Potential Good News On Ben Arfa’s Ankle

Some good news today and that rumor that he could be back in three weeks we mentioned earlier today – seems to be holding up.

Ben Arfa– back in three weeks?

The Frenchman is wearing a protective cast on his leg, and the 24 year-old arrived back in Newcastle yesterday, after leaving the club’s US tour.

It’s bad enough breaking your leg twice and being out almost nine months, but then in the second game of your comeback to be injured again, and it’s the same left leg – that’s really tough luck for the Frenchman.

It was Ben Arfa who had said he thought he could be back in just three weeks, and he said that to Newcastle fans at the Kansas City game, as the fans were obviously just a little distraught at the sight of seeing Ben Arfa again being carried off on a stretcher – again.

It could be that Ben Arfa will be fit for the Arsenal game, which is three weeks tomorrow at St James’ Park, and if he makes that – it would be great news.

Apparently, when he was first injured some of the Newcastle medical staff  were expecting the lay-off could be as long as three months, but it doesn’t look like he will be out anywhere near that time.

And that’s the good news, although we still don’t have any official word from the Newcastle medics.

• Angryman the Angry fan

Jul 22, 2011 at 12:44 PM

HBA may never be th same again after such a serious injury, but the fact that everybody flaps when he picks up a knock isextremely worrying!!

Oh if only the owner would BUY some quality back up players…………and not free transfer injury risks!! Id feel alot more comfortable!!

• barryvenison

Jul 22, 2011 at 12:45 PM

Please be fit enough to at least make the bench for the Arsenal match.

• Angryman the Angry fan

Jul 22, 2011 at 12:47 PM

see i don’t understand how im number one
    when it was just a fling before now, im the one
    see all i did was blink twice, from my homie to my only
    number one

• Angryman the Angry fan

Jul 22, 2011 at 12:47 PM

Number one blogger in number one spot!!!
    Fitting dont you think?

• NUFC_Richyg01

Jul 22, 2011 at 12:48 PM

I think we are just being over-cautious with him after the horrific injury he has just had.

I would imagine the cast is just for support, so maybe just bruising, swelling or ligament damage.

Atleast the fracture held up.

• barryvenison

Jul 22, 2011 at 12:49 PM

Heard a rumor that we’re in talks with Reo-Coker. He is available on a free so he should only cost us about 20mill.

• Angryman the Angry fan

Jul 22, 2011 at 12:50 PM

HBA
    Hoppy,Ben, Arfa

• NUFC_Richyg01

Jul 22, 2011 at 12:52 PM

@8

Looks popular mate, no one has posted since Wednesday!!

You cant compete with ED!

• NUFC_Richyg01

Jul 22, 2011 at 12:54 PM

@9

As long as after the arsenal match:

HBA = Heart Broken Arsene!

• roy cropper

Jul 22, 2011 at 12:56 PM

markaccus – come out from behind the couch – uncle ed’s got some good new for you about benny boy.

• Andy

Jul 22, 2011 at 12:56 PM

@7 good song

Everyone is flapping about saying he’s finished etc have any of you seen the picture of the tackle? It was a terrible reckless tackle and i think that if he’s only out for 3 weeks he’s reasonably lucky.

• Burni

Jul 22, 2011 at 12:57 PM

Sorry lads but I dont reckon hell be able to play against arsenal!!

Worst thing is Pardew should have prepared for this, same as marveux, ba, gosling even.

I was positive at the beginning of the window, words from pardew about money being spent, injuries and the fact I know newcastle are THE MOST unlucky team in the world, Im started to feel really negative and there aint much for me to be happy about..

soz like fellow positivists

• boater

Jul 22, 2011 at 1:05 PM

For ‘positive’ read delusional.

• thai-mag

Jul 22, 2011 at 1:07 PM

just read a interview with john carver, he says 5 or 6 first team squad players could not get visa’s and are in holland with reserves, great pre-season planning this, got 2/3 of team in usa and 1/3 in holland, you could’nt make it up, bunch of amatures

• ReagansWig

Jul 22, 2011 at 1:07 PM

For years I blamed the training ground then the medical staff for why we seem to suffer so many injuries. We bring in big name managers who do sweet fa we bing supposedly great player who r crap 4 us I now think the club is jinxed

• Andy

Jul 22, 2011 at 1:08 PM

Everton have 2 or 3 players not given visas. Yakubu and Yobo and 1 other i think. No shock there club hasn’t been publicised as us!

• Burni

Jul 22, 2011 at 1:10 PM

boater, wheesht ya gob mate. Do I insult you? no. Please dont insult me

• aknufc95

Jul 22, 2011 at 1:11 PM

liverpool bid 6mil plus aqualani for enrique

• Angryman the Angry fan

Jul 22, 2011 at 1:13 PM

Boater
    So correct mate. But at least with Burni, the chutes of realism are starting to take root!

• Angryman the Angry fan

Jul 22, 2011 at 1:19 PM

Burni, picture this scenario!
    Marveaux groin injury starts to play up after a couple of cpmetative games that I expect no more than 2 points from as things stand. Demba Ba’s Knee goes third game, Cabaye doesnt settle?

Thats all three of our MAJOR summer signings gone, take into account the fact that we have shipped out several squad players and potentially lose 4 more?

Parpew has said we could ‘possibly’ sign another 1 or 2 players before close of T-Window!!

What on earth is there to be positive about? The fat man will not spend any cash……….

• Burni

Jul 22, 2011 at 1:19 PM

Angry, me and you have had our ….. er…. meetings on here.

I’ve always had a lot of pessimisim in me which comes out when things dont appear to be going well.. such as now.

Like you say, I am a realist, some people on here are OVERLY negative and it brings everyone down. But at the moment im erring towards the “neggers” camp.

I came into the transfer window thinking 35m would be used for transfer fees not free players or some BS! ?However I would still love for MA to prove all of us wrong but the light at the tunnel is fading.. I make decisions based on facts rather than feelings like some.

• Burni

Jul 22, 2011 at 1:22 PM

At the moment Angry, Im with you on everything you have said, although we both need to admit that that is very much “glass half empty”

the only thing I cling onto is, what if none of those things happen and whoop everyone we play?…..

• Angryman the Angry fan

Jul 22, 2011 at 1:24 PM

Burni
    Yup. Ill go along eith your glass half empty scenario, but I reckon History is well on my side in this way of thinking!!
    As it has been with Jabba and his lack of putting his grubby litle hand in his very deep ample pockets!!

• Angryman the Angry fan

Jul 22, 2011 at 1:28 PM

“I came into the transfer window thinking 35m would be used for transfer fees not free players or some BS!”

Was that a typo at the end lad? Should it not be BH for Bore Hole, you know ‘a big slice of the A.Caroll dosh went to making a bore hole’ according to Parpew and Lame arse……but wait? Didnt the Olympic Peeps say they had paid for that?

Noticed they havent mentioned the bore hole since!!

Lying scumbags!!!

• Burni

Jul 22, 2011 at 1:36 PM

Lol, nah you know what it meant

• Angryman the Angry fan

Jul 22, 2011 at 1:43 PM

We have had a new gravel track laid around the pitch!! Woo hoo

• ASTORIA

Jul 22, 2011 at 1:49 PM

Angry, loving the Number 1 related gags. My glass is doon to the dregs mate I’m that disillusioned at present!!!

• Burni

Jul 22, 2011 at 1:49 PM

bout 10m u reckon?

• GeordieToon89

Jul 22, 2011 at 1:58 PM

Lads:
    Im selling a White Ford Fiest Zetec S 1.6litre engine with street pack, privacy windows and bluetooth connection 4200miles on the clock and just under 1 years old 10 plate.. £11,000 ono.! if anyone knows anyone who wants a very nice sporty looking car please let me know.. im only selling due to financial requirements otherwise i would keep cos i love this car 🙁

• Hobs

Jul 22, 2011 at 2:15 PM

Last season we were only a sloppy 2nd half away form a great top half finish. With 4 more than descent players in, 2 good players returning from injury and 1-2 juniors moving up to the senior squad I’d say we have a very much improved team from last season.

In fact we have a team that has the skills to score that extra goal in say 3 of the matches we drawn last year. That would take us to 7th in the league and back into europe, I really think we are already good enough to challenge for that place.

Add another striker with some skills, and we’ll have a great team without spending £100mill in transfers, something only very few clubs are able to do.

And what is thaty saying Ashley is not willing to spend? He bid £10mill for Gervinho, who naturally choses Arsenal and CL football ahead of us. He’s bid for Erdinc, who’s already at a CL club and wants to fight for his place there. I’m sure there had ben several other offers for players that has not reached the press yet.

Is is not as simple as bidding £20mill for a player and then he signs. Transfers doesn’t work that way. Also a player that’s worth £20mill would not likely want to sign for Newcastle as there are surely other bigger clubs in for him. And if we were able to sign such a player, what if he pics up a long time injury? Or just turns out to be crap, like Owen? I think a lot of people in here would be happy if we only had a £100mill offer for Messi accepted. Now good luck in persuading him to move to Newcastle!

And why do we have to buy expensive players when it is possible to get great players for a lesser fee? Look at Liverpool buying Downing for like £20mill. Downing is no more than a descent but not spectacular left foot, and a right foot that’s just … well poor at best. And remember who their first choise left winger was? That right! Sylvain Marveux who signed for us for free! Now who’s made the best deal here?

Now look at the other mid-table teams in the leage. There has hardly been any signings at all, which really make Newcaslte one ot the most active clubs in this transfer window. ManU and Liverpool are really the only clubs who has completed any signings and they are paying absolutely silly amounts of money for their players.

I am really unable to see anything to moan or complain about here. Get real, guys, and stay patient! We’ll sign another striker, a possible replacement for Jose and we’re good to go!

• Hobs

Jul 22, 2011 at 2:20 PM

Just out of curiosity, which league position do you guys think Newcastle could be fighting for next season given that we spend an additional £35mill on transfers in this window?

• Burni

Jul 22, 2011 at 2:51 PM

Hobs, I used to share your views however, being a realist I find it difficult to.

simple question you buy a car brand new from Ford right? It costs 20,000. you get a quality car with no issues… yeah?

however you buy the same car from wor geordie toon 89 for 11,000 and u get a card that can have risks etc.

No one, not one of the people on here, even the neggers want another owen, or even messi we all know thats silly but…… when u search around for frees or discounts u get mostly good products with the possibility that they may not be quite up to standard but u get the occasional gem, tiote, ben arfa etc.

Aye Liverpool have been ripped off but they bought suarez for 23m, excellent signing. Man U bought Hernandez for 6.5m, excellent signing. ashley now seems as if hes done in the transfer market. I know we hear that were still interested in at least two, fair point. but one is going to be a striker whos stats arent that good and the other will have to be a decent left back as jose is going.

He needs to BUY players who dont come with baggage, who do add to the team, who arent going to spend half the season out with injury.

If we for example bought any player (purely example) Tevez, we would get a player who is hardly injured and plays his heart out thats why he has a high price tag. but Ashley refuses to spen the money that he has in the bank.

If he was willing to invest in those players who are good quality and werent prone to injury then why, over two seasons would we not end up top 6 maybe higher, just like man city, just like chelsea have become?

I agree our teams all right but wouldnt you want it to be mint?

I dont complain or moan mate in fact it bugs the crap out of me when people do, but my optimism has waned as of late. beginning of the transfer window I was like, right, time for ashley to show his intent and alas he hasnt mate, and no offence but ur blind if you think he has.

Again, Ill still be at SJP every game next season supporting the team but I think for a second season we are going to struggle. We need goals…. where we gonna get em from?

• Felipe

Jul 22, 2011 at 2:56 PM

@Burni34: What you are advocating is going back to the old ways. Tevez or anyone like him. We’ve done that for the 45 years I’ve been a supporter and we won nowt! Let’s give the new way a chance.

• Felipe

Jul 22, 2011 at 2:58 PM

@Hobs32: I couldn’t have said it better…

• Burni

Jul 22, 2011 at 3:09 PM

Felipe…. the new way ….. take a massive gamble with players who are not proved and who are injury prone or coming back from injury?

ur OVERLY optimistic mate

U missed my bottom paragraph obviously… Like I say Ill still be there and Ill be giving the new way a chance but theres nothing wrong with spending money on proven talent….

surely you cant disagree with that?

• Felipe

Jul 22, 2011 at 3:30 PM

@Burni37: It’s worked for Arsenal for 15 years. No reason why it can’t work for us and certainly no way it can be any worse than the last 45 years.
    I didn’t miss your last paragraph mate. Just when you said that we struggled last season when we finished a very respectable 12th and could easily have been 9th in our first season back in the premier I didn’t take you seriously. No offence like.

• Burni

Jul 22, 2011 at 3:49 PM

I have seen the post after this and I notice ur very VERY optimistic, I commend that.

Im not any more, Im not as negative as some but Im not happy at the minute. Using your logic tho yep we finished tweflth as someone said we were one win and a draw away from relegation I believe. Thats struggling howay.

• jonny_ringo13

Jul 22, 2011 at 4:35 PM

@ 8

are you blind or something there were loads of posts yesterday although you prob cant see that coz you havent liked it lol