Santon Loves Tyneside – Seems Born To Play For Newcastle

Ever since we saw David Santon race down the touchline with Sammy Ameobi and mob Jonas Gutierrez, after Jonas scored that wonderful goal at Molineaux a few weeks ago, we’ve taken a shining to the young Italian.

Davide Santon – seems to just love Newcastle

And it seems that Davide has settled so quickly on Tyneside, that his parents have now returned to Italy, earlier than first planned, and back to their home in Portomaggiore in Northern Italy.

His parents are certain that Davide will be taken very good care of at Newcastle, and they’re right about that.

Davide himself has talked to the local press today, and said he can make the Newcastle club his family, and in general seems to just love things at the Newcastle club.

This is what Davide Santon told the local press today:

“The team here work in a lot more close quarters than I am used to. Everybody looks out for each other and backs their team-mates up. It is a really great experience for me to be here.”

“My parents have gone back home to Italy now.” “That’s because I have accustomed to Newcastle very quickly and it is a great experience to be here.”

“The experience is only something that I feel can get better as the weeks go on.” “I can’t wait to start my first game.”  “This is the next logical step for me and it will help me achieve my dream of playing regular football in the Premier League.”

“The magic of the stadium is there for all to see. Even when the team is behind, anything seems possible with the fans we have here.”  “It is one of the reasons why I decided to come here.”

“And I have really enjoyed seeing them.” “Now I just want to play in front of them on a more consistent basis.”

With words like that Davide  will very quickly become a fan favorite, and of course this lad can turn out to be a stellar buy for the Tyneside club, and he may even start for Newcastle against Wigan Athletic on Saturday.

Santon initially moved his parents, who hail from the northern Italian town of , to stay with him to support him during his early months on Tyneside.

The 6’2″ Italian International could even start on Saturday  against Wigan, and there seems to be a lot of talk about him coming in at right back for Danny Simpson, with Ryan Taylor retaining his place at left back, where he’s so far done such a stellar job for Newcastle this season.

It will be great to see Davide playing on a regular basis, and the lad seems born to play for Newcastle, with the kind of attitude he has,   and he could turn into a wonderful player in that famous black and white shirt.

• UpTheRoad

Oct 20, 2011 at 1:29 PM

The next step..how to pronounce his name! Commentators on fifa say: David-ay and others say Davied. The former sounds epic! Looking forward to seeing him in a black n white shirt!

@NobbyNolano

• Klatoon

Oct 20, 2011 at 1:30 PM

Hope he starts on Saturday.

• WWJBD

Oct 20, 2011 at 1:35 PM

Raylor is not a LB

• ginkoh

Oct 20, 2011 at 1:37 PM

Sorry for Simpson, He have to improve his game to take slot back.

• WWJBD

Oct 20, 2011 at 1:39 PM

Sorry sent before I had meant it too

Last season we had one of the best LBs in Europe and now we have Raylor in his position and everyone seems happy for him to stay there. Now I can see the argument of Raylor over SImmo at RB but I see no reason why we should have Raylor at LB when Santon (our LB replacement) is ready to take over

• AMEOBI

Oct 20, 2011 at 1:41 PM

Its Dav-ede

• Toon_Tom

Oct 20, 2011 at 1:42 PM

I agree with wwjbd, Raylor is not a LB, he has done the job, and done it will imo, but Santon has to come in at LB and Raylor to move over to the RB which is he prefered possition. I would aslo give Marv a debut down the left (sorry Oba) and move Jonas to the right so that him and Raylor can continue their partnership on the opposite flank, and let Santoooon and Marv form an even deadlier partnership down our left. Also (lol) HBA for best. lets shake it up a bit and hammer the Wigan!

• Tiote4PM

Oct 20, 2011 at 1:46 PM

Raylor is NOT a left back – He is a God!

• GeordieToon89

Oct 20, 2011 at 1:49 PM

Decieded that im tht confident in Ba ive put him in my fantasy team in place of Dzeko =] so now ive got
    ————Hart
    Jagielka-Kompany-Enrique
    ———–Song
    Jonas—-Ben Arfa—Bale
    Aguero–Ba–Rooney

SUBS: Vorm, Eagles, Shawcross, Shotton

• Tiote4PM

Oct 20, 2011 at 1:49 PM

Toon _Tom

Not being funny…. but why?

Why shake it up at all?

How about we do exactly what Pardew is doing and will continue to do and phase people into position. We are doing really well. Small changes = small repercussions. Big changes = Big Repercussions.

In Pardew I believe we have a great tactician. Not buying into LETS change as many peoples roles as possible to see IF scenarios.

• GeordieToon89

Oct 20, 2011 at 1:50 PM

even made Ba captain as thaz more chance him getting a hat-trick this weekend than rooney or aguero

• GeordieToon89

Oct 20, 2011 at 1:51 PM

ad play Marveaux down the right he’s class at cutting inside onto his left will cause so many problems just like jonas down the left

• GeordieToon89

Oct 20, 2011 at 1:53 PM

aw and btw Jose Enrique will still never get into the spain starting 11 now he’s left dont know why hes kidding himself, Jodi Alba is soo soo soo much better and younger

• GeordieToon89

Oct 20, 2011 at 1:53 PM

Jordi**

• Toon_Tom

Oct 20, 2011 at 1:55 PM

Tiote > i understand what you are saying, but I would definitely bring in Santon, he is definitely the best full back on our books. I would give Marveux a chance as he has been excellent in training and for reserves (AP said so) and obviously HBA should be in there as he needs 90mins imo. So i am not saying shake it up dramiticaly. But i would definitely have those 3 in!

• Toon_Tom

Oct 20, 2011 at 1:57 PM

As long as Marv gets half an hour or so this weekend i will be happy!

• Tiote4PM

Oct 20, 2011 at 2:03 PM

Santon – 15 minutes against Spurs is our best full back……. I would question that.

Want to team to do well, which they are. Pardew is managing players egoes and others confidence. Pulling players out and pushing new ones in does neither.

Non of your 3 stated players will start against Wigan and neither should they unless there is an injury or dispute.

Peace

HWTL

• Tiote4PM

Oct 20, 2011 at 2:05 PM

Saying that – I would LOVE to see Marv start in Obertans place because I believe him to be a better player. But it wont happen for the above stated reasons.

Pulling Oba out will affect his confidence and will not help us long term.

• WWJBD

Oct 20, 2011 at 2:09 PM

I dont see why Santon shouldnt start, we signed him to be our first choice LB and now he is fully fit he should be starting matches

• Toon_Tom

Oct 20, 2011 at 2:13 PM

Tiote – Santon will start

• Tiote4PM

Oct 20, 2011 at 2:15 PM

WWJBD/ Toon – He won’t, happy for you to dis me continously if he does.

When he doesn’t don’t be surprised.

Peace

• AshtreeKid

Oct 20, 2011 at 2:16 PM

me personally I think I would still keep the same starting 11, although this is the most tempted I have been to change it as the boys did really well when the subs came on against spurs, however my only caution would be that doesnt mean that they will play that way from the start if picked.

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Oct 20, 2011 at 2:17 PM

Surely this game against Wigan is a perfect opportunity for Oba to test his ability against weaker full-backs build his confidence, much like he was one of the best players on the field against Blackburn I feel he can put in an epic performance against one of the poorer teams in Wigan. Marv will get his chance and I do understand the logic in giving Marv the chance to tear Wigan to shreds so maybe we play Marv on the left and leave Guti out, crazy I know after Guti’s unreal performances but we won’t need his defensive duties as much on Saturday against a poorer side in Wigan.

What do you guys think?

• G

Oct 20, 2011 at 2:17 PM

@ post 19. I agree, the only logic I can see is the same argument about not breaking up a defence that has yet to be beaten this season.

• WWJBD

Oct 20, 2011 at 2:18 PM

I have no intention of dis-ing you mate. I dont know if he will start but he should is my argument. Also I dont see why Pardew brought him on against Spurs unless he intended on starting him soon

• Mac

Oct 20, 2011 at 2:19 PM

If anyone wants any decent free football tips check out thatsagoal.com this weekends tips should be on tonight.

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Oct 20, 2011 at 2:20 PM

I think WWJBD is right, Santon will probably get starting on Saturday, the only issue is where does he start and who does he replace? Does he go in at RB and replace Simpson in a straight swap? Does he go in at LB and replace Raylor in a straight swap? Or does he go in at LB with Raylor moving to RB?

• Toon_Tom

Oct 20, 2011 at 2:20 PM

I am not basing my opinion on his 15mins Vs Spurs. I am basing it on what I have seen of him. If we signed Rooney in the morning and he played 5mins agains Wigan, would you not admit that he would be our best forward on the books?

• sephir0

Oct 20, 2011 at 2:24 PM

@ UpTheRoad

It’s the former David-ay. I know that for sure as i used to work in a italian restaurant, and thats what they used to call me… as my name is David 🙂

• WWJBD

Oct 20, 2011 at 2:25 PM

G I get the argument about not breaking up a solid defence but they arent the strongest we could put out imo. Raylor has been decent but is covered by both Colo and Guti a whole lot and that has been the case during every match this season (not his fault but it is happening)

I like Raylor btw he has done better than expected this season but I think its time for him to pass the LB torch before Wigan.

As for RB well I am still a Simmo man

• Toon_Tom

Oct 20, 2011 at 2:27 PM

sephir0 > David-ay ??? as in ay = AYE, or the letter A?

Thats not algebra btw!

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Oct 20, 2011 at 2:28 PM

My team against Wigan

KRUL

RAYLOR———-SAYLOR——–COLO——-SANTON

OBERTOON—-CABAYE———TIOTE——MARV

HBA

BA

SUBS: HARPER, PERCH, GOSLING, GUTI, SHOLA

• Robby Bobson

Oct 20, 2011 at 2:28 PM

Off topic but the reserves scored an amazing goal the other night, completed by an inch perfect ferguson cross and ranger header.

Watched it and it was quick slick passing that involved 8 of our 10 outfield players.

Got real talent coming through, with real technical ability.

• Robby Bobson

Oct 20, 2011 at 2:30 PM

And i think if there was a game to test HBA, Santon and Marvauex it is against Wigan at home.

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Oct 20, 2011 at 2:32 PM

Simmo hasn’t been as bad as people have made out this season but surely we should keep raylor on, he had a habit of scoring in this fixture (albeit when he played for Wigan) let’s see if he can reverse that trend and smash a cracker in against his former boys. However i really do feel that with Raylor on FK duties we are stopping another top class FK specialist from smashing his first goal for us…a certain Cabaye come to mind? He used to ping them in for Lille!

• sephir0

Oct 20, 2011 at 2:40 PM

@ Toon_Tom

Lol thankfully, as im hopless at algebra 😛

It’s “A” mate, David-AYE is probably how an australian toon supporter would say it. 😛

• Toon_Tom

Oct 20, 2011 at 2:42 PM

hahahahaha > that made me laugh sephir, nice1 🙂

• AshtreeKid

Oct 20, 2011 at 2:46 PM

ruddy, I still think he will keep HBA in his pocket and save a lot of these other players to keep our cup run going against b’burn

• Toon_Tom

Oct 20, 2011 at 2:48 PM

KRUL

RAYLOR SAYLOR COLO SANTON

TIOTE
    MARV JONAS
    CABAYE

HBA

BA

• sephir0

Oct 20, 2011 at 2:50 PM

@ Toon_Tom

Ha no worries matey. 🙂

roll on saturday, im well excited about the match…. in all the years ive supported the toon, i dont think ive ever bin this excited…. like a breath of fresh air for all of us. Long may it continue.