Injury Update From Alan Pardew – Good News – Bad News

Some disappointing news today that Mike Williamson has little chance of making the Swansea game on Saturday.

Williamson – little chance of making Swansea game, but could be on bench

That’s according to manager Alan Pardew, so it will be a good question as to who partners Coloccini, who will be returning the the starting line-up.

This is what Alan told the local Newcastle press today:

“Williamson will be a tough call.” “He hasn’t really done much.”

“He might have a run around in the reserves, but to ask him to play in the first team is a long shot.”

As we had mentioned earlier today,  the Reserves play Bolton Wanderers at home tomorrow, and we would expect Mike to start that game and play about 45 minutes.

And then Alan was asked about Coloccini, and  he said Fab just wasn’t fit enough to play on Saturday – which was  a big pity:

“It wasn’t like I spared him for next week, he just couldn’t play.”  “We don’t think he’s too bad – he’s got a chance for next week.”

“Tiote’s a possibility, and that’ll be a big lift.”  “Not only have we lost three key players, we’ve got our captain missing as well.”

“It’s the spirit sometimes of people on the pitch that can make a difference.”

The Newcastle defense were just very poor on Saturday, there’s just no getting away from that, and it was disappointing and even painful to watch just how poor the lads were at the back.

However, it’s just one game and we had loads of injuries, but it will now be interesting to see who Alan brings in to partner Coloccini  in central defense on Saturday, assuming Mike cannot make it.

We think he’ll choose Jame Perch, but Danny Simpson seems to have a better feel for center-back,  although he’s a bit short.

But if they move Danny over and rely on Colo to head most of the balls clear, and organize the back four as he always does,  the two full backs could then be Ryan Taylor and Davide Santon.

The 20 year-old Italian International, based on his performance on Saturday afternoon deserves to keep his place in the side.

He looked a good player in the making,  and all he needs now is a run of games  in the Premier League,  so he can get used to the extra pace and physicality (I made the word up) of  English football.

But this lad looks like he could turn out to be another stellar find by Graham Carr.

What do you think?

Comments welcome.

There’ slaways Tamas Kadar but Alan Pardew must have ve

• jarnytoon

Dec 12, 2011 at 12:51 PM

I’m pretty sure physicality is actually a word…….could be wrong!

i hope he see’s sense and goes for kadar and collo as not only are they the tallest CB’s availble, but they are both very calm and assured on the ball.

i agree santon should start at LB and sorry to say raylor drop to the bench! fingers cross tiote is back so that cabaye can get up the field and pepper the goal with some shots.

we all knew we’d have a bad run eventually, it’s just how we react and bounce back from that shows what kind of team we have. 2 home games against Swansea and WBA, winnable, but take the mentality that these are must win games!

• Rotonda heights

Dec 12, 2011 at 12:54 PM

Colo is more of a sweeper, not so much a headerer.
    The mere suggestion of ever playing perch ever again at centre back or anyhwere else sends shivers down me. Whatever it takes, even Best at the back, NO perch !!!!! If Perch is played again and raylor is still left back then it will show pardew has learnt nothing.

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Dec 12, 2011 at 12:55 PM

Kadar has no future at the club. If he isn’t even making the bench in the midst of a CB crisis then he must not be doing enough at training. If this is the case then I will be glad to see him go as we do not need any time wasters who don’t put in effort at our club.

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Dec 12, 2011 at 12:57 PM

It will show that he has kept faith with players who were part of a squad that have got his side 26 pts and up to 7th in the league. It is easy to back players when they score great goals and win us games, but the second they may under perform in positions they don’t even regularly play in then you are slating them. Fickle bandwagon supporters really piss me off.

• Robby Bobson

Dec 12, 2011 at 12:57 PM

Saylor and Colo were brilliant together, but Williamson at times last season was fantastic…when he had a run in the team, most memorably Arsenal away he showed some good form.

Prone to the odd mistake, but he is the best centre half in the air for us I think anyway (better than Colo/Taylor) so as long as he comes back and we dont have to play Perch centre half the loss of Saylor will be not be disasterous.

As mentioned several times on a post the other day, Williamson kept his place last season even when Saylor has fit again.

• Jan Stavik

Dec 12, 2011 at 12:59 PM

Krul
    Simpson – Colo – Santon – Raylor
    Obertan – Cabaye – Tiote – Gutierrez
    Best – Ba

Bring on the sheepsh@aggers! 😉

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Dec 12, 2011 at 1:01 PM

I think the team will be

Krul
    Simmo-Colo-Perch-Santon
    Obertan-Cabaye-Tiote-Guti
    Hba
    Ba

• chris_g

Dec 12, 2011 at 1:09 PM

“We don’t think he’s too bad – he’s got a chance for next week.”

Ed – If that’s what Pardew said, why are you saying that Colo WILL be playing???

• Klatoon

Dec 12, 2011 at 1:09 PM

We’ll definitely need Tiote,swansea’s midfield is a handful with their quick passing and mobility. If Smith plays he’ll see red before halftime

• LEROI

Dec 12, 2011 at 1:21 PM

Surely Pardew can’t play Raylor @ LB/RB again? Raylors flank no matter which flank is his is always our weakest, it was childs play for Norwich to get in behind him on saturday & there not even known for there skill in that area at all!
    I couldn’t blame Simmo or Perch for Being embarrased on Saturday! it was a bad choice by Pardew to play them there when every1 knew they would play that way with high set pieces and balls being headed @ goal all the time! AP’s tactics started off amazing this season but got worse & worse, sorry if any1 is enraged by my opinion but it is what it is!

• Vinicinhos

Dec 12, 2011 at 1:26 PM

Williamson out, good, put Kadar!!!!

• GeordieToon89

Dec 12, 2011 at 1:29 PM

Hope thaz no sheep sh*gger chants on saturday as its a day to remember Gary Speed a toon and a WELSH legend wont be very good if the section of mindless fans start singin that especially infront of speedos wife and kids… Also if it was between simo and perch to partner colo then it has to be simo a thought he did well on sat won some key headers especially for his height a thought he played well

• LEROI

Dec 12, 2011 at 1:37 PM

So here’s the ”realistic” back4 for Sat i am forced to pick knowing AP stubborness for sticking with at least 1 bad choice from the week before, in each area

….Simmo……..Perch…….Collo…….Santon……

Here’s My back four just for fun

….Simmo……..Santon……..Collo……..Ferguson….

• jimmymagpie

Dec 12, 2011 at 1:38 PM

Some of you don’t half take a lot for granted in listening to the usual Pardew bollocks on injuries. Colo was certain for the Swansea game over the weekend, now he just ‘has a chance’. Tiote is once again just a possibility, not even a probability. I fear we are not being told the truth about Tiote, and we’ll soon be told that he’s on his way out of the club, or, heading for the operation he probabl;y should have had weeks ago. As John Gibson says today, this is a very mysterious injury. Also, Ba is the only one who looks like scoring at the moment, and he’s off in 3 weeks.

• Munster Mag

Dec 12, 2011 at 1:40 PM

I didnt see highlights on saturday. was Obertan as bad as usual ? I read Santon was very poor in a newspaper….any truth in that? Thanks lads

• Rotonda heights

Dec 12, 2011 at 1:47 PM

Leroi

Yes I think santon, Colo, Simmo, Fergie could work

• jimmymagpie

Dec 12, 2011 at 1:51 PM

Munster Mag – I was at Carrow Road, and in my opinion, Santon did ok with the ball at his feet, but was very lightweight defensively. Allowed too many crosses, which added to the woes in the middle, and for a bloke of over 6 feet, was very poor in the air, but I would give him a game or two, because I fear Raylor is now a passenger. Obertan was good in parts, but he certainly has a touch of the headless chicken about him, and he’s never going to be anything other than a journeyman pro.

• Billy1985

Dec 12, 2011 at 1:55 PM

tiote is going

• jimmymagpie

Dec 12, 2011 at 2:07 PM

Just in the last 5 mins, I have been told by a pal on the Shields Gazette, that NUFC have today refused to comment on reports that Chelsea are in talks with Tiote’s advisers.

• Jail for Ashley

Dec 12, 2011 at 2:13 PM

Jimmy
    Is that a good thing or a bad thing,me thinks bad if he wasnt going anywhere they would have come out and said he wasn’t for sale,it would be a nice feeling for the fat man to issue a ”hands off none of our players are for sale” statement.

• warwick

Dec 12, 2011 at 2:24 PM

Theres no correlation between tiote not playing and him moving to Chelsea.
    Not saying it won’t happen but I doubt it.
    If he was fit he would be playing even if he was leaving.

• nimo

Dec 12, 2011 at 2:25 PM

Seriously bored of the talk of tiote going.. If he goes he goes even thou im not happy with it.. chelseas main priority will be modric so im not overly worried. and all nufc say regarding transfers in and out is no comment as that is there strict policy.. pards has said all along all he will say is he hopes no1 leaves after the carrolgate incident….. as reguards to prev game its ok having a go at perch n simmo but ameobi was markibg holt on corners.. static comes to mind

• planb

Dec 12, 2011 at 2:25 PM

If tiote is going could he please take ashelys toadie yes man pardew with him as he will have proved himself to be a complete liar to the the fans its just like the Andy carroll fiasco its all about the profit margins!

• AP's Black & White Army

Dec 12, 2011 at 2:26 PM

Jimmy

You’re one of the few sensible people on here. I’ve seen you be ridiculed a number of times, only to be proven right later on; the latest case being the Saylor injury. You said he would be out for the season straight after the match and got dogs abuse, low and behold, you were correct. People should really clue themselves up, before attacking others.

Whether Tiote is leaving or not, we’re being taken for a ride with this ‘injury’. Either our medical staff are totally inept in dealing with some types of injuries, or he is going and AP has being given the task of stringing us along, until January. If the deal is tied up, we won’t play him, as that jeopardises the medical aspect.

• garside090909

Dec 12, 2011 at 2:29 PM

its pretty obvious, if you don’t wanna sell a player then come out a say exactly that. The fact that Pardews been pussy footing around the issue for a month now and no hands off warning has been issued and now we’ve got the old ‘no comment’ shit being spouted. All this means one of 2 things, he’s off in Jan or he’ll sulk around for the next 5 months and disappear in the Summer. I’ve been flying for the last 3 months, really pleased with the team and I don’t intend to start being negative but this has happened before its gonna happen again.

• Jail for Ashley

Dec 12, 2011 at 2:29 PM

Just been checking out the price of undersoil heating and the latest gadgetry will set you back 18.5 million I wonder if the Tiote money would cover this must have addition to the training ground

• jimmymagpie

Dec 12, 2011 at 2:38 PM

AP – I knew about the Saylor injury because I got a get well text from a friend of many years standing who just happens to be one of the physios, literally 5 mins from the end of that game. I’ve asked him repeatedly about Tiote and he sticks to the official line, but I’ve told him I’m sceptical, and he just shrugs his shoulders – so God knows what is happening!

• jimmymagpie

Dec 12, 2011 at 2:40 PM

At 27 – I should have said 5mins after the end of the game.

• hitman

Dec 12, 2011 at 2:44 PM

RIP BOWBURN MAG

• AP's Black & White Army

Dec 12, 2011 at 2:49 PM

As I say mate, no reason to doubt you. I think the people who didn’t believe you could get an answer so swiftly, don’t realise, just how easy it is to diagnose certain injuries. I’ve ruptured my achilles tendon before; limped into my GPs office, he asked me to take my shoes and socks off, turn around and go up on my tip-toes, from that and a little prodding around, he knew my injury just like that!

With regards to Tiote, buckle yourselves in and brace yourselves for the worst, that’s what I’m doing.

• Cockney Magpie

Dec 12, 2011 at 2:52 PM

Raylor–Simmo–Colo–Santon

That’s the realistic back 4 for saturday

• Munster Mag

Dec 12, 2011 at 2:52 PM

Jimmy, thanks for the insight. I still rape Pardew, and think things will improve, but only with serious strengthening. I would asume truth in the Tiote rumour, but would also assume Carr has a plan. I think if there is one club in the prem league who is good to sell and given player, its us. All that has been forgotten in the stampede by Bills-son and co to deify Ashley and ridicule his haters. As for Obertan, lets face it, his only real ability is as an outlet ball, and he was defo bought on the back of the conversation between Fergie and Pardew re Bartons twitter account. I’d take Barton in his place all day long.

• Munster Mag

Dec 12, 2011 at 2:55 PM

Sorry …typo..I mean I still RATE Pardew !!!!!!!!!!!

• gorgonzola

Dec 12, 2011 at 3:01 PM

Yeah as I said earlier would not be surprised in the slightest he is a gonner…But Chealsea ….damn…they are awful with the likes of that scum Terry and Lampard they give me the creeps…Villas Boas the arrogant prat hell Jose was a polite God to this fellow…

IF its not 25 mill It would be a fail sell…. or worst not bringing in anybody to replace would be even worse wich is what just might happen as History has a tendency to prove itself and if that is the case, I am putting my nufc shirt on hold until the fat man leaves and a normal individual arrives at St. James Park and has ambition for this club….

Somebody mentioned selling Tiote is a sign of lack of ambition and I agree 100%

• Toon Tang

Dec 12, 2011 at 3:01 PM

hahaha munster

thats the best typo ive seen in a while. rather you than me anyways mate

• Munster Mag

Dec 12, 2011 at 3:10 PM

Is it just me, or was Pardew talking horlicks when wittering on about Taylor/AVB/Luiz? Lets face it , Villas Boas is a little arrogant runt, but our man is being daft….

• Rotonda heights

Dec 12, 2011 at 3:14 PM

warwick, like carroll you mean !!!

• Rotonda heights

Dec 12, 2011 at 3:17 PM

yeah but what can you do if someone’s head has been turned (tapped up) and they want to leave. best thing you can do is extract the most money and bring on an Abeid

• Rotonda heights

Dec 12, 2011 at 3:21 PM

Munster,

how often do you your rape pardew?

• Toonboy_84

Dec 12, 2011 at 3:22 PM

@ 34

Hang up your shirt?

Fat ash could sell Tiote, Colo, krul, HBA and cabaye in Jan and I’d still support the TOON. I wouldn’t agree with it but I’m a mag for life. It’s in the blood. No fat man is gonna take that away from me! HWTL!