Newcastle Players All Ready To Go Against Tottenham

Alan Pardew was a worried man over the International break as he wondered how many of his players would return from the games injured.

Alan Pardew – things looking up at Newcastle

But the good news is that everybody has returned fit and ready to play on Sunday, although Jonas Gutierrez may be a little bit travel wary after racking up the airline miles to play for Argentina.

It seems that Demba Ba, Yohan Cabaye, Cheick Tiote, Tim Krul, Jonas Gutieerez and Davide Santon were not injured while away on International duty, and all should be able to take part in training today.

Pardew and the Newcastle coaching staff will now go into full gear,  in preparation for the enthralling game against Tottenham on Sunday afternoon, which is being broadcast live around the world to millions and millions of viewers.

Alan Pardew talked to the local Newcastle press about the International break:

“As a Premier League manager I’m always nervous during the international break,”   “It is not just injuries, you don’t know how much travelling they’re doing and what training program they are on while they’re away either.”

“Jonàs Gutiérrez, for example, has had two long journeys with Argentina. You’re just not party to any of it so it is a bit of a nervous time.”

“But the ones that were due back have come back and look in good shape. Demba Ba is back, Cheick is back and so is Yohan Cabaye.”

“Demba is absolutely fine, there is no injury there and he’s in good form for us at the moment.”  “Sunday is a game to look forward to,”

“It is going to be a very tough test for us but the players are certainly ready to go.”

Tottenham will be a tough test for Newcastle, but it comes at a good time too, and since it is at home, Newcastle will be in with a very good chance of  winning this game, although the Tottenham side is packed with some great players,

For instance,  who will be marking Gareth Bale is a good question, and it could be that the Welsh International could give Ryan Taylor some trouble with his speed, if he starts over on the right wing.

But it seems likely that Danny Simpson will be the one to try to stop the fast and skilfull winger, who is always a goal threat.

With the three home crowds at St. James’ Park this season so far averaging just over 47,000,  manager Alan Pardew will be looking forward to a bigger crowd on Sunday, and that will be a huge advantage to the Magpies.

And the Newcastle players are really looking forward to the game too, and Alan will also have a very strong bench he can turn to, in his efforts to win another game in the Premier league this season.

That has to be the goal for Sunday.

Howay The Lads!!

• Hoppefot79

Oct 13, 2011 at 9:26 AM

Really looking forward to the game on Sunday! Santon & Arfa to start perhaps!?

• BigKirky

Oct 13, 2011 at 9:28 AM

I can’t wait fir Sunday’s game.

• Dannyo

Oct 13, 2011 at 9:36 AM

If i don’t get that NUFC match soon, i’ll die of NUFC dehydration. Man, i am SO looking forward to this. No doubt it will measure were we are

• Super Simmo Strikes Again

Oct 13, 2011 at 9:41 AM

I Can’t see Ba Scoring. I can See Best and either Cabaye/Arfa Possibly knicking a goal. As for the scoreline. No idea… All really depends on whether Adebayor plays imo.

• alex84

Oct 13, 2011 at 9:46 AM

I no its the Daily mail but looks as though Spurs are struggling with injuries.

• Jarra

Oct 13, 2011 at 9:55 AM

Nice headache for Mr Pardew this weekend does he pick what could be his best team on paper or stick with the team that is undefeated so far? For me I would like this headache and make a slight change in the team and tactics.
    Santon should be seriously considered so we have a left back in position, the next consideration I would make is Right full back, Simpson or RTaylor. I think I would give Ryan a go he offers more and I honestly think his hunger for the team would give him the edge.
    Next thing is what formation and I think this game will be won in midfield and for that reason I will go for 4-2-3-1.
    Great being a fan so I can make decision’s from a far so this is my team for my dream. Oh and we win 2-1
    ………………………………….Krul…………………………………….Raylor…………….Colo…………….Saylor……………….Santon………………………….Tiote…….Cabayne…………………………Jonas………………………….HBA……………………..Maveraux…………………………………..Ba………………………………………Subs ?????????

Back me or Sack me lol

• bambams

Oct 13, 2011 at 10:00 AM

This will be a big game, all the doubters in the media/mackems have kept stating we have not played anyone yet.
    Pardieu has been waiting for this game, sky live, at home , players up for it and players that have been signed really eager to get on the pitch- cant remember the last time we were in such a position.
    Ed i hope you are strong mate, all the very best, Terry

• Jarra

Oct 13, 2011 at 10:01 AM

Think sacked myself lol

team is 4 – 2 -3 1
    Krul
    Raylor Colo Saylor Santon
    Tiote Cabayne
    Jonas HBA Maveraux
    Ba

Ed if you can accept my apolgise for the typo error that has sprawled my team across the info in relation to your treatment.

May I also wish you a speedy recovery and hope the lads put as much effort into Sunday as you are in your fight for life, godbless you mate, I don’t know you but can only say let the Geordie in you get you through this with grit and determination.

• PapaToon

Oct 13, 2011 at 10:24 AM

Ed i pray for your recovery mate.
    Whoever thinks that taking danny simpson off the starting eleven has probably gone crazy. One of our most consistent performer. No great going forward but he is solid as when it comes to defence.
    Ryan Taylor is not a natural defender, he is filling in, DSanton could replace him but a big risk putting a 19 year old in a big game. If Pardew does it than hes got some balls.
    Ben Arfa will again be an impact player off the bench. Marveux was out with a long term groin injury, ben arfa’s was longer so it will be a while before he is considered sharp enough for 90 minutes.

• Hawaiian Geordie

Oct 13, 2011 at 11:13 AM

EXACTLY how i feel dannyo

but more importantly, how are you ed?