Joey Tweets Again – Criticizes Britain And America!

Newcastle midfielder Joey Barton has today tweeted on the state of Anglo-American relations, but why he feels he needs to pontificate about these things,  we have no idea.

Joey Barton – decries state of Britain and United States

Joey seems to be upset about the state of the British, and he doesn’t think too much of the United States either.

Here’s what Joey tweeted today:

“This is a good country but we were once pioneers of the known world, a truly GREAT country, now we pedal the stuff the America’s tell us to,”

“‘Land of the free, home of the brave’ only George Bush and his idiotic subordinates believe that …”

“This is not about American people, there’s some good America friends of mine, truly great people,” “It’s their gov and also r gov following them.”

A little pull-back there at the end, just  in case some Americans got upset about Joey’s criticism of  their country.

But why Joey keeps tweeting these opinions, mostly negative, about different things we don’t know, and it’s not clear what he thinks he achieves from these tweets.

We think the US Congress has been acting like children these last few months on the debt ceiling negations,  and how they can curb the huge deficit.

But we’d never think of  putting those opinions out into the public domain.

Whoops!

• North Atlantic Magpie

Jul 30, 2011 at 7:22 PM

1st

• kilcline

Jul 30, 2011 at 7:23 PM

Barton is actually highly intelligent, suggests he has a split personality.

North Atlantic Magpie, truely great post there…..idiot.

• Andy

Jul 30, 2011 at 7:24 PM

For me this is a very silly and irresponsible article which may lead to a whole political row here. Who cares about this it’s not related to football this time

• UpTheRoad

Jul 30, 2011 at 7:24 PM

North Atlantic Magpie, grow up! I find the tweets quite entertaining even though it gets him in bother!

• MacToon

Jul 30, 2011 at 7:26 PM

Can’t see a problem with what he say’s tbh as it’s his opinions and he isn’t criticising the toon or his bosses 😉 Infact I believe he thinks quite highly of the Toon and so he should, it’s a great city.

• Dennis Twice

Jul 30, 2011 at 7:26 PM

Joey for president

• Smooth moves Shola

Jul 30, 2011 at 7:27 PM

Well done Joey, I say.

Nice to hear a footballer have views about the wider world and various topics. I don’t really understand your criticism Ed? Would you like them all to be drones, wrapped up in themselves and their careers, like the prat Robbie Savage?

He seems one of the more balanced personalities in fotball these days, emphasis being placed on the word ‘personalities’.

• eaststandgeordie1982

Jul 30, 2011 at 7:27 PM

You bored ed lol

• Tonytoon73

Jul 30, 2011 at 7:29 PM

Kilcline somebody has said 1st it took you long enough to go mad. Lol

• a.barry

Jul 30, 2011 at 7:30 PM

I wonder what his next tweet will be?….

• Joey starts another war. Who gives a sh**? We’ll win this time USA is broke.

• MacToon

Jul 30, 2011 at 7:34 PM

GG, my money’s on China lmao.

but

In general, we’d ask you to be civil towards other members and refrain from obscene remarks, and any comments on religion, ethnic groups or politics.

Dr. Ed Harrison.

• MacToon

Jul 30, 2011 at 7:34 PM

So seems that we cannot post on-topic 😆

• DarloGeordie

Jul 30, 2011 at 7:35 PM

I love joey Barton what an absolute legend!!

You have to agree with him I would say America is one of the if not the most hated country in the world. War and oil is all they care about and they don’t give two sh its on who they hurt or destroy in the process of achieving their goals.

September 11th was carried out by bush’s government, says it all really no talibs could have organised that. Rediculous.

The only steel reinforced concrete buildings ever to collapse were the twin towers. EVER!!! it was a controlled demolition I can see it and so can joey….

Oh Britannia!!!!!!!!! 🙂

• eplforecast

Jul 30, 2011 at 7:36 PM

hahahaha

LOL

it seems that

JOEY HAS BEEN SMOKING AGAIN!!!!!

• Andy

Jul 30, 2011 at 7:37 PM

MacToon exactly what i stated in my comment. It’s a silly article that could provoke argument

• DarloGeordie, CRAP!

• Robin_S

Jul 30, 2011 at 7:38 PM

He’s just clearing his chest and voicing his opinion which is what twitter is for.

• DarloGeordie

Jul 30, 2011 at 7:42 PM

Lol soz dad

• NUFCFAN76

Jul 30, 2011 at 7:42 PM

Jesus wept. Said it once, this twitface garbage will keep biting us. This lad should keep his mouth shut as he’s about 3 years too late: George who? Every insipid, mundane remark by this idiot is just that.

As if any politicians currently locked in a debt ceiling crisis will look up and say “Right, Joey’s put his 2 cents in, that gives us the will to carry on.” More like, “Who is this idiot and why is he one the loose?”

• solano

Jul 30, 2011 at 7:42 PM

A bit of topical debate from JB – excellent stuff, though Ed may be encouraging us to break his own blog rules as we move off the football issues! But give me JB any day – far better than listening to the monotone, tedious, inane blather of David Beckham (soon to be Sir!). Good grief!

• jonny1610

Jul 30, 2011 at 7:43 PM

Totally agree with darlo and gg joey is a legend give him a new contract worth it just for the twitter!

• MacToon

Jul 30, 2011 at 7:43 PM

Well we can discuss if Joey’s right or wrong voicing his opinions but can’t discuss the content of his tweets lol…… ah well beer time 😉

• NUFCFAN76

Jul 30, 2011 at 7:43 PM

*on

• geoff777

Jul 30, 2011 at 7:44 PM

Go for it Joey, you tell them.

Warmongering Yankees.

• Spike

Jul 30, 2011 at 7:45 PM

Joey seems to draw attention to himself. Can’t get a US visa – plays great in the reserves and wins rave reviews. Seen as a leader of that group, can he get a new contract? Then he does this.

Don’t worry. I have a solution.

Remove his thumbs. Everyone uses thumbs on a phone keypad. That’ll stop him. Put them in a picked egg jar until his career is over and then sew them back on again.

• boater

Jul 30, 2011 at 7:45 PM

Darlo Geordie – DO NOT get me started on 9/11 conspiracy theories. You think I can waffle on about Ashley? you aint seen nuttin…

Good point though.. why do a blog if you don’t want to discuss politics.

I happen to think it’s refreshing to hear a footballer with a brain looking beyond his own entitled, priviledged existence and expressing a view.

I also happen to agree that US and Britain have been engaged in some pretty dark and duplicitous dealings in the name of personal wealth and prosperity over others – sound familiar cough… ashley… cough..

• Smooth moves Shola

Jul 30, 2011 at 7:46 PM

Exactly Robin_S. You should know about writing being a cathartic tool, you run a blog, Ed? Have you not seen Angryman? He’s the biggest tool, erm, I mean, the most obvious example of using the tool. 😉

• Andy

Jul 30, 2011 at 7:46 PM

Personally i would like an article on coloccinis views on goings on in North Korea. If you don’t hear back from me it is because North Korea has read this post and i am now a prisoner

• Spike

Jul 30, 2011 at 7:49 PM

Didn’t half of the North Korean team scarper in South Africa at the last world cup?

• NUFCFAN76

Jul 30, 2011 at 7:50 PM

@ 30, LOL.

I could care less about what he says, it’s that he’s saying anything. STFU. Look, if there 3 weeks to the start of the season, and I’m a pro footballer, then I’m not on twitface f’n off ’cause I’m off the sauce. I’ve got my head down training or in some model on an island somewhere; know what I mean?

• NUFCFAN76, must be a big model if you’ve got your head in her.

• Andy

Jul 30, 2011 at 7:55 PM

Tbf i think fair enough joey is allowed his opinion and say what you want but i think this article is silly because of the fact there are so many newcastle supporters worldwide with different political views. I don’t think the NUFC blog is the place for us to discuss whether joey’s outburst is right or wrong. I thought the blog was here to talk football not to discuss our players political views

• boater

Jul 30, 2011 at 7:55 PM

solano ..damned straight. A pint with Beckham or Barton? No contest, but mebbes a soda water for wor joey.

• boater, I’d take a pint with Beckham. I’d be alone with him at some point.

• Barras

Jul 30, 2011 at 7:59 PM

Great comments from Joey, and again it shows that this guy isn’t your stereotypical footballer, or what some people call him – a brainless thug. In fact he’s actually pretty smart.

• I was just thinking about Barton and Lenin and trying to remember Lenin’s first name…

… then it hit me.

• NUFCFAN76

Jul 30, 2011 at 8:00 PM

@ 33- Oh yeah, a Kardashian type; like thrown a hot dog down a hall way kinda thing.

• onepeterb

Jul 30, 2011 at 8:01 PM

what makes both countries great is that you can say this sort of comment freely.