Oh No – Davide Santon Injured In Training

Well, would you believe it, Newcastle’s brand new signing Davide Santon has undergone a scan on his right knee, after suffering an injury during training today.

Davide Santon – injured his knee in training

The 20 year old full back joined for around £5M from Inter-Milan on Tuesday, August 30th, and is to yet make his debut for Newcastle, and he was expected to do that on Saturday at Villa Park,  but that will not happen now.

It seems the training injury jinx may have struck Newcastle again, and this is what manager Alan Pardew said earlier today:

“He’s having a scan on what looks like a cartilage injury,”

“It’s an injury he’s had previously, so I think it’s very wise that the doctor and his team have had him scanned.”

“I’m not actually sure of the mechanics of how it occurred. It’s very important he has a good start at this football club, so we want to make sure he’s 100%.”

Newcastle have apparently told BBC Sport that they expect to discover the results of the assessment later today.

So we’ll have to wait and see if  any results are announced tonight, although we doubt it now, with it already being almost 10:00 pm.

And finally, I have a message to relay from the Evening Chronicle:

If anybody was on a train on Monday afternoon to the QPR game, and didn’t make it to their destination,  please contact the Evening Chronicle via colin.george@ncjmedia.co.uk

• fungus44

Sep 15, 2011 at 9:50 PM

report,s on twitter say he,s out for a month if they true

• niffnoff

Sep 15, 2011 at 9:54 PM

Fungus44 read what you just said.

Reports. Twitter. Cool story brah!

Even so, better that it happened now than on the pitch getting knocked and probably doing a HBA.

• Dannyo

Sep 15, 2011 at 9:58 PM

Nufc.co.uk said that we’d recieve news on the injury later today, i have seen nothing yet :/ Only read rumours.

• ross armstrong

Sep 15, 2011 at 10:01 PM

hello everyone , does any1 know the new site instead of my p2p for the live games on the internet??

• Tonytoon73

Sep 15, 2011 at 10:10 PM

ross I go on a site called atdhe, you download vshare and it is spot on.

• ochytoon

Sep 15, 2011 at 10:11 PM

ross
    I’m just using whatever I can find

• ross armstrong

Sep 15, 2011 at 10:12 PM

Tonytoon73
    can u send me the link bud

• Dannyo

Sep 15, 2011 at 10:13 PM

@GoalsBringSmiles

I’ll continue our discussion here.
    MA has made a bunch of mistakes, no doubt about it and i’ve NEVER said otherwise.
    I’ve defended ONE thing about MA throughout, and thats the fact that he saved us financially. There is no disputing that, it’s written, black on white for everyone to see.
    I see us doing well with youngsters, i see us sorting out our financial situation, i see a manager seeking a playstyle well worthy of our once so great “Entertainers”, i think it’s great we won’t pay over the top for players, which would be a considerably bigger risk than getting Ba, Marveux and even Santon. The first actually has played allot the last 3 seasons as far as i can see.
    Both Ba and Marveux were free, and is a very low risk overall, despite their injury record.
    We got 7 players this summer, what do u think would have been a realistic number given our recent records in the transfer market?
    I like it that we seem to thoroughly scout our targets, making even more sure that they suit us.
    I like it maybe even more the fact that Pardew is the one painting these targets.
    I also like the fact that the club has released a statement and answered questions from the fans, it’s a step in the right direction, despite the obvious answers on many parts.

These are some things i see going well at the club.
    I don’t see these as delusional at all.

• Tonytoon73

Sep 15, 2011 at 10:17 PM

ross I just google atdhe and it gives you the the live sports channels mate.

• JAMSHA

Sep 15, 2011 at 10:20 PM

Hmmm another injury. V r fkn cursed wit injuries. V need to shift to another traing ground

• MacToon

Sep 15, 2011 at 10:21 PM

What the hell do you mean ” he saved us financially. There is no disputing that”?
    There is no evidence for this but the propoganda put out from the club but I’ll tell you there is evidence Ashley has stripped nearly £60 million from the team/squad and expects his customers (us) to accept that.

Even Llambias spelt it out in his EC answers and still you believe he’s doing what’s best for NUFC, he’s doing what’s best for Ashley and that is a big difference.

• Dannyo

Sep 15, 2011 at 10:23 PM

@solano

Also answering u here.
    U may be right, i may be getting ahead of myself claiming that people blame MA for Santons injury.
    But it’s hard to think otherwise when people start posting links to whats going wrong with the club, shouting at MA for various reasons not related to Santons injury at all, etc etc.
    It riles me up cause people starting pulling in things that is not relevant to Santons injury at all.
    It’s like some just wait for a chance to pounce.

No, we don’t have cover, we ALL know that, we could’ve done so much more in the window.
    At the same time, i understand that it takes TIME to build things, especially at a football club.
    I simply choose to believe that mistakes have been made, we’re passed those, there are plenty of positives to take from the club.
    This is where my interest lies, i just don’t get off at slating MA tirelessly. He won’t read my posts anyway.

Have a discussion about whats wrong in the club, perfectly fine, but it goes far beyond that many times.

• davybtoon

Sep 15, 2011 at 10:26 PM

Just play kadar or fergie there sorted

• Dannyo

Sep 15, 2011 at 10:28 PM

@MacToon
    There are financial documents on the web, from Freddys time and from MAs time.
    Freddys time shows us loosing £30 mill a season at the time MA took over, in addition to the amount of debt that had already been build up.
    I won’t be bothered going into details, but it’s not propaganda, it’s all true.
    But when people start saying “oh it’s fabricated” blablaba, it just does it for me.
    Hence my statement in the former thread;
    “Blinded by the hate for MA”.
    MA won’t every do anything right for NUFC ever again.
    Atleast thats what allot are portraying.
    But it’s simply not true.

• MacToon

Sep 15, 2011 at 10:36 PM

Managable or servicable debt is alot different to going under, bankrupt or into receivership. You only have to look at Man U for that.
    It is also impossible to say what would have happened had Ashley not bought the club so i say again there is no evidence he saved us financially only speculation. I agree out finances at the time needed addressing but who’s to say that wouldn’t have happened.

Ashley is looking after himself, even Llambias said it in his EC answers.

• Dannyo

Sep 15, 2011 at 10:48 PM

@MacToon

When u say “Ashley is looking after himself, even Llambias said it in his EC answers.”
    What part of the answer DL gave did u draw that conclusion from? I think i know, but i’m not quite sure.
    U have the answer u read that from?

• MacToon

Sep 15, 2011 at 10:49 PM

“MA won’t every do anything right for NUFC ever again.
    Atleast thats what allot are portraying.
    But it’s simply not true.”

So what did Llambias mean when he said :

“He deserves credit for his financial support but a section of supporters don’t make him feel welcome at St James’ Park, or when he attends away games. Criticism is part and parcel of the job, abuse is not. This makes life uncomfortable and certainly doesn’t make Mike feel more inclined to put his hand once again in his pocket. That’s not stubbornness, it’s human nature. I think most of us would feel exactly the same.”

Dannyo, he has had enough of you and me and thousands of supporters who religiously attend SJP, he is admitting he’s had enough because we are ungrateful that he supposedly saved us from the brink and do not appretiate what he’s done for the club.
    Well what he’s done is upset alot of fans, also people who have done so much for this club from playing to managing the team and stripped the squad of nearly £60 mil of talent.

Oh we have so much to be grateful of!

• thai-mag

Sep 15, 2011 at 10:50 PM

fungus44 anybobody can put anything they like on twitter it is not a report they said on twitter ben arfa would be out for 3 weeks that was more than 2 months ago. and dannyo are you f******g nuts

• GoalsBringSmiles

Sep 15, 2011 at 10:50 PM

Dannyo

I’d like you to post a link that indelibly proves what you claim, that Mike Ashley saved us financially, show me the evidence that we were anywhere near administration at his time of taking over. Yet, do not interpret this as me glorifying Shepherd and Hall’s reign-I am aware of course, that these two made a fortune from our club, and that we weren’t exactly financially sound towards the end of their tenure BUT these matters tend not to concern most fans when Dancing in the South of France, entertaining the San Siro, De Alpi, Nou Camp etc. etc. I welcomed MA when he first bought the club, yet he showed his cards early on with the KK saga. Since the season he had us relegated through mismanagement Ashley has invested pretty much nothing back into the squad but as Solano says, the squad has had to function on a one in one out system-usually the replacements are unproven and cheaper options. You ask if I think 7 signings was enough this summer, my answer yes 7 would have been enough had we not released or sold a similar amount-and worse than this they were the backbone of the team that allowed us to finsih 12th place. How exacly can we build on last seasons finish when the squad is not built on but dismantled.

I really do find your opinions disturbing Dannyo. You obviously love the toon as do I, but you will struggle to justify comments like ‘I see us doing well with youngsters, i see us sorting out our financial situation, i see a manager seeking a playstyle well worthy of our once so great “Entertainers.” Playing style, was that against Scunny or QPR? I’ve been many things during these first few matches of the season but entertained has rarely been one of them. The financial situation does not matter to us fans when we are seeing no benefit on the pitch, and the fact remains, we are no better in terms of football than we were before MA took over.

• Dannyo

Sep 15, 2011 at 10:51 PM

On a more positive note.
    Just saw APs entire press confrence, looks like we’ll deffo change our tactics against Villa, and he defends his decision on tactics at the QPR match, as he didn’t know what player’s they’d play and how they would play.
    Which is all fair enough.
    He also said Gosling will feature in the match, but not how.
    Seemed very calm when he talked about Santon injury, so crossing fingers it’s not too bad.
    I think Villa will be an interesting one, and i think we’ll be realizing allot more of our so far untapped potential.

Anyone else excited by Ben Arfa playing against N. Forest? 😀

• GoalsBringSmiles

Sep 15, 2011 at 10:54 PM

Mactoon@15

great point.

• GoalsBringSmiles

Sep 15, 2011 at 10:55 PM

Dannyo *sidesteps the real issue*

• brklyngeordie

Sep 15, 2011 at 10:57 PM

geez this news had me disappointed as i was really looking forward to seeing this lad play some PL football just hope its not serious and we are being cautious with it if its a month then not that bad hope its no more.. Anyhow good times at the clubs people enjoy it forget this nonsense off the pitch and what Fat Ash is doing to the stadium with adverts im really pleased with the young lads on the squad and truely see us becoming a consistent top 8 for years to come

• voodoo85

Sep 15, 2011 at 11:00 PM

@4- lshunter.tv

• GoalsBringSmiles

Sep 15, 2011 at 11:03 PM

Anyway, I’ll entertain you Dannyo…

I look forward to Ben Arfa’s return, very excited to see him playing and fit again, i think and hope the best is yet to come.

The change in tactics against Villa will prob be a more defensive 4 5 1 than the 4 4 2 at QPR. Lets not kid ourselves into believing that QPR was simply a tactical error on AP’s part however, what has been glaringly obvious so far this season has been the lack of creativity imagination and goalscoring chances in all four matches. We have rode our look and long may it continue but realistically, we will be found out soon enough , unless this Entertainers style you talk of suddenly makes an appearance.

• shamsoftabriz

Sep 15, 2011 at 11:05 PM

Hopefully it’s a 3-4 week issue and not something chronic that requires micro-fracture surgery.

We may live and die by our defensive energy this season and we need all hands on deck. sure could use Jose Enrique about now, eh?

This may also–depending on the severity of the situation–drive MA into a more aggressive bid for Pieters in January. Until then, while we have some great talent on the back line, we have middling depth.

• GoalsBringSmiles

Sep 15, 2011 at 11:06 PM

Brklyngeordie

‘consistent top 8 for years to come’

• Dannyo

Sep 15, 2011 at 11:07 PM

@MacToon
    When i read about that, i read about a man who’s scared about going to matches due to the way the fans behaved against him during the time we protested so heavily.
    The man received death threats for goodness sake, on his own life and his family.
    Would u simply turn a blind eye to that a year late like nothing ever happened?
    Knowing u’d have done more mistakes/bad desicions which would still leave the fans with the feeling they had a year or two ago?
    He’s a human being, and we can all take so much.
    I’m sorry, i just don’t read it the way u do.
    I’m not defending his actions, clearly, but is there not some truth to whats being said in the answer?

@GoalsBringSmiles
    I’ll put an emphasis on this, cause i’m pieceing together my responds as carefully as possible:
    “I see a manager seeking a playstyle well worthy of our once so great “Entertainers.”
    Your response to that sentence:
    “Playing style, was that against Scunny or QPR?”
    So, i guess i’ll have to express myself even clearer:

EVEN clearer:
    Did KK get his style of football sorted straight away? Did he take over the club in the PL after a hard 2-3 years and did he take over players who simply wanted silly money or having “always dreamt of playing for a club like Liverpool”?
    No, the man has a philosophy, where in my sentence does it say that we “are playing like the Entertainers did” right now?

Proving my point by twisting my words in a negative direction, oh, sorry, i mean realistic direction.
    U may take this as condescending, but i’m just making a point.
    I know u won’t take that point tho.
    And not bringing finances into football? What would the PL be without finances, it’s very hard to separate.
    Is finances not what we’re discussing when saying we have no cover for Santon?

I agree on your last sentence tho, we are not better with MA on the pitch, than we were with Freddy. Perhaps worse until we can grab that 2nd spot. When/if it ever happens.

I feel i’m being very realistic, u feel u are being realistic, we’re the same coin but different sides.

• Dannyo

Sep 15, 2011 at 11:12 PM

@GoalsBringSmiles

I’m about to hit the sack, but i guess i should bury the hatchet for now.
    I’ll try and not pounce in the future, but u have to understand, not agree, but understand, when i read through comments and see Santon being injured, then 20 comments further down i see a link to everything thats wrong with the club…
    Santon being injured is almost tragic, cause we don’t have proper cover, we all know that.
    But then asking people to be realistic and read the link u put up…
    For ME, it’s taking it too far and biting over too much.
    Atleast we have an LB, we could’ve watched a season of Raylor there instead.
    In any case, thats just how i view it.
    Hatchet buried on my behalf.

• MacToon

Sep 15, 2011 at 11:15 PM

Dannyo, I think you are being very naive tbh, he is a businesman and a ruthless one at that, he has admitted he’s not going to do any more for the team than neccesary to keep us in the prem.

He is a shyster, he doesn’t care for us or our team but cares for his own self and bank balance.

• thai-mag

Sep 15, 2011 at 11:17 PM

dannyo you are nuts certifiable mental case

• GoalsBringSmiles

Sep 15, 2011 at 11:25 PM

Don’t worry about condescending me Dannyo 😀

I haven’t put a negative twist on your words but merely asked what evidence you have to back up your claim that we are moving towrads being anything like the Entertainers we used to be? In fact you admit yourself that we are no better on the pitch since MA took over. You’re right about one thing Dannyo, I won’t take your point, because you don’t have one. After all, what do we as fans of NUFC want to see happen at our club? A progressive business or a progressive football team, or dare i suggest it, a mixture of both?

‘Perhaps worse until we can grab that 2nd spot. When/if it ever happens.’ Please explain what you mean here.

KK brought us up in successive seasons, from the brink of relegation to the 3rd division, i would say that’s rather hasty establishment of playing style and intent. Consequently he put us on the map and that stadium is testament to his success,and now it is being sh1t all over and abused with free advertising this is a sacrilege to the passion and effort and love that KK along with Hall poured into our club.

The reason Ashley got abuse is becasue he disregarded this legend and disregarded the people and traditions of Newcastle as a city and a club. The way you tow the Ashley line is an embarassment and disgrace.

and finally…
    ‘AP has an attacking philosophy which would be suitable to the way the “Entertainers” used to play.’ Alan Pardew is actually better known for his defensive tactics.

• beddersmag

Sep 15, 2011 at 11:26 PM

I have to agree with some of dannys comments. Hall and shephard borrowed millions and got us into masive debt while making millions themselves. Even worse shephard ran the club down in the end doing everything on the cheapand we were going nowhere well before ma appeared. At least he paid off our debts. Of course we now owe him, but are saving a lot in interest. Imagine what cash we would have in the kitty if he had not done this? Im not naive enought to think its out of the goodness of his heart. His and nufcs interests are not mutually exclusive- he would effectively be losing money too. He wont go anywhere until he makes his money back and proves he a is a good little businessman. By my reckoning he might be half way there so if he gets rid of tiote, colo and maybe ben arfa he might decide putting up with us geordies is not worth the bother any more…

• GoalsBringSmiles

Sep 15, 2011 at 11:30 PM

But I accept your hatchet burying as well Dannyo, I don’t think your a bad lad, as I said earlier you obviously love the club as much as I do, I am just frustrated because you could channel that passion and love towards a more progressive stance on current affairs at NUFC-ousting Ashley is the only way we can hope for success in the next 5, 10, 15 maybe even 20 years. It is not impossible to do, but I feel things will have to get worse before they get better.

• Schwefelberg

Sep 15, 2011 at 11:41 PM

That’s right. Ashley could solve lots of the problems of the dubious fans if he gives an interview on Television or let the fans interrogate him. He will never do it I tell you.

Why not?????

Because he couldn’t keep the smirk off his face. He got in Dennis Wise to share the joke. Keegan and Houghton didn’t share the joke and were cast out.

• GoalsBringSmiles

Sep 15, 2011 at 11:54 PM

Beddersmag

I wouldn’t hold out for Ashley selling up anytime soon, as a money man he has seen an opportunity to advertise his biggest asset SD for either free or minimal expense-not only this but no matter what he does fans continue to essentially back him by giving him more money-whether they like him or not. Ashley can do no worse than tarnish the Geordie relationship with the legends KK and AS,these are the niggest in alist of crimes, he has tampered with the reputation of both yet still the club conmtinues to profit. So as much as I desire the same as you tht Ashley is recouping his losses before moving on, I doubt very much that his ‘sensitive human side’ will struggle to cope with us abusive Newcastle fans if money continues to pour in beyond fully balalanced books.

• Dondatta13

Sep 16, 2011 at 12:14 AM

Im not militant, I wish the fatman out but I don’t wish to upset the team on the pitch…

I was in favour of a boycott, however…

The best idea I have heard (sadly not my own) was a silent protest of everyone holding up empty plastic JJB bags!

We all know how much distain they (Dave Whelan & Fat Mike) have for each other, what better way to get up fattys nose…

Free advetising? We’ll show you free advertising!!!!!!

Epic because it’s both simple and less disruptive!

• beddersmag

Sep 16, 2011 at 12:19 AM

Goalsbringsmiles

fear you might be right. You have to admit he knows how to make money and might see it as a long term investment. Or, he is waiting the economy to pick up so he can sell it for a decent figure- and with a healthy balance sheet it would be a good investment for any proper billionaire. Oh no im starting to dream now. Time for bed i think

• terencelim

Sep 16, 2011 at 3:50 AM

This is not a training injury jinx.

Anyone who knew Santon or Serie A well should know Santan had this injury which was one of the main reasons that dragging his career down.

But our fat owner will only pay for these type of players because they are cheap like China labour =)

Oh he may as well import some China labours to play for the club next season.

• lekech

Sep 16, 2011 at 5:25 AM

Simply put, Ashley is not doing a bad job running the club, if his objective is to turn it into a financially sustainable (even profitable) business.

But this is not why we fans support the club in rain or shine, we are here for the football!! Ashley and lameass fail to understand this simple point, which arises to their unpopular. No one else is to be blamed for that.

Ashley only knows how to sell sport merchandises, not the sport itself. Sad…