Newcastle Captain – We Will Try Our Best To Beat Tottenham

Fabricio  Coloccini is turning out to be a good and appropriate captain for Newcastle.

Newcastle captain Fabricio Coloccini

Fab is a low key guy, but also a modest type of player, who does his talking on the field of play, and his type of captaincy for some reason seems to fit in nicely with the new Newcastle.

Alan Pardew and the Newcastle scouts have managed to bring in seven new players in the summer, and they seem not only to be good players but very solid characters too.

And in retrospect the summer transfer window was a successful one for Newcastle, even though they missed out on a top striker to replace the departed Mr. Carroll on that frustrating last day.

Yohan Cabaye, Mehdi Abeid, Demba Ba, Sylvain Marveaux, Gabriel Obertan, Davide Santon and Rob Elliot can all do a job for Newcastle.

Certainly it will be  a major test of the Newcastle side, and captain Coloccini had this to say today to the local press:

“I think it’s a big game. The fans can enjoy things at the moment, they can look forward to the way things are going on the pitch,”

“We will try our best to beat Tottenham. If we can then it will be a big win for us so we must give it our very best.” “I always knew my capacity and what I could do,”

“I was not worried when things did not happen straight away but, to be honest, I never expected it to be this good.” “I am enjoying it more than ever at Newcastle. I am very happy that I’m making the fans happy.”

Fabricio has been in top form for Newcastle this season, and only yesterday he was voted the Newcastle United Disabled Supporters’ Association Player of the Year. And that goes with the 34 times capped Argentine also picking up the North East Player of the Year award.

Those awards are well deserved from a player who seems intent only on playing well and consistently for Newcastle, and he doesn’t let much else get in the way.

Sounds very good to us, and  let’s sign Colo up to a two year contract extension, and the sooner the better.

• Toonboy_83

Oct 8, 2011 at 4:43 PM

His English is still very poor…

• cyprus

Oct 8, 2011 at 4:58 PM

If his French is good then we’re ok 🙂

• brklyngeordie

Oct 8, 2011 at 4:58 PM

I know the tottenham game is a game we are all looking forward to but i believe unlike most i am real optimistic about getting the 3pts and believe the home field will play a big part and give our lads that extra incentive to make us proud…i was playing FIFA the other day and was talking to a Spuds fan and he proposed me with the question of do i think we have anyone who can be in the spuds starting 11? I replied yes Cabaye, Tiote, Jonas, Taylor, Colo, Krul and am not short on confidence with the rest of our lads but believe most others wouldnt back me but hey maybe im a little bias ; ) anyhow that cockney bastard ruffled my feathers with the disrespect he had for our squad and can not wait for sunday… Howay The Lads!!!!!!

• Milking Mikes' bulging pockets

Oct 8, 2011 at 5:15 PM

Cabaye having a scan. His own words: “It was a big pain, and I fear ligaments could have been damaged.”

• Indian Magpie

Oct 8, 2011 at 5:25 PM

how long does it to take to recover from ligament damage

• nufc90

Oct 8, 2011 at 5:28 PM

has this been translated correctly to skysports?
    matt spiro said he spoke to cabaye last night and he didn’t seem too worried

mattspiro Matt Spiro
    Had a chat with Cabaye after France game. Doesnt seem to worry about ankle injury. Cant stop saying positive things about Newcastle!

• nufc90

Oct 8, 2011 at 5:38 PM

can’t find anything on l’equipe with them quotes

• Milking Mikes' bulging pockets

Oct 8, 2011 at 5:42 PM

Maybe it’s Sky being cu nts. Usually the basis they operate on.

• eaststandgeordie1982

Oct 8, 2011 at 5:45 PM

I think we can beat spuds weve got a better team than last season and we wernt at full strength against them last season at home and we should of had atleast 4 before they did score! im very confident we can get all 3 points weve got a very good record against the spuds bring them on and the whole world can watch us destroy them all the people who thought we would be at the bottom all season will be left scratching their empty heads

HTL

• ilovetoon8788

Oct 8, 2011 at 5:47 PM

Ahh.. If Cabaye is out for the Spurs game we might be in for a long long game. Gosling and Tiote in the middle it will be.

• nufc90

Oct 8, 2011 at 6:06 PM

Cabaye is desperate to play his part and told the French Football Federation’s official website: “I hope I will be fit for Tuesday and that this game does not pass me by.

“My left ankle got stamped on. I didn’t want to take the risk and came off.

“I will have tests, I don’t know whether it is a sprain or a bad bruise but it was very painful and I couldn’t carry on like that.”

seems sky have been lost in translation again, probably p***ed they can’t rave about rooney being a “model pro”

• DarloGeordie

Oct 8, 2011 at 6:13 PM

Cant believe im missing our best start to the season in a very long time but lads……. THAILAND rules!!!!

• wingspan

Oct 8, 2011 at 6:20 PM

really happy i came on here because i was really worried when i read the sky sports article!! I hope u guys are right!

@ilovetoon will never be gosling and tiote mate. Either Guthrie or HBA. Maybe both! tho wud be harsh to drop one of the strikers we need to boss the midfield with Modric and Parker inthere.

My Team:
    ——————-Krul———————-
    Simpson — Colo —- Tayls—– Santon
    ——————-Tiote———————
    ——–Cabaye———-Ben Arfa——–
    Obertan————————-Jonas—-
    ——————-Ba———————–
    Harsh on Raylor but i dont think hes quick enough to deal with the spurs wingers. And wud be tempted to bring in marv but wouldnt want to change a wiinning team too much.

Anyway thats my contribution. Thanks again for cheering me up about Dreamboat Cabaye!

• BigKirky

Oct 8, 2011 at 6:54 PM

Thanks for posting those quotes nufc90.

If he’s hopeful of playing on Tuesday he’ll be more than hopeful for Sunday.

• alip123

Oct 8, 2011 at 7:37 PM

With regards to the footy guys, I would keep the same team unless there are injuries. The one change I would make is perhaps dropping Obertan, but everyone else in the team deserves their place on merit.
    A lot of people are suggesting dropping Ba or Best for HBA. I respect your opinion, guys and see where you’re coming from but both have played very well for us. The Spurs defence is quite weak, so if we can win the midfield battle we have a chance. If Cabaye plays with Tiote I think they will relish the battle.
    Personally, I would take a draw, but if we lose I hope none of the Neggars start complaining here!

• Benton Toon Exile

Oct 8, 2011 at 7:45 PM

The French have a history for not protecting the players….Expect Cabaye to play on Tuesday and come back crocked!

Love to see us stuff the Yids and shut jowley chops big gob!

• DJM TOON

Oct 8, 2011 at 8:03 PM

liam 85… thanks for the link fella… reckon you can do that for every match??

• Thump

Oct 8, 2011 at 8:48 PM

What was said (excuse the Chrome translation lol): http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/breves2011/20111008_002238_cabaye-rami-et-evra-touches.html

The victory against the Blues Friday night obtained Albania (3-0) has left its mark. The most worrying is that Yohan Cabaye. ” He tried in the second half but his ankle was no longer valid , “regretted Laurent Blanc citing the case of the Newcastle player who was hit in the first period. The former Lille fears and believes that a sprained ligaments are affected. Patrice Evra and Adil Rami have suffered injuries in the thigh. ” We changed Patrice Evra at half-time because it feels a touch behind the thigh, said White. It’s the same Adil Rami. (…) One point will be made ??Saturday or Sunday instead . “

No direct quotes. None at all.

(cont.)

• Thump

Oct 8, 2011 at 8:50 PM

What Cabaye said: http://www.sports.fr/cmc/football/201140/cabaye-est-satisfait-de-la-performance-des-bleus_404413.html

You are out quickly that happened?

I run over the ankle and I got very badly. I do not know if it’s a sprain or a big bruise. I will do tests tomorrow (Saturday, ed) but it was very painful. I do prefer to take risks and go out to treat me.

Obviously he said “I don’t prefer to take risks” but Chrome is not the best at translations haha.

It sounds more like a sprain but without seeing the match, it’s difficult to say. Either way, he’s getting a scan as a precaution. Let’s just keep our feet on the ground, eh?

• AMEOBI

Oct 8, 2011 at 9:31 PM

Is match on tv on sunday/saturday?

• Kris

Oct 8, 2011 at 9:57 PM

He is defo good enough for Argentina! He and Samuel would be a cracking partnership, just like he has with Steven:D

• gorgonzola

Oct 8, 2011 at 10:10 PM

“Toonboy_83 // Oct 8, 2011 at 4:43 PM

His English is still very poor…”

Don´t be a peasant filth please

• BigKirky