Mehdi Abeid Will Stay Patient For Next First Team Chance

One of the players who shone on Tuesday night at the City ground was 19 year old French central midfielder Mehdi Abeid.

Mehdi Abeid – in action for Newcastle

It shows us just how good Newcastle’s scouting team is that the club got his lad to Tyneside for nothing,  after he had been scouted playing for French club Lens.

And the way he played against Nottingham Forest shows he has everything it would seem to take,  to become a top player Newcastle.

Good players do the simple things very well, and hardly ever give the ball away, and that was just how Abeid played on Tuesday night, and certainly he has done himself no harm with Alan Pardew after his good performance.

Of course Newcastle have two top players in central midfield currently  in Yohan Cabaye and Cheick Tiote, and the two had their best game together last Saturday afternoon at Aston Villa,  when Newcastle were a little unlucky not to come away with all 3 points.

The skillful Frenchman played well in the Carling Cup on Tuesday, but he will still be lucky to make the bench tomorrow against Blackburn at home.

But it seems Alan Pardew has got through to  the top youngster,  and Mehdi is willing to stay patient for his chance in the Newcastle first team:

“I hope to play like everybody here, but if I don’t it is no problem.” “I will wait – I am really patient.”

“It is my dream to play at St James’ Park and I hope to play well this season.” “I hope to do well in my next game. I thought I did well, but I know I can do better.”

“I did nothing for one and a half weeks as I was injured, but I think I had a good game.” “I hope to be better for next week.”

“It was a big night. I enjoyed the moment, and I hope to play again and again with the first team – it is my dream.”

“I like the Newcastle fans.” “They love their football – it is a passion for them and that is good.” “I like that, and I hope to do well for the supporters this season.”

“I hope the team will do well and they will enjoy this season.”

The 19 year-old comes over really well in that interview, and the French U19 player is certainly one to watch very closely in the future.

What do you think?

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 23, 2011 at 2:36 PM

Jails to good for Ashley

• Meeks135

Sep 23, 2011 at 2:46 PM

Jail for Ashley

In what possible way is that relavent to the topic, team or anything that has been talked about over the past weeks?

If you have nothing to contribute, do exactly that.

On this topic, I watched him at Darlo and he seemed real quality, very confident for his age.

I hope he gets game time throughout the season in games that he is not under great amounts of pressure.

I for one am dead excited about the match tomorrow!

HWTL

• jamesnufc86

Sep 23, 2011 at 2:46 PM

hells to good for Ashley

• jamesnufc86

Sep 23, 2011 at 2:50 PM

Meeks135 i laughed at the first comment your one I yawned , who has made more of a contribution?

• toonheroes

Sep 23, 2011 at 3:13 PM

Jail for Ashley

pointless comment and no, not very funny really.

jamesnufc86

Well it seems that you are easily pleased and also easily bored. Not a sign of intelligence in my book.

on topic. I’m looking forward to the team selection and who’s on the bench for tomorrows game. We have so much creative talent in midfield it’s ridiculous. We could even try out Sammy as a striker at some point. I think he’d be great in that position. Wasn’t Henry a winger before he moved to Arsenal?

• AshtreeKid

Sep 23, 2011 at 3:18 PM

some people on here seem intent on talking about ashley the whole time whether its relevant or not… me personally I concentrate on team matters as you cant do anything to change the ownership situation no matter how much you like or dislike it.

• tooninspain

Sep 23, 2011 at 3:23 PM

jamesnufc86…..I presume you’re 25 years old. Try acting it. Meeks135 made a valid comment. Why doesn’t everyone give the Ashley baiting a rest? It does no good whatsoever. We don’t know everything that goes on at our club, so why don’t we just get behind the team, and enjoy our relative success while it lasts. It could be a lot worse…..we are better managed and run than our visitors tomorrow, Blackburn, for example.

• The Eternal Optimist

Sep 23, 2011 at 3:52 PM

yeah that Mike Ashley! what a loser, coming to the toon with a long term plan, us improving year on year with a fantastic academy, great scouting network and financial stability.

4th in the league? If we were ambitious like Liverpool and Sunderland we’d spend millions on overrated names and be er…. lower than fourth in the league.

And to think he’s had the cheek to kick out old, outspoken, overpaid players near 30 and brought better replacements in for less money. He should hang his head in shame! Woe is me due to Mike Ashley!

• Eastander

Sep 23, 2011 at 3:56 PM

So were werent ambitious during the summer apparently, which has led us to being a lowly fourth in the table and are disppointingly through to the next round of the cup.
    If only we had spent 10m on Brian Ruiz instead of keeping the strikers we have, i mean leon best with 3 in 4 is a terrible record compared to Ruiz really.

Absolute numpties! we have some special fans us like

• Thump

Sep 23, 2011 at 4:02 PM

The anti Ashley crowd is as bad as the apologists.

How about everybody shuts up and focuses on the football, eh?

• Hugh Jorgan

Sep 23, 2011 at 4:04 PM

Jail for Ashley/jamesnufc86
    If you’re going to make wise cracks, at least get your spelling and punctuation correct !
    Better still keep your puerile comments to yourself.

• toonheroes

Sep 23, 2011 at 4:08 PM

I think thats about told ’em now:-)

• WWJBD

Sep 23, 2011 at 4:08 PM

Got my ticket for tomorrows game today first match I am going to for this season and I am instantly upset that sportsdirect.com is advertised on the tickets now

For a ‘great businessman’ he knows bugger all about his customers or his target market

• boater

Sep 23, 2011 at 4:15 PM

Thump – ‘as bad as’…. oh yee of neutral perspective?

If you don’t like a comment, don’t respond -it’s an open forum. People can say what they want.

• Willo

Sep 23, 2011 at 4:16 PM

Back to the topic of the article please. Abeid played very well the other night. Good passes solid defensively and he looked the part. I’d love to see more of him in the Cups and he definitely looks one for the future.

• boater

Sep 23, 2011 at 4:17 PM

Willo – did you see the game?

• jamesnufc86

Sep 23, 2011 at 4:22 PM

Jesus , what a backlash , I was only joking! chill stress heads , I was only having a bit of banter

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 23, 2011 at 4:22 PM

Eaststander your the first person I’ve come across who admits to being special(in writing as well)

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 23, 2011 at 4:26 PM

Thanks jamesnufc and Boater cant believe the backlash just trying to have a bit o crack,

• toonheroes

Sep 23, 2011 at 4:29 PM

Well done Willo! Thats the first comment on the topic. Just goes to show we are all desperate for some footy action. 5:0 against Blackburn. HWTL

• WWJBD

Sep 23, 2011 at 4:29 PM

Humour is not allowed on this blog!

• boater

Sep 23, 2011 at 4:30 PM

Warning: banter can and will disrupt the flow of important business; such as endless team sheets, G. Carr eulogising, Shola bashing, Ramadan references, etc.

• chris_g

Sep 23, 2011 at 4:31 PM

@Jail for Ashley
    I don’t think Eastander was admitting to being special

I think he was referring to people like you 😉

• jamesnufc86

Sep 23, 2011 at 4:32 PM

Hugh Jorgan -Apologies, I shall model my future comments from your eloquent lead. Ill also look into my vocabulary and find out what words like “puerile” mean. you intelec you

• ardenTOON

Sep 23, 2011 at 4:34 PM

In the press for something positive at long last.

• Thump

Sep 23, 2011 at 4:34 PM

@boater: Who said I was neutral? I want to talk about the team and the article, not read a load of shite from people grinding their axes and trying to start arguments.

And yes, it is an open forum. The subject of each discussion is usually set by the article.

• AshtreeKid

Sep 23, 2011 at 4:35 PM

I dont really see what you said as banter? thought it was more of a statement unless I’m misreading the situation?

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 23, 2011 at 4:36 PM

So by way of my sincerest apologies I shall comment that,
    Jail would be very cruel and unfair for Mike Ashley.

• Thump

Sep 23, 2011 at 4:37 PM

@arden: I don’t like it when Whese Keys Louise is positive about us – makes me very uneasy lol

• joppadoni

Sep 23, 2011 at 4:42 PM

when the hell did she do that Thump?? O_o

• Hugh Jorgan

Sep 23, 2011 at 4:51 PM

Hi Jamesnufc86,
    It’s good to have a bit of banter !
    It’s all meant in fun.
    By the way puerile means juvenile !!

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 23, 2011 at 4:53 PM

I thought it was a type of milk,

• ardenTOON

Sep 23, 2011 at 5:00 PM

@thump: well most geordies here comment like the mackems so its refreshing when a mackem is positive 4 a change

• joppadoni

Sep 23, 2011 at 5:01 PM

well i just wanna get drunk, wake up at 2:30 tomorrow 😛
    why does time take so long QQ

• chris_g

Sep 23, 2011 at 5:01 PM

Jail for Ashley // Sep 23, 2011 at 4:36 PM

So by way of my sincerest apologies I shall comment that,
    Jail would be very cruel and unfair for Mike Ashley
    ———————
    So, by your own admission, there is no point to your continued existence!

Can we take it that you will now stop posting your puerile comments on this blog?

And if you don’t know what the word “puerile” means, ask jamesnufc86 because he’s going to look it up in his vocabulary! (or did he mean dictionary?)

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 23, 2011 at 5:07 PM

chris_g
    I think wishing to see me exterminated is going a bit far.

• joppadoni

Sep 23, 2011 at 5:10 PM

so… off topic, anyone heard about the neutrino that travelled faster than light?

personally i said a bigger wow to the new offer at KFC

• WWJBD

Sep 23, 2011 at 5:14 PM

Christ there is some pap posted on here at times. Surely being civil isnt that hard?

Whose all at the match tomorrow then?

• joppadoni

Sep 23, 2011 at 5:16 PM

got the bairns atm WWJBD so ill not be going they dont like the noise… little muppets