Kadar More Confident After Seven Games In Recent Weeks

Tamas Kadar captained the Reserves last night in their 32 win at home to Liverpool, and he is now hoping his injury nightmare of this last year is finally over.

Tamas Kadar – while on loan at Huddersfield briefly last January

Tamas was injured while out on loan at Huddersfield Town in January, and when he got fit again, he was injured again early in pre-season.

His injury plight has coincided with Alan Pardew arriving at the club. so Alan can hardly have seen much of the 21 year-old who has played 18 times for the first team, and of course his contract is up next June, so he’s fighting for his career on Tyneside.

But Tamas is now getting games, and he played twice recently for the Hungarian U21 side, and has also played in five of the last six games for the Reserves.

This is waht Tamas said after the game last night::

“I was happy to be the captain but the main thing is, I’m happy to play.” “I feel like I’m doing a great program. This was the fifth or sixth game I’ve played in the last few weeks (it was the 7th), so I’m happy with the results and I’m happy because I’m playing.”

“I’d been out for a long time – since January – until I did the pre-season, and then I got an injury again. But now I feel like I’m 100 per cent and I’ll try to push back into the first-team.”

“I know it’s going to take a long time and it’s going to be hard to get into the backline,  but I think I’m in a good way and if I can play every week – week in, week out – that’s the best I can do.”

“I’m playing for the Reserves as a center-back and that’s my best position, and as long as I’m fit, I’m happy.
“I’m working very hard on the training ground, whether I’m training with the first-team or whether I’m with the Reserves.”

When on form,  Tamas is a cool, calm and no-nonsense defender, and he can also play at  left back.

But the standards at the Newcastle club have risen sharply this year,  and Tamas will need to play very well to get into Alan Pardew’s plans for the future.

But we think the skill of the lad,  plus a very solid temperament and character,  can certainly help resurrect his career at Newcastle.

That’s what we are hoping for.

• Xavi

Oct 19, 2011 at 11:00 AM

hes a really good player when fit. what kadar needs to to is try and keep fit for at least two full season playing all the time either for reserves or on loan.

• AMEOBI

Oct 19, 2011 at 11:02 AM

Finally, great news can cover LB also.

Off topic, Dale Farm.. Typical scum gypsies..

• Thump

Oct 19, 2011 at 11:02 AM

I’ll always remember that game where he got subbed off and he was pouting on the bench despite having a pretty average game.

I’d like to see more of him but I don’t think he’s going to be part of NUFC for much longer.

• Stuart

Oct 19, 2011 at 11:03 AM

Whats happening at Dale Farm now like Ameobi?

• Thump

Oct 19, 2011 at 11:05 AM

@Stuart: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/8835560/Dale-Farm-eviction-live.html

That picture tells you everything you need to know really!

• Troleibusiukas_LTU

Oct 19, 2011 at 11:08 AM

Keep him, good player, really better than Perch.

• Toon_Jock

Oct 19, 2011 at 11:11 AM

I’m loving the FACT we have so much good, quality players fighting for a 1st team spot – even happier if we now have cover @ LB

Just shows our quality when our reserve team is top of the leagueby a fair margin – long may this boom in quality and consistency continue

• Stuart

Oct 19, 2011 at 11:11 AM

Cheers Thump, I just scan-read through that like, seems to be going well, people glueing themselves to buildings, pissing on police, farm owners barricading their land up so the travellers can’t get in haha.

Its right though, they should be evicted. If it was just one gypsy family they’d be gone within a day, its only because theres so many its caused an issue.

Hell, has no-one ever told them theres places called caravan sites where you can actually legally pitch up and live? haha.

• AMEOBI

Oct 19, 2011 at 11:33 AM

Aye stuart haha, the state of the staffholding I’m waiting for it to collapse 😀

• AMEOBI

Oct 19, 2011 at 11:39 AM

My day off and I’m watching a bunch of a gypsies, summit wrong with me today

• Thump

Oct 19, 2011 at 12:27 PM

That’s probably the greatest thing I’ve read all day Ameobi haha

• Bao Zheng

Oct 20, 2011 at 3:37 AM

Looks the part doesn’t he. Being top of the reserve league is a very solid achievement, Shankly will be spinning in his grave. Solution to Dale Farm, rename it Midsomer Farm, they’d all be dead within the week.