Newcastle Now A Difficult Team To Beat

It’s not clear why there’s been so much innuendo surrounding Danny Simpson this season.

Danny Simpson challenges Bothroyd Monday night

On the one hand we hear from the local press that he will not sign his new five year contract and he may be moved out because of that, and then it may that some people at the club think he’s not good enough, and Danny could be moved out because of that.

Certainly he seems to have his critics among the supporters, but Danny just needs to keep his head down, and keep improving, that’s all he can do, that’s his job at Newcastle, and he had a good solid game on Monday night.

But it wouldn’t surprise us either, if Newcastle brought in a left-footed left back in Jnauary, and it could even be Erik Pieters of PSV, and that would increase the pressure for places at full back, with Davide Santon able to play at right back.

Danny was full of praise today for the two Newcastle center-backs, who have been in great form so far this season:

“The two centre-halves have been magnificent in every game this season,”

“They seem to work off each other so well. It’s credit to them, they work just as hard in training as they do on the pitch and that work is really paying off.”

“Tayls is exactly the same in training – he blocks shots left, right and center and the ball hits him all over the place. You know all about Colo’s class, and the two of them seem to work well together.”

“As a defence that’s three clean sheets out of four now and that’s some achievement really.” “There won’t be too many, if any, teams do that over the course of a Premier League season.”

“It’s testament to the lads – not just the back five, but the whole of the team. We work so hard on our organisation, and at the moment I think we look hard to beat which is obviously great. That’s a massive thing to be taking into games.”

Colo and Steven Taylor are two good players but best of all they seem to be two top-class professionals.

Nile Ranger could learn a lot from the way Colo and Steven train every day – that’s what makes a top player.

They come to work every day and put in solid shifts in training, and those who don’t do that, for whatever reason, don’t make it.

Colo and Steven have certainly played well together for Newcastle so far this season, and that has to auger well for the future.

Comments always welcome.

• drongo

Sep 14, 2011 at 9:52 AM

nice piece that. I remember someone having a conversation with a certain D Beckham at the BBC sports personality a few years back – suggesting he was lucky to have the lifestyle he has.
    He replied “yes, I am lucky, and the harder I work, the luckier I get”

• geoff777

Sep 14, 2011 at 9:56 AM

Hats off to all four defenders.

Simmo, Saylor, Colo & Raylor.

Only that late consolation goal by Fulham conceded.
    Some brave blocking and discipline in regrouping and keeping cool heads.

HWTL

• aussiemag

Sep 14, 2011 at 10:00 AM

Until this weekend ED

NUFC 0 AV 2

• drongo

Sep 14, 2011 at 10:07 AM

@aussie
    have a word with yourself

• Geordiedoonsooth

Sep 14, 2011 at 10:07 AM

aussiemag Are you a Villa fan or maybe an SMB. I can’t see Villa scoring 2 goals mind I can’t see us scoring 1

• Geordiedoonsooth

Sep 14, 2011 at 10:10 AM

Ed just seen your cancer prognosis. I wish you all the best I have lost 3 friends in the last 2 years to cancer and have another 2 who are currently battling throat cancer. I hope you can beat the big C and look forward to reading your brilliant blog on all things NUFC for a long time to come.

All the best mate.

• aussiemag

Sep 14, 2011 at 10:14 AM

Yes i love SCUMDERLAND and i love hanging out at the stadium of SHITE. It has been a life long dream of mine??

Lads I just feel we have had lady luck( who is not real by the way LOL) on our on side for some time now and i feel our luck has run out, but of course i will eat my hat if we win.

Shit all i have is a ten gallon hat CMON VILLA HAHA LOL LOL!

• aussiemag

Sep 14, 2011 at 10:22 AM

Ed I too agree with Geordiedoonsooth mate

I havent been a member of this BLOG for long but I have to say I have enjoyed it though since I have joined.
    I have laughed, loved and frowned sometimes and this is all thanks to you mate.
    So thankyou and Im sure i speak from all us Aussie fans and wish you a speedy recovery mate
    Cheers
    Matt

• geoff777

Sep 14, 2011 at 10:25 AM

@aussiemag

I always expect us to win. Even against Man U and Chelsea away …

Sure my heart rules my head but every dog has his day …

Have faith

villa 0-1 toon

• djchrisanders

Sep 14, 2011 at 10:28 AM

Villa game will be an interesting one coming off the back of the performance the other night. I reckon it will set the tone for the next few games and if we can get a win I think we’ll gain some momentum…

• aussiemag

Sep 14, 2011 at 10:31 AM

Love your work Geoff Love Your Work

• aussiemag

Sep 14, 2011 at 10:31 AM

Time for FIFA will be back later gents

• TOONALE

Sep 14, 2011 at 10:56 AM

Geoff
    I am Positive I’m a Negative person.
    But I am Positive my dog died.
    Always look on the bright side of life.

• mikeashleyisamackem

Sep 14, 2011 at 5:19 PM

need to play santon right wing for me, play fergie left back and leave out obertan untill he grows a pair n decides he wa\nts to beat players