Coloccini And Gutierrez Could Be Moved Out Next Summer

We haven’t heard too much recently from Newcastle captain Fabricio Coloccini.

Fabricio Coloccini – Barton was easy to get on with

But the Argentine has made an excellent start to the season,  and he seems to be forming a very good solid central defensive partnership with local lad Steven Taylor.

And Coloccini has been taking extra English lessons, and his English has improved, and that will help him better fulfill his duties as new Newcastle captain, as he will be giving a lot more interviews than before.

Coloccini has talked today about Joey Barton leaving,  and says Joey was always an easy man to get on with:

“Joey was a very good team-mate. He was not a difficult man to work with – in fact, sometimes you need some players like that with character,”

“When we are on the pitch we need players with character, players who want to go and win. Maybe you need players like that when you are battling against adversity.”

“He always showed his character then, which is good. Sometimes when we did not have good times at the club or we were near the relegation, we needed that kind of player. Now it is up to those left to do that.”

“Of course the dressing room is different without Joey. A lot of players have different styles. Some are quieter, some are like Joey with strong spirit. But it’s normal, a lot of dressing rooms are like that.”

“Other players show themselves and their character in different ways. Joey was louder, maybe. But those differences are the same in all changing rooms.”

“I know I am the leader. But it is no more pressure because these players have gone – I felt pressure from the moment I signed,”

“For me it is so important to have the relationship I have with the supporters. I’m so proud of it.” “When I bring my family over, it is a proud moment when they sing my song. I feel like I am back home again, back home in Argentina.”

“I want to go on the pitch, I want to win. I’m proud to be captain – I’m happy too. I was surprised – there was Joey, Harps, Smudger – they are all good players, experienced players and English too.”

“For me it was like a present.”  “I said all along I wanted to stay here and now everyone knows I will be here and there will be no more speculation.”

“I’m also happy because we had a good start to the season and we have signed new players, good players. We are looking forward now – to the future and for the team.”

The Argentine was linked with moves to Spain over the summer, and to clubs like Valencia and Sevilla, but it didn’t happen, to our immense relief.

Coloccini’s on a massive contract on Tyneside, and it runs out a year come June, so we often think what could happen next summer, and we think he may even be moved out,  if Newcastle can get a buyer.

With his team-mate Jonas Gutierrez also on a big contract which runs out at the same time, Jonas may also be one to move out next summer, especially now we have many new players who can play on either wing.

These two lads have been great for Newcastle since they arrived three years ago, and it would be great to see them stay on Tyneside and even get contract extensions, but the way the club is now run makes that rather  unlikely, and we cannot see that happening.

The fact that Coloccini is now such a vital player for Newcastle may become important, and we’re sure Alan Pardew is working hard  right now in trying to get a contract extension for his captain.

But being an important player or a good player, never  stopped the powers that be at Newcastle from moving top players out, if it helps with the financial situation at the club.

It’s a decent bet that both Argentine Internationals will move out next summer, unless the manager can persuade the top two on Tyneside, to extend their contracts.

What do you think?

• connor_nufc

Sep 11, 2011 at 10:26 AM

y turn positive words from coliccini into a negative story about him leaving?

• panzer attack 912

Sep 11, 2011 at 10:26 AM

1st

• connor_nufc

Sep 11, 2011 at 10:30 AM

ur a dick

• solano

Sep 11, 2011 at 10:31 AM

Connor….Ed’s experience of writing about other star players’ contract renewal negotiations, perhaps? Or looking at their birth certificates?

• cyprus

Sep 11, 2011 at 10:33 AM

Sad day if they go. Better if they recommend a couple of buddies from that great footballing nation.

• GoalsBringSmiles

Sep 11, 2011 at 10:38 AM

Connor, perhaps because each time we fans have even a hint of positivity it is effaced by MA’s negative business dealings

• Stuart

Sep 11, 2011 at 10:39 AM

Great words from Colo. Ed may have a point like but I really wish he’s wrong.

Colo and Guti are two vital players for us. Colo is a rock in defence and should get a new contract as he’ll be good for at least the next 4 years.

Guti’s direct play and workrate is awesome, I know his final ball is lacking but he creates so much space and hassles the defence alot which helps to break up the game.

I wouldnt want either to leave but I reckon Guti is the most likely as we have so many LWs now.

Oh and @ connor_nufc – I hope you werent calling Ed a dick? If so you want to learn abit of respect mate.

• solano

Sep 11, 2011 at 10:42 AM

Stuart…hoping it was Panzer!

• CaptainGeordie

Sep 11, 2011 at 10:44 AM

If Colo and Jonas go,It will be because they’re too old the our “new” Policy !. But I’m always wrong ;).

• CaptainGeordie

Sep 11, 2011 at 10:45 AM

*FOR our

• Chrism

Sep 11, 2011 at 11:19 AM

To be honest I would rather concentrate on this season, and not get into crystal ball gazing and further negative speculation. There have been too many negatives this year anyway.
    More bothered about Monday nights result, does the crystal ball show that ?

• Davies

Sep 11, 2011 at 11:19 AM

Whilst I can’t see Colo get an extension on the same money he’s on, I’d rather not speculate on his depature just yet. I’d be more gutted to lose him and Jonas than I was about losing Nolan, Barton and Enrique.

I still don’t think it’s out of the question that he does get a contract extension though.

• Davies

Sep 11, 2011 at 11:20 AM

Oh, and who wrote the headline? Was it Angryman?

• magfly

Sep 11, 2011 at 11:24 AM

Why write about players leaving when they still have the shirt poor article.

• GoalsBringSmiles

Sep 11, 2011 at 12:17 PM

Davies interjects with his charactistically pointless comment…

• carrollsinger

Sep 11, 2011 at 12:28 PM

Wasnt colo and gut Ashley signings?

• Toonbyblood

Sep 11, 2011 at 12:30 PM

Oh here we go again Ed…. let’s write articles about players supposedly leaving…and keep writing them…until they actully get the message and leave.

You do a great job without having to resort to conjuring up negativity.

DROP IT.

• GoalsBringSmiles

Sep 11, 2011 at 12:36 PM

I wouldn’t say that Ed is ‘conjuring up negativity’ but simply responding to the liklihood of the negative regime at NUFC doing yet more foolish business next summer, i.e. selling the best players for profit and replacing them with inexperienced, cheaper options. Maximise profit, ignore risk.

• evildick

Sep 11, 2011 at 12:40 PM

Ed, what’s going on? this blog is quality but that headline is a bit much! let’s worry about what happens next summer, next summer.

the interview is about colo testifying his undying love for the club. sure, ashley might sell him, but he might sell his granny too!

now is the time for the toon army to get behind the team. let’s keep this run going, we have a lot of winnable games coming up!

• Toonbyblood

Sep 11, 2011 at 1:21 PM

GoalsBrings… as evil dick just pointed out… Ed’s turned a very positive statement from the team captain into one about him supposedly leaving. The way the article comes across this is a forgone conculsion.

Not healthy.

• bills-son

Sep 11, 2011 at 3:20 PM

Absolute sh!t thread from Ed and the reason why I have decided to do nothing on this forum but point out bigoted negative b&ll&x like this.

It wouldn’t surprise me to see a headline like;

Ashley Sells Every Player At The Club And Decides To Just Hang Out Eleven Shirts On Match Day.

That is how bad this forum is becoming.

By the way – if we win tomorrow we’ll be 3rd in the Prem.

• Chaz

Sep 11, 2011 at 4:04 PM

I think we’re clearer on where the club stand as far as our players are concerned – every player has his price. No doubt the club will prepare an offer (or not) for Collo based on performances this season and progress of other players and after reviewing the budget for the season ahead! 3 games into the season…

They are both good players. Are there others who could come in and take their places – yes. Could we get those others to take lower wages than we pay to Jose & Collo – maybe.

I don’t think this is the best thread Ed has ever put up but for goodness sake it’s a fan website run as a hobby and for every fan out there we can expect some differing opinions. Some of the responses here are perhaps a little excessive…

🙁

• g.s.tooner

Sep 11, 2011 at 4:09 PM

No point worrying about what’s going to happen next summer, we just need to focus on getting a really good position in the league – possibly even Europa league football – so that our best players feel we are progressing as a club and rebuilding out tattered reputation so they want to stay and also becoming more attractive to the up and coming stars we are trying to attract.
    Also when he talks about being proud when he hears his song and his family is there too, do you think he realises we are saying we would let him shag our wives????

• SaulToon

Sep 11, 2011 at 5:05 PM

To tell the truth wouldn’t care much if Jonas left, his end product just isn’t good enough. He always comes close, just to disappoint and he’s not getting any younger or better.

• simonsez

Sep 11, 2011 at 5:10 PM

Sorry ed just made up rubbish, there is nothing to suggest if collocini or Jonas will be sold or given contract extensions so until there is something to report why mention it. why dont you write a story that we will sign messi because your mate down the pub told you, theres about as much evidence for that as what you have wrote here.

• markmac

Sep 11, 2011 at 8:59 PM

fair point with the current regime ed, but id say lets live for the now and hopefully we’ll have a decent season and then see what happens after that! n you never know, if i win the euro millions two or three times, i might be able to buy NUFC myself….. ha ha

• Bao Zheng

Sep 11, 2011 at 9:00 PM

The History channel told me that the eworld will end in Dec so need to worry. And there is more hard evidence for that than this bullsh1t.

• John

Sep 12, 2011 at 1:54 PM

I have a love/hate relationship with him he can be very poor on hes day and very good but not consisent enuf for me.