Why I Love Newcastle United

It’s not a good time for Newcastle fans right now, but thanks to reader Paulo Martins and his Portuguese friends, here’s a video of Newcastle United and some of the resasons why we all still love the club.

Paulo said he made the video because he wanted to inspire Newcastle United fans around the world – and it looks to me like he achieved his goal.

We’ll come again – believe me!

Howay The Lads!!

• grumpy_old_sod

Aug 3, 2011 at 10:35 AM

Can’t get on that link.

• Lee Dodd

Aug 3, 2011 at 10:44 AM

The Thing is Here Its about The Love of Newcastle United . The Club The Tradition The Fans The History . It is NOT ABOUT SPORTS DIRECT AND HOW ASHLEY CAN SCREW US OVER. The Bastard Can Mess With Our Minds But he will Never Be Loved … Someone has to get Hold of Barry Moat and get some Money Together and Get Ashley Out and Do it NOW !!!! Even the Gut From China that has Bought North East water he would be better that Ashley !!!

• grumpy_old_sod, me neither. 🙁

• ochytoon

Aug 3, 2011 at 10:50 AM

Superb video, actually made me smile

• Edd Case

Aug 3, 2011 at 10:50 AM

I’m not feeling much love for our club at the minute.

Just wish we’d have something to really cheer.

• roshan MAGPIE

Aug 3, 2011 at 10:50 AM

using my mobile cant watch the video

• grumpy_old_sod

Aug 3, 2011 at 10:50 AM

GG

I’m using an iPad, could just be that.

• ochytoon

Aug 3, 2011 at 10:51 AM

Lets face it, Ashley won’t be here forever and as soon as he goes, imagine the joy you will get seeing those sports direct signs coming down.

• Itoons

Aug 3, 2011 at 10:51 AM

Gr8 video, gr8 memories even brought a tear to my eye. Ashley needs to see this to understand our passion, heritage and what it means to be a Newcastle supporter, player and even owner. If he still doesn’t get it then he needs to sell the club to some one who does!

• ochytoon

Aug 3, 2011 at 10:53 AM

Itoons
    The sir bob bit got to me the most god bless his soul

• JohnnyBrookes

Aug 3, 2011 at 10:54 AM

Tbf it just makes me sad at the state we are in now!!

• By me it’s because I’m in Germany and they block just about any recent music. up till two weeks ago I could listen, watch, DL Amy Winehouse. Not now.

• MacToon

Aug 3, 2011 at 10:55 AM

Itoons, Ashley isn’t interested in such things because it’s not making him £££’s
    and
    “If he still doesn’t get it then he needs to sell the club to some one who does!”

Wish it were that easy.

• thai-mag

Aug 3, 2011 at 10:56 AM

I think barton might refuse to move to another club forcing toon to either sack him, then they would have to pay off the rest of his contract, or see him run down the last year of his contract on 60 grand a week, makes sense for him to stick it out, know what I would do

• MacToon, It’s strange but you would think that there would be ONE billionaire NUFC fan in the world.

• thai-mag, if he stays he’ll have to stop twitting. Ashley will just fine him 2 weeks wages every time he twits something derogative about how the club is being run.

• grumpy_old_sod

Aug 3, 2011 at 11:00 AM

GG

Amy who

• Magpie_Ranger86

Aug 3, 2011 at 11:01 AM

Lee, this is the bloke we need to try and persuade to buy our club, stacks of cash and when he studied for his degree at Northumbria Uni, fell in love with football through going to every toon game!Has followed NUFC ever since!!

Come Alexei buy out the FCB before he spends the the net £47m he has made on pies!!! (Carroll £35m, Routledge £2m, Enrique £10m!!!!)

• MacToon

Aug 3, 2011 at 11:02 AM

GG @ 15, I agree and there are a few. Another option would be maybe an explayer/manager/rich fan getting a consortium together. I do think the recession hasn’t helped but it’s still possible.

• grumpy_old_sod

Aug 3, 2011 at 11:03 AM

Barton won’t hang around, because he is England’s BEST midfielder.

• MacToon

Aug 3, 2011 at 11:03 AM

and Magpie_Ranger86 has supplied the name of one billionaire fan right on cue.

• geoff777

Aug 3, 2011 at 11:03 AM

The video plays okay in Spain …?

First 4 minutes good, the last 5 from the Goal! movie …

Shearer scored some belters …

Say what you want about past chairmen and expensive signings, they always wanted the best team possible for us not like this robbing lot.

• thai-mag

Aug 3, 2011 at 11:04 AM

geordie german do you really think what ever club he goes to they will allow him to carry on with twitter

• MacToon, there were rumours last year that he was in for us. What happened?

• thai-mag, I think Joey should concentrate on a career as an after dinner speaker.

• ochytoon

Aug 3, 2011 at 11:08 AM

GG
    Mike Ashley happened. I heard he still wants about £200 mil for the club

• MacToon

Aug 3, 2011 at 11:09 AM

GG, no idea but he was mentioned last night 😉
    anyone have his e-mail? 😆

• joppadoni

Aug 3, 2011 at 11:10 AM

nice montage. really enjoyed goal. posibly as i totaly adore anna friel as well like lol

• MacToon

Aug 3, 2011 at 11:10 AM

Oh ofc ochytoon, Ashley happened and probably asking too much for the club would be a good guess.

• ochytoon, Sh!t, I’ve only got £199,999,999.99

• Eastander

Aug 3, 2011 at 11:13 AM

@30, no worries, i’ll lend you a penny!

• ochytoon

Aug 3, 2011 at 11:13 AM

GG
    hahahahaha, I would lend you the 1p but quite frankly I can’t be arsed

• ochytoon

Aug 3, 2011 at 11:15 AM

MacToon
    Its probably not that hard to get into contact with him or at the very least make him aware of our intentions. I’m sure if you emailed/called the right people in his company you could establish communications if he truly had an interest

• Brutooon

Aug 3, 2011 at 11:15 AM

Love Newcastle United Forever and Ever !!!!

Not even a stupid FAT owner can stop me

• MacToon

Aug 3, 2011 at 11:15 AM

£100 mil or £200 mil do you not think the loan to Ashley would be on top of that too, that’s over £200 mil as far as I’m aware.

• BigKirky

Aug 3, 2011 at 11:16 AM

Great Video to lift the spirits. Beautiful shot of Sir Bobby under the Newcastle United badge at the stadium. Moving.

Someone send that video to Ashley please.

• Ibizatoon

Aug 3, 2011 at 11:16 AM

@30 i’ll throw in the extra £0.01

• Ibizatoon, Just bought an Ice Cream sorry.

• ochytoon

Aug 3, 2011 at 11:22 AM

GG
    What ice cream costs £199 mil?

• FatmanJoe

Aug 3, 2011 at 11:29 AM

It was giving me goosebumps and bringing a tear to my eye, then Goal comes on the screeen! WTF!

Good times will come again, we’ve just got to believe…