Sammy Ameobi Impresses Against Gateshead

Sammy Ameobi again impressed last night in Newcastle’s 3-1 win at Gateshead.

John Carver and Alan Pardew at Gateshead last night

Sammy scored two goals, and every time he’s played for the Newcastle first team, he’s looked an impressive young player.

Certainly John Carver thinks the 19-year-old is an exciting talent, but it seems Sammy is now becoming more consistent and also adding goals to his game – which cannot be bad.

This is what John Carver said about the younger brother of Shola Ameobi.

“When you get that little sniff, sometimes players want more and more and more – and it looks like he wants it,”

“One thing we won’t allow to happen is for him to get carried away with it. He’s done well tonight; he’s still got things he’s got to work on as well as a lot of good things.”

“But it’s encouraging signs and it’s good for the Academy. The lads are working extremely hard down there, morning, noon and night to try and produce young players and we know our fans love local lads coming through the system and getting into the first-team.”

“And it was a good show tonight. We’re not going to get carried away with it but there was a lot of good things and the manager, myself and everybody else is pleased.”

One thing that will help Newcastle big time next season,  is if some of  our youngsters like Haris Vuckic, Shane Ferguson, James Tavernier and Sammy come though to help bolster the squad.

Manager Alan Pardew played a number of   youngsters last night in the 3-1 win across the River Tyne,  and they included Paul Dummett, Michael Richardson and Haris Vuckic, and senior players Steve Harper, Alan Smith, Ryan Taylor and Mike Williamson also played  against the Blue Square Premier club.

Carver was pleased with the display from the side, and the lads ran out easy winners in the end,  and the score could have been a lot more than just 3-1.

John continued:

“We knew that we could only play so many players at Elland Road on Sunday so we decided we’d play against Gateshead, who would be good opposition and a good test for us, and play the rest of our senior lads who didn’t take part in that game,”

“We thought that was very important and that’s why the manager, myself, Steve Stone and Andy Woodman the goalkeeping coach came out and did all the preparation as we would for a first-team game – and the lads produced.

“I think Ian Bogie’s putting together a really good side. I love the club anyway because I played here for a short spell and I think it’s great that we can come over here and get a good crowd, and the young lads can get the experience of playing against full-time players.”

“So it was a good test for us tonight. It was a good mix between youth and experience and I think that can only benefit the younger players in the long run.”

It was good to get the win last night from the youngsters, and now the final pre-season game is at St. James’ Park this coming  Saturday afternoon, and we have to hope the lads will put in a  good display against the Italian side.

And then it’s Arsenal the following weekend.

• niafron

Aug 3, 2011 at 12:23 AM

Good night gents.

• ToonDownSouth

Aug 3, 2011 at 12:23 AM

We are going to get absolutely sh!t on by Fiorentina.

• toonruz

Aug 3, 2011 at 12:25 AM

Spike
    lol no my second name is ruz , so i made up the name toonruz , and b4 u ask my dad is spanish lol and me mam is a geordie like my self lol so thats where the name comes from ha ha

• SL_toon

Aug 3, 2011 at 12:26 AM

looks like Enrique’s going. For some reason, i feel relieved that we’re over with that saga…

• Brutooon

Aug 3, 2011 at 12:27 AM

It is early to judge because :

1) its pre season where opponents play just 20% of their actually skills
    2) we play against “easy” team.

play him during the fiorentina game and if he perform then he will be a good player for us (AS LONG AS HE AVOID BEING LAZY LIKE HIS BROTHER SHOLA)

• mattnufc

Aug 3, 2011 at 12:27 AM

Will be sold soon then..

• SL_toon

Aug 3, 2011 at 12:30 AM

we’re not getting sold until cashley makes the 130M he is owed. The only way to make that is to stay in the prem and get TV rights etc… and the only way to do that is to buy good players… hold on…

• ToonDownSouth

Aug 3, 2011 at 12:30 AM

Check this out guys. Think we’ll need a bit of this for some points this year.

• SL_toon

Aug 3, 2011 at 12:31 AM

kidding! i think we’re as strong/slightly stronger than we were last season… need a LB though…

• Spike

Aug 3, 2011 at 12:31 AM

Nice one toonruz

Just wondered like

• Does Ed suffer from N’Zogbia, I mean Insomnia?

• Spike

Aug 3, 2011 at 12:33 AM

GG. It’s only tea time over there. Its the ones he post about 9.00 UK time I wonder about. He must get up about 3 in the morning

• toonruz

Aug 3, 2011 at 12:34 AM

ne bother spike

• ToonAndy

Aug 3, 2011 at 12:35 AM

We won’t get destroyed by Fiorentina… For the first time in pre season we will field our strongest team… I am very much looking forward to seeing the Tiote – Cabaye partnership…. I would really like to see one new player come in before the Fiorentina game … I really don’t care if it’s a striker or a right winger! Please just sign someone!!!!

• Spike, It’s the morning ones that get me to. Maybe because his missus is over in UK and the beds to big without her.

• Spike

Aug 3, 2011 at 12:36 AM

GG. I just thought that he’s so loyal to NUFC he keeps UK time

• Pards28

Aug 3, 2011 at 12:37 AM

I can’t wait until Saturday as I was told today by my business mentor that I will be in a executive box for the match.

• CynicalasEva

Aug 3, 2011 at 12:39 AM

so pleased SAmmi has saved us investing in a top CF . For a moment I though we would have to waste some money on some world class player to fill the void left by the England CF.

Thanks christ for pre season games agaisnt top opposition

• ToonDownSouth, just not cricket that.

Anyway, night lads.

• JackButler

Aug 3, 2011 at 12:41 AM

DazWilliams Darren Williams OBE
    Just had Jose Enrique on phone wanting to buy a shellsuit, perm kit and learn how to nick car stereos, I’m fearing the worst! #NUFC #LFC

Wonder what ‘Calm Down’ sounds like with a Spanish accent ???

• JackButler

Aug 3, 2011 at 12:42 AM

Night lads

• ochytoon

Aug 3, 2011 at 12:43 AM

JB
    Have a good un

• ochytoon

Aug 3, 2011 at 12:48 AM

Now that the football talk has died down a bit. Blonde or Brunette?

• Foxworth

Aug 3, 2011 at 12:58 AM

Time to change the banner lads.

Two more gone – who should step in?

Jonas & Shola for me

• nick_9

Aug 3, 2011 at 1:13 AM

Ochytoon – both, at the same time I might add. Nah in all honesty I’ve always gone for brunettes.

Tell you what lads fork buying an official club calendar for next year. Carroll Jan, Barton August and Nolan December. Shall I bin it now before Tiote is refused entry altogether?

• Spike

Aug 3, 2011 at 1:16 AM

Foxworth,

I think the banner should just be a big wide picture of Ashley as he’ll be the only one left soon.

Match days will be just him sitting in the centre circle counting his money

• MacToon

Aug 3, 2011 at 1:24 AM

“Bah! Humbug!”

• Trent Toon

Aug 3, 2011 at 2:17 AM

IF WE MAKE ANY CUP FINAL THIS YEAR! LETS PUT A FUND TOGETHER AS NUFCBLOG READERS AND FLY ED TO THE GAME AND TICKETS AND ALL!!!!!

• soundoid

Aug 3, 2011 at 2:40 AM

Barton will be snapped up by a top side….. what a bunch of mugs we are….

• Baro

Aug 3, 2011 at 2:55 AM

So use the Routledge and Jose Enrique and Kevin Nolan transfer money to get Oba martins and Vasilios Torosidis. He has a 6.3 million buy out clause. What a hell of a player he is i have to admit. Can play anywhere. LB, RB, and RW, LW. Mainly a wing back. I really admire this player.

Oba Martins has the electric speed we are desperate for. He would fit perfectly into our style. We are dying for a super fast striker.

Kevin Nolan 5 million
    Wayne Routledge 2 million
    Jose Enrique 5-10 million

Vasilios Torosidis 6.3 million
    Oba Martins 5 million

• Baro

Aug 3, 2011 at 2:58 AM

atm vs arsenal

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::Ba:::::::::::Best::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    Marveaux:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::Jonas
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::Tiote::::::::::::::Cabaye::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    Tavernier::::::::::::::::::Colo:::::::::::::Tayls:::::::::::::::::Simmo
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::Krul:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

• Dyer8

Aug 3, 2011 at 3:17 AM

vs Arsenal

Krul
    Simpson..Saylor..Collo..Raylor
    Tiote
    Marvo..Gosling..Cabaye..Jonas
    Ba

• Dyer8

Aug 3, 2011 at 3:27 AM

In
    Nolan Roux, CF, 6m
    David Hoilett, WG, 7m
    Emiliano Insua, DL, (Enrique = Insua + 5m)
    Curtis Davies, CB, 3m

• ginkoh

Aug 3, 2011 at 5:05 AM

Insua + some money is decent enough. Because Jonas nad Colo here, I don’t think he can adapt well.

• ginkoh

Aug 3, 2011 at 5:09 AM

sry, I think he can adpat well.

• matthewjai

Aug 3, 2011 at 5:32 AM

Does anyone know where is tamas kadar?? How come he haven’t feature in any preseason game?!

• PortsladeToon

Aug 3, 2011 at 5:34 AM

Has Enrique left the building yet? i hope the door didn’t hit him on the way out.

• veto

Aug 3, 2011 at 5:49 AM

carvers changed his tune now the fat controller is paying his wages ehh , when he was stateside you couldn’t go a week without getting his opinion on the state of affairs

• liddz

Aug 3, 2011 at 6:38 AM

1st

• nick_9

Aug 3, 2011 at 7:10 AM

Baro and Dyer8 I really wouldn’t have much confidence in that defence if I’m being honest. The only one who doesn’t worry me is Collo. Saylor is inconsistent, hoping a run of games will sort him out. Simmo worried me a lot last season, he has improved but I’m still not confident in the lad and wouldn’t hesitate to buy another) if we wasn’t scraping the barrell for another striker. Raylor is a right footed players and shouldn’t even be in our first eleven, that’s why I get angry about transfers. Not to late for Ashley to sure the defence up a bit.