Newcastle To Defend Themselves Against FA Charge – Here’s Why

Arsenal and Newcastle have until Thursday to respond to the FA charges of failing to control their players during Saturday’s 0-0 draw at St James’ Park.

Derek LLambias – will contest FA Charge

Arsenal have already appealed the red card given to Gervinho,and there will be a decision on that today, but also Alex Song is very likely to face a three match ban because of  what looked like a deliberate stamp on Joey Barton.

The particular event was missed by match referee Peter Walton.

And Newcastle confirmed yesterday that they would be contesting the charge from the FA, although no word from Arsenal yet, as to their plans.

Joey Barton received a yellow card in that altercation with Gervinho, but then tweeted after the game that he had “went down easily” from a Gervinho slap to the face.

Why can’t he just keep quiet?

Joey threw himself to the floor when Gervinho slapped him, and that ended in the Ivorian getting his marching orders.

We think Newcastle will defend the charge on the basis that Barton was the only Newcastle player who acted out of line, when he dragged Gervinho up by his collar after the Arsenal winger had taken his dive.

But Joey had been stamped on earlier in the game by Alex Song, which looked deliberate, and Newcastle will point out that Joey did nothing about that, other than to try to bring it to the other attention of the match officials.

How could four officials miss the stamp?

And Newcastle will also point out that they have already issued directives to their players on the use use of Twitter, and the use other social network sites, and are one of the first clubs in the country to do that.

We’re sure that the FA will also be looking into Joey’s tweets after the game, which did nothing to calm the situation.

And those tweets have now made it more difficult for Newcastle to defend themselves against the FA charges, because of Joey’s admissions.

We think the club has a decent chance of satisfactorily answering the FA  charges, but whether Newcastle will receive any punishment, we don’t know.

• Mystic Mikes' iron curtain

Aug 16, 2011 at 10:33 AM

Definite kiddy fiddler, is Dezza.

• Riska

Aug 16, 2011 at 10:33 AM

Anyone else notice that Llambias looks like a fat Sean Lock?

• barryvenison

Aug 16, 2011 at 10:33 AM

Looking at that picture just makes me want to punch something.

• Ollieh51

Aug 16, 2011 at 10:34 AM

Who would the punish and for what? Who was out of control?

BarToon was booked, end of.

Funny how they can review this after the game but not Ben Arfa’s leg breaking tackle?

• kkma

Aug 16, 2011 at 10:35 AM

Shame on Song !

• drongo

Aug 16, 2011 at 10:38 AM

Del boy looks like he just crapped his pant

• toonfan76

Aug 16, 2011 at 10:38 AM

Another case of the Cockney Mafia putting a Northern club to the sword, You would think our own Cockney chief might have a special handshake for somone in the F.A to make sure they go easy on us, not meaning a bribe but he’s probably a member of the freemasons or something.

• connor_nufc

Aug 16, 2011 at 10:39 AM

@riska

Lol yea it does

• geoff777

Aug 16, 2011 at 10:44 AM

@Mystic Mikes’ iron curtain

I don’t like the way the club is run but that is a wicked thing to say on a public website.

• NUFC_Richyg01

Aug 16, 2011 at 10:46 AM

Looks like Joey might be facing another fine then!

• NUFC_Richyg01

Aug 16, 2011 at 10:47 AM

@6

Think he is on with it!

• toonfan76

Aug 16, 2011 at 10:48 AM

This Derek Lamearse is lower than a snakes belly in my opinion, but kiddy fiddler is a bit strong, I personally would never call anyone that, no matter how much I dislike them, Unless it was a true comment of course, then I would probably follow it up with a Left hook.

• Neil

Aug 16, 2011 at 10:48 AM

Honestly though Derek looks as if somebody has a gun pointing straight at his head saying, “If you don’t smile for this photo I’m gonna shoot you”!!

• Geordiedoonsooth

Aug 16, 2011 at 10:49 AM

Get rid of Barton he’s a liability he is a good player but not that good. He’s more bother than he’s worth

• Neil

Aug 16, 2011 at 10:49 AM

toonfan76 post 12. Now there’s an interesting debate!!

What would you say to Pete Townshend should you ever bump into him LOL

• ichrisho

Aug 16, 2011 at 10:53 AM

@Neil – Lets not drag a legend into this… He is no Kid Fiddler. 🙂

• Burni

Aug 16, 2011 at 10:54 AM

Typical this like,

its as if the FA know they cant do barton so theyre like “we gotta do summit”

like people have said all the other players tried to calm the situation down so they surely have to be talking about barton.

I EFFING HATE THE FA!!!!

• Mystic Mikes' iron curtain

Aug 16, 2011 at 10:54 AM

Can’t be bothered with morality preachers – swings and roundabouts (Dezzas favourite lurking spot).

• toonfan76

Aug 16, 2011 at 10:57 AM

@Neil
    I’d probably give him the same treatment I would give to Gary Glitter, Put it this way, I’d probably get some jail time but I’d be a Hero in my area for doing in a Paedo.

• nufcmatt

Aug 16, 2011 at 10:58 AM

a fat sean lock hahaha class

• Neil

Aug 16, 2011 at 10:58 AM

ichrisho – My dad loves him and wont have a bad word said against him!!!

I always wind him up about PT – Officer I was looking at those sites but only for research on my book which………………………..has nothing to do with abused children! LOL :-O

• drongo

Aug 16, 2011 at 10:58 AM

To move things on from kiddie fiddlers, is there any news on Pieters? Was expecting something today …

• madman67

Aug 16, 2011 at 11:02 AM

100% correct m8, did u see his clenched fist at start of game ??? wtf was that all about ??? have been a big supporter of JB even up until sat, but once again he overstepped the mark. even as a free agent nobody apart from stoke was interested.
    mmic….if the board do follow this blog, then dont be surprised if a defamation writ is served against u. mind u i did lol at ur 18 comment.
    cant see us signing both a lb nd a striker, although id love to be wrong

• Neil

Aug 16, 2011 at 11:03 AM

drongo – Can I move us onto a subject I am hoping for some help with please?

I have a problem with catsh!t in my garden – I do not have a cat yet seem to clean up more of their sh!t that my own and my 2 year old boy. Can anyone suggest anything. I am not adverse to cruel suggestions just for the avoidance of doubt!!!! So far I have saved up the said cack and was thinking about putting it on my neighbours’ doorstep who refuses to even acknowledge that their cat is one of the main problems! Any help appreciated

• pie man

Aug 16, 2011 at 11:03 AM

Rumours going round about best going to Bristol city as part of swap deal for Nicky Maynard!!!

• toonfan76

Aug 16, 2011 at 11:04 AM

@Mystic Mikes’ iron curtain
    Not disagreeing with your comment, He looks like a stereotipical paedo, but in truth what does a Paedo really look like? Just like anyone else! Anyway enough of this from me, this is after all a blog for football, Expecting to get the book thrown at us but Arsenal will get a reduced charge by the F.A us Northerners will get the rough end of the stick as usual.

• toonfan76

Aug 16, 2011 at 11:07 AM

@Neil
    Plant Lavendar Plants around your garden, and the cats hate them, Fairly cheap to buy aswell, (around £2 for a plant). They grow really quickly too and spread themselves out, so I wouldn’t plant more than 2 in the same spot.

• ichrisho

Aug 16, 2011 at 11:08 AM

@Neil – Agreed it does sound a tad dodgy. I always hoped that it was just suspicious behaviour… I will remember the Who and keep it like that. 🙂 Do you really think he is going to go and get 2 strikers!!! That would be a nice week. Steve Bruce seems pretty cocky after the Anfield draw.. I officially and public-ally dislike him – robbing all the young Irish talent before we can – just glad we nipped them for Fergie…

• drongo

Aug 16, 2011 at 11:09 AM

@ Neil How about posting said cat cack to DL marked as a transfer bid for Strolla from the mackems.

Cats never sh*t in their own back yard, clever animals, probaby get yourself an air rifle.

• ichrisho

Aug 16, 2011 at 11:10 AM

@All – Know its sensational – BUT would you take Carroll back from Liverpool for £30m if it was on offer…. I dont know really… Imagine he didnt want to be there anymore and Daglish knew it… Come home son.

• NUFC_Richyg01

Aug 16, 2011 at 11:11 AM

@20

Fat Sean Lock and not funny lol

• Neil

Aug 16, 2011 at 11:12 AM

Thanks toonfan76 – I’ve got one of those high pitched sensor things but it drives me more nuts than them! I will get some lavender things then from the old B&Q this weekend.
    Everyone – just to clarify I do realise that this is a footy blog but hopefully by asking on here just shows how fed up I am with the problem 🙂

• drongo

Aug 16, 2011 at 11:12 AM

@ ichriso – not for £30, but I would for £10m at the end of the season. Liverpool have a bit of history for that… remember what they did with Robbie Keane? Tools.

Speaking of Keane I see hes shipped out to somewhere else he has supported all his life

• NUFC_Richyg01

Aug 16, 2011 at 11:13 AM

@25

Yeah, sums dont add up, £8.5m for Maynard, I think not!

I would prefer Doyle.

I would not want Best to leave, he looks better every game.

• Neil

Aug 16, 2011 at 11:13 AM

@drongo 29. The problem I would have is that DL may seriously consider the offer as it would reduce the wage bill 😉

I’ve got one but apparently my lass says that’s “cruel”!!

• ichrisho

Aug 16, 2011 at 11:14 AM

Man U put £14m offer in for TIOTE!!! First Attempt supposedly… AAARRRGGGHHHHHHHH

• ichrisho

Aug 16, 2011 at 11:15 AM

@drongo – thats not a bad idea alright – I dont know what it is – I look at him and he doesnt look happy… he doesnt look like he eants to score goals for the pool… it must break his heart knowing we are looking for a striker…

• carl nufc

Aug 16, 2011 at 11:18 AM

Ichrisho
    where did you hear that??
    14 million?? wtf?

• ichrisho

Aug 16, 2011 at 11:20 AM

@Neil – whats up with your cat? 🙂

• JAMSHA

Aug 16, 2011 at 11:20 AM

Arsenal’s Alex Song has been charged with violent conduct by the FA over an alleged stamp on Joey Barton.