Pardew Would be Happy With 3 Points From The Next 3 Games

Alan Pardew is relishing his side meeting Man City, Man United and Chelsea in the next three Premier League games.

Alan Pardew – happy with 3 points from three tough games

The game after the Chelsea fixture is not too easy either, as the lads travel to Norwich City, and the Canaries have been doing quite well in the Premier League this season, under top manager Paul Lambert, who got them promoted both of the last two seasons.

Norwich are in 9th place right now with 13 points from their 11 league games.

Alan Pardew has come out today, and said he would take three points right now, from the next 3 games:

“If someone offered me three points from these three games I’d take it,”

“Will I get three draws? I can’t see me getting three draws against these three, so I need to win one.”

“And I might want to win two? That would be a good philosophy of how I’m going into the games.”

The best chance Newcastle have is to beat Chelsea at home in two weeks time, when we expect a sell-out crowd at St. James’ Park, and it would be great if we can get one win in the next three games.

The hardest fixture is probably today at the Etihad Stadium, because Man City are the team in form and crushed Manchester United 6-1 at Old Trafford a few weeks back – so you see what we mean.

The game at Manchester United next Saturday is a game that Newcastle can get something out of, because the Red Devils have not been in particularly good form recently, and their defense can be creaky.

If we can beat Chelsea at home and we get nothing out of our two trips top the two Manchester clubs we’d be very happy.

But then we’d need to start picking up those point again in the remaining games pf the year – which are at Norwich, at home to Swansea and WBA and away at Bolton and Liverpool in that order.

It will be important that Newcastle are still high up in the league when the transfer window starts, so they can attract new top players to Tyneside, and improve their squad even further.

And if the news is to be believed,  Newcastle could bring in three new players in January.

• Super Simmo Strikes Again

Nov 19, 2011 at 10:00 AM

I actually think we can win the next two games (after tonight)

Both United and Chelsea have been poor lately…. United’s attack looks blunt, and Chelsea’s defense is the worst it has ever been in recent years….

• cyprus

Nov 19, 2011 at 10:11 AM

Ed, previous (previous) article should read ‘Newcastle don’t have a goalkeeping problem’, surely. On Guthrie, what an able substitute he’s been! And we also have Gosling, HBA, and that kid all pushing for first team play.

• cyprus

Nov 19, 2011 at 10:12 AM

I like the way AP talks about the games. Looks like he’s working the troops up!

• gorgonzola

Nov 19, 2011 at 10:13 AM

Day Lads, In all honesty this game I am the most relaxed I have been in years. I dont care bout the result the next two however I am. IF we can pull a draw from Citey I would go bonkers….

Manure I want to crush and chealsea…. I know I am still over optimistic but if we are tight and play well why not….

what time the game?

• AlanqD

Nov 19, 2011 at 10:16 AM

1st post on here. Did you realise you can get 3-1 on betfair for us not to lose today. Definately worth a punt.

• Ben_W

Nov 19, 2011 at 10:16 AM

Lawro has predicted a 2-0 loss for us (well there’s a surprise) but his opponent is predicting us a 2-1 win! It’s nice for someone to be our our side for once haha!

• Marty-Toon

Nov 19, 2011 at 10:26 AM

Actually think we can beat both Manchester clubs and then lose the game at home against Chelsea (I know it sounds nuts)
    Would be surprised that we don’t go with 5 in the midfield with Toure ,milner and silva to deal with but of course it helps us to get up the field if we have two front men

• connor_nufc

Nov 19, 2011 at 10:26 AM

little bit optimistic arnt we lads?

• ilovetoon8788

Nov 19, 2011 at 10:31 AM

i think we might get a thrashing today. =(

• nimo

Nov 19, 2011 at 10:32 AM

ny guess is 0 points out of the next 9.. these r the 3 who r gonna rightly finish in the top 3.. what we have to deal with is if we do lose all 3 have the team got the character to get straight back to the winning mentality

• cyprus

Nov 19, 2011 at 10:37 AM

Ben_W, Lawro has lost so many points from us! ‘Good news’, him not supporting us. That other guy is braver than us in his prediction!

• niffnoff

Nov 19, 2011 at 10:37 AM

0 out of the next 9 games nimo? awesome support there son…

• nimo

Nov 19, 2011 at 10:40 AM

0/9 points.. so next 3games

• hotdog

Nov 19, 2011 at 10:41 AM

Ive told my lad we would lose everygame since the start of the season. Guess what we will get beat today son 😉 It’s worked so far lol

• toonjohners

Nov 19, 2011 at 10:44 AM

Stream for today: http://www.boggsport.com/2011/11/live-premiership-football.html. I had a dream last night that we lost 1-0. Benny scored a disallowed goal in the last minute.. Hope it doesn’t happen

• DJM TOON

Nov 19, 2011 at 10:46 AM

we might get turned over here lads… i expect to so lets just see the B&W passion runnign through the team and if we can leave the pitch with heads held high then i’ll be a proud geordie

HWTL

• bambams

Nov 19, 2011 at 10:47 AM

BOYS found this on yahoo…… search Richard Branson…
    “Sir Richard Branson, Managing Director of Virgin Enterprise, and billionaire philanthropist is reported to have submitted a multi-million pound bid to take over a majority share in Newcastle United Football Club, an offer the current administration is very keen to explore further. The North East Premier League club is currently owned by controversial businessman Mike Ashley, owner of discount sportswear chain ‘SportsDirect’…”
    OOOH if Carlsberg made football chairman, hope this is accurate

• giimps

Nov 19, 2011 at 10:48 AM

I reckon 2 points from the next 3 games, possibly even 4, all 3 teams are playing champions league in the next few weeks and have players just come back from internationals.
    While I agree they all have huge squads, not all have quality cover in every position, Pardew will set his team out to maximise our chance of winning, preying on any weakness he sees.
    I was never a Pardew fan but he is winning me over as a manager who can read and change a game to our advantage.
    We may even play well but i dont care as long as we have a go.
    HWTL

• hotdog

Nov 19, 2011 at 10:50 AM

This might have some legs with the Northern Rock Deal, it was built in the north east and he needs a big statement to get Vigin Money on the map!

• kevymartins

Nov 19, 2011 at 10:53 AM

I aint scared of them..infact im looking foward are we team will always be up for anything and never stop fighting ..so bring on the big spenders an we will see if there money can bear are pride

• nimo

Nov 19, 2011 at 10:58 AM

weve no need to b scared were massivr underdogs in my opinion n wont b thr first or last to concede more than 4 if it happens so i believe r best bet is to just go for it play like we did at stoke.. allow no time on ball.. full backs working back n hit on counter with our pace

• nimo

Nov 19, 2011 at 10:58 AM

wingers working back even

• jj

Nov 19, 2011 at 11:14 AM

We need to score at least one today to get a result as they WILL get their annual penalty against us, lets hope its a tackle inside the box this year though lol

500 Quid they get a pen today!!!

2-2 draw HWTL

• stuart no9

Nov 19, 2011 at 11:17 AM

well …. ive been going to SJP since the mid sixties, and i can honestly say nothing surprises me about this club any more. i think i have seen just about everything win 5-0 lose 10- 0 would not surprise me in the least. what i would never do is bet on them

• Foxy005

Nov 19, 2011 at 11:18 AM

I stated at the beginning of the week I would be chuffed with 3 points from the next 3 games but I think we could actually beat Chelsea and draw to United and City which would be 5 points if we got 5 points from the next 3 games I would be over the moon.

C’mon lads we can do this!

HWTL

• alkinou

Nov 19, 2011 at 11:19 AM

I’m a bit scared of getting thrashed followed by an angry reaction of our supporters. It’s the reaction we could have that scares me more than the actual result

• chris_g

Nov 19, 2011 at 11:34 AM

Guys, don’t get too excited about that Richard Branson ‘take over’ story – it’s a scam. If you go to this page: http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110811192946AAFtEM7 just click on the link to read the full story and see what it says.

• Super Simmo Strikes Again

Nov 19, 2011 at 11:35 AM

bambams link?

• ilovetoon8788

Nov 19, 2011 at 11:37 AM

even if we get a thrashing today. lets just hope our lads put in a good shift full of grit.

city’s team’s individual talents are mouthwatering.

• Super Simmo Strikes Again

Nov 19, 2011 at 11:38 AM

Me thinks its a “fake news story”

• Ben_W

Nov 19, 2011 at 12:02 PM

anyone know of any streams for the match? I thought it was on TV 🙁

• LewSpi

Nov 19, 2011 at 12:05 PM

Ben_W I’ve seen someone post one today, maybe on the last thread.

• leazes upper ( moved to the gallowgate )

Nov 19, 2011 at 12:07 PM

……………………..krul
    Simpson…colo……..saylor….raylor
    ……………..guthrie…..cabaye
    Gos/santon……………………….jonas
    ……………………ben arfa
    ………………………ba

• joppadoni

Nov 19, 2011 at 12:23 PM

just a few hours to go woo hoo!

• Davy Craig

Nov 19, 2011 at 12:37 PM

toonjohners

I had a dream last night that Newcastle were going to let me go because of my recurring knee injury but Alex Ferguson (who was such a nice bloke) wanted me to sign for Manure to replace Giggs on the wing!

Not all dreams come true – thankfully (or do they?)

• joppadoni

Nov 19, 2011 at 12:47 PM

im going for 2 – 3 newcastle

• boater

Nov 19, 2011 at 12:54 PM

Under Pardew we adjust according to the level of our opponent and look to attack in bursts.

Following this logic, we will raise our game today – and possibly try to hit them early, or contain for first 20 min’s then attack before half time. If we go a goal down we are in trouble.. so our best chance of getting any points is to attack early and contain.

I’m going 2-1 to City – avoiding a hammering would be nice.

• boater

Nov 19, 2011 at 1:01 PM

I have begun to realise that under Pardew we adjust according to the level of our opponent – and look to attack in bursts.

Defending for 90min’s won’t work against city – it may against utd but not against a side full of all-round attackers and individual match winners.

The pace of Sammi, Guti and Arfa on the break will be vital to keeping them camped in our half, also we need to hope Ba takes his chances – he will get 1 or 2 against this city backline.

I’m going 2-1 to City – pressure is off in a way.

• ilovetoon8788

Nov 19, 2011 at 1:14 PM

anything other than a hammering is a good result for us. lets pray we lose by a close margin.