The Newcastle United Blog

News and Commentary On Newcastle United Football Club By Ed Harrison, A Proud Exiled Geordie And Lifelong Fan

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!



Both Coloccini And Tiote Only 50-50 For Tomorrow

3:21 am, Friday, December 16th, 2011 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 8 Comments

There has been a lot of news on Cheick Tiote in the last few weeks and whether he will leave Newcastle, and the midfielder  is still only 50-50 for the game tomorrow against Swansea.

Coloccini – still only 50-50 for Saturday

That’s the bad news from Alan Pardew and surprisingly Fab Coloccini is also only 50-50, even after almost making the game last Saturday at Norwich.

And the news today is that Mike Ashley is already fully involved with the upcoming January transfer window, and Alan Pardew held talks with Mike Ashley yesterday.

That was for the second time in the last week, and both are working to bring in a top center-back next month.

This is what Alan Pardew said about the transfer market:

“Cheik is vulnerable because he is a quality player. Great players will be ­targets.”  “We value him very highly here and expect him to stay, but I’ve learnt from the Andy Carroll ­situation.”

“I can confirm there have been no bids but that does not mean to say something might not come out of the fire.” “But it will be ­difficult to get him out of here. If he did go, it would have to be for silly ­money.”

“Cheik is a warrior. He brings a winning personality on to the pitch and we’ve missed his presence and his power.”  “Danny Guthrie was absolutely ­brilliant in the spell when he was initially out but he needed to be because that is how ­important Cheik is to us.”

“There’s ­certainly one player who will be coming in and we’re hoping for two,”  “Mike is very focused?on what a great season we’re having.”

24 year-old Sochaux striker Modidbo Maiga is almost certain to complete his move to Tyneside in early January, and it looks like Newcastle will bring in at least one other player – a center-back.

There is continual news of Newcastle bringing in Taye Taiwo, the 48 times capped Nigerian International left-back, who is not getting many games at AC Milan.

The player is keen to make a move next month, with Newcastle said to be trying to negotiate a loan move for the former Marseilles player.

It looks like Newcastle will definitely get two players in, and possibly even a third one, before February rolls around.

But on Saturday against Swansea, Newcastle could still be without both Colo and Tiote,  as Alan mentioned in his press conference.

And if that’s true Newcastle could struggle again, as we did last week at Norwich, to get the win we desperately need.

Comments welcome.



Tags: Cheick Tiote · Fabricio Coloccini · Loan Moves · Newcastle News · Transfer News and Rumours



<


8 responses so far ↓

  • 1 ilovetoon8788 // Dec 16, 2011 at 3:35 AM

    bye bye tiote.

  • 2 blissna // Dec 16, 2011 at 3:37 AM

    I pray that colo is fit. Will make all the difference.

  • 3 Sav // Dec 16, 2011 at 4:06 AM

    He doesn’t usually BS but I hope he’s only bluffing this time!

  • 4 markmac // Dec 16, 2011 at 9:32 AM

    I dont normally like to gamble on a players fitness but if collo is out then we really need willo to ‘have a go’ even if he cant play the full 90 !!

  • 5 toonbrother // Dec 16, 2011 at 9:46 AM

    Its really a disgrace he’s considering letting Tiote go. Just goes to show what a greedy fat bast*rd Ashley is

  • 6 markmac // Dec 16, 2011 at 9:48 AM

    i dont want him to go, but i think they no there going to get offers so there thinking may be that if they put a sky high price on him it mite scare them off, hopefully chelski will go back after modric instead….

  • 7 Graeme // Dec 16, 2011 at 11:43 AM

    I don’t think anyone is considering letting Tiote go anywhere; A healthy display of realism is not a bad thing at this time.

    If someone comes in with an offer of £30 million or more, we would be stupid not to consider it, providing the vast majority of the money was used to buy a replacement and strengthen the squad.

    I sincerely hope we sell no players in January, but you have to react to anything that comes, in the way of offers for our players. MA allegedly turned down 4 offers for AC before accepting what we all agree was stupid money from the Bin Dippers, which has since been fully justified.

  • 8 markmac // Dec 16, 2011 at 2:22 PM

    Graeme – I Agree with that, i wouldnt like to see him go at all but £30m is a LOT of money,and if it happens then hopefully with G carr we could find out another future star, and still keep the club in a good financial position with the change, and afterall who had heard of tiote 3 or 4 years ago ?




previous post: Evidence Ashley And LLambias Want To Build Top Newcastle Side

next post: James Perch Likely To Start Against Swansea