Charlton Report Newcastle To Premier League Over Elliot


News today that Charlton Athletic have reported Newcastle United to the Premier League.

Alan Pardew – reneged on agreement

Newcastle made an offer for Charlton goalkeeper Rob Elliot on Wednesday, which has now been  rejected by the London club.

The League One club turned down a Newcastle bid of £100K on Wednesday for Elliot, but they are upset because Newcastle manager Alan Pardew has broken an agreement when he made the approach public yesterday.

Charlton Chief executive Stephen Kavanagh told the Charlton club’s website today:

“In advance of our match against Scunthorpe, it is very disappointing that Alan Pardew has decided to make public an offer for Robbie Elliot despite assurances to the contrary that wouldn’t happen from his club officials.”

“Newcastle made a written offer of £100K for Robbie on Wednesday, and made it clear that it was their final and best offer.”  “The offer was rejected within minutes, and Newcastle then confirmed they no longer had an interest in the player.”

“We have contacted the Premier League today to register our concern at public statements being made by Newcastle after they withdrew their interest.”

We noticed that news of the potential deal surfaced on Wednesday evening,  from the Charlton fan web-sites,   so something seemed to have been leaked.

And yesterday Alan Pardew at his news conference said this:

 “We have confirmed that Fraser is going to Celtic on loan for the year, and that leaves us with an issue that we need another goalie, really, so we are looking at options to possibly bring one in.”

However, when later questioned further by radio reporters, he replied:

“Once a deal for Fraser was completed, we started looking for another goalie.

“We have enquired about Rob Elliot and we have put a bid in there.”

It seems that Alan’s first statement was okay, but then he mentioned Rob Elliot by name, but since Newcastle are no longer interested in the player, it seems just a bit picky by the Charlton club.

But there again we don’t know how delicate a situation it was for Charlton.

This  bid will hardly help Mike Ashley in the eyes of Newcastle fans, that the club were trying to bring in  another goalkeeper for just £100K, after they had sent the £2M rated Fraser Forster on loan to Celtic for the season.

The Newcastle club has had a tough week, having earlier been charged by the FA for failing to keep their players under control in the Arsenal game, and being completely unsuccessful in their bids for a left-back and striker.

But it’s nothing that a win against Sunderland tomorrow will not make us very quickly forget.

Comments welcome.



You can share this articleShare on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterEmail this to someonePin on PinterestDigg thisShare on LinkedInShare on RedditShare on Tumblr

87 comments so far

  • ToonDownSouth

    Aug 19, 2011 at 5:52 PM

    Comment #1

    Report us for what exactly?

    I really fail to understand this.

    0
  • GeordieTwo

    Aug 19, 2011 at 5:53 PM

    Comment #2

    This is how we treat other clubs and their players. This is Ashley’s attitude to other people. I’m sure Llambias has his sticky fingers in there as well. Can imagine Sir Bobby rolling over in his grave. Disgraceful. This is the attitude of a bully pure and simple.

    0
  • P.I.

    Aug 19, 2011 at 5:54 PM

    Comment #3

    Ashley took a huge dump at one of the posh toilets at The Valley and after complaints from Doris the cleaner, the matter has been escalated to the FA.

    0
  • P.I.

    Aug 19, 2011 at 5:55 PM

    Comment #4

    No matter how often she flushed she couldnt get rid of the beige turd.

    0
  • niafron

    Aug 19, 2011 at 5:56 PM

    Comment #5

    100k for a GK?

    Maybe shall we club together for the LB…

    0
  • gorskino10

    Aug 19, 2011 at 5:59 PM

    Comment #6

    Newcastle made a written offer of £100K for Robbie on Wednesday, and made it clear that it was their final and best offer.” “The offer was rejected within minutes, and Newcastle then confirmed they no longer had an interest in the player.”

    So we went through the right channels with the bid, then said it would be our ONLY bid, Then we told Charlton we have dropped interest. and then they REPORT US

    Doesn’t make any sense at all, Did we approach him illegally? NO they would of stated that.

    Rather pathetic act from a pathetic club (Charlton)
    I wonder if they forgot about tapping up Bradly Wright Phillips from Plymouth, contacting Agent NOT the club? #Double Standards

    0
  • Basogeordie

    Aug 19, 2011 at 6:02 PM

    Comment #7

    Geordie2 @ 2, can you explain how it’s disgraceful Im not following?

    Niafron just found 52pence done the side of me sofa, how deep ate yr pockets 😉

    0
  • Basogeordie

    Aug 19, 2011 at 6:03 PM

    Comment #8

    Are*

    0
  • Geordiedoonsooth

    Aug 19, 2011 at 6:05 PM

    Comment #9

    Typical of how we are being run small minded people in charge we’ll never be a top club again as long as Fat Tw*ts in charge. We are as big a club as Tottenham but at the moment we are miles behind them. Even Stoke, Wolves and worse S*nderland are ahead of us

    0
  • Mystic Mikes' iron curtain

    Aug 19, 2011 at 6:06 PM

    Comment #10

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/712107-arsenal-transfer-news-and-rumours-rundown-of-the-latest-transfer-talk/entry/117478-arsenal-transfer-news-should-gunners-gamble-on-mauro-zarate

    Anybody read this? He’d be perfect. He was left to watch from the stands, during Lazios’ Europa League match last night too…….. *sigh* a guy can dream.

    0
  • niafron

    Aug 19, 2011 at 6:06 PM

    Comment #11

    Got two and half an euro…Well, with your 52 pence, maybe can we buy…

    Hell! For that price, we can only bring in some Mackems!

    0
  • i Toon

    Aug 19, 2011 at 6:08 PM

    Comment #12

    Cashley is just a fat cheap bully but what Charlton reporting us on again o.O

    0
  • roshan MAGPIE

    Aug 19, 2011 at 6:09 PM

    Comment #13

    i think ashley wants a left back worth that 100k£ budget cheap asslee

    0
  • niafron

    Aug 19, 2011 at 6:10 PM

    Comment #14

    MMIC

    I want to have nothing to do with this club of Nazis! What the hell Cissé is doing there?

    I just can’t understand why Black players accept to play for them…

    0
  • davybtoon

    Aug 19, 2011 at 6:11 PM

    Comment #15

    how r wolves, stoke n sunderland ahead of us am getting a bit pissed off now with ppl saying weve done crap business n other teams like the scum hav done good business

    0
  • davybtoon

    Aug 19, 2011 at 6:13 PM

    Comment #16

    what hav we done wrong exactly

    0
  • niafron

    Aug 19, 2011 at 6:13 PM

    Comment #17

    The very nice Paolo Dicanio (former captain of Lazio):

    http://vlad42.unblog.fr/files/2009/12/dicanio1.jpg

    0
  • GeordieDan

    Aug 19, 2011 at 6:13 PM

    Comment #18

    100K???

    Well considering the agents fees, wages and Ashley’s pies that’s the whole of Enrique’s transfer money gone!

    How will we find our world class striker for peanuts now!?!

    Never mind though lads, our cockney trio of comedians have it all in hand.

    What a joke. AGAIN.

    0
  • scottoon

    Aug 19, 2011 at 6:14 PM

    Comment #19

    Maybe Lyon, Sochaux and PSV will report us as well so that we know how badly we lowballed them for Cissokho, Maiga, and Pieters.

    Then we would really understand the meaning of Pardew’s words when he says it is them, not us.

    “We offered 500K per player, which when you add the agent’s fees and the salaries, was really over the mark. But the other teams balked…they did not see it our way and so it was them that spoiled our plan”

    0
  • barryvenison

    Aug 19, 2011 at 6:14 PM

    Comment #20

    Ashley’s plan is finally revealed. Wait for Pardew to stick his foot in his mouth enough times until we get in trouble with the FA and are banned from buying players for the next transfer window…..Gets to keep his money and have his scapegoat, more brilliant business ethics from Ashley.

    0
  • niafron

    Aug 19, 2011 at 6:15 PM

    Comment #21

    @davybtoon

    Sheryl cole?

    0
  • niafron

    Aug 19, 2011 at 6:15 PM

    Comment #22

    The whole city should feel reasponsible for Sheryl Cole.

    0
  • daztoon

    Aug 19, 2011 at 6:18 PM

    Comment #23

    @davybtoon:
    No Striker No left back or cover for rb,lb or cb just a bunch a freebie`s a manure cast off only cabaye looks good buisness.Thought you said Barton would never play again for the toon

    0
  • scottoon

    Aug 19, 2011 at 6:22 PM

    Comment #24

    Very anxious about the state of the side, but happy to predict 2-1 tomorrow with Shola and Cabaye on the mark.

    0
  • liddz

    Aug 19, 2011 at 6:23 PM

    Comment #25

    Bring back Seymour and Mckeag….

    0
  • niafron

    Aug 19, 2011 at 6:24 PM

    Comment #26

    Did you remember the second “Indiana Jones”, when the people of an indian village offer Indy a plate of rice and ask him to save them?

    Maybe should you offer some local food to Ben arfa…

    What is Newcastle culinary speciality?

    0
  • GeordieTwo

    Aug 19, 2011 at 6:25 PM

    Comment #27

    @1 and 7 I think what Charlton are complaining about is that Elliot is still under contract to them. After saying we would not reveal in the press that we had an offer in, Pardew did just that. Elliot was not available on a free, he might even have gotten excited until he found out who and what the offer was. I think they were probably more insulted by the amount than anything. What would we have offered him as a wage to go along with the 100K for Charlton, some discounts at Sports Direct shops?

    0
  • davybtoon

    Aug 19, 2011 at 6:26 PM

    Comment #28

    daztoon – your typical fan marveux, ba were free so u think there crap obertan, cabaye, ba, marveux will all prove to b clever business

    as for barton didnt think he n ill b suprised if hes still here by end of the window

    0
  • scottoon

    Aug 19, 2011 at 6:27 PM

    Comment #29

    Indiana Jones did not have a wrecked ankle when he saved the town. He was close to having his heart ripped out though….I think the villian must have been Ashley come to think of it!

    0
  • arcarius

    Aug 19, 2011 at 6:29 PM

    Comment #30

    lol 100k, what a disgrace

    0
  • daztoon

    Aug 19, 2011 at 6:29 PM

    Comment #31

    another season with AMEOBI as main striker,no left back cover,well not even a left back now its like groundhog day

    0
  • arcarius

    Aug 19, 2011 at 6:30 PM

    Comment #32

    but i’m glad we didnt sign him! need to reinforce the right area!

    0
  • dave 1961

    Aug 19, 2011 at 6:33 PM

    Comment #33

    the complaint is we were never given permission to talk to the player so we tell the press to de stabilise him a patter now forming this is as close to tapping up as you can get. we never had a bid excepted, dirty tactics. we are becoming everyone hated club seen as bully’s.

    0
  • BOOM BOOM THE 1ST

    Aug 19, 2011 at 6:35 PM

    Comment #34

    lads the last time i enjoyed a season of football was in the championship looks like ill be enjoying my football again soon we need to get rid of this fat ba***rd.

    0
  • GeordieTwo

    Aug 19, 2011 at 6:39 PM

    Comment #36

    Yes that’s it all right niafron. Sad days at Newcastle. Stay tuned in. It could get worse. The pressure on Pardew will be enormous if we lose to the mackems and Fulham.

    0
  • Mystic Mikes' iron curtain

    Aug 19, 2011 at 6:41 PM

    Comment #37

    Niafron – like me, he’s probably oblivious to their history. I’m only 21 and have never taken a keen interest in Serie A. Never seen that apalling photo of Di Canio before, either…..

    Zarate would be a snip at 10m, that’s all I’d care about, alas it can never happen because we have a stingy owner. Just one signing like Zarate, would set every imagination racing again and everyone would yell that little louder, spurring the lads on. When fans feel disheartened, you’ll get half-hearted support.

    I think the board really underestimate the power of the fans support. Anyway I’m off, for now!

    0
  • GeordieToon89

    Aug 19, 2011 at 6:41 PM

    Comment #38

    All the players weve signed are better than all Sunderlands put together.. who they signed?
    2 – Man Utd OLD rejects..
    3 – Relegated players
    2 – Unproven and very young players for a potential £14million
    1 – GK never tested in prem
    1 – Half decent egyptian they had on loan
    and someone else a dont know who..

    Weve signed:
    1 – French League Winner
    1 – Class winger who Liverpool wanted
    1 – Class Prospect((Abeid))
    1 – Relegated but striker who did class 7 in 10 games
    1 – Winger who simply couldnt get ahead of Nani/Giggs/Valencia and others in a pretty damn good Man utd team.!
    THEN:
    Gosling – Like a new signing and is a class player
    Ben Arfa – Same as Gosling
    Situ/Remy – Two great prospects

    Ano which set of transfers i would rather have and its certainly not Sunderlands.. will people just stop moaning and slagging our players off just cos they FREE does not mean they crap, they are infact quite the opposite

    0
  • GeordieToon89

    Aug 19, 2011 at 6:42 PM

    Comment #39

    sorry for these caps but:

    SUPPORT THE TEAM AND STOP FU*KING MOANING.!!!

    0
  • arcarius

    Aug 19, 2011 at 6:42 PM

    Comment #40

    Zarate was pants while on loan for Birmingham, just rmb him scoring some free kicks 😆

    0

You must log in to post a comment.