Alan Pardew Getting The Very Best Out Of The Newcastle Squad

19 year-old Sammy Ameobi has now joined up with the England U21 squad,  and he will be hoping he makes his debut for the side on Thursday, when they play Iceland at Colchester in their Group 8 qualifier.

Sammy Ameobi – after scoring that great goal at Scunthorpe

Shola’s younger brother is only one of the players who seem to have thrived under manager Alan Pardew at Newcastle.

Alan seems to have brought the best out of  a lot of Newcastle’s existing squad, and as an example the defense, which has done so very well so far this season,  has no new players in it from those that were at the club two years ago – Tim Krul, Danny Simpson, Fab Coloccini, Steven Taylor and Ryan Taylor.

Of course that’s always the sign of a good coach, and in many ways it’s the only measure of a coach – how well can he can get his players to play for him.

Sammy has talked to the local Newcastle press about how exciting things have been this season at the club:

“Everyone is buzzing – to be where we are in the Premier League after 11 games isn’t easy.”  “But we’re all looking forward to Manchester City and the next few games.”

“It’s amazing, and hopefully we can keep it going. I know the next three games are tough.”  “Yet we go there with confidence and can’t wait for it.”

“To beat a top team like Everton takes a lot of work.”  “We all worked hard, and got the win, which is great. “  “To make my debut at St James’ Park for the first team was a great honor.”

“I had a great reception from the fans, and I was honoured. I’m not going to take anything for granted.”  “Basically, the manager told me to take the pressure off the team when I got the ball and just run at defenders.”

“That’s what I tried to do, and we got the win in the end.”  “I had a few chances, one when I first came on, which I was a bit disappointed about.”  “It was just good to get minutes under my belt for the first team, which is what you want.”

“It’s about the defensive part as well, which is what I need to learn.”  “It’s not just about the fancy part of football.” “That’s what the manager’s trying to teach me.”

“I can get better and better at that, and make more impact when I come on. “  “It was a dream come true since I first saw Shola play here against Chelsea about 10 years ago.”

“It’s always been a dream of mine to play in front of so many great fans.”  “To have done that was amazing, and I’ll never forget it. “

Sammy did very well on Saturday,  especially near the end when he made three good runs down the left wing, and in two of those cases won a corner, as Newcastle were attempting to play out time and preserve their 2-1 lead and take all 3 points.

But it could be that Newcastle will show us all how good they are in the next three league games against the two Manchester clubs and Chelsea.

And we have to admit the game we are a little worried about is the next game at Manchester City, with the other two sides not in particularly good form or high on confidence at the moment.

If Newcastle can somehow get a decent points haul from those games, Alan Pardew’s star will continue to rise on Tyneside.

That’s what we hope happens.

Who knows, after those three games Newcastle could still be in the top three.

Howay The Lads!!

• G

Nov 8, 2011 at 1:16 PM

Everybody is talking about us being nervous about the next few fixtures. Sureley, the other teams must now be looking at us and getting nerves themselves? Credit where its due after all?

• AMEOBI

Nov 8, 2011 at 1:16 PM

Repost,
    I also hear/see a lot on newsnow/liverpool about them wanting Tevez, surely that would transfer list Carroll? Not that we need him but I’d take him back

• davybtoon

Nov 8, 2011 at 1:37 PM

just on andy carroll my mates pal is a taxi driver n picked carroll up last week in toon and apperantly carroll said moving to liverpool/leaving newcastle is the worst thing he ever did lol, dont kno if this true but i can imaging it is as he dosent look anything like the player who left us

• davybtoon

Nov 8, 2011 at 1:40 PM

why should we worry about next 3 fixtures man city will b tough but we shud go there n enjoy it, manu arnt playing well n neither r chelsea n weve a decent record at sjp against chelsea, we got 1 point from the same fixtures last season so anything more than that is a bonus for me

• davybtoon

Nov 8, 2011 at 1:42 PM

man city r without doubt the best team in the league so if we can go there give a good display n come away with a point man u n chelsea will b worried about us

• lesh

Nov 8, 2011 at 2:21 PM

Aye Davybtoon @3, Carroll certainly doesn’t look like the player he was before he left us…… .

Who’s to thank for that? No other than King (everything I touch turns to cr*p) Kenny

• Rotonda heights

Nov 8, 2011 at 2:24 PM

Would never want carroll back. Got so sick of hoof ball.
    now we have speed and method on the team, not hit and hope, playing the percentages, planet football all the time.

Liverpool can see he doesn’t fit in to a ” footballing ” team so want rid. carroll is a stoke city type player. Plus it’s nice not to have to read about our current lot falling off bar stools and wife beating every other day. !!

• JP...from The Rock

Nov 8, 2011 at 4:07 PM

I wouldn’t want Carroll back. He clearly isn’t as good as he thinks he is or else he would have made a much bigger impact at Liverfool. Serves him right for being greedy and just imagine the bad vibes there would be if hid come back. Players just like fans were not too pleased by the way he held the club to ransom and won’t take kindly to greedy quiters. He was slightly problematic with his off-field issues and I much prefer we keep learning to play along the deck than hoof the ball upfield to a ponytail.

HWTL

• bills-son

Nov 8, 2011 at 5:17 PM

Aye, its a good job the FGB didn’t hold out for more than £35M, we might still be stuck with Carroll eh?!

• solano

Nov 8, 2011 at 5:22 PM

I would have Carroll back in a flash if truth be told….he is simply the best product that we have had from the academy. He was simply awesome in a black n white shirt for the period he spent as a first team member and was a much better footballer than most would admit. No doubt his departure has caused great bitterness and it certainly hasn’t worked out for AC as the horrible bindippers are on his back because of his poor form. But at NUFC he was definitely a throwback to the old fashioned centre forward and our team was set up around his physicality – (and yes we probably were a little one dimensional on occasions) but he would certainly provide a variation and greater depth to our attacking options right now. As much as Ba has improved and looks like the business, I think our other forward options are nowhere near as good as a confident Carroll.

• solano

Nov 8, 2011 at 5:24 PM

Bills…is that irony, I detect? 😉

• solano

Nov 8, 2011 at 6:07 PM

No..I didn’t think so…the academy should exist to nurture talent (local if possible) so that Newcastle United benefits..but some take great pride in the sales profit disappearing into the billionaire owners skyrocket! Strange days indeed!

• LEROI

Nov 9, 2011 at 2:46 AM

When Ba gans to the ACN. if AP aint got the stones to put Sammeobi up front with Besty & HBA isn’t livin upto expectations in that position maybe we’ll be cryin oot to loan Tevez or even Judas for that matter!

• LEROI

Nov 9, 2011 at 3:33 AM

after my last few posts your probly saying how can u be so positive about the toon 1 minute then negative the next? hypacrite! Well it’s simple i’m worried about jan when we lose Ba & Tiote to the ACN! Lovens leaving! Shola’s well Shola! HBA has been Mediocre at best so far this season! i know he’s coming back from 2 long term injuries, but i still expect more from him of all people and he just hasn’t shown me nowt, sorry but the truth hurts! So we need to hoy someone else in that role. For me it’s gotta be Sammy! Young, fast, strong, skillful & know’s how to hit the back of the net! AP thinks he ain’t ready so thats that plan up in smoke! I say at the start of january get a proper(non ACN) goalscorer in Ashley&co please!