To Play For Newcastle Means Everything To Me

Ryan Taylor has done a fine job,  filling in at the left back so far this season.

The two Taylors  after Ryan scored the winner at Sunderland

But don’t tell that to Ryan, because it’s his intention to play just as many games as possible for Newcastle this season, in any position he can get a game.

We always knew that Ryan wants to play many games for Newcastle, and he was never happy when he was not starting, because he’s one of those players who just wants to play as much as possible, and there’s nothing wrong with that.

And since he arrived two years last January from Wigan Athletic, the Liverpudlian has made only 61 appearances for the Magpies, but scored 8 goals, and many of those goals were from free kicks and he’s scored some great goals for Newcastle.

And not surprisingly, Ryan is determined to make it very difficult for 20 year-old Italian Davide Santon, to take the left back position away from him anytime soon.

Davide will play for the Reserves tomorrow at Swansea, and he could well make the bench at Wolves, if he comes through that game with no ill effects to his right knee.

Santon was brought to Newcastle on the second last day of the transfer market in August, for just over £5M from Inter Milan, and he’s already played 7 times for his country, and is currently captain of the Italy U21 side – so he’s a good player.

This is what Ryan Taylor told the Newcastle press today:

“I want to play as many as many games as I can for this club, as I want to repay them,”   “I didn’t play a lot of football last season, and every game’s special for me, as I’ve had a lot of injuries in the past.”

“To play for a club of this stature means everything to me. If I’m playing, I’m happy. If it means playing left-back, left midfield or anywhere, I’ll always give everything I can.”

“This year could be the year – we’ve got to give it a good go,”

We always thought that Ryan’s best position was out on the right wing, but Gabriel Obertan is playing very well out there at the moment, but it tells you something of Ryan Taylor’s character and temperament  that he’s more than willing to play anywhere for the Newcastle first team.

There’s no doubt that Ryan Taylor is a top class professional, and it seems that Alan Pardew has taken a bit of a shining to the 27 year-old too – so we’ll just have to see how Santon does, and when he can force himself into the Newcastle first team.

Maybe that will be at right back?

• SincerelySamuel

Sep 27, 2011 at 12:59 PM

crackin lad great attitude a genuine footballer not just a player

• ~~San-Toon~~

Sep 27, 2011 at 1:00 PM

He deserves to be in the First team. When Santon comes back, then Surely Raylor should take over at Right back…

• Cockney Magpie

Sep 27, 2011 at 1:01 PM

I think all we need is a new rb another back up cb another good winger and another good striker and we will have a team that can comptete for 4th, we r 4 players away from the champs league imo

• Cockney Magpie

Sep 27, 2011 at 1:04 PM

Best team fully fit

———-Krul———-
    Sim-colo-tayl-sant
    ——cab—tiote—–
    BenA————marv
    ——–ba—best——

• WWJBD

Sep 27, 2011 at 1:05 PM

Decent player top class attitude

Deserving of starting 11 is the issue and imo he probably isn’t unfortunatly

Great to have knocking around the squad though

• AMEOBI

Sep 27, 2011 at 1:08 PM

Great attitude, Simmo he’s coming to grab your place

• Cockney Magpie

Sep 27, 2011 at 1:09 PM

I would absolutely love us to try and persuade agbonlahor to come here, he would be perfect

• catchy in norway

Sep 27, 2011 at 1:10 PM

ameobi

to right, id have in place of simpson at rb

• SwedishMagpie

Sep 27, 2011 at 1:10 PM

play him as right back when santon is back ! I think he is better than simpson and we need his freekicks 😛

• Cockney Magpie

Sep 27, 2011 at 1:13 PM

People sayin he should replace simpson, I have to say I dnt agree wing backs need to be quick and raylor just isn’t, don’t get me wrong I like the guy but I jus cannot see him being anythin more than back up

• Cockney Magpie

Sep 27, 2011 at 1:15 PM

Its a shame we didn’t grab kyle walker before spurs realised how good he really is

• catchy in norway

Sep 27, 2011 at 1:17 PM

was gary nevel quick?

i tend to think as long as you can defend, and help winger do his job

• AMEOBI

Sep 27, 2011 at 1:19 PM

Cockney I think you’re wrong mate, raylor is really good in RB, he may still be there if he didn’t get that red card he got

• Milking Mikes' bulging pockets

Sep 27, 2011 at 1:34 PM

lee_ryder Lee Ryder
    Just hearing that ink is drying on a new contract for Jonas #nufc

Wow, totally unexpected! 😀

• Milking Mikes' bulging pockets

Sep 27, 2011 at 1:39 PM

• SincerelySamuel

Sep 27, 2011 at 1:41 PM

lee_ryder Lee Ryder
    Just hearing that ink is drying on a new contract for Jonas #nufc

• Cockney Magpie

Sep 27, 2011 at 1:42 PM

Catchy and AMEOBI, I hear what you are sayin but gary nevilla was a world class defender, raylor is very average imo as is simpson but simpson has the speed to catch up with a quick winger where as raylor doesn’t.

Isn’t this nice by the way lol we have different opinions and we are calmly debating them, instead of throwin insults at eachother, I think its a 1st for the site lol

• Offkey

Sep 27, 2011 at 1:42 PM

delighted with that news

• SincerelySamuel

Sep 27, 2011 at 1:42 PM

well that is some spiffing news it really has been a great 4 days to be a geordie we win they lose spidey stay

yay 😀

• Cockney Magpie

Sep 27, 2011 at 1:45 PM

Doesn’t that take jonas until he is 31? I’m surprised they offered him that! Happy but surprised!

• niafron

Sep 27, 2011 at 1:45 PM

Bonjour messieurs.

I think Raylor will be usefull as a defensive midfield. We will need him when Tioté will play for his national team.

• niffnoff

Sep 27, 2011 at 1:46 PM

That’s excellent news, Marv and Guti will be rotated once frenchy sly is fully match fit (I know he’s close but 14 or so months no footie will still have it’s wear and tear on you)

• niffnoff

Sep 27, 2011 at 1:47 PM

@niafron

I thought that but then I remembered, we got gosling or guthrie who can play there

• SincerelySamuel

Sep 27, 2011 at 1:47 PM

to be fair to Marv his 2 games so far hes played 120mins in both of them i think definately did in his 1st one against scunny i think he is ready when needed

• niafron

Sep 27, 2011 at 1:49 PM

OK, someone asked me a translation of this:

Give me 15 minutes, i’m working on it.

• nimo

Sep 27, 2011 at 1:49 PM

Dont need his set pieces – cabaye .. ben arfa.. dont nees his lack of pace… has poor positional sense as a rb or lb… His best pos is rm which i cant see him ever getting… great squad member whos heart is in the right place

• niffnoff

Sep 27, 2011 at 1:50 PM

@SS

Fair point, I wonder what will happen when santon plays, I reckon once he plays guti will go to his favoured right then obertan will play left rotating with marv, you got so many options it gives me a headache!

• Sir Alan

Sep 27, 2011 at 1:50 PM

I think Jonas is the type of player that can play until he is 30+. He has phenominal work rate and great pace and strength. I think he has been one of our best players in the past few years and certainly one of most consistent. His shooting and crossing is woeful though.

• Milking Mikes' bulging pockets

Sep 27, 2011 at 1:50 PM

Takes him until he is 33, I believe. That’s what you get, when you’re a recognised, grafting pro, with zero baggage.

His stamina means there’ll be no dip in output even if he is with us ’til then. They’re invincible, these Argies!

Great news! 😀

• SincerelySamuel

Sep 27, 2011 at 1:53 PM

i think jonas will stay on the left and marveaux and Obertan will battle it out and whoever is injured / suspended / played in cups long story short im glad it aint my decision what a wonderful headache for pardew we are no longer lacking a game changing bench were just lacking enough seats on sed bench

• spitfire_

Sep 27, 2011 at 1:53 PM

Now is Colo’s turn till 2014 and if he continue with good games, more 1-2 years.

• Milking Mikes' bulging pockets

Sep 27, 2011 at 1:55 PM

Aaaah, remember Jonas’ debut? He ripped Man U on a few occasions, that day.

Genuinely nice bloke, always smiling.

• Milking Mikes' bulging pockets

Sep 27, 2011 at 1:57 PM

Definitely think that increases the chances, of Colo being handed a similar deal, too. 🙂

• catchy in norway

Sep 27, 2011 at 1:58 PM

@niffnoff

from the previous post

your defending him them again, it has been proved many times that he/they lie and change there minds about just about everything,,

this does not mean we have not done well with the players brought in, but come on,, 7 month to get a good cf to replace carroll, you carnt tell me that those bids going in on the last day wernt panic bids??,,,

• SincerelySamuel

Sep 27, 2011 at 2:00 PM

worth keeping hold off just for this Jonas is a Geordie FACT heres the proof

• niffnoff

Sep 27, 2011 at 2:02 PM

@catchy.

Dude, I can say my opinion, if you don’t like it please reference the fact I could care less. I believe AC has already been replaced. Demba Ba, Leon Best hell even lovenkrands has scored more than AC already has at cesspool.

I don’t believe any of our signings were panics. If anything they may have saved this club, and if you think they are panic buys, please go and join the negative doom mongers bandwagon I hear they nit pick every game on some other forum.

• GeordieToon89

Sep 27, 2011 at 2:03 PM

delighted that Jonas has signed a new deal all we need now is for the board to get Colo tied up and a really hope they do, if he continues playing the way he is he surely must get called up to Argentina again imo he’s been best defender in the league this season

• MarkBro

Sep 27, 2011 at 2:04 PM

I love Raylors attitude, just not sure about his play 🙂

Defo worth keeping tho, great squad memver

• GeordieToon89

Sep 27, 2011 at 2:04 PM

I agree with niffnoff good points made in your last post 36 mate

• MarkBro

Sep 27, 2011 at 2:05 PM

@GeordieToon89

when did Jonas sign a new deal?

excellent news