Coloccini – I Want To Play In Europe With Newcastle

The Newcastle captain Fabricio  Coloccini has talked today about his potential new contract,  his manager Alan Pardew and playing in Europe.

Fab Coloccini – wants to play in Europe with Newcastle

We think it would be big shock if  Coloccini doesn’t sign a contract extension at Newcastle, but with Kevin Nolan and Joey Barton both having left the club this year because of contract difficulties, we cannot be absolutely sure of  that.

But Colo likes it at Newcastle,  and this is what he had to say today:

“I know that Newcastle want to extend my contract, but that’s a topic that is for my agent. It is still early, but I feel very comfortable here and I would like to play in Europe with this club.”

“There are always lots of rumours about my future, whether it’s about Italy or other English clubs. But I just want to think about Newcastle at the moment.”

“I like Alan Pardew” “He gives very clear technical instructions and explains everything in training very well. Also he is very close to the players. He’s the type of coach I always like to play for.”

“I think the key to this Newcastle team is unity and we all strive for the same goals. That comes from the manager.”

Good words from Colo about his manager, but he doesn’t exactly say that it’s a certainty he will sign the new deal either.

For the record Colo has made 130 appearances for Newcastle with five goals over the last 40 months since signing on from Deportivo for just over £10M, and the Argentine very rarely gets injured too.

We have to think that with Colo so well liked by the manager, the fans and even the Newcastle Board, it would be more than tragic if we didn’t secure him for the next five years at Newcastle United.

That would be unthinkable – wouldn’t it?

• roshan MAGPIE

Nov 25, 2011 at 5:27 PM

team against manure PARDEw will play
    KRUL
    shola
    best
    sammy

• jarnytoon

Nov 25, 2011 at 5:36 PM

@1

Smith?! I laughed so hard I almost fell off my seat on the bus!! Every1 else I agree with thought! Swap smith for gosling and you’ve got your line up! HWTL

• jarnytoon

Nov 25, 2011 at 5:36 PM

*though

• niffnoff

Nov 25, 2011 at 5:43 PM

Roshan…. I saw Smith and now I think you’re a mackem. 😐

• magpiebop

Nov 25, 2011 at 5:45 PM

4-4-1-1 Vs Manure
    Krul.
    Santon,STaylor,Collocini(c),RTaylor.
    SAMeobi,Gosling,Cabaye,Guttierez.
    Ben Arfa.
    Ameobi.

Subs- Elliot, Simpson, Obertan, Ferguson, Vuckic, Ba, Best.

Kicks ass

ALAN PARDEWS
    BLACK AND WHITE ARMY

HAWAY THE LADS

• Scottishtoon95

Nov 25, 2011 at 6:38 PM

magpiebop
    have to ask, why Shola instead of Ba?

• toonbrother

Nov 25, 2011 at 8:18 PM

Alan Smith? omg I hope we can at least keep the scoreline tomorrow respectable. I’ll be surprised if we get beat by less than 2 goals

• Graeme

Nov 25, 2011 at 8:23 PM

Smith?? ffs I thought the Assistant Corner Flag Attendant was comfy in his blanket, counting his money!! You surely aint suggesting he plays a game for NUFC are you?

There is absolutely NO place for the once footballer has-been in this NUFC team.

• Graeme

Nov 25, 2011 at 8:27 PM

Would be a crying shame if Collo was allowed to leave SJP; he is, undoubtedly, the best CB to grace NUFC since Prince Phillipe Albert half a lifetime ago lol.

Just hope common sense, rather than Shillings and Pence prevail in this one. Collo is almost priceless to the team at the moment!!

• Aussiedave

Nov 26, 2011 at 2:15 AM

fantastic player and a great leader, I would like to see Krul pass him the ball a hell of a lot more, rather than punt it upfield, with his quality and the ability of Cabaye and Tiote on the ball we should be passing and running teams off the park.
    This will reduce the number of 50-50 challenges in the game and allow our quality players to shine.

• HENDAS-NUFC

Nov 26, 2011 at 8:53 AM

@ roshan MAGPIE & magpiebop

Smith really roshan what the f makes u think he deserves to be in our squad ecpesialy against manu u got brain damage or something, and bright lad magpiebop haway man really our top scorer being replaced by shola why, yous to must be related.