Pardew Asks For Help From Newcastle Fans

In home games,  the Newcastle fams can be a massive influence on the result.

Alan Pardew – wants fans to be positive

Alan Pardew has played at St. James’s Park and also managed sides up in the north-east to know that’s a fact.

So it’s not really surprising that he has come out today, and asked the Newcastle fans at the game to be really positive against an in-form Tottenham side who have won four games in a row.

This is what Alan said:

“I want the fans to take that momentum and positivity into the stadium because we’re going to need help.”

“As an opposing player who has played at St. James’ Park I can tell you the atmosphere there ­affects you. It is a difficult place to play. The crowd do play a part.”

“It will give us the chance to balance the books with ­Tottenham, who are in great form.”

“What I do want and I do know is that the fans have a trust in the team. I think they like the team, I think they see an honesty in it and it kind of excites them what it can do.”

With the results yesterday,  Newcastle retain 4th position in the Premier League today, and anything but a loss will see them keep in that high position tonight.

Alan knows it will be a tough game, and he is trying to get help from anywhere he can, and of course it should be bumper crowd on Tyneside today, hopefully cheering on the lads to a victory against what is no doubt a top side.

Howay The Lads!!

• Viper

Oct 16, 2011 at 9:18 AM

Bring on 4pm! I going and can’t wait! Howay the lads, they are there for the (tough) taking!

• eaststandgeordie1982

Oct 16, 2011 at 9:23 AM

GET IN TO THEM

• thepict

Oct 16, 2011 at 9:26 AM

I can’t wait for the game to start today:)))

• AMEOBI

Oct 16, 2011 at 9:50 AM

Relised I have an appointment for about half 3, pleased I got sky plus…

• Ian Magpie

Oct 16, 2011 at 9:59 AM

Haway lads, never mind the dogooders who would rather see our ground like a morgue, lets lift the roof off the ground today! Lets make it sound like back in the day when the old Leazes was king!!! HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWAAAAAAAAAAAY THE LLLLLLLLLLAAAAAADSSSS!!!

• Indian Magpie

Oct 16, 2011 at 9:59 AM

Ryan taylor good enuf for left back but not for his specialized position

• stuart no9

Oct 16, 2011 at 10:18 AM

ok alan .heres the deal, we will poaitive off the field if your positive on it. no more wolves 2nd half performances

• cupiddstunt

Oct 16, 2011 at 11:19 AM

The way I read it Ed we can even get away with a loss as long as it is not a four goal loss, that would put spuds level with us but still behind us through gd.

Although my preference deff lies with keeping the unbeaten run going and to do it against what the pundits are calling the only real contender for the number four spot would be the icing on the cake just now.

Ohh to upset the pundits once again would be excellent.