Ben Arfa – Everybody Is Happy At Newcastle

It was great to see Ben Arfa make it through his first game back, and he put in a  good shift of 70 minutes last night at the City Ground.

Ben Arfa – in action last night

Ben Arfa and the Newcastle fans are a match made in heaven,  and today the French International has thanked the  fans for helping him to get through his injury woes,  since he arrived 13 months ago from Marseilles.

And Ben Arfa also says the other French players Newcastle have brought in, are also settling in well to life on Tyneside, and that they are all happy with things.

And  the mercurial player, who attracted a number of the French media to Nottingham Forest last night, as he still seems to be their great hope,  had this to say today:

“I’m very happy to see the supporters again, and I thank them for all the encouragement last year,” “It was hard for me, but they sent me messages, and I want to thank them.”

“I was very happy to be back on the pitch, and we finished with a victory.” “It was a very good result, and I’m very happy.”

“All the year I worked so hard to come back, and I’m very happy to be on the pitch now. It was very hard for me, and I’m very happy to be back.”

“I hope we do very good things this season.”  “It was difficult to watch the rest of the game from the bench.” “They scored, and it was hard, but I’m very happy that we won.”

“I feel very good. I have confidence, and I feel I will do very good things now. I’m ready to play now. I hope we continue like this.”

“We are all starting to settle in at Newcastle now.” “We just want to keep the team moving forward and making progress. Everybody is happy here.”

Certainly the French contingent have one thing in common and that’s they are very skillful players as the French concentrate on the basic skills when their players are very young, and it shows.

Things seem to be looking up at Newcastle at the moment,  but it’s not the time to get carried away, and the next step for Newcastle is to put in a good performance on Saturday afternoon against Blackburn, who are certainly beatable on the road.

And we’ll also know at that time, who Newcastle will play in round four of the Carling Cup – hopefully Aldershot Town at home.

• SincerelySamuel

Sep 21, 2011 at 1:05 PM

by jove that would be a most pleasant of draws

• SincerelySamuel

Sep 21, 2011 at 1:08 PM

also having trained in france for the last 8 months the standard of low division football over here is truly cery high and there seems to be a great deal of importance in playing along the floor so maybe another reason pardew targetted frenchies (not just coz they were ‘moins cher’) the reason i think all these french lads can play the ball along the ground soo succinctly is they have significantly higher quality facilities i.e. pitches so practice that style of play more frequently

• Conan The Destroyer

Sep 21, 2011 at 1:09 PM

That was a great cross/up field pass to marv to set up the first goal last night. Hope benny boy gets a great run from now on!

• BOOM BOOM THE 1ST

Sep 21, 2011 at 1:14 PM

either benny has the most positive outlook of all or he has a good teacher he always seems to say the right things hmmmmm class act though absoloutly tops in the playing department could be a while b4 we can get anyone of his quality in again id of liked cabaye to play last night to see how they link up exciting very exciting.

• liam85

Sep 21, 2011 at 1:14 PM

Ben Arfa, if fit will rule this season!!!

• Sir Alan

Sep 21, 2011 at 1:25 PM

Que Sera, Sera, What Ever Will Be, Will Be……

To Early????? Cause New Wembley Has Never Experienced The Toon Army Before. The Place Would Be Rocking!!!!!!

• GeordieToon89

Sep 21, 2011 at 1:27 PM

thats exactly what im hoping for Aldershot at home atleast we’d be able to still rest a few first teamers rather than playing man utd/city/chelsea/arsenal we’d have to play basically at full strength

• GeordieToon89

Sep 21, 2011 at 1:29 PM

must say if we get ther i will 100% be going, never been to wembley always said i want to wait till newcastle get ther before i go so im hoping we get ther before i pop =] only 21 so hopefully a should have a few years left haha

• Cockney Magpie

Sep 21, 2011 at 1:36 PM

I am on cloud 9 right now! Everythings is goin brilliantly, but there are 2 things I just cannot help myself from doin and that is gettin to far ahead of myself (I’ve already bet my mate we will finish above spurs and win the carling cup!) And the 2nd is thinking this is too good to be true and expecting that everythin is gonna go pair shaped in the end (as usual)!

• Dannyo

Sep 21, 2011 at 1:38 PM

What a game, what a complete thriller of a game.
    And Pardew is so right when saying there was some immense individual performances.
    Atleast thats what one can gather from highlights and radio.
    What an exciting team we have and what an interesting season it’s going to be.
    Bring on Blackburn, they should be in for a hidin.

• BOOM BOOM THE 1ST

Sep 21, 2011 at 1:38 PM

the toons comin to wemm bely que sera sera

• FarAwayGeordie

Sep 21, 2011 at 1:39 PM

umm isnt it a little premature to be thinking about Wembley?? O_o

were playing great lets just not get carried away

• Cockney Magpie

Sep 21, 2011 at 1:40 PM

We are 33/1 to win the carling cup, gotta be worth a fiver

• AshtreeKid

Sep 21, 2011 at 1:41 PM

I agree, if we get to the semi’s then we can start the wembley talk

• Hemel Mag

Sep 21, 2011 at 1:56 PM

Cockney Magpie- dear god man please calm down and remember who your suporting. i’ve got 21 years on you so well versed in the ups and downs of being a Toon fan.
    Im a diehard fan and will be till I die but there are some basic rules to being a Mag:
    In no particular order:

ALWAYS expect the unexpected

WHENEVER you feel the most confident about a game is when we’ll get beat

|NEVER sing – “we’re by far the greatest team”

NEVER leave a game early

ALWAYS slag Kenny Daglish, Souness,Owen, Carrol

HATE everything sunderland

And NEVER EVER BET on the TOON it’s a guaranteed JINX
    But ALWAYS stay loyal and keep the faith bacause the highs
    when they come are worth it, and you never know we might see us win something before we pop

• drongo

Sep 21, 2011 at 1:57 PM

I was listening to that on Radio 5 Extra through Sky last night. Forgot how exciting it is following a match on the radio – will do a bit more of that in future!

Sounded to me like Marveaux was unplayable last night, and watching the highlights, the link up between him and HBA is enough to give you a boner.

• GeordieToon89

Sep 21, 2011 at 2:11 PM

is they any actual highlights of the game rather than just the goals im interested in seeing some of these link ups with the frenchies also wana see Benny skin people with the darting run through the centre.. can just guarentee tonight on bbc we’l be on after all the big teams and it will just be the goals

• AshtreeKid

Sep 21, 2011 at 2:14 PM

what time are the highlights on bbc tonight and are they of last nights games as well?

• mrmcgee

Sep 21, 2011 at 2:18 PM

ashtree, bbc highlights on about 11pm and they do include last nights highlights.

• wynsleap

Sep 21, 2011 at 2:19 PM

Sounds like he is “very happy”!

• mrmcgee

Sep 21, 2011 at 2:21 PM

I would have the following team for saturday.

…………………..Krul
    Simmo…Saylor…Colo…Raylor
    ………………….Tiote
    ……………….Cabaye
    Jonas…………………….Marveaux
    ………………Ben Arfa
    ………………….Best

Jonas never gets played on the right, i reckon he might have a ‘left side clause in his contract!!! You never know, he might actually be able to cross from the right! and we might actually win the cup! fingers crossed!!! 🙂

• ToonMauritius

Sep 21, 2011 at 2:23 PM

Hi lads, having the feeling that we may be on the podium for a silverware this season. We have a strong/deep squad and luck is on our side. For me to win a cup you must have a strong squad & have some luck.Both are on our side. Sometime it has been very awkward to bear humuliation Manu & l’fool fan that I have never seen my team lifting a trophy. Hope this year.

• Ameobi No.9

Sep 21, 2011 at 2:25 PM

Your all a funny bunch, reading through the blog that was up during the match. when we scored ‘Get in what a belter’
    and when we concede you were all like ‘for f**k sake man, COCKNEY MAFIA OUT’

What I am going to type now is aimed towards the muppets that constantly write those comments when ever we concede is, P*ss off, if you cannot handle the ups and downs the club will have, stick to playing fifa and pretending your mint at football. What is the point in posting your hate in a blog like this.
    Everyone has their right to an opinion, but, if it is not pleasant, keep it to yourself, or better yet, vent your anger at your barbie doll collection. I am all for getting behind the team, but only to support, not kick them up the ar*e.

Enough of that.. Great result last night, the team from what I have heard, played well last night with a few steamers from Perch, Ben Arfa and Marveaux. £10 says we pull man u or chelsea next round haha.

Looking forward to Saturday now, Blackburn will be hard to beat, but like I have said before, it is defiantly a winnable match for us, providing we keep the ball on the floor and make them chase it, instead of 60 yard passes to Best/Shola for 70 mins then change tactics when we go a goal down.

• ToonMauritius

Sep 21, 2011 at 2:33 PM

Do anybody know anything on that player, is he that good : Olivier Giroud http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_7192242,00.html

• niffnoff

Sep 21, 2011 at 2:55 PM

A most excellent win last night put me in a great mood after a terrible week or so. The only concern for me out of the entire match, was Elliot’s goal keeping. A few too many mistakes for my liking needs a harper lesson or two I think. Aside from that bring on Blackburn HWTL!!!!!!

• Tom_Toon

Sep 21, 2011 at 3:03 PM

Download for the new Fifa stats for all the prem players. Cabaye is our best on 80.

• scottoon

Sep 21, 2011 at 3:07 PM

Truly great start to the season. Remember it is results that count and there are no style points. We have not always looked like winning, but winning we are so long may it continue. Honestly, if you look at the fixtures list, we could continue in this vein for several more weeks yet.

From what I have seen of Marv so far, the lad deserves a place in the team. Someone else said that Jonas would keep his place as long as Raylor was at LB because he is so good at tracking back, and I agree this makes sense, but as soon as Santon is ready I would hope Marv gets his shot because in the cup matches so far he has been golden!

• Milking Mikes' bulging pockets

Sep 21, 2011 at 3:12 PM

I think we’ll be unchanged from the Villa match, for Blackburn. Ben Arfa and Marveaux on the bench.

Apparently, Abeid played really well last night, accurate passing and abundantly confident in possession.

Long may it continue. Hope we thrash Blackburn!

HTL!! 😀

• cg

Sep 21, 2011 at 3:14 PM

@Hemel Mag (15):
    haha, that’s pretty much the bible right there!

Insurance companies are bound to have some sort of Toon clause somewhere in their health departments. 🙂

• niafron

Sep 21, 2011 at 3:26 PM

Bonjour messieurs.

First, a message for Ed:

I hope you got good news about your health, cause France need you to perform a very important Task. If Montreuil, the birth place of Abeid is now in Algeria, you must quickly inform president Sarkozy the Algerian’s army now got a stronghold on the hills surrounding Paris.
    As some french people still believe Algerian war never ended and arabs are invaders, they will be pleased to learn that!

Ahah!

More seriously, i hope your fine, you do a great job on this blog.

• Kris

Sep 21, 2011 at 3:33 PM

Did someone see the game yeasterday? Please rate the players and give them a note!

• niafron

Sep 21, 2011 at 3:36 PM

Just watched the higlights lads. We got a great passing skill!
    Obi, Beni, Marvi, maybe Pard would look like Julius Caesar at the end of the season?

• planb

Sep 21, 2011 at 3:39 PM

Its refreshing to see we dont have any strength in depth thanks to under investment from our dear owner perch and elliot shocking.

• Kris

Sep 21, 2011 at 3:39 PM

I think we should play the team that played against Villa, they all played well by then and deserves a new chance! Hope Ben Arfa and Marveaux will get their chance during the game!

• scottoon

Sep 21, 2011 at 3:40 PM

Fantastic to see our French connection all contributing so much last night. Long may it continue.

• planb

Sep 21, 2011 at 3:42 PM

I hope the french like our winters or its going to be a winter of discontent for us!

• niafron

Sep 21, 2011 at 3:43 PM

Very likely we will play the same team. MArv was the only ptential Substitution, but he played 120 minutes yesterday.

Maybe Ben arfa if he’s really fit, but it sound unlikely.

• niafron

Sep 21, 2011 at 3:45 PM

@planb

Well in fact, winter is more rigourous in the north half of France than in England.

• STB

Sep 21, 2011 at 3:47 PM

We should all know by now not to get too ahead of ourselves. We build up expectations to come crashing down.

We’ve managed some excellent results and one good performance with endeavour & a bit of luck.

The defence is not as rock solid as our goal difference suggests. All teams (even Chumpionship) have created a fair amount of decent chances but have been wasteful.

Blackburn will set their stall out like at home against Arsenal and try to hit us either on the counter with quick breaks with Olsson, Hoillett etc or from set pieces where I do not see anyone of our CBs or strikers being able to handle Samba (especially not Staylor).

It will be hard work.

• planb

Sep 21, 2011 at 3:49 PM

It looked like two mediorce championship teams scrapping it out Pardew masterstroke playing Colo for 120 minutes i hope that decision doesnt result in an injury on saturday for the 30 year old