It’s All So Very Tough On Steven Taylor – He’s Simply Devastated

Let’s just say front we feel really sorry for Steven Taylor, that he’s now going to be out for the season with his Achilles injury.

Steven Taylor with referee Mike Dean Saturday

Since Taylor was injured in January of last year against WBA, he has played only 29 times for the side, and assuming he’s out until the summer e will have played only that number of times for Newcastle in 30 months.

And it makes it even harder to bear that Steven has been in the best form of his career for Newcastle and has been simply outstanding in Newcastle’s much improved defense this season.

Fro the record Steven has played a total of 202 times for Newcastle with 13 goals.

And Steven was naturally more than disappointed when he talked to the local press this morning:

“I’m absolutely devastated.” “I’ve been here before with my shoulder injury, and I’m just focused on working hard and getting back after the operation.”

“I’ve just got to get myself fit again.” “There’s no time limit, I’ll be ready when I’m ready.” “There’s no point rushing it – I’ve just got to make sure I’m right.”

“I thought someone had kicked me, but when I turned around there was no one there.” “It felt so weird – I’ve never felt anything like it.”

“I tried to walk and it was so sore – I didn’t know what was going on.”  “I came off and Derek, Hendo and the doc examined it.”

“I’m in very good hands at the club – the medical staff and people behind the scenes are fantastic.” “We’ve got a fantastic team spirit in the dressing room, and I still want to be part of it.”

“I now want to help the lads – I’ll be kicking and heading every ball like every Newcastle fan. We’ve done fantastically well so far, and I’m sure we’ll kick on.”

“I just want to be involved.” “I’ll be involved with the lads every day.” “I wish them all the best. We were disappointed with the last result, but we’ve got quality all around the pitch, and we’ll stick together.”

Steven’s injury directly led to the two late Chelsea goals as for their second goal Steven was simply out of action having just ruptured his Achilles, and so we were short in central defense.

And then their third goal three minutes into injury time was when we had only 10 men on the field.

As we’ve said before, this is all so very tough on the Whitley Bay lad, but as he says he’ll be seeing the other players every day as he rehabilitates from what is always a very serious injury.

All Steven needs to do is  get himself 100% fit again, and who knows when he comes back for next season, we may see Newcastle back in European competition again.

Hope so.

• Thump

Dec 5, 2011 at 12:59 PM

Absolutely gutted. The one thing we really could have done without happening and it happens.

It’ll be an interested squad selection for Pards though. Does anybody know if we can get an emergency loan?

• GeordieGerman

Dec 5, 2011 at 1:02 PM

Can imagine very mixed feelings at our club. Devastation from Saylor. Joy from Perch and Santon at getting a chance at last. Told you so from Pardew and anger from Ashley as he realises Pardew was right and he has to get his wallet out in January.

• Foxy005

Dec 5, 2011 at 1:03 PM

If Mike Dean wasn’t to scared to make the right call against a ‘big’ team like Chelsea and red card Luiz then maybe the game wouldn’t of been so high tempo and intense, meaning Saylor & Colo might not of injured themselfs.

#ButterflyEffect xD

• GeordieGerman

Dec 5, 2011 at 1:08 PM

Hope this helps Thump:

Although, in England, the transfer window formally opens on 1 July, transfers between clubs in the same association can take place as soon as the last competitive fixtures for the season have been played. However, many transfers will not be completed until 1 July because many players’ contracts expire on 30 June. Outside of the transfer window, a club may still sign players on an emergency basis, usually if they have no goalkeeper available. Special dispensation from their competition’s governing body, for example the Premier League, is required. The transfer window restriction does not apply to clubs below Football Conference level.

• Dannyo

Dec 5, 2011 at 1:18 PM

I think i’d cry myself to sleep the day i found out i was injured after a run like that, especially for the season.
    I really do feel completely gutted for Saylor, he plays with such heart and determination, and he bleeds black and white.
    Saylor is the epitome of Newcastle, he represents it so well in every way.
    A toon army hero in the making.

• martoon

Dec 5, 2011 at 1:23 PM

Realistically we are not going to get an emergency loan for a centre back especially so close to the January transfer window. Who would you get on loan? Wes Brown and John O’Shea might be available soon but I don’t think so 🙂

• nden85

Dec 5, 2011 at 1:23 PM

such bad luck and cruel after he’s played so well. I suggest signing G Cahill in Jan if we can, he only has 6 months remaining and would be a good replacement.

• Conan The Destroyer

Dec 5, 2011 at 2:14 PM

I feel sad for Stevie he is a class CB.. and deserves better.. When Colo went off he stood up…

• lordjoesnow

Dec 5, 2011 at 2:38 PM

Cahill’s going to be serving a 3 match ban after his red this weekend!

• nden85

Dec 5, 2011 at 3:30 PM

yeah so he will be perfectly rested by the time the transfer window opens