Three Newcastle Youngsters To Stay On Tyneside

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew has said that 20 year-old Nile Ranger is the only youngster leaving the club, before next Thursday’s loan deadline rolls around.

Nile Ranger – only youngster to be sent out on loan

Nile Ranger joined Barnsley on a two-month loan deal on Friday,  but he wasn’t included in the Barnsley squad,  that beat Doncaster Robers 2-0 at Oakwell yesterday.

Alan had said recently that he was thinking of sending Mehdi Abeid, Shane Ferguson and Haris Vuckic out on loan deals before next Thursday, but it seems he has changed his mind.

It would now be a surprise iof any of the three youngsters was loaned out, and this is what Alan Pardew said today:

“Outside of Nile, I’m not envisaging much more activity,”  “Shane Ferguson has come back from Northern Ireland injured.”  “He’s having a scan.”

“Haris, I’m umming and ahhing about whether we need to keep him in and around the building,  and the same with Mehdi.”

“Mehdi has a situation where the Olympic team have a tournament and he’s got something like 4-5 games in that tournament, which is something like three weeks.”

“That’s something I might do – I think it’d be good for him, good for their Olympic team as well.”

Nile Ranger was a special case, because after all the trouble he has been involved in with police and his drinking since the summer, Pardew though it was best to get the 20 year-old Londoner away from  Newcastle for a couple of months.

And Nile  should be able to get first team appearances at Barnsley, and no doubt Alan Pardew will see how he does there – but to impress he needs to score goals, that’s for sure.

It’s an open question as to whether this lad has any future on  Tyneside, but we don’t think he has, and he could well be sold in the summer.

• alright on the black and white

Nov 20, 2011 at 11:32 AM

2 worst case scenarios for a jan tiote sale: chelsea 10m plus Obi mikel, man u 10m plus carrick. Eek

• ganiyu

Nov 20, 2011 at 11:36 AM

Harris vuckic and mehdi abeid could do us alot of good if they ever sold tiote.

• Brutooon

Nov 20, 2011 at 11:44 AM

worst case senario : sell Tiote for 10 Million with 5 mins remaining at the transfer window – therefore we stick to our cheerleader ALAN SMITH for the reminder of the season

• LewSpi

Nov 20, 2011 at 11:46 AM

I read that one of the papers are claiming we would onl see Tiote for ‘Andy Carroll style megabucks’. What’s the figure in everyone’s mind? 15m? 20m? 25m? 30m? 35m?

I really don’t know what to say maybe 20m+? When you think is what you could buy for 20m (although we know that wouldn’t happen), I would say that anything over 20 is probably accurate.

• geoff777

Nov 20, 2011 at 11:47 AM

Guthrie is playing so well, perhaps his tackling isn’t as strong as Tiote’s but his distribution is better.

With Abeid showing signs he’s Premier league quality, I’m sure all silly offers for Tiote will be considered.

• LewSpi

Nov 20, 2011 at 11:47 AM

That’s ‘only sell’ for those not familiar with iPhone auto correct.

• Dannyo

Nov 20, 2011 at 11:48 AM

No talk of Goslings goal yet, not from Pardew or the player himself.
    Would like to hear how feelings on his performance were after that.

• alright on the black and white

Nov 20, 2011 at 11:51 AM

@brutooon, aye I forgot we had a ready made back up in smith. Thank heavens! In fact, anyone reckon we could pull the ultimate transfer day sleight of hand by selling alan smith to chelsea in a tiote shirt!

• gorgonzola

Nov 20, 2011 at 12:02 PM

Been reading all your comments concering Tiote.

There is a bigger picture here that is unfortunatelly goes against us fans. We are too loyal to this club think about it. Ashley can pretty much do anything with this club, we are so far as I can see a selling club to the bigger clubs just like Lille is in France now, question how far they will keep the likes of Sow and Hazard.

WHATEVER happens the fat man will get high attendance from us, the merchandise etc. CLub has an image high enough around europe for players to want to come here get developed well and then sold.

Yes Ashley done well but still does not take away that he can be a heartless ****. Sure he said Carroll was not worth nothing near 35, but in muy mind TIOTE is worth every damn penny for whatever kind of price they put on him….. and when people say nobody is irreplaceable. WRONG…

we are STILL looking for Shearer, man utd STILL look for a Keane and still for a Ronaldo, Arsenal want henry back.

In my line of work companies who let too many good quality workers are gone in the long run, they are smaller fight with even smaller fish. I think there are certain circumstances and series of events that got us here I pray January does not mess that up. I really do.

• Dannyo

Nov 20, 2011 at 12:06 PM

@LukeEdwardsTele
    Luke Edwards
    I’ve been reliably told there is “no truth whatsoever” in story claiming Nike are front runners to become #nufc stadium and shirt sponsors

• toonarmy1986

Nov 20, 2011 at 12:09 PM

I don’t see Tiote being sold, they wouldn’t of offered him such a big increase in wages to cash in on him. If they’re tight as some people think they are then he wouldn’t of got an improved deal and would of being cashed in last summer. Unless we get a Carroll like offer he won’t be going anywhere any time soon….

• roshan MAGPIE

Nov 20, 2011 at 12:15 PM

I think chelsea will go for modric rather than Tiote cause modric IS constantly linked with chelsea and Tiote wont be available because of ACON and they already have lots of players from africa

• gorgonzola

Nov 20, 2011 at 12:17 PM

I dont get why they want Modric they have Mata….makes no sense…

• gorgonzola

Nov 20, 2011 at 12:18 PM

The thing that unnerves me. Is that when the underdog gets a few games running well top teams wonder oh well must be the players lets buy them off, and bum no more underdog….makes me sick. I feel for the smaller teams . I wonder how do you combat that…

• ganiyu

Nov 20, 2011 at 12:30 PM

It wouldnt be bad business if ashley sells tiote january and AP promotes gosling and abied for the rest of the season…it would enable us remove dead wood during the summer

• davybtoon

Nov 20, 2011 at 12:38 PM

Think the tiote story is jus lazy journos n if Carroll went for 35mill why would we sell one of the best defensive midfielders in Europe for 20mill that’s way too cheap for me like

• davybtoon

Nov 20, 2011 at 12:40 PM

Plus come jan who knows we cud still b up n around next to Chelsea do why leave when we’re competing

• HaZ-NUFC

Nov 20, 2011 at 12:46 PM

@gorgonzola why would chelsea want mata and modric……………. is that a real question who wouldn’t want them 2 in a team!!!!!

• GeordieJordy

Nov 20, 2011 at 12:58 PM

OFF TOPIC
    I missed the game Santon played in so i was wondering how he played in the game.

• Ben_W

Nov 20, 2011 at 1:12 PM

haha i loved the comment about selling Alan Smith in a Tiote shirt!! I agree that some players are un-replaceable, and i think that Tiote is just that for us! I can’t think of a player I’d swap for him, I honestly can’t. Hopefully he’ll have a bad game before Jan and everyone will divert their attention somewhere else!

• Sav

Nov 20, 2011 at 1:26 PM

Can’t see sense in this. Vukic definitely needs games and I can only see bit-parts for him staying around this season.
    Like Tav, it will develop him and bring him through. Is Pards afraid if he goes away and does well, someone will offer cash for him which Ashley will snatch up, and he’ll lose the lad?

• LEROI

Nov 20, 2011 at 1:43 PM

I think tiote is irreplaceable to. There’s nobody out there exactly like him! especially for much cheaper than the minimum of 20m being talked about or as young or younger to fit our transfer policy! Hope we keep Tiote, sell smith,perch and loven and strengthen our squad with a new LB, CB & 2 new strikers!

• LEROI

Nov 20, 2011 at 2:00 PM

arh aye nerly fogot sell Ranger an al! Jus get shot man, evn if it’s jus 500k coz that’ll pay sum1’s wage 4 a few month like! Errr wu myte aswell sell Shola if wu get 2 new strikas in Jan. He’s too injry prone, too awld and jus not worth keepin, wu cud still get 3m for him off a champ side or scots side evn a norwich or swansea!

let the target practice commence coz sum1’ll shoot us doon on the Shola bit lol!

• Dondatta13

Nov 20, 2011 at 3:06 PM

Lambias: “So £30m? F*** off! Don’t waste my time and I slammed the phone down. £35m? Everybody including Pardew all agreed.”

“But the £35m they wanted to pay over four years. It was rubbish. Mike (Ashley) said — and he is a brave boy Mike I promise you — get all the £35m up front.”

“We got it all up front and then they never paid us on time and we charged them 12 grand f****** interest.”

“You guys don’t understand how f****** horrible we can be.”

THERE IS NO CHANCE IN HELL THESE GUYS WILL SELL TIOTE FOR £20 MILLION….. NON. He will go for SILLY MONEY if at all!!!!