Jonas Gutierrez Upbeat About Newcastle Future

Jonas Gutierrez has given a few interviews in the last few days, and he certainly seems to be upbeat about Newcastle.

Jonas Gutierrez – enjoying life on Tyneside

Newcastle have really had a clear-out of the stars that got Newcastle promoted at the first attempt in the Championship a year or so ago, and did so well for Newcastle to cement their place in the Premier League last season.

Kevin Nolan, Andy Carroll, Jose Enrique and Joey Barton have all left Newcastle,  and Steve Harper and Alan Smith find it hard these days to even make the bench at Newcastle.

If  the Magpies  had been doing badly, there would have been lots of complaints that Newcastle had let their best players go, but the surprising thing is that the lads have done very well so far this season, and the team spirit seems to be as strong as ever.

Certainly Jonas Gutierrez is happy enough, even after losing one of the Three Amigos, Jose Enrique, with whom he had a great partnership down that left wing over the last three years:

“I am very happy with life because the club and the players are doing the right things,”  “The next game is a good opportunity to move even higher up the table. All the players are happy right now.”

“We do not care about the players who have left the club, the most important thing for us is the group who are here now.” “Some have left for different reasons.”

“We are happy for them because we know that is how football works but we have to think of the players who have stayed because they are more important to us.”

“We are focusing game by game and not thinking of those who have gone because we know when players leave it is a good opportunity for others.”  “I always say you never close the door because football is like that,”

“You can never say never because an opportunity might come along that is good for you and for the club. All I can say is I am happy, I am really enjoying playing for Newcastle. I am just focusing on this season.”

“I always want to play for Newcastle and I am really enjoying this season. Once the season started, we just focused on the team and the players still here.”

“All I am thinking about is Newcastle and the players in the dressing room. Nothing else. That is good for the new players who have come in and good for those who remain.”

Those are good words from Jonas, and of course having such a successful start to the season helps everything.

And now Newcastle just have to keep it up, and there must surely be a good chance to get their 4rd win in the league against Blackburn Rovers later today.

If the lads can do that, we’ll be absolutely flying!

Howay The Lads!!

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 24, 2011 at 10:24 AM

Jails to good for Ashley

• NotAGhostToon

Sep 24, 2011 at 10:27 AM

If Jails too good for ashley you might well want to change your name ay?

• niffnoff

Sep 24, 2011 at 10:27 AM

Upbeat…. he said he’d consider leaving for spain or italy in the Sun, it’s either he thinks he’s gonna be sold, or trying his way of getting a new contract….

• WWJBD

Sep 24, 2011 at 10:27 AM

Love Jonas a real grafter who doesnt get injured….we need to buy more Argentinians quite frankly made of steel it seems

• ~~San-Toon~~

Sep 24, 2011 at 10:29 AM

WWJBD, they are more expensive. Therefore Cashley wont deem it Good Value for Money.

• niffnoff

Sep 24, 2011 at 10:29 AM

@Jail for Ashley

no offence but posting your name or your opinion of him on an internet forum is about as useful as giving a lumberjack a spoon to knock a tree down. Get some common sense will you…

• Lee Dodd

Sep 24, 2011 at 10:31 AM

What we Need today is for Jonas to Score and to See The Spiderman Mask again as it Must Be very Dusty !!!!!

• WWJBD

Sep 24, 2011 at 10:32 AM

San Toon
    Yeah very true 🙁 Maybe some Mexicans? They arerelatively inexpensive and they have a real love for football there….but then again sending scouts to Mexico costs more than the Eurostar to France so we have no hope

• hainesy

Sep 24, 2011 at 10:32 AM

If Jonas goes we could just as easily find a cheap replacement. A young free lad from Argentina or Spain that doesn’t flap about as much and can still work the wings. We already have Marveaux on our books and we are making Fergy stronger for the future. Two left wingers is enough in my opinion. Benny can play left wing too if both of them are un-available. It may upset morale but I can see him going. Not really needed as much now. I would not like to see his last amigo leave though. Our captain leaving would be a no-go. I think Colo may have 2 or 3years left in a NUFC shirt before Ashley tries to cash in, give him a 10k a week contract or release him.

• WWJBD

Sep 24, 2011 at 10:33 AM

Lee
    If he puts his mask on he gets booked now a days I believe

• Dannyo

Sep 24, 2011 at 10:34 AM

Help us win today Jonas, and we’ll all be even more upbeat about the Newcastle future 😉

• ~~San-Toon~~

Sep 24, 2011 at 10:36 AM

I don’t think anybody wants to go into Mexico at the moment.

The Drug Cartel are on a killing spree….

Mexicans – prone to surprises, Average injury rate. I.E Hernandez.. A Risky Gamble.

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 24, 2011 at 10:37 AM

Buzzin about the game this afternoon will be at the back of the gallowgate makin some noise definitetly think there’ll be an improvement on the same game last year.HWTL

• ~~San-Toon~~

Sep 24, 2011 at 10:39 AM

We need to Penetrate the Japanese / South korean Market. Find the next Park Ji Sung, The next Keisuke Honda, the next Atsuto uchida. Should be cheap, and if we get a future star from there, the merchandising sales in itself should theoretically pay the wages of the players and the Scouting trips….

• WWJBD

Sep 24, 2011 at 10:41 AM

Tbf we are gambling when ever we bring in a player from another league its the scouts job to work out if they can adapt we have to have faith that they are good at their job

I think the Americas would be a good place for us to scout. MLS has some young hungry players who can be snaped up and the South Americas have some real quality flair players who can be relatively cheap if work permits can be recieved

Would also boost our global image

• WWJBD

Sep 24, 2011 at 10:43 AM

I agree on scouting the Asian market as well though I would say they are more risky than the Americas as the general standard of football is lower and there is a bigger culture shock to the players coming over

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 24, 2011 at 10:43 AM

Niffnoff
    Like your analogy,but I took the name after KK resigned and dont think I can change it,and besides that I really do think jail would be far to kind for Ashley

• Marty-Toon

Sep 24, 2011 at 10:54 AM

Great that Nelson and Dunn are out today although Gamst Pedersen is available again is scary but he wo`t start i think.
    Samba,Roberts and Yakubu are the ones to watch for me.They give them speed and Power in Set plays.
    I reckon we have enough for em today and don`t reckon our optimism will have any sort of jinx on us.
    Bout time we beat em after 6 years like.
    Lets kick some HOOP 🙂

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 24, 2011 at 10:54 AM

WWJBD
    Have you filled up your hipflask yet ?

• GeordieToon89

Sep 24, 2011 at 10:57 AM

just sorted me Fantasy league out cant wait to smash some points in the back of the net haha

• GeordieToon89

Sep 24, 2011 at 10:58 AM

also gave Cabaye his first start of the season

• niffnoff

Sep 24, 2011 at 11:01 AM

@GeordieToon89

You are kidding right?
    Cabaye… first start… of the season….

So did I miss something in the Arsenal, Sunderland, Scunthorpe, QPR and Aston Villa games?

• belter99

Sep 24, 2011 at 11:11 AM

What you get from Jonas is a 110% which is exactly the kind of player we need at this moment. He seems to be te link between the skilful players like Barfa and Cabaye and our more robust players such as Taylor and Collo.

Anyway a bit off subject…

…This may sound like a wind up but I honestly think Ashley is starting to make shrewd decisions over the past 12 months. In another 2-3 seasons this will become more apparent and more and more fans will realise this. When other teams are looking into a black hole of debt we will be miles in front of the game and teams will be looking to follow our business model.

This is just my opinion though and I realise it’s not shared by half the fans.

In Pardew we trust!!!

HWTL’s

• colwell

Sep 24, 2011 at 11:24 AM

Anyone else think that Ben Arfa should of been allowed to take the penalty at Forest, Lovenkrands wasn`t having none of it. Loven was lucky aswell but Benny`s been out so long Loven should of been less of a d#*k and let him take it.

• ginkoh

Sep 24, 2011 at 11:25 AM

You will surprise if you know how much Newcastle popular in Asia. Especially in Thailand, It’s football crazy around the country. Even more than 90% are Liverpool and ManU fan, Newcastle is one of the most popular team here. Pls start with NUFC channel I’m so bore with ManUTV,ChelseaTV etc…

It’s good idea to present our team to Asia and I think it will good for long-term and make club to world-wide too.

• WWJBD

Sep 24, 2011 at 11:43 AM

JfA
    Not yet mate but I will 😉 I take good advice

• WWJBD

Sep 24, 2011 at 11:44 AM

Kuqi on soccer am showboat haha class

• ~~San-Toon~~

Sep 24, 2011 at 11:50 AM

whats starting to irritate me is how ever since the Arsenal game some Blackburn fans have suddenly been saying

“Yeah we have been scoring lots of goals… Just conceding more….”.

2 of the goals in the Arsenal game where own goals ffs.

They have only scored 1 more then us so far in the EPL….

• cupiddstunt

Sep 24, 2011 at 11:50 AM

Colwell the fact he put it in the net shows to me that he was right to be possessive about the penalty,

I think it also shows a great desire to score goals regardless of how and that is a good thing for any of our forwards.

When I was at school some 50 years ago I was taught a double negative is a positive so your comment of “ Lovenkrands wasn`t having none of it really means he was having some of it which makes no sense really.

• ~~San-Toon~~

Sep 24, 2011 at 11:52 AM

Personally I don’t fancy buying players from America…. can’t explain why…. I just don’t think its good value for money :/

• WWJBD

Sep 24, 2011 at 11:55 AM

Before the match players are told who will take pens, Loven was obviously on pens how can you complain about it?

Fair play to Hatem wanting it but you can’t complain he didn’t take it

• Dannyo

Sep 24, 2011 at 11:56 AM

Anyone ever been on skype with nufcfans/stl-broadcast?
    Was just asked through twitter.

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 24, 2011 at 11:57 AM

A lot of talk about Leon Best,it would be great to see Ba get a goal today.

• WWJBD

Sep 24, 2011 at 11:58 AM

Blackburn are comedy value! Can’t wait for their 12 fans chanting today!

Haha fair play mate but I disagree on that one. I think USA Mexico Argentina Chile Brazil and the like have some gems just waiting to be uncovered and play in the mighty black and white 😉

• Dannyo

Sep 24, 2011 at 11:58 AM

@Jail for Ashley
    Agree 100%, hope he gets a goal today, and Cabaye aswell.
    Need it to step up the confidence a bit and take it to the next level 🙂

• wynsleap

Sep 24, 2011 at 11:59 AM

belter99 @ 22 – so you think the likes of Chelsea, Manure, Man City, Liverpool etc are going to be down the pan in two or three seasons do you?
    Dream on man.
    They’ll still be winning things while Ashley is still trying to “balance the books” (whilst NOT winning things).

• hitman

Sep 24, 2011 at 11:59 AM

someone on here put a HD link up of the game last week,any chance you could put the link back up..

cheers

• GeordieToon89

Sep 24, 2011 at 12:00 PM

Jail for Ashley – agree mate Ba really needs a goal to really kick start his career at us, although a dont really care who scores aslong as we win a would like to see Ba get a goal today will help him massively

• GeordieToon89

Sep 24, 2011 at 12:00 PM

btw lads, we are number 13 in the league cup draw

• GeordieToon89

Sep 24, 2011 at 12:01 PM

ad be happy with basically any home draw