Simpson Reminiscing About Red Devils – Could Soon Be Reminiscing About Magpies

Newcastle defender Danny Simpson has been told to sign his new five year contract by Newcastle manager Alan Pardew,  or risk being sold as early as in the January transfer window.

Danny Simpson challenges Balotelli last Saturday

The Salford-born 24 year-old defender will return to his first club this afternoon, when he should be lining up at right back for Newcastle at Old trafford, and it seems he still has fond memories of the Manchester club.

Simpson has been reminiscing about his time at Old Trafford:

“I looked up a picture the other day – I put it on Twitter – of my team when I was 12 years old. And it’s funny because there’s Fraizer Campbell, Ashley Grimes and Danny Guthrie in it as well. Good memories.

“Sir Alex is like a dad, not just to players. He’s a legend. He just said to me, ‘It’s time to move on’ and he thought if I progressed like he thought then I’ll do all right.”

“He always asks me how I am and how my family are. That’s the type of man he is.”  “I saw him a few weeks ago. It’s always good to see him. He remembers everyone.”

“It would be nice this week if we have a chat after the match and we’ve taken some points off them.”

And with a lot more votes in there’s still little sympathy for Danny Simpson on his contract negotiations from Newcastle supporters.

Should Newcastle Let Simpson Go If He Doesn't Sign A New Deal?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

And we really do think that Danny could be out of the Tyneside club by February 1st, if he refuses to sign his new contract, and Newcastle could bring in another full-back at that tim.

And it wouldn’t surprise us too much if it ended up being top Dutch International Erik Pieters.

• ginkoh

Nov 26, 2011 at 7:13 AM

Love to see him stay with us but that’s how football run nowadays.

• Toonboy_84

Nov 26, 2011 at 7:40 AM

• stevep

Nov 26, 2011 at 7:53 AM

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Simmo go in Jan, if he agrees to it
    Seems like he knows he can earn a lot more cash elsewhere
    Seems like the club have offered considerably less than that

Shame as whilst he isn’t the greatest he is a good solid right back, we may have paid decent money for Santon but pards has obviously seen enough to keep him on the bench

• 2 AMEOBI'S

Nov 26, 2011 at 8:10 AM

Toon to win 1-0 steven taylor power header 375/1 😀

• 2 AMEOBI'S

Nov 26, 2011 at 8:16 AM

Back on topic if simmo wont sign a new contract then he has to go simples.

• Benton Toon Exile

Nov 26, 2011 at 8:35 AM

Alex ferguson has pledged his love for Pardew.
    Alan Pardew may be maticulous in his preparation but he seems blind to the fact both his full backs are sh**!

He is blowing smoke up simpson’s backside. Why? Get rid of him now!

Ryan Taylor must be the worst left back in the league. Either play him in his correct position or not at all!

• Graeme

Nov 26, 2011 at 8:36 AM

If we sign Pieters, then Simpson would be his natural back-up, why get rid?

We have NO idea what contract, if any, he has been offered by NUFC or the terms and conditions it may, or may not contain – how can anyone pass judgement?

• Jawdboy

Nov 26, 2011 at 8:37 AM

Personally rate him as the weak link in the team at the moment. Offers nothing special going forward, hesitant in decision making and looks scared on the ball. That said our defensive record is not to be laughed at at present so perhaps its just me lol.

Would prefer to get a couple of million (realistic?) for him now, get Santon playing in there and put that money towards another defender

• thebionicMAG

Nov 26, 2011 at 8:45 AM

Jawdbow I’ve been saying that for ages. If we had a quality LB (hopefully this will be Santon) and RB our defence would be unbelievable (at least for a Newcastle Side). Simpson has improved but in my opinion he’s not good enough for a side that had top 6 aspirations…

• toonbrother

Nov 26, 2011 at 10:07 AM

Ive never seen this blog be so negative on a player. Simpson deserves an upgrade to his contract! Why should he not request one? He has been an massive asset for us this season and right now, he is FAR AND AWAY our best right back. Santon may be a top left back but i can assure you, as a RB he is average. Sorry but simpson deserves better treatment by the fans!!! This is disgraceful

• thebionicMAG

Nov 26, 2011 at 11:22 AM

‘Ive never seen this blog be so negative on a player…’

@ toonbrother

I’m not trying to be disrespectful but there is a reason. I love Newcastle United but I will not sugar coat every player for the sake of ‘fan spirit in this forum. I always give credit where credit is is due in my opinion, and criticism for those who struggle. Simpson may be our best RB but all that proves is that Newcastle don’t have very good right backs.

• thebionicMAG

Nov 26, 2011 at 11:26 AM

Its time we had rock solid left and right backs so our wingers can have the confidence to push forward and do serious damage. They cant do that if they have to spend too much of the time covering our defenders. Yes every player has (at some point) to defend but the balance has to be right.