Being At Newcastle Is A Dream And I Don’t Want It To End

Yohan Cabaye has given an excellent interview to Louise Taylor of the Guardian.

Yohan Cabaye – head down, eyes on the ball – perfect

And Yohan reveals some things about himself, and has said it is a dream to be at Newcastle United, and he doesn’t want that dream to end.

This is some of what he told Louise Taylor, who said he was the perfect gentleman throughout the interview and smiling a lot:

“Being here is a dream,” “I don’t want it to end, I’m happy.”

“The manager is actually quite like the one I had at Lille in Rudi Garcia, they are quite similar,” “Like Garcia, what Alan Pardew wants is for us to keep the ball. He talked to me about changing Newcastle’s style and we work a lot on possession.”

“He’s doing a great job.”  “I’m not yet at my best,” “I’m still adapting to the Premier League; it’s the best league in the world and, at the moment, its pace is taking a lot of good things out of my game. I’ll be better when I adapt fully.”

“It’s pretty easy living here because the Geordie lifestyle and the mentality is actually quite similar to northern France – it’s a nice, warm environment, pretty like Lille – but, to integrate properly, it’s important that we learn English,”

“We know we’ve got to go through a pain barrier before being able to communicate with everyone. But, sometimes, and especially when you know your midfield partner (Tiote) speaks French it’s automatic to talk in your own language, you can’t help it.”

“When I arrived I got really close with Xisco” “But most of the time now I hang out with the Argentinian players, Colo and Jonás.”

“My grandmother’s from Vietnam and I’m very curious about the place,”  “I’d love to visit the country and see how she grew up. I want to spend some time out there.”

“I remember watching David Ginola playing here on television in France when I was a kid,”  “The team was doing extremely well and I adored their attacking football. It’s a wonderful memory and something to try and emulate.”

“I haven’t spoken to Ginola but I talked to Antoine Sibierski and Franck Dumas who played at Newcastle,   before joining and they told me to sign immediately.

“It’s true results in recent years haven’t been great but, hopefully, we are now starting to make our achievements correspond with the size of this club. There are big tests to come after Everton.”

“But our aim is to finish the season as strongly as we’ve started it. We want to take Newcastle back into Europe as soon as possible.”

Newcastle will play Man City, Man United and Cheslea in the next three successive league games after the Everton game early this afternoon, and the number of points we can get from those games will be a measure of just how good Newcastle are.

Alan Pardew even admitted in his press conference for the Everton game, that he doesn’t know how good the side are, but they seem to  be getting better, if anything,  as the lads get used to each other’s play and the new French-born players get adapted to the fast pace of the Premier League.

Yohan is determined to learn English and he is fast at work to learn the language, as are the other new players at the club from France.

Yohan may think it’s a dream come true for him to be at Newcastle, but it’s also getting to be a dream come true for the Newcastle fans, as we sit in 3rd position in the Premier League, and starting to get some excellent publicity all over the world.

Let’s hope we can keep up our good form against Everton today, and maybe Yohan can get his 3rd goal for the club in what will be his 13th appearances for Newcastle, unlucky for some.

Yohan has been a terrific signing for the club, and he seems a great lad, and this summer could well go down as one of the best transfer windows for Newcastle, for a a very long time.

Howay The Lads!!

• Dannyo

Nov 5, 2011 at 8:50 AM

I’m so happy the match starts early today, waking up on match days are like waking up to christmas atm. That tingly feeling in your belly, anticipation, all that 🙂
    Cmon the TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!

• dmac

Nov 5, 2011 at 8:51 AM

As a child i grew up idolising the football that Rob Lee played. He was great on the ball, could pick a pass and was equally as good going back as forward. I see alot that in Cabaye plus they both appear to have the right mentality.

• Dannyo

Nov 5, 2011 at 8:52 AM

Oh, and i read this article in the Guardian yesterday, great stuff, and top stuff on Danny, Ba and Leon today too, gives off how the feel in the club is and the general happiness that excists there currently.
    Cmon lads, we CANT loose to Everton in this state.

• magfly

Nov 5, 2011 at 8:56 AM

Very pleased cabaye is very happy because this kid is pure class and puts smiles on the fans faces,come on the Toon

• busa

Nov 5, 2011 at 8:59 AM

Anyone got a link that works in Australia for the match please?

• toonLYF

Nov 5, 2011 at 8:59 AM

3-0 today, best with a brace and ba, will be well happy for Leon to grab a few goals today, his support play has been fantastic lately, not greedy at all, great quality to have in a forward

• toonLYF

Nov 5, 2011 at 9:00 AM

Oh, and HWTL!!!

• geoff777

Nov 5, 2011 at 9:14 AM

I don’t usually read anything by Louise “Mackem” Taylor.

Surprised she didn’t do a Nile Ranger interview, she usually writes about NUFC from any negative angle she can find.

• NEWEXPATMAGPIE

Nov 5, 2011 at 9:27 AM

If we have as good a game today as we had on Monday evening then i will be more than happy!

Cabaye moving to us is one of the best transfers the club has made since Tiote!
    I don,t , however, like the way that other clubs are snifffing around with the Jan window coming up!

Our real test is going to be in our next three games! With the game against Shitty, after the De Jong debacle last year, being what could be one of the most important games for us this season! I hope to god the FA have a decent referee for that match with his pocket full of yellow and red cards

• cupiddstunt

Nov 5, 2011 at 11:57 AM

I agree to a degree about the results of the three games coming after Everton but to be honest I am more concerned with the game sand how we perform in them and a little less about the actual scores.

I think back to the QPR game and if it were not for the fact that they could not get a goal they totally destroyed us we were so lucky.

Then the spuds game yes they were better in the first third of the game then we settled in and the last 20- 25 mins there was only ever going to be one winner they were sooo lucky to head back south with a point.

If we hold out own and look like we have a chance then I will be more than happy cos to hold your own against those three bodes well for the rest of the games against the “lesser” teams, but if we do as we did with QPR and get totally outplayed but come away with points I will ecstatic for the points but worried for the rest of the season.

• cupiddstunt

Nov 5, 2011 at 12:01 PM

NEPM @ # 9

If we play as we did against Stoke I will be over the moon as it indicates that we are becoming tactically aware and can change to suit the opposition.

That in turn means that any team that is not able to make on the fly changes will struggle against us.