Alan Pardew – This Is A New Newcastle Team

Alan Pardew has given a pre=game interview to the official Newcastle web-site, and he certainly seems up for the game against Arsenal tomorrow night.

Great shot of Carver and Pardew watching the training

The game will kick off the season for the fans, who will get a first competitive look at some of our new players, and as Alan says, the new squad may not have the experience of last season, but the lads have more skill, and they are fitter too.

Yohan Cabaye, Demba Ba, Gabriel Obertan and Sylvain Marveaux are all set to feature tomorrow in a great opening fixture against Arsenal, and it should b quite a game.

The game is also being televised live around the world and if it’s anything like the fixture in February,  it will again be quite a game.

Alan Pardew seems confident ahead of the Arsenal kick-off:

“We have a much younger team this year and I think we will have more energy on the pitch in all areas,”  “We perhaps won’t have the depth of experience that we had, but that can be made up for with exuberance and no lack of ability.”

“We think we’ve signed well in the summer, and I think on Saturday our fans will see some new players on the pitch who are going to impress them. I look forward to seeing that group.”

“I had to rebuild a side at West Ham, I had to rebuild my side at Reading, and at Southampton, so I’m well-versed in making sure that mixture is right. It is not complete yet, but by August 31 it will be.”

“I’m looking forward to the first game. It is a huge test for us, of course,”  “We are looking forward to what will be a cracking game. Last year’s fixture was perhaps the best game in the Premier League and if it’s anything like that then we are in for a treat.”

“It will be nice to get the action on the pitch, and hopefully people will start talking about that, and that we’ve got a good, young side and good energy.”

“We have a group who are motivated to put on a performance against Arsenal. We know what to expect and we are looking forward to it.”

“There is always change at football clubs – that’s life. Some people don’t like change but it has never bothered me.”  “This is a new team, we get on with it, and the one thing I do know is that my staff and my players will be prepared.”

“Physically we are better than we were last year and hopefully we will get a strong result.”

The players have a chance to show the fans tomorrow night that they are good enough and have the requisite team spirit to see Newcastle have another good season in the top flight.

And a top 10 finish next May would see Newcastle on the right track and going in the right direction.

While a win is not out of the question tomorrow, anything but a defeat would be a good start for the side.

Howay The Lads!!

• eaststandgeordie1982

Aug 12, 2011 at 11:41 PM

ed you could of just put a pic of wallace and grommit instead

• FloridaToon

Aug 12, 2011 at 11:41 PM

Sorry but I see a draw tommorrow.

• niafron

Aug 12, 2011 at 11:41 PM

Honnestly, i fear a crushing defeat. But the team can imporve and she can be very good later. So, no matter what will happen, it will be very too early to make conclusions.

• Baro

Aug 12, 2011 at 11:41 PM

any body clear me up on what erik pieters is saying on newcastle?….

• UpTheRoad

Aug 12, 2011 at 11:44 PM

Baro the info reads (courtesy of google translate)

Newcastle United have officially reported at PSV to discuss a transfer of Erik Pieters. The international developments waiting time being. Peter extended his contract earlier this year in Eindhoven until the summer of 2014. But that contract is a limited transfer fee included.

toonarmy1892.blogspot.com

• niafron

Aug 12, 2011 at 11:44 PM

Can’t Ryan Taylor play LB? And who will side with Colo (if he’s still there) , Staylor or Williamson?

• Robby Bobson

Aug 12, 2011 at 11:44 PM

Whys eveyone getting alll stressed over colo?

Ill be sceptical until its on sky sports or more reliably marca the spainish paper.

Not bloomin twitter.

• kevymartins

Aug 12, 2011 at 11:46 PM

well the video title says newcastle united pieters officialy reported to psv to talk about transfer

• Bobtoon

Aug 12, 2011 at 11:46 PM

Lads as regards the left back situation for tomorrow, would anyone else think Steven Taylor could do a job there with Willo at centre back? I know it’s not his natural position but my mind takes me back to that great link up he had with Jonas for the 4th goal against Wolves at home, thoughts?

• ronaldeano

Aug 12, 2011 at 11:47 PM

Great shot of ‘punch’ n ‘judy’ watching the training…

• FloridaToon

Aug 12, 2011 at 11:47 PM

Pieters and a striker and it will have been a good window.

Yes, I know another CB and LB for cover wouldn’t hurt either, but all in all a good window……Either Bendtner or Odemwingie(wants 40K a week to re-sign with WBA)

• ToonDownSouth

Aug 12, 2011 at 11:47 PM

I love how people are talking like we’d have definitely beaten Arsenal if we had a decent left back.

DING DING DING

Wake up :/

• niafron

Aug 12, 2011 at 11:47 PM

@Bobtoon

He’s he Left or Right footed?

• mikenotiades

Aug 12, 2011 at 11:48 PM

Good point, well made, if I do say so myself..
    “I apologise if this point has already been made, I’ve just got back from work and having updated myself on all news fronts… Harper Taking the No. 1 Jersey… Unless Krul still gets the Role tomorrow, I believe this is the clearest indication that our club is divided…
    I’ll try & make this as concise as possible… Mike Ashley’s reign obviously has been about getting value for money, getting people to do a job, emphasis being on value, we won’t be held to ransom.
    The controversy here there lies….
    Putting Harper in Goal against Aresenal implies that we are willing to give loyal servants to the Brand the adulation they morally deserve… I believe this has been Pardew decision, I feel it is an effort(Possibley falsley) to imply NUFC do have a loyalty towards their players. But I don’t think it is the image given off by Mike Ashley and the rest of his decisions…
    To me, the club is still fractured… if Krul starts tomorrow I will be at least satisfied that everybody at NUFC are on the same wavelengh, because Ashley hasn’t done anything but show how ruthless he is when it comes to making money.”
    “That being said, Krul starting and Harper wearing the No. 1 jersey would be a nice touch.”

• Bobtoon

Aug 12, 2011 at 11:48 PM

Oh and it’s also got to be better than Perch or Raylor there!!

• Robby Bobson

Aug 12, 2011 at 11:49 PM

Bobtoon

Probably better than perch and taylor does love to get up the line, but with proper pace against him which arsenal have may be abit dodgy.

• FloridaToon

Aug 12, 2011 at 11:50 PM

Bobtoon:

I know Saylor can play RB. Put him there and Simpson at LB with Willo and Colo in the center and it might be ok for a game.

• Bobtoon

Aug 12, 2011 at 11:50 PM

@niafron

He is right footed but then so are perch and raylor and he surely would be a much better solution than them..

• FloridaToon

Aug 12, 2011 at 11:51 PM

@14

Isn’t Harper injured???

• Robby Bobson

Aug 12, 2011 at 11:51 PM

Miketodias…think your reading too much into it. Just simplier to leave it as it is imo and i can see krul starting tomorrow.

• kevymartins

Aug 12, 2011 at 11:53 PM

I would like to see forster start

• WWJBD

Aug 12, 2011 at 11:53 PM

Harps has hurt his knee so wont be playing so yes Krul will play tomorrow but doesnt mean he is number 1

Just like he started a few national games but doesnt make him their number 1 keeper

• Bobtoon

Aug 12, 2011 at 11:54 PM

I would trust Steven Taylor out of position at left back rather than Simpson, Perch and Raylor out of position there. We really do need this Pieters guy in asap. I’m hoping that our new look midfield can boss the game enough to take most pressure off the defends anyway, here’s hoping 🙂

• niafron

Aug 12, 2011 at 11:55 PM

@bobtoon

Well, it depend of his oponent. If he’s right footed too, this is a very bad solution.

Against left footed right winger, who all the time are moving to the center of the pitch you can put a natural CB right footed on the left.

But against a true right winger, this is a suicide if the guy doesn’t have the experience of the position.

• WWJBD

Aug 12, 2011 at 11:55 PM

I would like to see Forster start….start looking for another club hahaha I kid I kid

• mikenotiades

Aug 12, 2011 at 11:55 PM

Oh & while I’m in the mood to comment, Niafron, Thanks for your Geordie-esque perspective *See what I did there*… Toonfan that keeps implying that Ambani would listen to you, keep plugging mate 😉
    Ed, Hope you’re feeling well, big fan

• Baro

Aug 12, 2011 at 11:56 PM

u would like to see forster start????
    r u out of your mind????
    he is utter garbage..

on the other side we have dutch #1 international tim krul

• Robby Bobson

Aug 12, 2011 at 11:56 PM

Im just sick of seeing theo baring down one on one. If he plays then colo learn your lesson and play deeper!!!!

• niafron

Aug 12, 2011 at 11:57 PM

So, who will play on the right for Arsenal? Walcott?

• kevymartins

Aug 12, 2011 at 11:57 PM

Alan pardew sign me up an play me @ lb as i will bust any1 who gets close to there

• Baro

Aug 12, 2011 at 11:57 PM

niafron

walcott is injured i believe,

• kevymartins

Aug 12, 2011 at 11:59 PM

Forster is garbage??? are you mad???

• Baro

Aug 13, 2011 at 12:00 AM

kevymartins

Yes i did say that , Garbage as in GARBAGE!
    No where near #1 goalkeeper in our side, your out of your mind

• niafron

Aug 13, 2011 at 12:01 AM

@mikenotiades

You’re Greek? This name sound Greek. Like Miltiades…

• Bobtoon

Aug 13, 2011 at 12:01 AM

@niafron

I do see your point, there are a lot of decent right footed left backs out there, but Taylor is not a natural left back so could struggle, any other option would be right footed also though? Unless Ferguson but I don’t think he is a) ready b) fit enough.

I play left back for my Sunday league team and I’m right footed but then I don’t have to play against Theo Walcott either 🙂 haha

• kevymartins

Aug 13, 2011 at 12:02 AM

Yep tim krul and his 30 yrd goal kicks is are no.1

• Bobtoon

Aug 13, 2011 at 12:03 AM

@Baro

I thought that too mate but saw something on SSN about him and RVP expect to be fit sadly 🙁

• DENIro

rwb———–cm———-cm————-lwb
    ———————-cam———————
    —————–st———st——————

• Baro

Aug 13, 2011 at 12:05 AM

kevymartins

oh ya! Forster and his tall useless piece of sh**, can’t even catch a ball vs leeds game, can’t even bend and dive to grab a low shot, u remember his 20 yard goal kick that ran out of bounds? everything he did was in a useless div2/ spl league.

u know it this is a waste of time comparing forster to krul. tell anybody

• niafron

Aug 13, 2011 at 12:05 AM

@bobtoon

Sure, if there’s no others, “à la guerre comme à la guerre”.