Top Teenager Vuckic Always Wanted To Come To Newcastle

Top young player Haris Vuckic has looked very good in pre-season for the Newcastle first team.

Haris Vuckic – so impressive at just 18

And it now looks like the Slovenian U21 International is ready and able to fight for a first team place at Newcastle in the coming season, and that would be a big lift for Newcastle, who are still short of players.

And ever since Haris has been at Newcastle, he’s attracted attention from big clubs, Manchester United and Chelsea,  with the Red Devils making an approach for him last summer.

But since the youngster has been on Tyneside he’s had a number of injuries, but he is now fully fit and he had this to say about the upcoming season:

“This is a very important season for me.” “I need to be playing first-team football to progress.”   “I want to train hard, make the gaffer happy and, if he gives me the chance, I know I will not let him down.”

“I feel I am ready, but the only way you can prove that is by playing games, which I have not done for Newcastle just yet.”

“From that perspective it has been a very good pre-season for me.” “ I scored two goals, played in three games and the team has played well – which was the main thing for me all along.”

“I came from an injury, which was good motivation for me and I seem to have been able to make an impact and catch the eye of the manager, which is very, very important.”

“I am two-and-a-half years here now – even when I might have been sold according to the press I never felt like I wanted to push myself out.”

“When I was injured, everyone helped me. Sometimes when that happens and you have a long injury that rules you out of games, you feel as if you have been pushed away by the club and they no longer care.”

“That can mess with your head, but now I am fit I feel I want to start proving myself and I want to start showing exactly what I can do.”

Newcastle’s commitment to bringing in top young players is just one reason that influenced Vuckic’s decision to sign for the Magpies back in early 2008.

And hopefully we can keep him on Tyneside, even if he blossoms next season, although we will not hold our breath on that one, because if a big offer comes in for him, we think Mike Ashley would sell.

Haris, who now stands 6’3″ tall, continued:

“Dennis Wise and Richard Money were responsible for bringing me in.” “I always wanted to come to Newcastle because I knew they were going to give young players a chance.”

“That was what was said to me when I signed for the club.” “I had other options, but they said to me they wanted to start bringing in the best young players.”

“They have been true to that word so far.” “ I saw something from the gaffer in the newspaper the other day saying young players will get their chance next season.”

“So you train and then you want to take your chance.”

“The best thing in the world is walking through that tunnel in front of 50,000 people. “I don’t feel any pressure. I know I am a good player.”

One of the big positives about bringing in the youngsters to Newcastle when they are young, Haris was 16 when he arrived on Tyneside, is that they become closely attached to the  club.

And you can see that has happened with Vuckic, as it has with some of our other youngsters at the club.

We hope the 18 year-old comes through big time next season, and that Newcastle keep him in an attempt to build a top team again, because that’s the very least the Newcastle fans deserve.

Comments wleocme.

• I bet if I hadn’t read the article, I’d have been first.

• UpTheRoad

Aug 11, 2011 at 12:56 AM

..and I for one hope he stays. Love the banner!

• Oops.

• Andy

Aug 11, 2011 at 12:57 AM

quite interesting you never hear of vuckic out on town getting drunk and living the footballer lifetyle like ranger and inman and a few of the other lads. Seems very proffesional and switched on. Could just be i’ve never seen him though and he may be out every night haha

• v FrA NuFc 8

Aug 11, 2011 at 1:01 AM

Considering gettin him on my away shirt or 2rd strip don’t know lol quality player tho very professional only a yr younger than me aswell and living the dream (Y)

• Thump

Aug 11, 2011 at 1:01 AM

Dennis Wise bought him? ASHLEY OUT!

• Andy, don’t know, Maybe it’s just that he comes from a country where the parents are still respected and authority is still feared.

• nufc_nath

Aug 11, 2011 at 1:02 AM

I think I’m the only one who can’t see this new banner haha, I can only see the old. This kid is gonna be some hot shit in the future though!

• Andy

Aug 11, 2011 at 1:03 AM

thump do you write for .org? i’m sure i read a few articles by you

GG possibly i could be wrong but it is very refreshing to see a young guy like this who just seems like he loves to play football. In all the pics of training he is always grinning and smiling. Realises how lucky he is

• Thump, Defo.

• So night lads.

• v FrA NuFc 8

Aug 11, 2011 at 1:08 AM

Lets all laugh @nufc_nath 😛

• Thump

Aug 11, 2011 at 1:08 AM

@Andy: Answered on the last article mate.

@GG: Night mate.

• ochytoon

Aug 11, 2011 at 1:09 AM

Andy
    At his old club he was on a couple hundered quid a week, he’s on into the thousands now. I think he appreciates that we’ve stood by him during his injury and that he’s finally getting a chance. Seems very down to earth.

• nufc_nath

Aug 11, 2011 at 1:13 AM

@v FrA NuFc 8

Thanks for that -.-
    I can see it now anyway looks decent

And I think anyone who can show gratitude for anything like earning a big wage this kids now getting deserves a place in the squad lets hope he can deliver 🙂

• v FrA NuFc 8

Aug 11, 2011 at 1:15 AM

@nufc_nath
    Hahahah jk 😛 Aye hes a good lad n good player can see him being at the toon for years 🙂

• niffnoff

Aug 11, 2011 at 1:19 AM

@v FrA NuFc 8

it’s all good matey 😉
    Don’t jynx it though xD

• Callum

Aug 11, 2011 at 1:23 AM

In the banner it looks like Obertan has been playing for the toon for ages, whats he wearing the kit for anyway? He hasn’t played a game for us yet haha:’) but i think and hope he will be a great success at Newcastle, as to all of the new signings and youngsters!

• Hugo_Viana

Aug 11, 2011 at 1:25 AM

Do you know who would be a really good buy?

Haris vuckic’s older brother alen vuckic who plays in Slovenia. At 20-21 years old he is regarded as one of the best young LB’s in the country.

Might be worth a look??? What you reckon?

• NOVA2967

Aug 11, 2011 at 2:05 AM

Remember when Wigan where bringing in players like Palaciousashj and Valencia, N’zogbia for cheap. A nice set up on little money. All while we where still buying expensive crap.

Imagine if Wigan could of keeped those players. They’d be pushing top 8 well maybe top 10. Portsmouth had a run with Krancjar, Muntari, Dairra, johnson before they went broke. Imagine them together. Top 8 with that group.
    We were still buying the most expensive flops out there.

But now we have the best system. Running on little money buying great exciting players and have a chance to grow into a great team. The only difference is we are a huge club who once we find all these gems for cheap and our wage bill continues to go up. Like it did when we sold Carroll and I think will continue to. I think we will be able to keep all these players.

Ashley has a risky plan but a plan that could be the best thing going. Did anyone read the Udinese article about how they have made it to the champions league while making an income. We are a bigger team than them with more money, bigger gates and revenue.

I am thrilled with the plan on hand and think Ashley is on his way up. I just hope he doesnt leave after all the abuse he has got. Do we really want to be a fake club like Citey who had a good system before being taken over.

Hart, Onuaha, richards, ireland, swp, barton, sturridge

Fat shepard would still be spending money. We would of never cleared our decks like we did when we went down. I knew at the time it would be good for us. A fresh start and we came back strong and no reason to change are team. But Ashley had a plan already.

The lies are the only thing that they are doing us wrong but they are under presser and lambiase is a plank but he must know what he is doing finacially. Once we get going which we are staring to do. We are going to be bringing in great talents and personally bringing a player in and watching him grow is the best feeling. Much better than spending 20 million on one player.

Barton should go, enrique too. Jonas will be next but not until after this season with Colo.

This year is the big risk since we moved our whole backbone out. But we look strong. I think gosling will be the player of the year for us. Hope for the dutch left back and a striker. The youngers will do the rest

• Davies

Aug 11, 2011 at 9:33 AM

NOVA2967 – Wow. I like your optimism and agree with a lot of what you’ve written there. I’m waiting for somebody to suggest that you’re being paid by/having sex with Mike Ashley.

Good lad. Keep your chin up. Maybe some will start to follow suit.

• toon 4 life

Aug 11, 2011 at 11:54 AM

i do like the banner but why no tiote shudda shown the pic wen he bagged the equilizer at arsenal

• GeordieJordy

Aug 11, 2011 at 1:29 PM

I went to get his name on the back of my shirt at the official shop only to be told that they had ran out of C’s! Got Barton instead and i regret it…. does anyone know if you can get a name on the back of the strip removed and replaced with a different name?..