Joey Barton’s West Ham Link Doesn’t Worry Pardew

There has been news in the papers recently from Kevin Nolan, that he’d love to see Joey Barton at West Ham.

Joey Barton – Pardew says it’s up to him

But Joey has said many times before that he wants to remain playing in the Premier League, and of course he can do that with Newcastle this coming season, but Alan Pardew was still asked yesterday if he had seen the reports citing Kevin Nolan’s comments.

Alan laughed, and said he was sure Kevin wanted Joey at West Ham, because Joey is a very good player, but the manager really dismissed the report as nothing much.

This is what Alan actually said:

“I am sure he would like to have him at West Ham!” “It does not bother me.”

“Kevin is a captain, he is a friend of Joey’s and I can see why he would want him to play for West Ham.”

“I do not see anything more than that. Probably Kev said it as a passing statement, I don’t know.”  “I have no problem with the statement, Kevin or West Ham.”

“Joey will do what Joey wants to do. His commitment to the game on Sunday was there for everyone to see.”

Pardew was asked if he thought Joey would leave Newcastle before September, and whether Joey was still on the transfer list.

And Alan said he had never known what a transfer list was, in all the years he’s been in football, but that it was really up to Joey whether he stayed at Newcastle or not.

But Alan did expand on that, and said that sometimes clubs circulate to other clubs that a player is available, but that was not done in the case of Joey Barton.

That was an interesting statement from Alan is yesterday’s press conference.

After watching Joey play in the Sunderland game, he seemed so upbeat and if he does leave Newcastle, he will certainly miss the passion of football on Tyneside, and the massive home crowds Newcastle always enjoy.

Yes it gets negative at Newcastle sometimes (most times?),  but when you get a game and result like last Saturday at Sunderland, it even makes all the negative stuff  worthwhile,

Once a manager gets some success at Newcastle you will see what it’s like on Tyneside to be successful, and the Toon will be absolutely buzzing.

The next manager to bring success to Newcastle will know just what it’s like when Newcastle win a trophy, and most current fans don’t know what it’s like – no clue.

That’s because it’s been 42 years since we won the last one, The Inter Cities Fairs Cup back  in 1969, and it’s 56 years since we won a trophy in England, the FA Cup final, when we annihilated Man City 3-1 at Wembley.

That manager will certainly go down in the history books of the Newcastle club, and we’re just waiting for him to come along – but maybe he’s already at the club?

We hope so, because time’s running out.

• hadthetshirt

Aug 24, 2011 at 10:31 AM

If he goes then so be it.Midfield is one area we are strong in.With Hatem to come back and Gosling, and Marveaux ready and waiting,not to mention Vuckic.
    We just need the number 9 and left back.

• ENNYOUEFFSEE

Aug 24, 2011 at 10:31 AM

Joeys performance on the pitch for me has been 1st rate.

I am personally not bothered about his past transgressions he has showed the fighting spirit we need in this squad and I feel he should get a lot of praise for that.

This club is NEWCASTLE and you want people here to play for the shirt.

• davo

Aug 24, 2011 at 10:32 AM

Wouldn’t surprise me at all. Anything is possible especially when you consider he’s on big wages and coming out of contract.I hope he stays and has a fantastic year and keeps his gob shut.I love the guy

• aussiemag

Aug 24, 2011 at 10:33 AM

I don’t mind if he goes at least then Raylor or Cabaye will take the dead ball responsabilities which is fine by me

• DarloGeordie

Aug 24, 2011 at 10:42 AM

“And Alan said he had never known what a transfer list was, in all the years he’s been in football”

Well there ya go thats what we have as our manager… anyone who has played champ man knows what a transfer list is…. seriously Alan pull it together

• davo

Aug 24, 2011 at 10:42 AM

I thought last season he was pretty good at the dead balls but he was rubbish against arsenal thats for sure

• quitesimple

Aug 24, 2011 at 10:43 AM

Anyone thinking he would adapt straight away needs there head shaking. Hes looked very good so far and I expect him to make a big impact.

Also, is anyone seething that we werent shown earlier on MoTD, especially with QPR v EVERTON!!!!! before us amd we were a local derby which turned out to be a good game!!!!

• DarloGeordie

Aug 24, 2011 at 10:43 AM

aussiemag

you deluded pal

• DarloGeordie

Aug 24, 2011 at 10:43 AM

*your*

• GarageFlower

Aug 24, 2011 at 10:47 AM

He’s been tweeting about materialism and if he backs up these convictions then any team he feels right about he should sign for,money won’t be an issue.If he goes we have good players who can replace him but I hope he stays his first touch is immaculate and he lifts the rest of the team.

• bambams

Aug 24, 2011 at 10:47 AM

I left the same comment yesterday in the local newspaper, this club will not sign anyone and they are just stalling. They complained when Enrique did this but they will bring out every excuse possible until the window closes, finally ending with “we have already targetted the players we want for january”
    I was fortunate to speak with Joey last week through my job, he was very level headed and admitted he did not want to leave this club, he also stated Enrique did not want to leave buy (he was serious) but the club showed absolutely no ambition and he wants to play for spain! I hope i am wrong about no signings…. We have had 6 months to get a striker for gods sake. Just excuse after excuse, day in…….

• geoff777

Aug 24, 2011 at 10:48 AM

@DarloGeordie

you’re even … 😉

• WWJBD

Aug 24, 2011 at 10:48 AM

I see the Pieters deal is now waiting until next week….magic that we have a bank full of money yet for some reason we wont use it. Striker must be waiting until January as well since our tapping up didnt work out

Barton wont drop down a league so no wonder Pardew doesnt get bothered by this

• DarloGeordie

Aug 24, 2011 at 10:50 AM

Haha cheers Geoff, English and maths were strong subjects at school as well oops, I have to blame it on the shandies

• DarloGeordie

Aug 24, 2011 at 10:54 AM

WWJBD

always the optimist ey?? Just wait till the end of the window and you might be happy with what we bring in these next few days, the FCB is a gambling man and he is taking a gamble yet again… pretty sick tonight like with the lack of transfer activity.

• hainesy

Aug 24, 2011 at 10:55 AM

I know this sounds stupid but would anyone buy a proper striker followed by Adam Le Fondre and Sam Baldock?
    Le Fondre has always been quality enough for a top championship team. I would love to see if he could manage the gap to the premier league. And Baldock has 5 in 5 so far this season. Wouldn’t mind him coming in. He’s a youngster and looks good when playing tough opposition in the cup.

Le Fondre could go for about 400k and Baldock about 500k. And they are both just as good as Wickham and Rodriguez in my eyes.

• WWJBD

Aug 24, 2011 at 10:59 AM

Darlo
    Haha my optomism died a while back mate and once again the noises NUFC are putting out into the press fill me with dread. I might be happy at the end of the window but I do not see it happening mate

If he wants to gamble he should stick to casinos imo business is calculated risks and our wonderful owner seems to of lost his calculator (the batterys probably ran out and he didnt fancy buying new ones) 🙂

• ichrisho

Aug 24, 2011 at 11:01 AM

Pardew needs to grow a pair… he let Enrique prance about the place and then leave and he has been on the hook with Joey… the chap can do what he likes… no other club would put up with this tit… quality player mind! 🙂

• NUFC_Richyg01

Aug 24, 2011 at 11:28 AM

LET HIM GO!

More trouble than he is worth and he is only in the starting XI to keep him quiet, we have better players sat on the bench because AP wont drop this tool.

I mean come on, he is playing out of position just to get him somewhere in the starting XI!

AP has JB down as the first player on his team sheet, not on performance or merit, but simply coz he knows he must play him – and I thought player power in our dressing room was a thing of the past!

Similar with dead balls, JB has to try and push his face in, but he is CRAP at them.

• Munster Mag

Aug 24, 2011 at 11:55 AM

I’m not sure how people can be so relaxed about losing a player who was one of the best midfielders in England last year. Joey has piles of passion . He , and Pardew, and MA, need to make sure it is well managed. A good start would be for MA to stump up some money, to reflect Pardews and Bartons ambitions. We all win then , except scrooge, but even he will win with a better team on the pitch.