Sky Sports is reporting that Newcastle have gone back in for Sochaux striker Modibio Maiga.
Modibo Maiga – Sochaux have said Newcastle back in for striker
Newcastle were reported by Sochaux to FIFA only last week, for what they saw as an illegal approach for their Mali striker.
But the local Newcastle press have said that even though that happened, Newcastle were still interested in the 23 year-old 16 times capped Mali International.
It would seem that Mobido, who went on strike to try to make the Newcastle move happen, would be an excellent acquisition for the Tyneside club, if they can meet Sochaux’s asking fee, because once they do that, it could be a done deal.
Mobido ended his strike and made peace with Sochaux late last week, and even played for them on Sunday, in their 2-1 win at home to St. Etienne.
Newcastle will be hoping with the window closing tomorrow night, that they can strike a deal with Sochaux, and it would appear there are no hard feeling between the club over last week’s events.
It would be terrific if Newcastle can get Maiga to Tyneside.
Comments always welcome.