Newcastle 2 West Brom 3 – Video Highlights

Newcastle West Brom – Video Highlights

• GeordieGerman

Dec 22, 2011 at 12:33 AM

My dad was never really interested in football so when I was 12 I begged my neighbour to take me to a game. Just after my 13th birthday he took me. I’ll never forget my first game. 197? (I have some secrets) Newcastle v Leicester. I remember a man standing beside me jeering at the likes of Super Mac and Terry McDermott and me turning round and saying. “If you can do better.” “Why aren’t you playing?” On the return journey my neighbour asked me. “Why did you say that?” I said. “Because if he can do better, he should be playing for us.” I’m a Geordie by birth. Born and raised. It is/has/been/my birth right to support NUFC. I love it that we have fans from all over the world. But what I hate is when (so called) fans knock the players or the management (we have what we have). Scream at Ashley, scream at Llambias. They are the people that can make the difference between Champions League and Championship. Not Pardew, Shola, Perch, R. Taylor or Obertan. Get off their backs and support what we have. Indian Magpie, Brutooon & gorgonzola, you for me are the worst offenders. Where were you 2 seasons ago? Where would you be if Newcastle had done what most pundits said and done a Leeds? Me? I would be a NUFC supporter even if we where playing in the “Blue Square”. You? Just who would you be supporting then?

• GeordieToon89

Dec 22, 2011 at 12:43 AM

GG – Well said mate totally true aswell, Im one who’s said Obertan isnt doing anything of any use at the moment but ive also always says he can become a great player.. Im sick of hearing people say its all Perch’s fault and he’s sh*t.. and someone the other day even said that he hopes Perch dies.. Which i personally think thats damn right disgusting and hopefully if ED picks up on it the culprit will be banned

• 09nufc09

Dec 22, 2011 at 12:47 AM

I have said since he signed vuckic was the best prospect at the club by a long way, he ooses class and has a very good shot on him but he isnt ready for the pl, in the same way sammy isnt ready. They need cameos at the end of games to learn when they have to make a run forward, when the have to drop deep, when to pass long and when to play it simple. Vuckic is alot closer to being ready thn sammy and if we had played him more in the chamionship instead of smith then he would be ready nw,
    Davybtoon… Vuckic give it away a few times, the whole midfield was shocking at passing and marking,. Vuckic shooting was very good tho, i was sitting right behind the second one and it was dipping in perfect. Btw that ball ben arfa played to ba for his second goal was another world class pass, similar to the one against man city, noone expected it except ba and he finished it perfectly this time. Ben arfa has to play against bolton, best hasnt looked like scoring and isnt creating anything for ba and we are playing to much hoof ball with him on the pitch.
    I would like to see 433 against bolton, ben arfa ba and vuckic up front with jonas cabaye and tiote behind. Hopefully santon is fit aswel because his pace was missed when he went off.

Another thread lol

Btw today was one of the few times ive ever seen colo loose his cool, i thought he had got himself sent off with his tackle on odemwinge, that was a deliberate foul, few minutes before odemwinge was argueing with him off the ball and colo didnt like it so next tackle he got some revenge and thankfully a yellow not a red.

Gg… You would of had to have a word with a canny few people at the match today lol the fans were getting on peoples backs from about 10 mins in and didnt really start getting behind the team until after ba scored the second. Level 7 and strawberry corner were canny loud throughout and it got very loud in the whole fround after ba scored. We went all out attack after that and you could tell we were going to get hit on the break at some point.
    What was the point in bringin shola on? Bring sami on if hes going to play right wing. Sholas a good striker a few times a season but he will never be a winger.

• GeordieToon89

Dec 22, 2011 at 12:51 AM

Strawberry corner is wer a sit.. weve got a class song about Demba Ba.

Ba scored 1 since ramadan, du du duh durr durr
    Ba scored 2 since ramadan, du du duh durr durr
    etc etc etc all the way up to 13 haha went on for ages

• warwick

Dec 22, 2011 at 12:56 AM

I said during the game it would be santons knee during the mass pardew out hysteria.
    obvious,
    I swear this blog gets trolled to shreds by red n whites

• GeordieGerman

Dec 22, 2011 at 1:18 AM

09nufc09, problem is, players feel and breath the atmosphere. Look at Bolton v’s Blackburn yesterday.

• Andy

Dec 22, 2011 at 1:19 AM

Evening lads haven’t been on much lately. Very disappointed with our performance tonight and some of the comments from so called fans on here. Tonight Vuckic got his first start in the pl and as the older play i’d have expected Tiote to try and help him out but he looked unfit and was very sloppy tonight. The defensive line i noticed was higher than usual in like the 5th minute. Suicidal when you see how fast both long and Odemwingie are. Obertan getting booed off was an absolute disgrace. I didn’t think obers was too bad. He was a bit frustrating but then so is jonas and he escapes criticism from the mindless idiots. Best was ineffective and his main contribution was being offside. Ba i didn’t think actually looked that dangerous in the game itself. I felt his touch was a bit heavy but then he popped up with 2 screamers so what can you do! haha.

Overall the spine of our side that was key to our good form has been alterred and we haven’t got a squad capable of covering losses to our key men like taylor or cabaye, although vuckic did ok (game passed him by a bit but some cracking efforts). In a bit of a slump but bolton are nothing special and i think we can get back on track there. HBA to start please Pardew. Don’t forget lads still in 7th at Christmas. I’d have bitten anyones hand off for that.

In Pards we trust

• soundoid

Dec 22, 2011 at 1:33 AM

West Brom came up the same time as us, I think we are on a Par with them they always give us a good game. Fair play to West Brom they were great tonight and it just wasn’t happening for us.

• 09nufc09

Dec 22, 2011 at 1:37 AM

Gg… That was shocking The treatment keane got, alot of the blackburn fans seem disapointed when they win cos it means they cant hav a go at keane lol
    Andy… Tiote has been out for 2 month and needs games to get back to his best, like at the start of the season it took him a few games, didnt help having vuckic next to him who i think is going to be world class in a few years but atm he is inexperienced and dosent hold the shape of the team very well. Today we spent alot of the game with a back 4 with 1212 in front of him meaning tiote was being marked by 3 players the 2 cm and either odeminge or long were dropping deep. He had no time on the ball until hba came on and started giving their cm something to worry about.

• Andy

Dec 22, 2011 at 1:43 AM

09nufc09 i know but even still i’d expect better from him. His first touch was v poor tonight. Vuckic looks more of an AM in a midfield 3 than a cm to me if i’m honest. He seemed to drift in and out of the game but in fairness it was his first start so maybe he’ll improve with age/experience. HBA must start v Bolton. I can’t see why Best would start ahead of him

• 09nufc09

Dec 22, 2011 at 1:54 AM

Andy… We know how good tiote is so we all expect better, if one good thing happened tonight it will be all the scouts were there and tiote had the worst game so hopefully a few would of been put off. Vuckic and ba were the only players who looked like scoring and hba was the only player that looked like creating, i still cant belive people dont rate him, hes played against man city and hit the post and put one on a plate for ba, then against man u he got us a point in a game were we never looked like scoring. Tonight he set ba up perfect and worried their defence nearly everytime he got the ball, fair enough he nearly cost a goal when he got caught but if he loses the ball in their half the defence or midfield should be able to cope. I cant wait to see a midfield of tiote and cabaye with hba and ba infront that would be be very good if they were all on top form.
    Right winger, center back and a striker for when ba goes to the acn is my dream tranfer window. Hopefully we start seeing some of at the end of games if he is going to cover tiote.

• GeordieGerman

Dec 22, 2011 at 1:56 AM

I don’t think we’ll see Ben Arfa start on 26th. I think Pardew is starving him. He (HBA) had a taste today and next game he’ll get the same. I think against Liverpool HBA will have a banquette set before him.

• 09nufc09

Dec 22, 2011 at 1:56 AM

Abeid*

• 09nufc09

Dec 22, 2011 at 2:02 AM

Gg… I think pardew only brought him on because the crowd were signin his name for about 20 mins befeore that and it got louder and louder until he came on, pardew would of got alot of stick if we had lost and he hadnt brought him on. The shola sub was just strange, i think he said ameobi ur on and shola stood up intead of sammy lol only thing i can think of as to why shola ended up playing right wing.

• ilovetoon8788

Dec 22, 2011 at 2:30 AM

only 2 points from a possible 18. no win in 6.

1 point in the last 3 against teams like swansea norwich and west brom, 2 of them at home.

we are falling like rock. conceding goals like broken tap. we can be happy with having individuals like Ba and Vuckic but bottomline is, unless we stop this rot soon. we are in trouble as Ba will be in internation in January.

• ilovetoon8788

Dec 22, 2011 at 2:31 AM

i don’t want to single out any player for poor performance. as a unit and a team we were totally rubbish. Pardew got his work cut out now.

• Thump

Dec 22, 2011 at 2:34 AM

Well said ilovetoon.

• Thump

Dec 22, 2011 at 2:39 AM

GG’s post is exactly why he’s one of (if not the) best posters on this blog.

I doff my cap to you good sir.

• Magickit

Dec 22, 2011 at 4:12 AM

How many goals that Demba Ba needs to score that we can win the match ?

• Satan

Dec 22, 2011 at 6:22 AM

Personally I don’t care how long someone has been a Toon fan (I too watched Supermac in the 70’s incidentally) I don’t care who’s uncle’s, friends, brothers, mates neighbour took who to their first game….fact is EVERYONE is free to have and to express their opinion. Some fans (me included) pay a lot of hard earned money to watch the team, if they’re not happy they have every right to vent their feelings, be it in the ground or on this blog. Geordiegerman; it is my opinion having read a few of your posts that you talk crap….but you’re entitled to talk crap as we live in a free society and I respect your right to talk crap. It is also my humble opinion that the manager and players have a considerable input into whether we ever achieve champions league or end up in the championship….after all they deliver the team, the tactics and actually play the game out on the pitch…that’s not to completely absolve MA or DL from responsibility
    though.

As for last nights game….woeful! The pattern and shape of the team is lost, questionable tactics/selection also….Pardew needs to turn this around rapidly if we’re aiming for a top 10 finish.

• macn0ble (Finland)

Dec 22, 2011 at 6:26 AM

Didn’t see the match yesterday but I think Sky Sports player rating website says it all ->

James Perch – Doesn’t look a Premier League player – 4

• Klatoon

Dec 22, 2011 at 7:11 AM

Vuckic is and always was cut out to be a no.10 which makes his performance at CM yesterday all the more impressive. He knows better but i think its time AP tweaked the system,our 442 has been found out!
    Would appreciate any news on Santon,thanx

• magpie6699

Dec 22, 2011 at 7:28 AM

I was at the match and don’t get why Obertan waas singled out for such criticism. He did a few good things in the first half. My big disappointments were Tiote who seemed to be looking for different ways to mess things up and put us under pressure, and Jonas who was tightly marked by 2 WBA players to be fair but did nowt.

• Geordiedoonsooth

Dec 22, 2011 at 7:32 AM

I was out last night & have just watched the goals god what awful defending. We really miss Steven Taylor Collo looks lost without a big CB alongside him. Perch is a championship player at best, Simpson is average, Obertan is I am afraid just not good enough. Jonas is not playing well and Best couldn’t score in a knocking shop. Without Ba we can’t score and without Cabaye we lack creativity. We desperately need CB and Ben Arfa needs to step up to the plate. Unless something is done quickly I can see this being a long hard second half to the season. To top it all the sh*te down the road are starting to win.

• Dannyo

Dec 22, 2011 at 7:38 AM

I HATED watching yesterdays game, so many wrong passes, Tiote had an absloute shocker, poor poor play. Abeid should’ve come in for him. Collo was the poorest he’s been all season, Gutti kept hitting walls and Obertan was doing abetter job at RW compared. Shola at RW, wtf? RW just died then, only positives where Simmo, Ba and Vuckic. Absloutely horrible game. No flow, no control. Everyone looked so nerveous. I don’t think Pardew can be blamed for this one.

• daztoon

Dec 22, 2011 at 8:12 AM

we can’t blame injuries,bans etc apart from Taylor and Cabaye being missing that is Pardews starting line up.WBA looked everything we wernt organised,inventive,hungry and sharp.Without Ba we would be really struggling

• NottsGeordie

Dec 22, 2011 at 8:15 AM

If for the second goal Perch was at the back post and Coloccini was in the middle who would of got blamed for the goal? Coloccini? I dobt think so.. Everyone blames Perch but if you actually watch the game with your head instead of your heart you’ll realise Perch was at fault for non of the goals and he played well. Obviously everyone will still be blaming Perch because their too thick to understand the game of football.

• daztoon

Dec 22, 2011 at 8:20 AM

If you watch the reply Notts perch was marking McCaully but was in front and not behind him and just lost him for the goal.But he wasn’t to blame for losing the game played ok