Yohan Cabaye Could Still Play At Manchester City

There’s some good news and then some not so good news about Yohan Cabaye today.

Terrific shot of Yohan Cabaye in action

Cabaye is currently at the French Clairefontaine Football Academy for tests on his groin injury, but French manager Laurent Blanc told the French media yesterday that he would be keeping Yohan with the French squad over the full International  break.

It seems that Blanc still thinks Yohan could play in the friendly against Belgium next Tuesday night, at the Stade de France in Paris, and of course if that’s the case he could be ready for Newcastle’s massive game at Man City the following Saturday.

So hopefully Yohan can get fit while at the Clairefontaine  Academy, which has some of the best sports medicine  facilities  around, and maybe  he could play 45 minutes for France to prove his fitness next Tuesday, but then be fit and ready to go against Man City in our next game.

Yohan has settled well at Newcastle, and during the last International break, he was telling anybody who would listen,  what a great club Newcastle United was.

So we’ll need to take a look at the French squad, and see who may be suitable to join Newcastle next summer, with the help of Yohan of course. 😀

This is what the mercurial midfielder said today:

“Things are going very well for me, especially with the coach,” “Before I signed for the club I spoke to Alan Pardew and I really felt that he wanted me to come, and that he thought it could work out for me.”

“That pleased me a lot and I’m trying to give my all so that he’s not disappointed, because he has faith in me and he’s the one who came and got me.”

“I’ve felt good here from the first training session, I like it here and get on with everyone. I’m really impressed with what we’ve done since the start of the season.”

“We got off to a good start with the draw against Arsenal and winning the derby away against Sunderland,” “The fact we’ve conceded very few goals has really boosted our confidence.”

“We have 25 points and we’re still unbeaten, and that’s great to have that heading into the international break.” “But when we come back we’re playing City at their place, United at their place, then we’ve got Chelsea at home.”

“After that we’ll really know how good we are.” “I think I’ve improved since I came here in terms of physical impact,” “Every game is at 100 percent and I think I’ve taken on a new dimension.”

If Newcastle can get both central  midfielders Yohan Cabaye and Cheick Tiote  ready for the Man City game, that would be great news for the Tyneside club, and of course Man United have also been linked with the Ivorian Cheick Tiote this season too.

It must be really frustrating for top clubs like Man United to see the two Newcastle central midfielders playing so well this season, and they are better than any player in that position in the Red Devils squad at the moment.

Let the frustration continue.

• Toon Tang

Nov 9, 2011 at 10:15 AM

why risk him in a wanky friendly. we need him reet for us. blanc can kiss my hairy ginger beard

• Toon Tang

Nov 9, 2011 at 10:18 AM

why risk him in a shiite crumby friendly. we need him reet for us. blanc can kiss my hairy ginger ring piece

• Lee Dodd

Nov 9, 2011 at 10:24 AM

Newcastle Must Have the Last Say weather he plays in a Friendly or not they should say NOW – Come Home as its a friendly … Its not a Euro or world cup Qualifier !!!! I would play Tiote and Guthrie at Man City And Keep Cabaye for the Man U Game ….

• Trent Toon

Nov 9, 2011 at 10:26 AM

HAHA @1

Yer nah don’t play him for the friendly!

We got a game against dirty manks we need to win it! 🙂

• markmac

Nov 9, 2011 at 10:39 AM

Shouldnt risk him, could do more damage :/

• Stuart

Nov 9, 2011 at 10:43 AM

He obviously won’t play on Tuesday if hes still a risk. If he plays for the french we know he’ll be fit for us.

• Karltooon

Nov 9, 2011 at 10:52 AM

Fancy a laugh? From the expert journalists who brought you ‘Ryan Taylor to Liverpool for £8m-£10m’ comes the latest installment “Chelsea to Make Surprise Bid for Newcastle United Youngster Sammy Ameobi” ho ho ho

• Stuart

Nov 9, 2011 at 11:08 AM

Thats actually been doing the rounds alot in the last week or so like Karltooon. It must have abit of substance to it as AP actually had to come out and say Sammy is going nowhere.

• Karltooon

Nov 9, 2011 at 11:21 AM

It’s the first I’ve heard of it like!? Although I did notice the quote from AP.. If it is true, I’d give him a contract extension based solely on Villas-Boas perception haha

• Stuart

Nov 9, 2011 at 11:23 AM

Haha, even if Chelsea did bid I can’t see Sammy wanting to go like. I mean he can barely force his way into the first team here nevermind at chelsea.

Plus hes a geordie boy, he won’t leave like that tw@t from gateshead did when he went to liverpool haha!

• cupiddstunt

Nov 9, 2011 at 6:48 PM

I think the quote from Pardew is from when he was talking about some of the youngsters going out on loan, it’s word for word what he said about Sammy then.

“He’s going nowhere” as in he is not going out an loan.