Chances Of Newcastle Signing Maiga Are Receding

Souchaux coach Mecha Bazderevix has openly criticized and punished Modibo Maiga for expressing his great desire to become a Newcastle United player.

Modibo Maiga – chances of signing him are receding

Of course he also refused to play against Caen last weekend, and has now been left out of the squad for the Europa League match at Metalist Kharkiv, on Thursday evening.

Modibo has been annoyed that Souchaux will not even consider Newcastle’s offer for him, and he has made it clear to anybody who would listen, that he sees his future at Newcastle.

This is Souchaux coach Mecha Bazdarevic said today:

“I met him Maiga on Monday and I said I understood, I know that a player cannot be quiet when other clubs are after him.”

“He has the right to expect, but also duties in relation to the club. He has the duty to work for others and for the club. Souchaux has a history, a tradition, the club is above us all.”

“Modi knows he made a mistake, but I have decided to punish him by sending him to train with the reserve team.”

“He remained there until Friday, will not go with us in Ukraine, and then we will take stock. I hope that by Friday, it will be ready to rejoin the group.”

The 23-year-old was quoted by French newspaper L’Equipe earlier in the week as saying:

“I want it to be done with Newcastle.” “I met everybody, they want me and it is not any club. England is a dream.”

“I want to leave, it is necessary that the Souchaux president agrees to negotiate. I want to go.”

‘I don’t want to fall out with Souchaux.” “But the president has to discuss my transfer.”

The Souchaux President  Alexandre  Lacombe, however, has already told told BBC Sport that he will not sell Maiga to the Newcastle club.

And Lacombe also made it clear back in June, when several big clubs were interested in Maiga, that he would not sell his star player.

An this looks very like the case of Neil Taylor a few months ago, when he was also desperate to join Newcastle, but Swansea City  would simply not sell him, and finally they signed him up on  a new improved contract at the Welsh club.

It seems the chances of getting Maiga are receding and the same may happen with Maiga as happened with Neil Taylor, and we shall know soon enough.

• Lee Dodd

Aug 17, 2011 at 10:47 AM

We wont pay the Money for this Lad anyway !!!! Even if he was the Next Alan Shearer or Andy Cole His wallet is shut Tight !!! Now if he was another Midfielder YES we would pay £10 million but for a player we need no chance !!!

• ross armstrong

Aug 17, 2011 at 10:47 AM

jesus christ man , why is every player we go 4 a massive faf???? looks like we arent ghna have a new striker and left back for saturday!! cheers ashley and co

• MacToon

Aug 17, 2011 at 10:48 AM

chances-of-newcastle-signing-are-receding

• drongo

Aug 17, 2011 at 10:49 AM

Neil – how did you get on with the cats mate?

Probably a more productive conversation than which players we arent going to sign

• alright on the black and white

Aug 17, 2011 at 10:57 AM

We should just pay the 8m Brom are rumoured to be asking for Odemwin-win-win-gie. Old but full of goals.

• geoff777

Aug 17, 2011 at 10:58 AM

If you could sell hot air the club would have broken even three yeas ago …

• ichrisho

Aug 17, 2011 at 11:01 AM

What happened to Martins? Is he still @ Birmingham?

• Klatoon

Aug 17, 2011 at 11:01 AM

We’ll sign this lad late on deadline day but im really concernd we might not have a new LB in before the derby. Fingers crossed Pieters is announced later today

• drongo

Aug 17, 2011 at 11:01 AM

@ alright 5 – the problem with that idea is the word ‘pay’

• alright on the black and white

Aug 17, 2011 at 11:04 AM

geoff777

Or if certain players would simply realise that their careers would be better served by accepting a drop in wages at a different club and moving on (here’s staring intently at you Alan Smith).

• thud and blunder

Aug 17, 2011 at 11:06 AM

we wont sign anyone……simple!!

• Mac

Aug 17, 2011 at 11:11 AM

Peieters boards plane with PSV for there Europa league game in Austria.

• alright on the black and white

Aug 17, 2011 at 11:11 AM

Aguero’s debut should be an eye opener for any team scouring the market for a striker in the final days of the window. Ok, so he cost 38m and was already widely regarded as one of the finest forwards in the world, but that kind of impact, that kind of drive, that kind of single-minded desire to score and create goals is what I crave for my club. His performance must’ve left every fan in the country wondering ‘why can’t my team’s forwards do that?’. Here’s hoping Shola Ami-guero turns up against the scum.

• Neil

Aug 17, 2011 at 11:13 AM

Good morning folks.

@drongo I am not sure yet mate – I need to get some lavendar plants this weekend although I did chase one out my back garden last night with my cup of water!! True story.

Is everyone else like me at the moment – despressed when looking on newsnow for a signing to be announced only to read how we keep hitting obstacles – the main one being that we are required to actually pay the going rate for players!

• v FrA NuFc 8

Aug 17, 2011 at 11:15 AM

@ichrisho – I think he went back to his parent club Rubin Kazan.

• KillyMansGiro

Aug 17, 2011 at 11:16 AM

What happened to Martins? He became an absolutely sh-t player about 3 years ago, hope that helps!

• thai-mag

Aug 17, 2011 at 11:17 AM

does anyone on here know who does the deals for all these players and fails almost every time, when they seem so close to signing, perhaps its time to move him on

• BigKirky

Aug 17, 2011 at 11:17 AM

@lee_ryder: #nufc Erik Pieters boards plane with PSV for Europa League tie in Austria, more @EveningChron today

My heart sank when I read this.

• v FrA NuFc 8

Aug 17, 2011 at 11:17 AM

@Neil – Yeah mate that’s what is frustrating me I don’t understand why we can’t just pay the 6-7 mill or whatever was quoted for Pieters and get him in :/ I don’t know if this is the exact problem or not but it’s getting quite annoying we can’t get players in.

• PapaToon

Aug 17, 2011 at 11:17 AM

Ed you say its like Neil Taylor’s story, i say it could be like Ben Arfa’s story :). If a player wants to leave there is nothing the club can do. Look at Arsenal, even they cant hold onto their captain and potentially Nasri. Without those two players, they will look like a midtable side.

• Shot Bru

Aug 17, 2011 at 11:18 AM

According to today’s newspaper The Chosun Ilbo in Korea, NUFC and Bordeaux are interested in Park Chu Young but the fact that he has to do military service is putting us off buying him which is fair enough i guess. Bummer as he is a good player at a bargain price and would increase revenues from that neck of the woods. Apologies i can’t post the link for some reason.

• drongo

Aug 17, 2011 at 11:21 AM

@ Thai – that would be everyones favourite croupier Del Boy

• thai-mag

Aug 17, 2011 at 11:21 AM

thinking about it again his hands will be tied to whatever ashley tells him to go to, cant see us getting anybody

• BigKirky

Aug 17, 2011 at 11:21 AM

Just hope its cos hes professional minded and has to follow protocol until the deal is hopefully done… Then can easily revised a plane and fly into Newcastle to sign on, so we can focus our pleas again on a striker.

• drongo

Aug 17, 2011 at 11:23 AM

Maybe PSV are doing what we should have been doing and waiting till they find a replacement left back before agreeing to ship out theirs….?

Wonder if Derek is like this when he moves house? Just parks his kids on the town moor for a couple of months whilst he goes through the property pages offering half the asking price.

• Neil

Aug 17, 2011 at 11:24 AM

Bloomin heck BigKirky – that is the most optimistic thing I’ve heard in a while from a toon fan!! Post 24

• ginkoh

Aug 17, 2011 at 11:24 AM

The good management will make the hard look easy but our board do something simple to become legendary hard.

How hard to decide ? 6M for Dutch international ? Plus we lack of Left Backer after they got 6M from Jose and don’t want to spend any penny. The worst chairman and board in UK football history if not the world.

• BigKirky

Aug 17, 2011 at 11:30 AM

*Re-board not revised… Auto correct on mob :-/*

• MacToon

Aug 17, 2011 at 11:30 AM

Could it possibly be more lies coming from SJP, pretending to go for decent players and willing to pay decent £’s for the right player when really they have no intention…. as if!

• carl nufc

Aug 17, 2011 at 11:30 AM

I have always been for the FCB and i actually thought what he was doing made some sense, but im at the point now where enough is enough, we will not get the LB in before the scum and we will not get a CF in before the deadline..I also think we will get our arsed kicked off the scum and that will be it for me until he is gone.. i will cancel by direct debit and he can send as many threats as he likes to my house but he wont get another penny of me, rant over

• MacToon

Aug 17, 2011 at 11:31 AM

“We’re confident we’ll have some new players here by next weekend.”
    “I don’t want to talk about specific players, but I’m confident that by the time we play Sunderland I’ll have a left-back in place – and hopefully a striker.”
    Alan Pardew 14/8/11

• Neil

Aug 17, 2011 at 11:31 AM

I think even the pro-Ashleyites (Call them what you will) cannot defend the recent activity of NUFC. Starting the season without a recognised left back after having a very good one who wanted to leave with no backup plan, also repeatedly telling the fans we have several options available despite actioning none of them is undefendable. Defeat on Saturday is looming large not just because we don’t have a left back or main striker but because instead of focusing on one of the biggest games of our season we’re too pre-occupied trying to sort out our self-inflicted debacle in the transfer market.

• tiotal football

Aug 17, 2011 at 11:34 AM

@ Neil – I’m one of those people and right now I completely agree with you. If we don’t end up with this lad or a solid left back then Pardew and co will have a lot of explaining to do with the fans and I can just see this being one step too far for all NUFC fans.

@ drongo – 25 – that last comment had me cracking up!

• spitfire_

Aug 17, 2011 at 11:35 AM

I wanna see Ashley hanged on the Angel of the north… but in the other side of the statue must have 15 elephants for counterweight…

• NUFC_Richyg01

Aug 17, 2011 at 11:35 AM

Hes not the right player for us anyway so Im not to bothered about this.

Im very worried about the Left Back situation, as, as we know Perch could play if fit!

• BigKirky

Aug 17, 2011 at 11:39 AM

Neil, well im just trying to keep my spirits up 🙂 cos I dont like the prolonged transfer speculation any more than the next day and it is a possibility that it could be the scenario IF a deal is agreed. It is desperate now. Fir a striker and a left back. MA and DL bring it on themselves. They could ease the pressure on themselves by putting up the asking price (which is a fair price asked) cos dare I say, if we lose on the weekend and we haven’t brought those two players in, or at least a left back, they are gonna take so much abuse it’ll be untrue.

• NUFC_Richyg01

Aug 17, 2011 at 11:40 AM

West Ham back in for Barton

• carl nufc

Aug 17, 2011 at 11:40 AM

hows he not the right player?? he’s a LB and we dont have 1, so i think he is

• Neil

Aug 17, 2011 at 11:40 AM

When I think back to the 2 x games last season I was really looking forward to them as I felt sure we’d get 6 points however I am not feeling like that this year. I’m not dreading it but am just not getting the buzz I normally do. I think the fact that it’s the Wed before Sat derby day and we’re still talking about NEEDING players shows the current state of affairs at NUFC.

• Phil K

Aug 17, 2011 at 11:42 AM

They do it once, they’ll do it again.
    Not worth going after such a player.
    Besides – they’re expecting money for the player.
    Ashley doesn’t do things that way.