Gosling To Go Out On Loan – Lovenkrands To Fight For His Place

Both Peter Lovenkrands and Dan Gosling played in the Reserves 3-0 win at Bolton last night.

Dan Gosling – going out on loan spell

Dan hasn’t made the bench at Newcastle in the last couple of games, and he must be desperate to get his career back on track again, after returning from a terrible knee injury he picked up at Woves a year last March, when playing for Everton.

And there is news that Doncaster Rovers’ new boss, Dean Saunders,  is keen to get Gosling, as Newcastle have presumably decided to send him out on loan to get some first team games.

It seems that Alan Pardew is now looking to get Dan fixed up at some Championship club, and maybe the loan spell initially will be until January, but it’s very important that Dan gets regular games right now.

Peter Lovenkrands is another player who has been unable to get much playing time this season at Newcastle.

But 31 year-old Løvenkrands is willing to stay at Newcastle and wait for his chance, and when he gets it, impress the manager, which he did at Nottingham Forest with two good goals.

This is what the 22 times Danish International (one goal) said today about waiting for his chance:

“That’s the way it is. It’s good. Even though I did well at Nottingham Forest I knew I probably wasn’t going to start on the Saturday because the other two (Leon Best and Demba Ba) had done fantastic.”

“You just need to wait for your chance and when it comes try to take it as best you can.” “It’s not the first time I’ve been in this situation so I know what to do. I hope if I get my chance again I’ll grab it like I normally do.”

“You’re dying to show yourself what you can do. I know what I can do and I’ve proved what I can do, so I know if I’m called upon I’m ready. Nobody can get to me when I get on. I’m just trying to concentrate as much as I can on the team.

“If we get three points, it doesn’t matter who plays.”

Good words from Peter, and of course he is a first class professional, and Alan Pardew has to be pleased he has an experienced player like Peter, only too willing to bide his time, as he waits for another chance in the first team.

And Lovenkrands seems very willing to see out his contract at Newcastle, and of course he showed at Nottingham Forest that he can still score those goals.

The two players are at different stages of their careers,  and first team games for 21 year-old Dan Gosling are of vital importance, and we have to hope that Dan plays well while out on loan, and comes back to Newcastle to fight for his first team place again.

Comments welcome.

• sweendog

Oct 5, 2011 at 10:01 AM

good player .. needs 1st team games so this is a good shout

• sweendog

Oct 5, 2011 at 10:02 AM

maybe he should be played at RB .. did very well for Everton there

• SpaceGhost

Oct 5, 2011 at 10:04 AM

Pardew beginning to impress me slowly but surely. Top man management skills. Hate to say this, but maybe Hughton’s dismissal was correct. Chris took us up & I’ll never forget that but Pardew have taken NUFC to the next level.

• Stuart

Oct 5, 2011 at 10:06 AM

Im sure I heard somewhere he didnt like playing at RB although he can like sweendog.

I hope if this is true that its no longer than a 2 month loan with a recall clause like. He needs the first team games to get his fitness and sharpness back after his injury, but I would hope that he can be recalled if hes needed.

Although if it were up to me I’d be playing him ahead of Guthrie anyway.

• SpaceGhost

Oct 5, 2011 at 10:10 AM

Gosling going on loan is the best news this week for me. I strongly believe this move will benefit the player & our club. Although I wish he’d go to Birmingham. Chris could def use someone like Dan in his squad.

• AndyMac

Oct 5, 2011 at 10:28 AM

As for Loven he’s just not Premiership quality I’m afraid. Forest and Bolton Reserves are about his level imho. Archie’s comment on his performance at Wolves on Saturday just about summed it up.

“Peter Lovenkrands – Came on after 70 minutes and actually got a glimpse of the ball as the ref carried it off at full time”.

• alext109

Oct 5, 2011 at 10:37 AM

Though I think that Gosling should be given his chance, our midfield partnership of Cabaye and Tiote has been very strong so far this season.

Gosling going out on loan will obviously give him games that he wont get here and obviously match fit to slot into midfield when Tiote goes to ACoN.

• Trent Toon

Oct 5, 2011 at 10:39 AM

@AndyMac

Well considering no one saw the ball in last 20 for us. You can’t blame lovenkrands. He has proved he is a premier league player, and think hes great a a squad player to come on time and time again and get a goal or two.

• North Atlantic Magpie

Oct 5, 2011 at 10:55 AM

Gosling is so much better than Guthrie.

• OttersPocket

Oct 5, 2011 at 10:58 AM

Good move, similar to Ramsey/Arsenal last season just back from long injury, sruggled to get back in team due to match fitness/confidence, sent on loan to Champ and came back and was first team for rest of season.

On another note rumours Colo to sign extension on same wages. Fantastic news if true.

• geordie.In.Taipei

Oct 5, 2011 at 11:21 AM

Gosling was a regualr in the premier with Everton, and he’s had a few games for newcastle, although dogged by injury, i cant see him going out on loan but if he does i doubt he’d be happy about it considering he is a premiership player. I know that cabeye and tiote have the midfield tied up, but an injury or a suspension can open that spot up for him if he works hard. And Marvuex and Arfa will get the same chance with the wings and upfront. I dont reckon this story is for real.

• Pards28

Oct 5, 2011 at 11:22 AM

This is awful news for me as I got Gosling on my home shirt. I thought he would play after his performences on the America pre season tour.

• Brutooon

Oct 5, 2011 at 11:29 AM

can we go for one or two month only? because we got lots of fixtures in December