Wolves 1 Newcastle 2 – Video Highlights

Here are the highlights of today’s game when Newcastle beat Wolves 2-1 at Molineaux.

• Dannyo

Oct 1, 2011 at 6:06 PM

HOWAY THE LADS!!

• BiffBaffBoff

Oct 1, 2011 at 6:10 PM

After 7 games last season we had lost 4 and were only on 7 points!

Also in the same fixtures that we’ve played this season, excluding QPR, we were on 4 points from the 6 games. Where as this season we’ve managed to get 14 points against the very same teams!

• Dannyo

Oct 1, 2011 at 6:14 PM

@ilovetoon8788

I can understand the Guthrie for Ba swap, but then i’d rather use Ben Arfa. Ben Arfa is a game changer, and i could have relieved the pressure from Wolves by having them run back and defend some of our offensive play.
    Wolves was a wounded animal tho, lost 3 on the trot (i think), they had nothing to lose and everything to gain. No matter what they’d gone with 8 man in attack those 10-15 minutes to grab that vital point.
    I actually doubt that ANY subs would’ve made a difference.
    Subbing Santon on, ye, i can see your point, but he’s well unproven, and giving him a debut against that kind of pressure is really sink or swim. And coming back from an injury, being new in the team, and not even able to communicate, might have made matters worse both for player and for the team.

I really don’t see what we could’ve done different. We were basically bullied by Wolves in the last 15, i feared they’d do that the entire match, but we we’re capitalizing on our chances and that helped us be confident passing the ball.
    Only luck we’ve had these first 7 games is the ref disallowing that goal against us in injury time.

• Thump

Oct 1, 2011 at 6:16 PM

@Dannyo: Lover for Ba. Guthrie for Cabaye.

• Dannyo

Oct 1, 2011 at 6:19 PM

@Thump
    I’m replying to ilovetoon on a question posted in the last thread 😉 I asked what he’d do differently.

• murvar

Oct 1, 2011 at 6:23 PM

I don’t think we can get too precious about how we win games such as these, which are the ones that gets us towards safety – if we then get points against the so-called top teams that’s what pushes us on towards the top 7 at season-end. We all have views about which subs, but what nobody points out is that the manager has more info about his squad than we do – who is carrying a niggle, who looked out of sorts in training, and who is best suited to do a particular job for him. It worked – just – and he should only be criticised when it doesn’t! For what it’s worth I would have had Guthrie on for Ba and Sameobi for Obertan just to run into corners – but what do I know? I’m just a blog poster. Do I really think that I know better than an experienced manager who knows his players much better than I do?? It’s easy to say what should be done when you don’t have the responsibility for living with the consequences of your decisions.

• Thump

Oct 1, 2011 at 6:24 PM

Ah okay. In which case I agree – 5 man midfield.

Also no Lovenkrands.

• Dannyo

Oct 1, 2011 at 6:28 PM

I think many people at the start of this would be happy if we managed a draw. Now these people are angry we didn’t win more convincingly.
    We are not a top 4 team, we’ll stay there for as long as we can manage, but we’re NOT a top 4 team. Not in the long run.
    I couldn’t predict a result on this, it’s too dodgy a team to play. If we would have lost, i would have settled with that. But we bloody won, we withstood the pressure at the end, and we won.
    Best start in 17 years lads, and 9 games unbeaten…
    Should say it all really.

• Dannyo

Oct 1, 2011 at 6:30 PM

@Thump
    In all honesty, i thought 4-5-1 was goin to be our way of playing this season. But Best and Ba won’t have it, lol.

• Thump

Oct 1, 2011 at 6:31 PM

I could watch Jonas’ goal all day every day.

• shearer4pm

Oct 1, 2011 at 6:34 PM

anybody else impressed with tiotes card count this season, getting better

• geordieupontyne

Oct 1, 2011 at 6:34 PM

i thought HBA could be a better replacement.if he’s still unfit he shouldn’t be in the bench.if he is fit then why should he not play such a highly tensed game.its the premier league.besides,all our fears for him was him coming back from an injury.even if he was 110% fit what guarantees do we have that he wont get hurt in the future.none of us thought Ba would hurt himself rite?it is in these crunch matches that we NEED our best.c’mon had it not been for the linesman our opinions would be far different from what we say now,

• Dannyo

Oct 1, 2011 at 6:40 PM

Ye, that Jonas goal was a bit “Messiesque”, lol. Was a strong, strong run, he passed 3-4 players and that got it in.
    Immense goal that.

• Jesus1983

Oct 1, 2011 at 6:45 PM

I dread to think what you guys are like when we lose games!

• Dai

Oct 1, 2011 at 6:56 PM

Any of the top teams would take an away win at Wolves any day of the week.

We played well and deserved the points.

It’s so nice seeing the team playing as a unit, with a togetherness I haven’t seen in a long time.

I actually thought before the game….”this is a game we should win”. Now when was the last time we could say that.

Impressed and sort of pleased Pardew didn’t risk Benny, although I do think his substitutions are a bit questionable at times. (Lovenkrands !!!)

Still, great result and 2 weeks to get everyone fit and raring to go.

It’s a good day !!

• Geordiedoonsooth

Oct 1, 2011 at 7:25 PM

FFS people we are unbeaten so far sit 3rd top 2 points in front of Chelsea (ok they have a game in hand but it isn’t a given that they will beat Bolton) and everyone is moaning.Give credit were it is due Pardew & his tsfaf have done a great job so far this season. We were tipped to go down and we now have 15 points only 35 points needed from 31 games and we are safe. Get real and enjoy it while we are unbeaten

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 1, 2011 at 7:33 PM

Didnt get to watch or listen to the game today as I’m back in the middle of the sea for two weeks,but it sounds as though we were under the cosh,I dont think people should be to harsh on the lads and Pards as,as Danyo pointed out we arent yet a top four team and should be just enjoying the moment ,and probably the stupidest comment that Ive probably seen in three or four years of reading this blog is
    ”we need to lose a game to make us wake up”
    dont you think a lucky draw or win would be a far better way to wake up.