the Angry fan

Jul 20, 2011 at 3:58 PM

Andy
    Just where everyone else hears it mate. That Mark Douglas is whining about it on twitter from what I gather and he isnt usually that far away from the truth or so Im told.

For me, I would say if we got 8m for enrique, normally would be a cracking deal, but seeing as we never spend it (It goes INTO THE CLUB, which could mean Mikes Private members club of course and they wouldnt be lying using that statement all the time) I think it would be a sh!te deal and I shall winge and whine about it on here till my hearts content.

Beginning of this transfer window I said wed be lucky if he sanctioned 15m on players…….he hasnt done that yet and we are only wanting 2 more players? Guaranteed they wont cost more than 15m

Qeueue Otters pocket, stuart, davybloon, cousto, ‘agents fees agents fees’ bla bla Yawnnnnnn

• NUFCFAN76

Jul 20, 2011 at 3:59 PM

Lads, update from KC.

Attended the VIP event. Gorgeous facilities, staff, etc. Looking forward to going back tonight.

Training: team, except Harris for most of it, trained for quite a while. Best and Ba looked the sharpest hitting nearly all of their shots. In a 11 v 11 Marv played on RW then 1/2 way he switched sides. He and Jose were not syncing well. Carver and Pards were, as usual, very hands on. FF made numerous top saves: he’s ready lads, for sure.

VIP Event: 200 or so supporters were well taken care of by SKC staff and had the grounds to ourselves. We were ushered back into the Field lounge where players came from one of 4 dressing rooms to sit and sign.

Highlights/funny stuff: everyone begged Jose to stay, 100’s of times. The players sat, patient, tired, but happy to interact. The first was Loverman, approached him and said ” Peter, signed on a free from Germany!” – he laughed! I told him I expect 8-10 goals. Then Saylor, Harps both quiet, then Smith, asked how he felt and he looked ths other way… Wow. Pards, after seeing me at training, press conference and wishing him happy b-day called me a “real regular, eh?” was the first to sign a pic of my NUFC Benz ( they all really got a kick out of my car, except HBA, who’s a little WUM – he joked he liked my FFF jersey though he said). Spoke at length to Shola, despite what anyone says, lads, he KNOWS what it means to put on the jersey!!! Called him the Mackem killer and he loved it! Said hello to Tiote, very quiet, soft spoken. Spoke to Harris, Tav and Abeid at length, all top boys, with Harris saying he wants to “hole” role (behind striker). Marv was VERY quiet, language, spoke little french to him and he was the first of the French lads I had sign my French jersey and Carver GAVE me a training jersey!!!! Raylor was next, asked him where he might play and said “anywhere.” Then Gosling, really cool. Then Ba, HBA were takn the piss out of me in French as I tried to speak what little I know. Besty was really cool and told him I want 15 this year from him & Ba. Then Krul/FF who I met earlier were great. Colo was cool, tired though. Spoke spanish to him and then Jose and Jonas; those guys are funny! Wished them well, told Jose he was the best LB in the league and Jonas is a character signing a team sheet I made for autograpghs in Ole Soderbergs spot, he got a kick out of it. Being at the end of the line, they were gracious, but bolted as thet were clearly knackered.

Thats it for now lads.

• P.I.

Jul 20, 2011 at 4:03 PM

If El Toro goes for 8million squiddly diddlys we can stretch it on the following:

*Electricity bill for the lighting on the Sports Direct advertising boards for the next 5 years.
    *New and improved restaurant and bar facilites in the board room at St James’ park.
    *Fuel for the helecopter to and from London for Mike Ashley.
    *Hotel bill for Neil Taylor and Barnetta last month.

• WWJBD

Jul 20, 2011 at 4:03 PM

NUFCFAN76

I very much enjoy reading your posts keep them up

• Andy

Jul 20, 2011 at 4:06 PM

WWJBD i think it’s paper mache Vuckic is made out of! He’s always injured – soft as clarts those slovenians and nufcfan76 great insight into the tour cheers mate.

• WWJBD

Jul 20, 2011 at 4:10 PM

Andy
    Has he actually gone 2 months under NUFC contract without a injury? And he is,by some peoples reports, Nolans replacement…..the mind boggles mate

• jonny_ringo13

Jul 20, 2011 at 4:16 PM

• belfastmagpie87

Jul 20, 2011 at 4:19 PM

vuckic is always injured ffs!!!!

• P.I.

Jul 20, 2011 at 4:20 PM

@NUFCFAN76

“they all really got a kick out of my car, except HBA, who’s a little WUM – he joked he liked my FFF jersey though he said)”

Can you tell me what you meant by a little WUM please? I cant work out the abbreviation.
    Also I take FFF hersey was a france footy top aye?

I think if we sign another Frenchman Im gonna start wearing a France top for toon matches like.

• belfastmagpie87

Jul 20, 2011 at 4:21 PM

wum= wind up merchant.

• WWJBD

Jul 20, 2011 at 4:23 PM

Joseph Barton
    @Joey7Barton Joseph Barton
    Just in the aeroporto en route to schipol, game tomo night. Decent

The rest of the reserves are on a ferry….bit harsh wonder how Cabaye is getting there

• belfastmagpie87

Jul 20, 2011 at 4:25 PM

@nufcfan76

you have been a busy boy,by the sounds of it.lol

1 2 3 14