80% Of Fans Want Joey Barton To Stay At Newcastle

It seems that Joey Barton is taking a day or two to make a decision on whether to move to QPR, after he passed his medical yesterday.

Joey Barton – taking time to decide whether to move to QPR

And after the game last night when Newcastle beat Scunthorpe 2-1 after extra time in the Carling Cup, the Newcastle manager Alan Pardew was asked about the status of Joey:

“He’s been down there to Loftus Road and is now going to take some time about the decision he makes.”

“If he comes back he knows me and him have great respect for each other and we’ll carry on.”

That’s a very straight forward statement from the Newcastle manager,  and no real apparent request to ask Joey to stay at Newcastle.

But it’s Joey’s decision,  and it’s up to him to agree terms with some other club, and he could go there for nothing, at least as far as the transfer fee paid to Newcastle is concerned.

What do Newcastle get out of it?

Not much, but his £65K/week wages will be off the wage bill, and that area of the club seems to be of paramount importance to the current Newcastle owner,

And it seems Mike Ashley is willing to reduce the wage bill even if it means losing some of  Newcastle’s best players, who will usually be some of the highest paid players too.

But if Joey decides to leave, then  the club will be losing an experienced and proven Premier League player, who’s reaching his prime.

And if we were to hazard a guess, we think Ashley and Llambias would not be unhappy and not lose much sleep, if  Joey decides to leave Newcastle,

But we wonder if Joey will be in contact with the club now, to ask what the chances  there are they could offer him a new deal sometime during this season, if he stayed on Tyneside.

If he asked that question to the Newcastle board the answer would probably be – not much.

We think Joey will make the decision to leave, but we hope he will stay.

And it seems most fans want him to stay, with 80% of fans in our poll wanting him to stay on Tyneside this season.

Do You Want Joey Barton To Stay At Newcastle This Season?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

Comments welcome.

• FloridaToon

Aug 26, 2011 at 1:21 AM

Offered a long contract but at only 40k a week…….no wonder he is thinking about it. If it matched his current wage or was more he would have already signed.

• niafron

Aug 26, 2011 at 1:27 AM

@JP

Raise! One post…

Was my answer to your comment:

@JP

Unfotunatly, Rome was not built in one day and neither will the new NUFC play.

First, you got to have HBA back. He’s the supposed to be the pillar of the team.

Then, he will have to work with Cabaye, Tiote, and the wingers.

During this time, the central defense most improve his link with the midfield.

And finally, the last touch, the use of the Side defensors in offensive play must be developped.

When you got all of that, you got a good play, and you can start to worry about wether the forwards bring something or not to it.

• niafron

Aug 26, 2011 at 1:28 AM

Where is WWJBD?

Really the time to ask him this:

What will Joey Barton do?

• Mystic Mikes' iron curtain

Aug 26, 2011 at 1:33 AM

Ed, why aren’t my comments appearing? I’ve tried replying to Niafron, on 5 occasions now.

• Mystic Mikes' iron curtain

Aug 26, 2011 at 1:36 AM

I’m now being pranked by Ed – great -.-

• niafron

Aug 26, 2011 at 1:36 AM

@MMic

Well, i can read this one. Sometimes, it happen if you put too much links in your comment.

• Mystic Mikes' iron curtain

Aug 26, 2011 at 1:37 AM

Nope, there are no links 🙁

• niafron

Aug 26, 2011 at 1:38 AM

WHat mean “pranked”?

• Mystic Mikes' iron curtain

Aug 26, 2011 at 1:40 AM

Prank means – to be mischievous, to make someone the butt of a joke.

I agree, Niafron, The first 2 games were quite exceptional circumstances, coupled with a staggered pre-season.

Tonight? We didn’t hoof it half as much, as some people are saying. Scunthorpe were plucky, they tried their hearts out to get the upset, Sky so badly wanted.

Tonight will only be good for morale.

HTL 😀

• niafron

Aug 26, 2011 at 1:41 AM

Just try again maybe?

• DarloGeordie

Aug 26, 2011 at 1:41 AM

“80% Of Fans Want Joey Barton To Stay At Newcastle”

And the other 20% are all fags!!

• Mystic Mikes' iron curtain

Aug 26, 2011 at 1:41 AM

Prank means – to be mischievous, to make somebody the butt of a joke.

• boater

Aug 26, 2011 at 1:42 AM

quick question- what is Sammi’s position… striker or winger,, or one of those neither one nor the other kind of walcott players ?

• niafron

Aug 26, 2011 at 1:44 AM

If darlogeordie can say this you must really have said something terrible MMIC…

• FloridaToon

Aug 26, 2011 at 1:44 AM

The Sun is reporting the deal with Pieters is done.

I hope this is true.

• FloridaToon

Aug 26, 2011 at 1:45 AM

@boater

I would say winger.

• Mystic Mikes' iron curtain

Aug 26, 2011 at 1:47 AM

Maybe Ed has a word limit now, although my comment isn’t very long? My brief comments are appearing fine!

I think I could be speaking too much sense, which deems my comment ineligible?

Boater, the latter, I would say.

• Toonarmy1993

Aug 26, 2011 at 1:47 AM

boater – he’s a left/right winger isnt he? like in the similar position of an anelka or walcott

• niafron

Aug 26, 2011 at 1:47 AM

@Floridatoon

I hold my breath…

• Mystic Mikes' iron curtain

Aug 26, 2011 at 1:47 AM

Sunday against Fulham, is our first ‘orthodox’ match of the season, in my opinion. I expect the display to be much better. Morale will be boosted.

HTL! 😀

• soundoid

Aug 26, 2011 at 1:47 AM

Joey will stay for the next game, and get sent off on 85 minutes.

Straight Red.

And miss the next 3 games.

Then move to QPR.

• niafron

Aug 26, 2011 at 1:48 AM

@MMic

Try to send your comment splited in severals parts.

• boater

Aug 26, 2011 at 1:49 AM

FT – reet.. I thought maybe a modern winger – wide in 3 kinda stylee.. whatever he is he should figure this weekend.. even if it’s off the bench for a while…

take note nile ranger how to seize an opportunity…

• Mystic Mikes' iron curtain

Aug 26, 2011 at 1:50 AM

• Mystic Mikes' iron curtain

Aug 26, 2011 at 1:50 AM

• Mystic Mikes' iron curtain

Aug 26, 2011 at 1:51 AM

We didn’t hoof it half as much tonight, as some people are saying. Scunthorpe were plucky, they tried their hearts out to get the upset, Sky so badly wanted.

• Toonarmy1993

Aug 26, 2011 at 1:51 AM

anyone know much about this ‘nolan roux’ guy? seems to be our new striking target.. i make it around the 6th or 7th?

watched this goal on youtube, screamer, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REsRtQec9ww

• FloridaToon

Aug 26, 2011 at 1:52 AM

With his(sameobi) pace and good crossing(at least tonight) he definately seems to fit the winger role. Add in his ability to cut back and find a crease to shoot and he seems ideal for a 4-3-3 formation. Not sure how he would do as an out and out striker.

• Mystic Mikes' iron curtain

Aug 26, 2011 at 1:53 AM

That’s the first paragraph, the rest it won’t let me register! No clue why, there isn’t even an expletive in there.

Alas, I give up.

Night, fellows.

TOON TOON!!

• FloridaToon

Aug 26, 2011 at 1:54 AM

Toonarmy

Don’t know anything about Roux. But if he is a speedy type forward who can run onto through balls with a decent strike I will be happy with him……especially if the SUN story is true.

• niafron

Aug 26, 2011 at 1:58 AM

Arf! What a blow to my ego! There’s still people here who haven’t noticed i’m the senior french football specialist on this blog!

A copy of wht i’ve said earlier today about Roux:

“Ok kids, Nolan Roux:

Good shot (including free kicks, he’s right footed), good in the air, ordinary pace, cool headed front of the goal, a pure striker.

Very promising in second division a bit disapointing this year for his first season in ligue 1. 6 goals only in 28 games.

23 years old, six feet height.

Price: 8 millions euros (£7 millions), the value of his liberatory clause (no bargain).”

• DarloGeordie

Aug 26, 2011 at 2:00 AM

“Joey Barton’s agent Willie McKay could receive more than £600,000 if his client signs the three-year deal that he has been offered at QPR”

I have a feeling Joey has definately played his final game for us 🙁

• niafron

Aug 26, 2011 at 2:03 AM

Bonne nuit messieurs.

• FloridaToon

Aug 26, 2011 at 2:03 AM

I thought he was offered a 5 year deal??

• FloridaToon

Aug 26, 2011 at 2:05 AM

If Joey was smart he would play out his contract, stay out of trouble and show his worth to the club. I think if he did this he would get offered another contract to stay…mayb a 2-3 year deal worth about 50k a week.

Still better than what he is being offered now.

• Toonarmy1993

Aug 26, 2011 at 2:05 AM

if nolan roux can hit the target and put the ball in the net then sign him up!
    our shooting tonight (other than the special sameobi) was appauling, need some shooting practise in training ready for sunday!
    lovenkrands and ba were very disappointing, at least best looked to put effort in e.g. never lost a header but i suppose they all need more of a chance, same with gosling who looked nervous to me and as if he was over doing things trying to impress, sure he will come good soon!

• FloridaToon

Aug 26, 2011 at 2:10 AM

Toon

I agree. I think if you don’t start seeing improvement by the 5th or 6th match then maybe start to worry a bit.

I am going to re-watch the game when I get home(watched on PC earlier) to get a better judgement.

• ToonAndy

Aug 26, 2011 at 2:17 AM

For all the people saying Marveaux was terrible… I recorded the match and I’m watching it again now… And yeah he made a few bad passes but overall I thought he looked very promising!

• LeoMacedonia-NUFC

Aug 26, 2011 at 4:01 AM

WELL DONE LADS <3 NUFC

P.S. Pardew starting to impress me badly, after half time they go out like a different team, 3 perfect subs & he was right about Scottish league, all teams out of Europe 🙂 😀 🙂 also perfect tactics against Scums
    WELL DONE!!! 😉

• redondo77

Aug 26, 2011 at 4:31 AM

can’t wait till 31st of august. I want to see what our final squad will be.