Newcastle United Blog Running Fantasy Football League

The Newcastle United Blog is running a fantasy football  league this season for the very first time courtesy of Metro Free Fantasy Football.

A league has been set up for readers of this blog, and the details from Metro are shown below:

League Name: NUFC

League Pin: 4430

I’m just a little late to this game, but have written a guest article for Metro and they have persuaded me I should really run fantasy football on this site.

You can sign up for the league here and you will need to create your own fantasy team and join the league using the above pin.

I understand other blogs have already launched fantasy football,  so we’ll see how popular this is  – please sign up now if your are interested.

• AMEOBI

Jul 25, 2011 at 5:40 PM

Another one? As well as Andy’s more fun to the blog, cheers ED!

• scottoon

Jul 25, 2011 at 5:43 PM

Speaking of which….Andy, can you please re post the access code for the fantasy league?

Cheers mate!

• gonz

Jul 25, 2011 at 5:46 PM

I’m just gonna stick to the official one that Andy set up.

• Andy

Jul 25, 2011 at 5:51 PM

Ed are you sure thats the right pin? I’ve got a league set up by jonny simpson.

Scottoon it is 26808-13480

• geoff777

Jul 25, 2011 at 5:58 PM

Cool Metro have assured me that I have 100M to spend on the team.

“I said to Metro: ‘Look, this money has to be reinvested in the team. All of it,’” Geoff said. “And Metro assured me of that.

• geoff777

Jul 25, 2011 at 5:59 PM

Ed, If I have 35M left over can I buy a borehole?

• UpTheRoad

Jul 25, 2011 at 6:11 PM

Made one xD It’s called ‘Worth a punt’

• DarloGeordie

Jul 25, 2011 at 6:21 PM

Ed you legend

Takes some emphasis of slating the owners and the club lol even if you did get the idea of andy lmao

😉

• DarloGeordie

Jul 25, 2011 at 6:28 PM

“disgruntled numpties”

Mick mccartheys description of these “professional” footballers posting crap on twatter haha

• Barras

Jul 25, 2011 at 6:29 PM

I’m most definitely sticking with Andy’s league. Personally I think Ed should be advertising Andy’s league not that one but oh well, doesn’t matter.

• DarloGeordie

Jul 25, 2011 at 6:33 PM

Nice 1

• Smooth moves Shola

Jul 25, 2011 at 6:34 PM

Haha Darlo, we call a spade a spade, up North. 😛 Wish we had a blunt Northener managing us, all the great British managers are Northern.

• SaulToon

Jul 25, 2011 at 6:40 PM

love these fantasy leagues really wish we had a sure statement on how long afra’s out really want him but who knows when he’ll be back

• TemuriKetsbaia

Jul 25, 2011 at 6:40 PM

This is mental coming from a magpie but… the metro give you too much money!

• DarloGeordie

Jul 25, 2011 at 6:49 PM

Smooth moves shola

True that ssn did a piece a few month back bout all the best managers being northerners. Shame there all north of the border, well not a shame but you get my drift.

Fergie, moyes ohhhh dare u say it…. Dalglish lol

• DarloGeordie

Jul 25, 2011 at 6:50 PM

* dare I say it *

• Barras

Jul 25, 2011 at 6:55 PM

cwarr07 Colin
    Mevlüt Erdinç soon to be confirmed as a #nufc player. Currently with Lee Charnley, good news at last.

This means breaking news, Erdinc is NOT signing and the deal has fell through.

Only joking, I hope Colin finally gets something right.

• shamsoftabriz

Jul 25, 2011 at 6:56 PM

They want some sort of numerical code that IDs the league. Searching for NUFC doesn’t work, and entering the pin number brings up an incorrect league. Any help? Great idea though–created my team.

• Barras

Jul 25, 2011 at 7:10 PM

lee_ryder Lee Ryder

#nufc Will have some positive news on the striker/left-back slot tomorrow in @EveningChron and Journal – again, team spirit is GOOD here…
    3 minutes ago

• gorskino10

Jul 25, 2011 at 7:10 PM

Barras@

Was gunna say the same, aint got a hope in hell if Colins said its happening.

But tbh even if he does if a fee’s been agreed and if Mark Douglas @MsIDouglas Journo said personal terms were agreed ages back it should be happening.

• MacToon

Jul 25, 2011 at 7:16 PM

If we get Erdinc then we’ll need to concentrate on getting some cover at defence AND replace Jose. MF is ok barring more injuries (we always have Smith to rely on) and with Erdinc we’ll have a good addition to our attack but our defence definately needs some attention.

• Barras

Jul 25, 2011 at 7:20 PM

@MacToon Spot on. I think a new LB (if Jose leaves) and a new CB are minimum requirements. The RB situation isn’t exactly healthy.

• Pete Martel

Jul 25, 2011 at 7:21 PM

‘again, team spirit is GOOD here…’

It’s weird that Mark Douglas basically said the group was on the verge of collapse following on from Jose comments yesterday. What local hack can we trust? Both Journal and Chronicle have very little credibility these days, although they’re still some way off claiming Alan Oliver’s bullshitter of the century award. Personally, I think this Mark Douglas is a bit of a scaremonger-er. In fact, isn’t he a mackem?

• MacToon

Jul 25, 2011 at 7:27 PM

Ideally what I’d go for is

Erdinc
    Replacement for Jose
    CB
    Utility defender
    winger/play maker (like Zog)

but if we get Erding and 2 defenders it’ll be a start but imo still desperately short for the whole season. Even with 5 in and 1 out (Jose) I’d still say the squad would lack strength of depth.
    Ashley’s gambling again with our future status in the premiership.

• DarloGeordie

Jul 25, 2011 at 7:29 PM

After looking at a few of your dream teams have decided your all going down!!

unless i need a substitution

😉

• geordiefinn

Jul 25, 2011 at 7:40 PM

Decided to try this! By the way, never played fantasy footy, but it doesn’t seem so difficult. My team’s name is “geordiefinn”.

My team:
    —————AlHabsi
    Sagna–Hangeland–Colo–Baines
    Barton(C)–Cabaye–Tiote–Jarvis
    ———-Gervinho–Suarez
    SUBS:
    Jääskeläinen
    Shawcross
    O’Hara
    Sinclair

• pizzicatochan

Jul 25, 2011 at 7:46 PM

Let’s judge the situation after the preseason. As far as we know, Paul Dummett may have a breakthrough. He’s in US now with the first team squad. Let’s see how he’s doing first, alongside with Tamas Kadar and Jeff Henderson (not Wayne the Liverscrew and the ex-Mackem).

For left back, let’s see if Pardew is brave enough to feature this Northern Ireland U19 International Lee Toland: http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20110725/the-milky-bars-are-on-lee_2281670_2401331

• MacToon

Jul 25, 2011 at 7:48 PM

Atleast we’re top of some table NUFC 1892 😆

• Andy

Jul 25, 2011 at 7:53 PM

We came 2nd to days lost to injury last year. We lost 1643 days. Mackems top with 2001. We were 9th in how many we got with 40 injuries in total. Quite a few long term ones in there

• Smooth moves Shola

Jul 25, 2011 at 7:54 PM

How do you use that emoticon Mac?

Haha I catch ya’ Darlo, just wish we had a manager we could all believe in, wholeheartedly. I want to support AP, but my instincts tell me something drastically different.

• ilovetoon8788

Jul 25, 2011 at 7:56 PM

So….. Paul Dummett. Is he going to be our Maicon or Dani Alves?

• Offkey

Jul 25, 2011 at 8:00 PM

He’s more Paolo Maldini

• jettson1971

Jul 25, 2011 at 8:01 PM

Remember these words from Pardew!!
    The man has no class and no credibility, the likes of Keegan, Curbishley would have walked away on principle! Pardew must owe the fat man a ton from gambling lol

“I said to Mike: ‘Look, this money has to be reinvested in the team. All of it,’” Pardew said. “And he assured me of that. That is the most important message I can give Newcastle fans today. I talked to Mike 15 minutes ago to clarify that and he was pretty clear. The money will be Andy’s legacy to the team”

I notice PSG have signed Menez and Blaise matuidi today, hence why Erdinc deal looks promising, still need 3 or 4 others tho!!

• tommyL

Jul 25, 2011 at 8:02 PM

I’d like us to go after Jeffren from Barca for only £5m he would be good addition. Can play upfront or on the wing.

• toonruz

Jul 25, 2011 at 8:03 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49g9jtaPdlc not a vidio of jonas and harper

• MacToon

Jul 25, 2011 at 8:07 PM

Andy, doesn’t help when we buy long term injured players like Gosling.

smooth moves it’s : lol :
    without the spaces

• pizzicatochan

Jul 25, 2011 at 8:08 PM

Michael Richardson will be our Dani Alves. *rolling my eyes*

• Toon1978

Jul 25, 2011 at 8:09 PM

Some canny teams in the leagues lads. Don’t fancy me chances lol. Wish i had looked at the other teams now hahahaha.

• Smooth moves Shola

Jul 25, 2011 at 8:20 PM

I’ll look a dunce if this doesn’t work now 😆