Demba Ba A Top Newcastle Star This Season

Demba Ba is so far one of the stars of the season for Newcastle.

Demba Ba – in action at Old Trafford – when he scored that penalty

And you only have to look at his statistics to see what a great striker we signed on a free transfer in the summer, with many other clubs wanting to get him.

In 16 Premier League appearances this season he has scored 9 goals, and I emphasize the Premier League,  because those goals have been scored against top class opposition.

And it would be extremely difficult to pay the Newcastle defense too many compliments last Saturday at Norwich,  but his man looked great and scored two great opportunist goals./

And we have to hope he shows that same form tomorrow against Swansea City, because Newcastle must go all out for a win tomorrow.

It just so happens that Ba is on the same number of goals as  Wayne Rooney and Sergio Aguero, who are all four goals behind current super-star Robin van Persie of Arsenal.

Now how much did those players cost their clubs in the transfer market?

So you see what I mean?

And Ba’s goals have come from only 33 shots on goal,  compared to Rooney’s 60 and Aguero’s 45, so obviously tomorrow when the lads are anywhere near that Swansea goal – look for the big Senegal striker and give him the ball!

The 6’2″ striker talked to the local press today:

“In Germany we had a Christmas break, so this is all new to me.”  “But I can’t wait to be involved in this period – my confidence is high at the moment.”

“That’s not only due to my goals, but also to the work I’m doing during the whole week.”  “I just want to keep my confidence high, even if I don’t score.”

“I’m just going to keep on working the way I have been.” “My team-mates are giving me confidence.” “When they see that you score some goals, they give you the ball automatically.” (good)

“Every ball I have, I just try to do something.”   “When it’s in front of goal, I try to score the chances and make the team feel comfortable.”  “We hope we’re going to do it. It’s 11 men against 11 men, so it’s not going to be that easy.”

“We’re just going to go into the game with our confidence high.”  “Even though we didn’t win the last games, the mood and spirit in the team’s still very good. I’m not worried.”

Newcastle fans are already making it known to Demba Ba just how appreciative they are of how well he’s been doing in that famous black and white shirt,  and they often chant his name.

But of course we will soon be without the striker,  when he leaves in mid-January for the African Cup of Nations, and we have to hope that other strikers like Shola Ameobi and Peter Lovenkrands, can step up to the plate in his absence.

And when Newcastle can sign players like this Senegal striker on a free transfer,  we don’t mind that the club are not paying out big money for their players.

Just  as long as we keep bringing in players of the caliber of Cheick Tiote, Mike Williamson, Yohan Cabaye and Demba  Ba for literally peanuts, we are happy enough.

This will come as a big shock to Joey Barton, but he was flat wrong when he said last February that unfortunate statement about –  if you pay peanuts you get monkeys.

In fact you can get some great players for peanuts, and Newcastle keep demonstrating that, and great credit goes to the Newcastle scouting team led by Graham Carr.

Howay The Lads!!.

Comments welcome.

• Shorzy

Dec 16, 2011 at 1:00 PM

This bloke is steal of the century even tho he looked like another Strolla the first fews games. Bloody damn ramadan!!!

• GeordieAnt

Dec 16, 2011 at 1:04 PM

Erm. Hasn’t he scored 11 goals Ed?

• Jan Stavik

Dec 16, 2011 at 1:06 PM

How about trying to cash in on Shola in January? Probably some weak side would pay 2-3m for him. If we bring in Maiga, we have Ba, Best, Arfa and Maiga ahead of Shola. He’s not needed anymore. Not that he was that useful anyway, 10 years and not much contribution…

• connor_nufc

Dec 16, 2011 at 1:11 PM

he scored 11 goals actually lol

@janstavik. were not allowed to sell shola! shola is god

• jayphoto

Dec 16, 2011 at 1:13 PM

nah I’d keep Shola! ba, Maiga, Best, Shola would be a strong 4 strikers! Add that to Ben Arfa playing a number 10 role, we’d have a strong set of strikers!

• Toonboy_84

Dec 16, 2011 at 1:17 PM

Give over with the shola bashing would ya. It’s getting a bit old now.

• 2_goal_tino

Dec 16, 2011 at 1:44 PM

On strikers-

I just don’t know why we need another african striker- surely there are others (I can’t believe we ‘turned down’ Giroud for Maiga! ). We have got replacements for Tiote but say next season (2013- yeah, there are two ACN’s in a row) what do we do when Maiga and Ba leave. I know we’ll be left with the same personnel as now (minus loven), but if we’re buying someone just get someone who a) isn’t african or b) plays for a country who never qualifies, so we don’t have 6 weeks of hell again.

• fgb224lbs

Dec 16, 2011 at 1:48 PM

Lay off shola. He’s rare breed of footballer. Loyal as the day i long.
    Also he is a good foil for ba up front and can be unplayable on his day. Im not saying he’s world class just that he’s worth keeping hold of. He’s a good player to have in the dressing Room for spirit.
    Plus we can always tell the mackems that shola ha scored more goals in European competition than sunderland have in their entire history. That’s a nice little fact there

• 2_goal_tino

Dec 16, 2011 at 1:51 PM

On a side note- Senegal’s strikeforce is risiculous! Moussa Sow, Papiss Cisse and Niang! Also Diouf at Man U has had more caps than Demba. Demba may not even get on the bench let alone pitch. I don’t know what would be worse- he goes and never even plays or he goes, plays and we constantly worry he’ll come back injured

• Lynxie

Dec 16, 2011 at 1:54 PM

Jan stavik (rhymes with prick)
    Shola is the terroriser of the Mackems, never forget what he does to them regularly. For that reason, get off his back, he does as well as he does. and twice a season, that is enough for me against the unwashed.

• ilovetoon8788

Dec 16, 2011 at 1:56 PM

9 more and he’s on 20 goals a season. give him the number 9 already.

• GeordieGerman

Dec 16, 2011 at 1:56 PM

2_goal_tino, you’re thinking two years ahead. This is Newcastle United. Maiga and Ba may no longer be with us. Take each day as it comes.

• hatem or love him

Dec 16, 2011 at 2:03 PM

shorzy I hope ‘Bloody damn ramadan!!!’ ain’t an insult to the Muslims on here, have some respect will you?!

• Toonboy_84

Dec 16, 2011 at 2:06 PM

Good words of wisdom there gg. You must be a seasoned pro at supporting the toon

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Dec 16, 2011 at 2:13 PM

@Hatem or love him, give the P.C Bullshizzle a rest will ya son? His comment was relating to how Demba Ba looked off the pace at the start of the season due to the fact he was observing Ramadan, nothing to do with Muslims.

• WWJBD

Dec 16, 2011 at 2:20 PM

Ruddy
    I agree with what u said BUT the ramadan comment could very easily be taken the wrong way probably was a ill though out thing to say

Just my 2 cents like but hey I am good at giving them so why ignore my gift? Haha

• AP's Black & White Army

Dec 16, 2011 at 2:26 PM

Ba to score another hat-trick tomorrow!? 😛 Think he’ll notch between 20-25 PL goals this season, which not many have achieved. A complete ST.

• boater

Dec 16, 2011 at 2:26 PM

Jan Stavik – tit.

‘literally peanuts’ ? I think you mean ‘metaphorically peanuts’ Ed.

• gorgonzola

Dec 16, 2011 at 2:35 PM

Yeah I reckon Ashley should cash on him too…pointless keeping him here…..

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Dec 16, 2011 at 2:39 PM

WWJBD keep that up you’ll be broke 😛 no money left for a xmas booze up to celebrate victory this weekend haha

• GeordieCoaster

Dec 16, 2011 at 2:45 PM

@gorgonzola So if the only striker we bringing is Maiga, and he goes off to the ACN with Ba, you’re happy to cash in on shola and have Lovenkrands and Best as our 2 strikers?

Also another thing about Shola, he seems like a real influence on Sammy.

• WWJBD

Dec 16, 2011 at 2:47 PM

Haha thats a bleeding good point! I need to learn to keep my mouth shut 😉

• AP's Black & White Army

Dec 16, 2011 at 2:47 PM

I think Ba’s greatest asset is just how humble he is, seems very level-headed, yet has an air of unwavering self-confidence. He and Cabaye are great characters.

• WWJBD

Dec 16, 2011 at 2:49 PM

Shola will be with us until he retires, no profit in him and he isnt on daft sized wages would be my guess. Was just handed another contract not too long ago as well.

And I for one will happily have him in black and white until he hands up his boots

• AP's Black & White Army

Dec 16, 2011 at 2:56 PM

I think anyone who has a snipe at Shola, should be made to buy him a new hat, as punishment – fair?

• jakesome

Dec 16, 2011 at 3:07 PM

@13 hatem or love him
    would you get offended if i said ‘bloody damn christmas’
    i was in town the other day and was shoutin it out cuz it was so busy
    christmas effected me negativly so i said it
    ramadan effected nufc negativly so……
    grow a pair no-one is trying to be anti-islamic

• hatem or love him

Dec 16, 2011 at 3:53 PM

There’s a way of letting your feelings known son but saying ‘bloody ramadan’ ain’ the right wayoh and ruddy only Muslims participate in Ramadan, all I’m saying is this is a blog for football banter not Religious banter so let’s leave it at that. I’m sorry if I offended anyone.

• jakesome

Dec 16, 2011 at 4:00 PM

i see your point but on the flip you regulating the way people express themselves is equally offencive

• hatem or love him

Dec 16, 2011 at 4:22 PM

Like I said I apologise if I’ve offended anyone, next time I shall think about what I say. Everyone’s entitled to their own views so let your feelings be known lads 🙂

• jakesome

Dec 16, 2011 at 4:23 PM

sound fella

• Shorzy

Dec 17, 2011 at 11:00 PM

@hatem or love him

Chill out mate, where’s your sense of humour?? It didn’t even enter my head to get all racist so what are you talking about? I think you need to stick with the football rather than chucking accusations out. Thanks to lads that stuck up for me by the way, you know who you are.