Newcastle To Issue Statement Today


It was probably a good move by Newcastle not to say anything yesterday, and allow things to settle down just a little bit.

Llambias and Ashley – job not done on Wednesday

Alan Pardew has again come out of this not looking good, but we have to remind everybody that it’s not Alan’s job to bring the players in, and it’s the Newcastle board – Ashley, LLambias and Lee Charnley,  the Secretary, who handle that and negotiate the fees and the wages.

It’s Alan’s job to identify the players, and most fans would agree the players the club went after and some they signed are top class.

I still don’t know how we managed to get young Davide Santon to Newcastle, but make no mistake, this lad could become a big Newcastle star of the future.

But the news yesterday was that Alan was not happy at all with the club’s failure to get him another striker, after they had gone after at least six strikers, and were unsuccessful.

In the summer they went after Kevin Gameiro, Gervinho, Mevlut Erdinc, Modibo Maiga, Papiss Demba Cisse and finally Bryan Ruiz, and missed out on the lot.

On the positive side of things, the club did very well to get Demba Ba to Newcastle, because lots of good clubs were after the free agent.

It will be interesting to read the Newcastle statement today, which the Journal is reporting will be issued, but the club should tell the truth, tell it like it is, and not shade the truth.

Telling the truth is a very powerful tool, although I’m not sure Mike Ashley and Derek LLambias necessarily agree with that.

Hopefully they will have also learned things from their antics on the last day of this transfer window, and use that knowledge in future dealings, but there’s been little evidence they have learned much over the last four years.

There’s nothing we can do about what happened on Wednesday now, and we think Demba Ba and Leon Best can shine for Newcastle over the next four months, and bang in those goals.

We hope so, in any case.

And there’s always Sammy Ameobi.

Comments welcome.



You can share this articleShare on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterEmail this to someonePin on PinterestDigg thisShare on LinkedInShare on RedditShare on Tumblr

85 comments so far

  • ilovetoon8788

    Sep 2, 2011 at 9:18 AM

    Comment #1

    We were linked heavily to about 8 forwards since June, but didn’t even get 1 in. lol..

    0
  • davybtoon

    Sep 2, 2011 at 9:20 AM

    Comment #2

    phoenixnights – from previous thread, well if there paying the debt off i wouldnt mind to b honest

    but your ryt get behind the 11 on the pitch i still cant believe why ppl cant see were building a young exciting team n that they didnt see nolan n barton as part of it

    0
  • davybtoon

    Sep 2, 2011 at 9:21 AM

    Comment #3

    as for the strikers if we didnt get our first, second, third choice is better not bring anyone than jus getting someone for the sake of it

    0
  • barryvenison

    Sep 2, 2011 at 9:25 AM

    Comment #4

    Great, we get to here more lie’s so people can cling onto false hope for a little longer.

    0
  • toontime

    Sep 2, 2011 at 9:25 AM

    Comment #5

    I don’t know how the board expect us to believe anything they say to be honest! Mike Ashley is like a bloody mute owner, Llambias only comes out and says something when he believes its good news – like Santon signing. Which leaves Pardew who, either doesn’t know what’s really going on and has to guess what to say, or is a complete and utter liar (I personally believe that it isn’t Pardew’s fault).

    So, I would be very surprised if any fan takes the statement issued today seriously.

    Let’s hope it says that the Man City owners fancy buying another Premier League club and Mike Ashley is willing to sell to them!

    The owner and the board are sh1te. The players will continue to do the best possible job for the club, so let’s get behind the most important ones, the lads on the pitch!!

    0
  • nightfa11

    Sep 2, 2011 at 9:26 AM

    Comment #6

    Joey said: “selling their assets and replacing with cheaper gambles. Santon?? 16 games since 2008, in a poor Italian league, hardly proven PL”

    he really is a dick! Joey that is

    0
  • PHOENIXNIGHTS

    Sep 2, 2011 at 9:26 AM

    Comment #7

    davybtoon – agree mate about the debt. However why do they have to tell so many lies. Just come out and say we are not going to spend, we are going to sell – all we get is lies lies lies. Pardew silence is deafening. The man is a highly paid lieing dick

    0
  • bill

    Sep 2, 2011 at 9:26 AM

    Comment #8

    Let us hope the statement says: “We have sold the club to …….”

    0
  • veto

    Sep 2, 2011 at 9:27 AM

    Comment #9

    dont forget, allegedly padrew owes money that mikes is paying for him , hence the lowest managerial wage in the pl and the fact padrew will just grin and bear it and be thankfull for a job he shouldn’t have been getting , expect nowt but guff from the lot of them

    0
  • leazes upper ( moved to the gallowgate )

    Sep 2, 2011 at 9:27 AM

    Comment #10

    Club statement.
    We could of bought a striker and a CB but mike would rather spend the money in greggs.so sit down and shut up.especially in the South East corner.if u don’t like it then go f..k your self

    Chief exec dodgy dekka

    0
  • veto

    Sep 2, 2011 at 9:27 AM

    Comment #11

    @nightfall , he’s an honest dick

    0
  • Markaccus

    Sep 2, 2011 at 9:28 AM

    Comment #12

    I think all the ones we looked at were similar, so any one of them would have done. Most seemed to have at least a one goal in three game ratio. I think the order in which we bid for them was simply to do with how much the scouts knew about them, with the least known being last. Made no difference as the money men we utterly incompetent in the end.

    0
  • bill

    Sep 2, 2011 at 9:29 AM

    Comment #13

    I too have doubts about Santon; I hope that he turns out to be a great player but I have my doubts when you look at his stats.

    0
  • geoff777

    Sep 2, 2011 at 9:29 AM

    Comment #14

    #8 that would be the best thing … but we’re not that lucky.

    No doubt it will be carefully worded, ambiguous promises of investment in the next few windows.

    0
  • nightfa11

    Sep 2, 2011 at 9:29 AM

    Comment #15

    Joeys like most of you here. all he, you do is point out at other ppls mistakes.. guess he and most of you need to fill up his, your egos. show me one perfect human being & ill give u a f***** medal. & accept you did a lot of crap in life as well.

    0
  • ToonMauritius

    Sep 2, 2011 at 9:30 AM

    Comment #16

    Statement : “I (pardew) & DarkArse tried our best until the last minute, we were in contact with two strikers but could not reach ageement. rest assure Nufc Fan, i have been promised by the board fund will be available during January transfer window.” Same old dialogue.

    0
  • toonman

    Sep 2, 2011 at 9:31 AM

    Comment #17

    Does anyone have a list of the players available on a free? Just encase we need an emergency forward

    Would be an interesting article if we could pick the best ones available and if they would be worth a punt

    0
  • NUFC Norway

    Sep 2, 2011 at 9:31 AM

    Comment #18

    If we really put in a 12m bid for ruiz im glad we didnt get him. 2 norwegian scouts were laughing when they saw fulham had put a bid like that for him. they said in the premier he wasnt worth more then about 3m because of his style of play and his temper against his own team mates. glad we didnt panic buy anyone. We will be good thinking we have sammy as a backup if one of the strikers get i knock.
    s

    0
  • davybtoon

    Sep 2, 2011 at 9:31 AM

    Comment #19

    phoenixnights – if they come n said we used 25mill to clear some of the debt am sure ppl could accept it, i dont blame pardew he can only tell us what there telling him.
    as for the way were buying players am sorri but i like it yes we needed a striker a no9 but stoke paid 24million for crouch, palacios n jerome n for 10million less we got cabaye, santon, marveux, obertan, ba, abeid, elliott now tell me thats not good business

    0
  • aussiemag

    Sep 2, 2011 at 9:32 AM

    Comment #20

    “Hopefully they will have also learned things from their antics on the last day of this transfer window, and use that knowledge in future dealings.”

    I think they ought to know by now Ed what they are doing, how long have they been involoved with the club for, please a transfer window is nothing new to these wankers.

    Do not defend them they have enough lawyers and money to defend themselves.

    0
  • Solaidback

    Sep 2, 2011 at 9:32 AM

    Comment #21

    Ed fella, wil it matter if they tell the truth or not, as most on here & other forums will still say its a pack of lie because they were found guilty of that in a court of law.. blah blah blah….

    As for why we didn’t get a striker, thats simple, we weren’t willing to pay what the selling club we wanting & who says that it wasn’t the right decision… after all, a player is only worth what someone is willing to pay & obviously the selling clubs knew we needed a striker & upped their asking prices but Ashley & co stuck to their guns & didn’t get dragged in to paying over the odds for someone who was unproven in the PL & could have yrned out to be a flop ie Keman (Chelski) who was the top European goal scorer but couldn’t score for nowt in the PL… or even closer to home, Marcelino.. what a waste of money, time & effort that guy was!!!

    0
  • shanghai fan

    Sep 2, 2011 at 9:32 AM

    Comment #22

    @ Davybtoon 3

    I totally agree – if we did buy someone who’s not a good fit, we’re stuck with them for 4-5 years. All for getting a good cf, but he’s got to be upto standard, and wanting to come play for us.

    If we went in with high wages for substandard’s, then we’ll have alot of dead weight on the team – xisco and smith for example.

    We’ll either have to pay some of their wages to let them go on loan, or they won’t be playing. Either way it’s a waste.

    I’m really sad we don’t have another striker, but we gotta buy sensibly.

    0
  • Keith in France

    Sep 2, 2011 at 9:34 AM

    Comment #23

    I agree with most of the above comments.
    I am certain AP did wanted at least a striker and will be p—-ed that the board couldn’t deliver. He only told the media/fans what he thought was the truth -why would he lie about it as some bloggers have said?
    He can only do so much -he does not sign the cheques
    But it will be interesting what the statement will say -at least it will be in black & white (no pun intended) which is far better than all the rumours and ‘insider’ comments.

    0
  • sirtoongospel

    Sep 2, 2011 at 9:34 AM

    Comment #24

    Barton keeps banging on about proven Premier League players. Only the top 4 can spend massive money doing that, the rest only buy premier league has beens. Other than Barton, who in that QPR team would get anywhere near our team? Not one of them. When we slap them Joey can see who is the best. I hope Cabaye takes him out at the knee and Cheick stands on his throat.

    0
  • Markaccus

    Sep 2, 2011 at 9:34 AM

    Comment #25

    Nightfall, you need another * for your F word. Either that or an apostrophe for the missing G. Guess perfection IS hard to achieve!

    0
  • Solaidback

    Sep 2, 2011 at 9:34 AM

    Comment #26

    Sorry, that was supposed to read Kezman, Kaman.. lol 🙂

    0
  • davybtoon

    Sep 2, 2011 at 9:34 AM

    Comment #27

    bill – so if your judgeing players by stats u must think barton is crap then bcoz in 4 seasons he played 68games n 8goal n 14 assists n u must ba is brilliant bcoz he has goal to game ratio of 1 in 2 which pees all over carrolls stats

    0
  • shanghai fan

    Sep 2, 2011 at 9:36 AM

    Comment #28

    @nightfall – joey’s just got sour grapes. he was tweeted remarks when cabaye arrived…another unproven PL player who’s been very involved in our 7 pts so far.

    0
  • davybtoon

    Sep 2, 2011 at 9:37 AM

    Comment #29

    barton keeps banging on about great players yet he joined a team who has bothroyd, puncheon, campbell, young, ferdinand, traore he must b thrilled lol he needs to shut up n concentrate on his relagation battle

    0
  • TOONALE

    Sep 2, 2011 at 9:37 AM

    Comment #30

    Statement.
    Pardew to have a Sore Chest in January.

    0
  • aussiemag

    Sep 2, 2011 at 9:37 AM

    Comment #31

    Hopefully they will have also learned things from their antics on the last day of this transfer window, and use that knowledge in future dealings.

    Ed please man come on, your kidding right.
    These wankers have had enough time at the club to know what they are going to do in transfer window time, especially such a large and broad window as the one just passed!

    My feeling is that we will get a free like Kuki and we all know what an awesome player he was for the club.

    Maybe Derek Lameass and Mike Assley will have grown out of their transfer training bras by next window, but i highly doubt that very much.

    Is Mike Assley a TIGHTARSE
    YES
    Is it Bullshit
    NO!

    0
  • elpaso_geordie

    Sep 2, 2011 at 9:38 AM

    Comment #32

    ED – how do you know alot of good clubs were in for BA ????

    His knees would put off a hell of a lot of teams i think and if i recall BA actually said to his agent what was the best deal available to him and his agent said Newcastle .

    Prob the best of a very bad bunch id have a guess at

    0
  • Toon_Army

    Sep 2, 2011 at 9:38 AM

    Comment #33

    @1

    No we did get (one) Ba (4 Free)

    0
  • terencelim

    Sep 2, 2011 at 9:41 AM

    Comment #34

    The club statements used to be so real- always the feeling of make-believe…

    0
  • PHOENIXNIGHTS

    Sep 2, 2011 at 9:41 AM

    Comment #35

    davybtoon – agree and to be honest what we have now is not too bad (finish 10th injuries permitting) and obviously HBA coming back is a bonus. I just want to be treat like an adult and be told the truth – this regime are liars (proven in court ffs) One thing to look at is a list of multi million pound flops we have wasted money on in Newcastle – its frightening
    Keep the Faith

    0
  • Offkey

    Sep 2, 2011 at 9:42 AM

    Comment #36

    I understand a lot of you are trying to put a positive spin on not getting the striker we needed…….but the logic your using doesn’t sound right.

    If we stopped at striker no.3, we would have known mid august we were getting no one. Gameiro, Gervinho, Erdinc…..However, a number were wishing Cisse would join (including you davy) and wasn’t he fifth or sixth on the list (maybe further down).

    0
  • Tiote4PM

    Sep 2, 2011 at 9:42 AM

    Comment #37

    I am a negative whinning bitch.

    I am not angry because of the team we have, or players we missed out on.

    I am angry that I have been lied to and deceived for more months than I can remember. Hollow promises by people who do not understand the impact they are having on my life.

    MY money now sits in someones possession who I don’t know, like or trust.

    I will support the team and our 2 million pound strike force.

    I will no longer attend games and spend my savings for the boards benefit.

    Thump, Dazza etc… Your mentality is childish and is the reason why Ashley thinks we are thick. You pay X amount a week out of you salary to support Ashleys team. Lied to and cheated, but still the ever faithful disregarded dog – always back for more.

    I have learnt and others from attendence figures are learning.

    Not prepared to pay for gold and get tin, even if that tin is perfectly sound and does the job – I paid for gold.

    0
  • Magforlife

    Sep 2, 2011 at 9:42 AM

    Comment #38

    As everyone predicted, spend money in January !
    Does this tosser think we are all as thick as f**k

    0
  • Geordiedoonsooth

    Sep 2, 2011 at 9:42 AM

    Comment #39

    On Santon I spoke to an Italian guy I know (a Juventus fan)and asked him about Santon. He said that up to his injury he was brilliant and if he can get back to that form then we have bought one of the best (if not the best) fullbacks in the world. I hope he’s right give the kid (only 20) a chance. As I’ve said on other posts we would have been saying this was a good transfer window if only we had bought a decent striker.

    0
  • richard

    Sep 2, 2011 at 9:45 AM

    Comment #40

    im pretty sure we can scrape by with the forwards we have, the annoying thing is the lies that comes out of them.im more worried about the lack of defenseve cover. is anyone out there out of contract who could do a job in that department. on the number 9 shirt we have had some world class numer 9s in the past, but remember the likes of rafferty clarke rob mcdonald etc, think what im saying is doesnt realy matter about shirt number only yo us geordies if you have a good striker you usualy have a good team. time will tel.

    0

You must log in to post a comment.