Davide Santon – I Love It At Newcastle – I Absolutely Love It

Davide Santon had a very good game for Newcastle today in the 0-0 draw against Swansea City

Davide Santon – in action today against Swansea

Anybody who plays for Italy seven times while they are still a teenager is some player, and Davide Santon proved he is a top player in the making at St. James’ Park this afternoon.

And Newcastle fans may have to make way for another hero on Tyneside, because the 20 year-old has come out in an interview after the game today, and said he absolutely loves it at Newcastle United.

Alan Pardew has handled the 6’2″ defender very carefully since he arrived from Inter Milan for £5.3M in the summer, with a big reputation for one so young.

But if the lad continues to play like he did this afternoon,  we would expect him to become a fixture in the full Italian side in the future.

And of course at Newcastle too, where he has finally made the breakthrough into the first team,  with two league appearances in a row where he has played the full game and looked a good player.

Davide spoke to the Newcastle web-site after the game today:

“It went very well.” “I played last week so I felt better physically and I’m happy because for me, the game went very well even though it ended in a 0-0 draw.”

“I was really happy,” “I wasn’t emotional because they gave me courage to start the game, and I was very happy about that.”   “I love it here, I absolutely love it. I’ve found it really easy to settle.”

“I think the fans like me, I get on really well with my team-mates and I’m beginning to learn English with the help of my English teacher.”

“And the manager has told me that he’s happy with me, so I’m happy.”  “It was already important that we should win today and unfortunately we haven’t.”

“So that means on Wednesday we’ve really got to try hard to bring three points home.”

Santon is right when he says that while the performance was good, Newcastle didn’t get the win they had targeted and deserved.

But the same type of committed permanence on Wednesday evening against WBA,  will surely get the lads their first win in six games, and we can start climbing that league table again.

Davide is another top player scouted by a certain Mr. Graham Carr, and we cannot wait to see who will arrive at Newcastle next month and in the summer.

Things continue to look up at Newcastle – now we need two wins against WBA and Bolton in the next couple of games. 😀

• GeordieToon89

Dec 17, 2011 at 8:50 PM

Santon was brilliant today done a couple of superb crosses

• Lee Dodd

Dec 17, 2011 at 8:55 PM

Yea he should have been in the Starting Line up Weeks Ago !!!

• danishmag

Dec 17, 2011 at 8:57 PM

he is world class!
    Enrique who?

• GeordieToon89

Dec 17, 2011 at 9:01 PM

to be honest a think he shouldnt of been involved straight away because when he played against Blackburn he played well but everytime he was touched he fell over and asked for a free kick so its been good to keep him out get him watching from the sidelines just exactly how hard the game is and what you dont get free kicks for and a think so far its worked a treat he was awesome today and had a very good game against Norwich aswel

• ross armstrong

Dec 17, 2011 at 9:06 PM

GET IN!! santon today was class , f uck you enrique!!

• ross armstrong

Dec 17, 2011 at 9:07 PM

pardew has said hatem will be frustrated about not getting a game again but that will fuel him for wed night!!! hmmmm does that mean hatem starts on wed night ?? HOPE SO

• FloridaToon

Dec 17, 2011 at 9:07 PM

Just having some fun but this is not a bad side.

Simmo————Alex————–Colo———– Santon

—–Guthrie/New Mid——–Cabaye————-Jonas

HBA—————–BA———————Kalou

• Dennis Twice

Dec 17, 2011 at 9:08 PM

Last?

• GeordieToon89

Dec 17, 2011 at 9:11 PM

ross – when did he say that mate? a aint seen any interviews except the written ones…

Also cant believe Higuain doesnt get his game for Madrid 14 goals in 10 appearances and hes always benched haha.. surely if we have a good season get into europe and Colo signs a new deal then Colo and Jonas can persuade him, Ba and Higuain upfront my god.! nah but in all serioussness how he doesnt play is beyond me

• colwell

Dec 17, 2011 at 9:15 PM

Santon gives us so much more down the left from his darting runs to his aerial ability and his great defending, like when he chased Routledge won the ball then tackled their RB straight away in a great position up top.

Just shows Colo is out of this world today he played brilliant, everything he does is class and our defence was immense even Perch played well.

Ba every game he looks better never realised how much skill he had. He plays well with Best but soon as Shola’s on he never gets a sniff. Shola must give one hell of a Blow-job to keep getting in the team through the years.

• GeordieToon89

Dec 17, 2011 at 9:15 PM

Taye Taiwo started for Milan tonight they winning 2-0 at the moment

• FloridaToon

Dec 17, 2011 at 9:19 PM

trying to up the price on him

• toonthompson

Dec 17, 2011 at 9:31 PM

Sky sports review said the game of the year was man city man u

Not newcastle arsenal

• toonthompson

Dec 17, 2011 at 9:34 PM

Signing of the year was demba ba

• GeordieToon89

Dec 17, 2011 at 9:41 PM

game of the year Manchester derby? thats ridiculous and yet again biased behaviour shown by SKY, Ive complained 3 times because of it and never had a reply, I complained to BBC/MOTD and got an instant reply and a mssive one at that basically apoligising if we and the smaller clubs than us feel wer being hard done by and they will strive to improve the viewers overall experience

• danishmag

Dec 17, 2011 at 9:43 PM

colwell…

I laughed my balls of there.. LOL

• geordielad880

Dec 17, 2011 at 9:46 PM

I still think newcastle’s best side should be:-

———————–krul

simpson—-williamson——-collo———santon

r.taylor——tiote———-cabaye——–jonas

————————–ben arfa
    —————ba

• geordielad880

Dec 17, 2011 at 9:48 PM

There are also rumours newcastle have enquired about Brede Hangeland from fulham, I think we could do with a pacey centre half, rather than a less mobile one, he is decent though

• slim111

Dec 17, 2011 at 9:49 PM

Santon looked good today. I thought some of Newcastle footbal was superb in the 1st half – just msiing the final touch.

I seriuosly hope we can hold on to Tiote and Pardew can be allowed to build something even stronfer for next year.

Surely Ashley has got the message now taht NUFC can be top 4 side with abit of determination – forget selling our best playesr to the competition –

These playesr listed below are worthy of any of the top 5 sides in my op – and there is a second group not far behind them

Top top players !

Cabaye
    Tiote
    Krul
    Guttierez
    Ba
    Collocini

Get us a another 3 or 4 of this quality and we will be in the Chmaps Lge big time.

Thats where the real money is Mike.

• GeordieToon89

Dec 17, 2011 at 9:50 PM

geordielad880 – a heard that mate but also heard that wer strongly interested in Samba for january

• boater

Dec 17, 2011 at 9:52 PM

Colwell – funny though not true, Ba scored two corkers last week alongside Shola. Shola is still a better all-round striker than Best.

• gorgonzola

Dec 17, 2011 at 9:53 PM

Amazing I am not the only one left disappointed by the lack of showing tonight only shining light was Santon and Ba was a bit selfish today wonder why best wasn’t quite him lost some good possession.

I am amazed at the sheer lack of game reading by Pardew. I hope HBA doesn’t just loose it and request a transfer here is our no 10 sitting on the bench while Sammy gets the nod I mean reeeaaaallyyyy….

Been writing my nut on Santon here for quite a while now and BANG there we go, GOD only knows why we played Raylor at LB vs Chelsea….quite sad.

Possibly last few games have showed the inexperience and the lack of act on your feet heat of the moment that Pardew really lacks…very boring and premeditated tactics no thanks Pardew poor for me…

• geordielad880

Dec 17, 2011 at 9:56 PM

we need a pacey centre half to play next to collo, a right winger and a striker

• GeordieToon89

Dec 17, 2011 at 10:00 PM

ad be happy with:

Samba/Hoillet/Cisse

• gorgonzola

Dec 17, 2011 at 10:02 PM

Indian Magpie // Dec 17, 2011 at 6:57 PM

if pardew was chelsea’s manager he would not pick MATA either

😀 HAHAHAHAH accurate comment 🙂 He would play Strolla

• geordielad880

Dec 17, 2011 at 10:05 PM

we wont get samba or hoilett, we will end up with someone cheap from france

• geordielad880

Dec 17, 2011 at 10:07 PM

newcastle really need to offload xisco, smith, lovenkrands, ranger, forster, and go and buy 3-4 decent back up players, our squad is so stretched at the minute

• Scottishtoon95

Dec 17, 2011 at 10:22 PM

repost
    Now we know how QPR felt after they’d played us. lol

• fgb224lbs

Dec 17, 2011 at 10:25 PM

It does annoy me when people are constantly negative then when something tiny happens to back one of their numerous Negative comments they say “i told you so.”
    Santon should have started against chelsea? Yeah. Throw a guy who struggled against blackburn in against on of the biggest teams in England. He is class but he’s only played norwich and swansea in the league so far. I can see him doing well all season but people talk as though his form was always guaranteed.
    Ben arfa has the ability to change a game but atm he is too selfish and ba plays better alongside shola or best so unless Ben arfa is put on the wing (which we’ve been told won’t happen) then he’s an impact sub right now. As is sammy. And both look to have an immense future.
    Sick of people complaining. Anybody slagging off perch yet? Cos he had a good game

• geordielad880

Dec 17, 2011 at 10:33 PM

Newcastle are seriously short on central midfielders for next game,we might have to play a.smith, no guthrie, cabaye, gosling

• Rocknstrolla

Dec 17, 2011 at 10:40 PM

Poor tactics again from Mr. Pardew. I am deeply disappointed by him.

• leazes upper ( moved to the gallowgate )

Dec 17, 2011 at 10:53 PM

frustrating game today. we played well but couldnt put them away and were desperate for some creativity inattack. we def need a cb a midfielder and 2 cf before anyone is let go. collo was good today and santon impressed but its time to drop obertan. to quote the the bloke who sits behind me TAKE THE F***KIN FULLBACK ON U USLESS T**T

• toonarmydownsouth

Dec 17, 2011 at 11:26 PM

Would any1 take a punt on steven fletcher? Just said on MOTD hes got 16 goals in his last 23 starts got to be better than best who looks likes hes seriously strugglin fitness wise

• FloridaToon

Dec 17, 2011 at 11:27 PM

My team for Wed.

Simmo———–Willo——–Colo———Santon

Raylor———–Tiote——Vukic———Jonas

————————HBA————————–

———————–Ba—————————–

Bench: Harper, Perch, Abeid, Sammy, Best, Shola
    Obertan

• GeordieToon89

Dec 17, 2011 at 11:54 PM

Toonarmydownsouth – Fletchers problem has always been keeping fit and hea similar to what we have we need a Bellamy type player but one with more of an eye for goal, honestly Maiga would of been great but need to see what happens now

• GeordieGerman

Dec 17, 2011 at 11:57 PM

Santon was crap… ! But then I’m p!ssed and looking for a fight. 🙂

• MagPieMan

Dec 17, 2011 at 11:58 PM

Who to replace Cabaye against WBA?. For me it has to be Vuckic as he is the only one available that can find passes like Cabaye. I hope Tioti can play next game, it doesn’t look bad but 4 days may not be enough to recover fully.

• Nick Sly

Dec 17, 2011 at 11:59 PM

I think Alan Pardew is a coward.
    He would rather play the same team over and over again, instead of picking the best 11, so that when they lose its the team’s fault and not his.

Davide Santon is a clear example of this and should of been playing against the Manchesters and Chelsea instead of the average, tried and trusted, Ryan Taylor.

Hatem Ben Arfa, may not be amazing tactically, but he is, in my opinion the most highly skilled player in our squad and he needs game time and the belief of the coach in order to refine that skill.

But he is too flamboyant and risky, Pardew is too scared to play him.

As we saw today, its not just possession and pressure that we need, its skill, creativity and a bit of magic, to break Premier League defences.

Bravo Davide!!!
    Bring on our Glorious number 10, HBA!!!

HWTL!!!!

• GeordieGerman

Dec 17, 2011 at 11:59 PM

Oh, And Perch did OK today. Wanna fight?

• GeordieGerman

Dec 18, 2011 at 12:02 AM

Nick Sly, weird. I’d have classed tactic and skill to have the same meaning.