Coloccini Still Negotiating Contract – Taiwo Not Coming To Newcastle

We watched the interview with Fab Coloccini before yesterday’s game with Swansea, and the player comes over so well.

Fab Coloccini – captain in action yesterday

Not only that but he seems to love it on Tyneside, and we have to hope that means he will soon sign a new deal to stay on Tyneside.

And Alan Pardew has told the Sunday Sun today that there has been no breakdown in contract negotiations between Newcastle and Coloccini.

Teh 34 times capped Argentine defender has been offered a five-year contract to stay on Tyenside through the end of his career.

Fab turns 30 next month and the deal would see him be 34 when that contact ends, and it seems he is willing to stay at Newcastle with his friend and international colleague Jonas Gutierrez, who recently signed a new four year deal at the club.

The contracts these days have to be just right for both sides, and they tend to take a lot longer to negotiate than in the old days.

This is what Alan said about the negotiations:

“It’s bubbling along really,” “It’s a contract we need to get right and quite rightly.”

“And everyone is holding fire on that to make sure it’s right.”  “There are obviously talks ongoing on that really.”

Coloccini talked of his pal Gutierrez and it was mentioned that Jonas had recently got a new dog, and he asked Colo whether he saw his pal that much now.

Colo said jokingly that he still sees Jonas, but that he treats that dog like a son.  😀

And it seems we can forget about Taye Taiwo  coming to Newcastle on loan next month from AC Milan, as Alan says there are not truth in those reports:

“There’s no interest. I don’t know anything more about that.”

We hope that Fabricio will sing his contract as soon as possible and we also are expecting Danny Guthrie to sign a new deal on Tyneside.

Guthrie’s contract runs out next summer and he will be able to talk with other clubs in a couple of weeks time, as he will become a free agent in the summer, if he doesn’t sign a new deal at Newcastle.

Comments welcome.

• JAMSHA

Dec 18, 2011 at 10:32 AM

🙂 jst want colo to sign the contract

• gorgonzola

Dec 18, 2011 at 10:32 AM

Dont need him, we got Perch.

• Klatoon

Dec 18, 2011 at 10:37 AM

Its a measure of his footballing brain that he can dominate strikers even though he’s just 63kg’s,lightest in our whole squad.

• Lee Dodd

Dec 18, 2011 at 10:38 AM

The One Player we need to Sign a Contract is Coloccini He was The Difference from the last 2 games Kept us Together and also attacks !!!! Perch was ok Yesterday maybe he is Learning the trade of Coloccini ??? We need a New Striker Mind Big Style !!!!!! Maybe a New Central Midfileder also !!!! Tiote was very rusty yeaterday !!!

• gorgonzola

Dec 18, 2011 at 10:40 AM

I didnt mind Tiote that much he was fighting it out there…. He will be just fine…. maybe a bit of nerves….

Santon was Godly and all my crying for the lad 100% justified and proven, and boy was I right on the fella, but to be honest few more games with him not playing would not be surprised if the lad asked for a transfer makes R Taylor look like Mr.P

• Stuart

Dec 18, 2011 at 10:41 AM

Didnt you predict we’d concede 2 yesterday just because Perch was playing gorgonzola?

Looked neat and tidy when called upon but didnt have much to do.

• davybtoon

Dec 18, 2011 at 10:41 AM

the whole back 4 were mint yesterday

i kno ppl dont like perch but they hav to giv him the credit he deserves for yesterday

• gorgonzola

Dec 18, 2011 at 10:44 AM

I did predict 2 indeed….

And Indeed Colo kept that in check…. but given half a chance trhoug Perch we would have drunk 3….

But I want no harm to my club so I am glad they didn’t but just for the likes of YOU I would love to see him play against Man City and prove your adamant defending of PERCH wrong….

• Klatoon

Dec 18, 2011 at 10:44 AM

I think if Perch scored a 30 yd 90min winner yesterday,some on here would still slag him off 🙂

• gorgonzola

Dec 18, 2011 at 10:46 AM

“I think if Perch scored a 30 yd 90min winner yesterday,some on here would still slag him off”

What a rather funny comment….Titus Bramble scored some crucial goals for us you still want him at CB?

so please…..what a weak argument

• Stuart

Dec 18, 2011 at 10:48 AM

No-ones calling him perfect gorgon, just not everyone thinks a 1 legged donkey plays better.

He was last man once or twice yesterday and he calmly won the ball and got rid of it.

I know he would be useless against Man City, but the way you go on he’d be useless against my locals pub team aswell.

• davybtoon

Dec 18, 2011 at 10:49 AM

ppl on here far to quick to make there mind up on players christ i remember ppl slagging colo n jose in there first season saying they werent good enough

• gorgonzola

Dec 18, 2011 at 10:49 AM

I dunno mate, when I see the opposing team breach our back for I cringe knowing Perch is there to make a daft foul….anyhow enough of him he certainly wasn’t BRILLIANT as some will say….He was just OK

• magpie6699

Dec 18, 2011 at 10:49 AM

So who do we play alongside Tiote on Wednesday now that Cabaye is suspended? I’d probably like to try Mehdi – I don’t see Vukcic filling that gap as he seems to me more of a support to strikers, Another thought – could Raylor do a decent job as a fill-in there?
    As for Cabaye booking – unfortunately it was my fault. The ref was so “lenient” (ie useless when Swansea kept scything our players down in the first half with nothing but a “naughty boy” from the ref, I said to my mate – “Watch him book one of our players for nowt” – and he did!

• davybtoon

Dec 18, 2011 at 10:50 AM

whats ya point man citys players r making most pl defenders look crap this year

• gorgonzola

Dec 18, 2011 at 10:51 AM

On another not I would rather criticise Pardew for really non creative subs and bad tactic for the game…we had no idea how to take them apart just having flashbacks desperate looked more like it…looked like a cup game a bit to me… I wish we play some creative football rather soon again..

• Dennis Twice

Dec 18, 2011 at 10:52 AM

Attack Toon Attack!

• Stuart

Dec 18, 2011 at 10:53 AM

@magpie6699 – I’d agree like, Abeid for me to replace Cabaye.

• gorgonzola

Dec 18, 2011 at 10:53 AM

Mehdi for sure the lad SOUNDS class, but Pardew will probably play Gosling?

• Klatoon

Dec 18, 2011 at 10:53 AM

Yes it was supposed to be funny,………it could have been a 30 yd back-pass past Krul for a Swansea winner……..in the 90 min.
    Lets see if Neymar is worth the hype,Santos v Barca

• alext109

Dec 18, 2011 at 10:54 AM

Gosling is still suspended is he not? Mehdi for me!

• davybtoon

Dec 18, 2011 at 10:54 AM

the whole team were brilliant yesterday n the reason swansea didnt do anything is bcoz pardew got his tactics spot on in terms of the pressure we put on them n on another day we would of won that by 3 or 4 it jus wouldnt go in, the game was crying out for ben arfa someone to unlock the defence

• gorgonzola

Dec 18, 2011 at 10:55 AM

“So what you’re saying gorgon, is you’re happy to slag him off at every given opportunity, but can’t for once give him some credit when he deserves it?”

First of all please READ what I wrote i DID not slag him but calling him BRILLIANT is far fetched I SAID he did NOTHING in particular which is true….. He never made a saving tackle, he never had a crazy header, he never kept anybody in his pocket as they did pretty much nothing…

And Colo kept him in line made him look better….

Nor writing about him, too much energy trying to re write somethingyou are a bit lazy to look back and read.

• Stuart

Dec 18, 2011 at 11:01 AM

Once again, who’s said he was BRILLIANT? There is a middle ground between brilliant and useless you know.

He did make one or two saving tackles yesterday, I remember one clearly as Scott Sinclair would’ve been through otherwise.

Im sure you just slag the lad for the sake of it.

• Klatoon

Dec 18, 2011 at 11:06 AM

We’ve hit the woodwork 5 times in our last 2 home games,im not superstitious but im starting to think its got something to do with renaming st.james park. 🙁

• Toon1978

Dec 18, 2011 at 11:06 AM

Morning lads, great news if we can get Samba in but it will be difficult. Also, more great news with us apparently close to signing the young wonder kid Sofiane Elbekri. Not seen him play but apparently he is the next Nasri lol. One thing that does concern me though is the fact that Pardew brought on Vuckic and Sammy instead of bringing on HBA. Does anyone know why he is not getting a sniff nowadays? I like seeing the young ones get on the pitch but when we are in need of a goal, isn’t it better to put on one of your more gifted players like HBA?

• Toon1978

Dec 18, 2011 at 11:11 AM

Also, Santon and Colo where OUTSTANDING yesterday. Cabaye, Santon, Colo, S.Taylor, Jonas, Tiote, Krul,HBA,Ba are all very important players and we need to keep them all to push us into Europe. Yes, i do think we can do that if we manage to keep them all and add two players in January.We where extremely unfortunate yesterday however, we have had a lot of luck in past games so i guess its evening itself out lol.

• geoff777

Dec 18, 2011 at 11:32 AM

Santon looked really classy and he didn’t give the ball away too often.

Ba was outstanding the space he creates leaning into defenders is awesome.
    He can shoot from some crazy angles.

We played really well and were unlucky not to have won.

Like most I’m not sure about the substitutions.
    We have a game Wednesday so perhaps HBA is going to start against WBA?

Of course it could be that like with Santon, Pardew is looking really long term and building up strength and confidence in training before unleashing him every match.

Good boost for Vuckic though.

• geoff777

Dec 18, 2011 at 11:36 AM

One negative for me ..

Cabaye’s set pieces were really poor.

• shearerno9

Dec 18, 2011 at 11:40 AM

Watched the game yesterday and was very impressed with santon and the first half effort of obertan, ba was his usual quality self and colo again a rock at the back. As for perch, I thought he was decent… nothing more, especially passing it out from the back – he just kept thumping long balls up and not passing it through the middle or down the lines.

Bad result for us if im honest, timing of the subs should have been earlier and I would have probably taken off simpson to bring on another mid with tiote sitting bewteen the CM and CB (santon colo and perch) it would have allowed us a more dominant midfield and someone like ben arfe/abied/vuckic to play a bit more and settle into the game.

Just my 2 cents 🙂

• Toon1978

Dec 18, 2011 at 11:46 AM

I also like the idea that Ashley, Carr and Pardew are building for the future. We have some quality in the reserves and academy. Two come to mind the most in the academy in Campbell and Remie Streete, two that i am sure will make it all the way to the first team. Then we have Vuckic and Abeid who could be our future midfield stars.

• magpie6699

Dec 18, 2011 at 11:51 AM

shearerno9 – we can all have different ideas about substitutions – if they work, the manager is brilliant, if not, well I could have done better. For example, Shola was sent through with an excellent ball from Santon and forced the keeper into a save. If he’d hit it harder or whatever and scored, we’d be saying that Shola was a brilliant substitution (as against Spurs)!
    If Guti’s great shot had just not swerved out and he’d scored, would he have been man of the match inbstead of actually being considered under par? If if if! If my aunty had balls, she’d be my uncle!

• planb

Dec 18, 2011 at 11:54 AM

Nice one Pardew the game was crying out for a creative player so he brings on the Ameobis NUFC must have some team when Ben arfa can’t get a game he’ll be off soon!

• Rotonda heights

Dec 18, 2011 at 11:54 AM

Klatoon,

Sadly not much luckier when it was called SJP

I am worried about Benny being frozen out, but when we’re paying him 50k a week, it’s criminal not to get him on the pitch. Whenever he comes on, we stop hoofing it all the time and look more cohesive with the ball moving at speed on the deck.
    Just hope it’s not another ego clash with pardew trying to make a point, like tevez all over again. Maybe pardew can’t work with big stars? I hope not because what a team we have at the moment: Krul, Colo, Ba, Cabaye, Tiote, Santon, Ben Arfa. 7 great players for starters.

• woodsee

Dec 18, 2011 at 12:01 PM

Ben arfa has had plenty of chances this year and has done precious little with them.

• Rotonda heights

Dec 18, 2011 at 12:15 PM

woodsee

what a truly world class daft statement. after a year out, he played 2 games against city and united where he was arguably our best player , had one average half against chelsea and is written off yet people like raylor get game after game no matter what, until yesterday and we saw how good santon was.

• JackButler

Dec 18, 2011 at 12:33 PM

Colo is the most important player at the club for me, I don’t care if it takes stupid money as long as he sign’s up long term I’ll be happy

• Toon1978

Dec 18, 2011 at 12:35 PM

Rotonda heights

Well said . Santon was excellent yesterday and showed what we have been missing since Enrique left. However, i do appreciate the goals we have seen from Raylor . Also, you are spot on with regards to HBA. Having Cabaye, Tiote and Hba on the pitch at the same time is mouth watering to say the least lol but he seems out of favour with Pardew atm. I wouldn’t mind seeing a line up when all are fit and after a few signings lol.

………………..Krul………….

Santon.Samba.Colo.Cissoko

………..Tiote.

• Toon1978

Dec 18, 2011 at 12:36 PM

lol pressed send by accident

Tiote..Cabaye

Marveaux……………………Jonas

HBA

BA

• JackButler

Dec 18, 2011 at 12:39 PM

After watching the Wigan Chelsea game yesterday have to say was really impressed with Victor Moses would anyone else like to see him come to us?