Newcastle Defender Loves Newcastle – Wants To Stay On Tyneside

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew seems worried he may be losing some of his top players again.

Danny Simpson – wants to stay on Tyneside

In a report we published earlier today Alan  is concerned that the contact negotiations ongoing  with both Fabricio Coloccini, his captain, and Danny Simpson, Newcastle’s right back are dragging on.

No doubt the Newcastle manager is worried that there are mounting contract disputes again with a couple of his top players and the Newcastle Board.

We cannot forget that in the summer, Alan lost both Kevin Nolan and Joey Barton because  they couldn’t agree deals to stay on Tyneside.

Only last week Pardew warned Danny Simpson that if he didn’t sign his contract soon, then he may have to sell him, and as early as next month in the January transfer window.

The good news is that Danny has given an interview with Shoot and he says he would like to stay at Newcastle.

This is what Simpson said:

“I am happy here, Newcastle are happy with me and want me to stay.”  “Everyone in football now knows that contracts don’t get sorted overnight.”

“I am pretty sure in the next few weeks or early in the New Year something will get sorted.”  “The main thing is I am happy here and Newcastle are happy with me and my performances and happy with the way I am progressing.”

“This is the longest I have ever lived away from Manchester and I feel it’s part of my life now,”  “Everywhere I go in Newcastle the people are so friendly and so passionate about football.”

“They ask about my family, how I am doing… when people accept you like that it makes things a lot easier.”  “I really do love this city and until you live here you don’t realise what the people and place are like.”

The news is that Danny has been offered a new five year deal to secure his future on Tyneside, and this is not the first time the Salford-born player has spoken in lyrical terms about Tyneside, and  wanting to stay at Newcastle United.

There’s an easy solution to fix that for Danny – sign along the dotted line – and as soon as possible.

Comments welcome.

• Dannyo

Dec 8, 2011 at 8:05 PM

#SignItSimmo
    Get it trending 😛

In all seriousness tho, the rumour is that he’s on very low wages compared to the other players, and he’s probably gotten a rise in his contract, but it’s not enough for him.
    I dunno what to think about that.
    Yes, there should be some equality in the squad concerning pay, but if u’re already making like £20000 a week, u really shouldn’t complain should u?

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Dec 8, 2011 at 8:08 PM

@Dannyo from previous thread, yeah I was furious when I heard the stadium name change, but I think we will see a lot of other clubs resorting to that measure as a source of income, when we are fully self sufficient I think we will see the stadium change back to its original name, just a theory that purely depends on footballing and financial success but we will see. I for one am excited by this new era, not dreading it, this will pay off. If it doesn’t then I will hold my hands up and admit I was wrong, but for now I am firmly getting behind all sections of the club, Pards, the lads, and our owner.

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Dec 8, 2011 at 8:09 PM

Go on simmo, just put that pen to paper and we’ll say no more about it 😛

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Dec 8, 2011 at 8:10 PM

Dannyo mate are you at the U-18s how are they getting on do you know?

• Dannyo

Dec 8, 2011 at 8:11 PM

@Ruddy
    And u’re fully entitled to mate, i too am behind Pards and our lads.
    The owner does some good things, but also some that are repulsive imo.
    Still a long way to go to redemption for MA me thinks.

• Dannyo

Dec 8, 2011 at 8:14 PM

@Ruddy
    Nah mate, i’m just following the tweets and nufc.co.uk. atm 😉
    2nd half just started.
    We’re up 1-0, a header from Remie Streete.

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Dec 8, 2011 at 8:17 PM

Well come January, and the end of the season we will see where MA’s intentions for the long term future of the club lies, the investments provided, depth of the squad. Look at the youth set up of the squad, look at players like |Remi Streete who is amazing by all accounts, the Spark Michael Richardson, JJ Hooper who has been touted as a big player for the future and that is all down to MA’s policies, KK didn’t want to develop young talent he just wanted wads and wads of cash to throw around just he did when he was over the “Entertainers”…a team that gets way too much credit in my opinion. Look at Moyes, how they are run and how he consistently performs, they are broke, something we aren’t, but they have shown that financial constraints and tight fiscal policy does not negate strong performances on the pitch, give it time and MA’s ideas will reap rewards, if he could create better communication with the fans then he would go a long way to winning a lot of them back onside

• WWJBD

Dec 8, 2011 at 8:25 PM

Hmmmm I wont be happy until he has actually signed a damn contract other than that its all words and bluster as far as am concerned

• Jail for Ashley

Dec 8, 2011 at 8:28 PM

@Ruddy
    There is simply no need to call me a fool I am as one track minded anti Ashley as you are pro Ashley,its just our opinions, we are sixth and Im over the moon about it,but seeing as were in a stong financial position now I dont know how anyone can be happy about top players being sold for profits that doesnt get reinvested,and yes it does stifle the fans ambtions knowing that if your top players werent being sold that a champions leaugue spot is achievable,Spurs arent owned by a Soveriegn state or a russian gangster but they managed to fend off a 40 million bid for Modric knowing that if he did go only another stint in the Europa league would be on the cards,youre talking about survival like we were Burnley or Hull,we were in the Champions league not that long ago

• Dannyo

Dec 8, 2011 at 8:29 PM

wwjbd
    With u there mate, it’s all talk so far, loving the club and wanting to stay counts for nothing unless u actually sign the contract.
    Less talk, more action.

• Dannyo

Dec 8, 2011 at 8:30 PM

Magnusson scores, 2-0 NUFC.
    A 25 yarder too 🙂

• Ben_W

Dec 8, 2011 at 8:31 PM

in regards to the name change, i hope it was a clever way of ashley injecting some money. most people just think owners just plunge money into football clubs, but you can’t. You have to either do a cash injection, which isn’t ideal as it can lower share prices; a director’s loan, or purchase some form of asset etc, so hopefully ashley is using this as an excuse to give the club a bit of money. i know many will think this is ridiculous, but a lot of people don’t actually understand how businesses work (and unfortunately it is still a business).

• WWJBD

Dec 8, 2011 at 8:32 PM

Dannyo
    Exactly bud haha but I really hope Simmo signs up

• t00ntime

Dec 8, 2011 at 8:32 PM

On the last page people were complaing that pardew shudnt be talking about the ref and that he shid move on…

I dont know why people are saying this cause he has a valid point. I players make a late tackle(mistake) they can be forced to miss games. Yet when ref’s make game changing mistakes everyone says aw well carry on.

Ref’s shud be able to be punished for big mistakes or continous small mistakes otherwise there can always be bribes etc (ok bribes might not happen often, but the amount of times big teams get game changing decisions there way is unbelivable) If ref’s can be banned we can make it much more fair.

Not just the ref of last saturday shud be punished but also the one from the wolves game and man utd game, even if there only banned for one match.

Or te FA cud put in a point system (like a car license) too many mistakes over the season and u get fired/moved down to championship. (worse mistakes more points) surely that wud help

Either way ref’s have to know that if they keep making mistakes they will be punished, that way they will be more focussed and less non-sense penalties

• Ben_W

Dec 8, 2011 at 8:37 PM

There is a marking system for refs mate. After every game the manager of a team has to do a load of paperwork and rate the refs performance etc and if it’s bad say why etc. etc. However i have no idea how much impact it actually makes! i agree that it’s unfair that refs don’t seem to get penalised, but it may well be they get fines etc that aren’t publicly shouted about.

• Dannyo

Dec 8, 2011 at 8:38 PM

WWJBD
    Yeah, well, i think there are better RBs out there, but for now he’s the best we’ve got, but if we focused on improving the position, he’d still be a strong squad player.

• Dannyo

Dec 8, 2011 at 8:38 PM

Campbell scores after a good pass from Knight, 3-0 NUFC.

• t00ntime

Dec 8, 2011 at 8:39 PM

Hmm never new that ben lol I hope they do get fined or something, or that they atleast look at the paper work lol

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Dec 8, 2011 at 8:42 PM

With the players we have believe me a Champions League spot is not achievable! let’s not get delusional. We were in the CL 8 years ago, Leeds were in the Champions League in 2001, a mere 10 years ago, in that time they have went bust and suffered 2 relegations, put things into perspective. I actually am not pro Ashley, I have come around to his reign over the club, and to compare us to Tottenham is premature at this stage, they have come through their transitional stage and are genuine contenders for the 4th spot, we have to come through our period of transition to be considered genuine contenders, when we have done that we can stave off offers for our players because we will be in a position to do so, we can’t do that yet, so let’s think twice before picking up the pitchforks if Tiote is sold for big money

• WWJBD

Dec 8, 2011 at 8:44 PM

t00ntime
    If ya did that there would be no refs to do matches then were would we be? There is already a lack of young refs coming through because of the pressure and hatred people put on them. Also if u cut out the refs mistakes u take away half the fun of football. Personally I enjoy how football is atm

Dannyo
    Aye but better ones would cost money and like crap are we going to let any of that go 😉 plus Simmo just keeps getting better imo I am happy with him as our RB

• Dannyo

Dec 8, 2011 at 8:47 PM

@wwjbd
    Ye, Simmos grown on me this season, but i think Raylors recent abysmal performance has to get some credit for that, lol.

Onto something different: Vidic – Ruptured cruciate ligament.
    See u at the beginning of the 2012 season in the summer.

• t00ntime

Dec 8, 2011 at 8:49 PM

The best thing to then prob do is fine em, I just think sumthing shud happen lol but like u said there is alot pf preassure on em, definatly since that england V portugal came when our 2-1 was disallowed and the ref had to quit his job cause of all the death threats :O (that was going a bit over the top lol I guess the best option wud b to fine em or warn them and then fine)

• WWJBD

Dec 8, 2011 at 8:50 PM

Dannyo
    Aye gutted for Vidic he just came back from a injury was a nasty thing to watch as well

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Dec 8, 2011 at 8:52 PM

Best CB in the Prem, shame to see anyone suffering an injury like that, so that’ll be him for the rest of the season then?

• WWJBD

Dec 8, 2011 at 8:53 PM

t00ntime
    Ideally I agree that refs should be called on if they make a huge mistake but at the same time they deserve to be protected. If fans/player respected the refs more it would be fine to punish them but if Dean (for example) was fined or punished in anyway the players and fans would never forget or forgive it…pretty much his career would be hugely damaged forever

• nimo

Dec 8, 2011 at 8:53 PM

Really worried bout tiote he was only supposed to miss 1 game. when it was 2 all the scaremongers was out saying hes been kept out t make sure hes not injured before jan n to b sold.. 6 games later im starting t wonder if theres any truth in what started as mindless rumours

• Willo

Dec 8, 2011 at 8:55 PM

Danny, if you like it on Tyneside, SIGN THE CONTRACT.

• Dannyo

Dec 8, 2011 at 8:56 PM

FULL TIME: Newcastle U18S (3-0) Darlington U18S (Remie Streete 28mins, Marcus Maddison 71mins, Adam Campbell 74mins)

Good job lads, Knight and Streete seemed to have great matches, glad to see Streete and Campbell on the scoresheet, my two favorites for stardom.

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Dec 8, 2011 at 8:57 PM

Nimo there quite simply is no truth in that rumour, even if he does get sold in January, his injury has nothin to do with it.

• Dannyo

Dec 8, 2011 at 8:59 PM

@willo
    Lol, thought u were talkin to me for a moment then 😛
    Oh, maybe u are… *the silence looms*

• t00ntime

Dec 8, 2011 at 9:04 PM

I see the problem WWJBD :S well maybe one day fans will respect ref’s … Yet again there’s more chance of newcastle winning the league for the next 5 years then ref’s being respected lol

(also sumone said the entertainers were overrated, not trying to get u angry but who/what was over rated, shearer,ferdinand,ginola,gascoigne,albert, gillespie ?
    The only thing that might be overrated is (king) kev cause anyone cud of got us 2nd with that team lol(cant believe zidane wanted us but we didnt want him :O) our defense was never overrated cause everybody knew we were full out attack lol

• WWJBD

Dec 8, 2011 at 9:06 PM

t00ntime
    Haha exactly….one thing them bleeding egg chasers have over us.

• robertsleftfoot

Dec 8, 2011 at 9:12 PM

im not pretending to know him or spend time with him, however when on the drink in town once with my mates we seen danny simpson in the gate and had pics taken a bit of crack about the game the usual stuff, one of my pals asked why he wasnt signing permanent(this obviously being when he was on loan) and his reply was infront of around 6 or 7 of us, i am only asking for the same money as the other right back at the club ryan taylor, the right back i am keeping out of the team, he said he asked for 12k a week and they hadnt yet offered 10K, so im thinking this lad is on pennys for someone who is supposedly on the radar of the national manager and a few prem clubs, even bloody wigan, wolves or west brom could treble his wages and in my view, if some other company asked me to leave for treble my wage i would leave too

• t00ntime

Dec 8, 2011 at 9:20 PM

Yet if I was earning 12000 a week for a job I like doing I wudnt really care about treble wages xD (yet again its human nature to want more money, so its understandable yet ate the same time none of the players shud complain and EVERY player (even messi) shud have a max wage of 15k a week, surely thats more then fair lol)

• Thump

Dec 8, 2011 at 9:21 PM

@robertsleftfoot: I’ve spoken to him a couple of times and was fortunate enough to enjoy a drink and a bit of banter with him in the Opera Bar (that got me a bit of attention from the females!) and he’s always came across as a very honest, sincere person. He’s never given me numbers like so I can’t comment on that other than “I’m not on as much as you’d think” – which is a sentence that would cause me some serious concern if it came from Ranger’s gob.

But aye, he’s on a pittance compared to most other footballers of his stature in the league but I think we all knew that in fairness.

• Thump

Dec 8, 2011 at 9:22 PM

haha t00ntime, if you were on 12k a week and somebody offered you 24k? I’d be off like a shot lol

That said, most of us have had to graft for pennies in comparison. Christ, I’d be happy with £500 a week!

• t00ntime

Dec 8, 2011 at 9:27 PM

Haha when u get 12k a week and get offerd 24 the 12 looks like nothing 😛 but average people like us wud kill for half that or even only 500 like u said. the strange world we live in 😛

• Thump

Dec 8, 2011 at 9:33 PM

Exactly mate!

That said, I’m watching that “Inside Facebook” documentary that was on the other day… at my age Mark Zuckerberg was worth more than I’ll be in my entire life o_O

Very strange world!

• t00ntime

Dec 8, 2011 at 9:38 PM

Haha I watched that the other day 😛 if I got offerd the 15billion I wud of sold up and went and lived in the bahamas xD screw working lol. To think how easy people can get rich, with only a bit of imagination :S

• dannyruff

Dec 8, 2011 at 9:42 PM

I work in a well known shop in Leeds, over the last few weeks we had, Simpson, gosling, best and yesterday ranger in, I spoke to Danny simpson in depth he said he loves the club, the fans wants to stay but has no idea what goes on upstairs, he also said jonas got a contract because the wanted to persuade collo to sign one!!