Ben Arfa Trying Not To Share His Sadness With Other People

Every player worth their salt wants to start and play games for Newcastle United.

Ben Arfa – could get a start in tonight’s game

And it seems like our French International midfielder Hatem Ben Arfa is no different, and he allowed himself to say that’s he’s sad that he’s not starting for Newcastle these days.

But he’s also quick to point out that his job is to do the very best he can for the team when he’s on the pitch, even if he’s brought on with only five or ten minutes to go in the game.

Thia is what the 8 times capped French International had to say today, before the big game with  Manchester United at St. James’ Park tonight:

“I would like to be part of it.”  “The most important thing is that I give everything for the team when I’m on the pitch, to do my best to help the team.”

“When I came on, even when I’ve only got five to ten minutes on the pitch, I need to show what I can do.”  “I need to be decisive for the team when I can, when I’ve got an opportunity.”

“Inside I’m sad not to be on the pitch.”  “I’m trying not to share my sadness with other people.”  “Obviously I would rather be on the pitch and not being on the pitch makes me a bit upset.”

“I knew at the start that it would take time, but it has been four months now and I feel that now I’m ready, I’m completely fit.”  “And I feel like I’m able and ready to play more on the pitch than I have done so far.”

Ben Arfa is right to keep his sadness to himself,  and we’re sure there’s a few other Newcastle players who are sad because they are not starting at the moment.

But that’s part of a footballers’ life,  and to be fair to Ben Arfa, he’s been no trouble at all on Tyneside, and that’s to his enormous credit.

Ben Arfa still remains a huge favorite with Newcastle fans,  who often call out his name during games to remind Alan Pardew to bring the lad on.

Alan Pardew  has also said recently that he’s been as good as gold for him, although Alan will also know that the mercurial French International is a little bit unhappy he’s not  starting for Newcastle.

For the record,  Ben Arfa has appeared 16 times for Newcastle with two great goals and two assists.

We still think we have yet to see the best from Ben Arfa in a Newcastle shirt, but we’ll see that before the end of the season, for sure.

Howay the Lads!!

• geoff777

Jan 4, 2012 at 10:47 AM

Time to start HBA.

Should be the first name on the team sheet for the rest of the season and the remainder of his contract.

Crazy not to play him … he’s back!!!

• sammydolan

Jan 4, 2012 at 10:48 AM

He will get his chance when Ba goes to his ‘holiday’ shortly..

• Klatoon

Jan 4, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Virgin Arena?

• blissna

Jan 4, 2012 at 10:50 AM

He’s also proved that he is not always the answer. His time will come soon enough. Right now he’s sometimes a liability. Very skilled player but he needs to adapt.

• geoff777

Jan 4, 2012 at 10:51 AM

@Klatoon

So long as they pay and this “free advertising” for Ashley stops.

• Scottishmag1

Jan 4, 2012 at 10:51 AM

last post

4-3-3 or 4-5-1

Same team as yesterday

……………………….Krul…………………..

Simpson………Willo……….Colo……….Santon

………..Abied………….Cabaye…………Tiote

………..HBA……………BA……………….Jonas

• styla

Jan 4, 2012 at 10:52 AM

04 Jan 2012 09:34:45
    Newcastle’s out of favour Alan Smith has travelled down to Ipswich where he’ll try and agree personal terms which would see the ex England international signing for Ipswich on a 1-year-deal.

located on transfer rumours site.maybe bull but i hope to god its true

• Zangwill_Ho

Jan 4, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Support you, HBA

• Dannyo

Jan 4, 2012 at 10:54 AM

@styla
    Ryder has said that there’s no contact yet with Smith and Ipswich. Likely to stay out his contract.

• styla

Jan 4, 2012 at 10:55 AM

@Dannyo i just hope hes gone we could dop with the 50-60k wages for other “much better” players

• roshan MAGPIE

Jan 4, 2012 at 10:56 AM

what will happen if a company called MACKEMs get that stadium naming right it will be horrible to hear some thing called MACKEMs arena HA HA HA

• styla

Jan 4, 2012 at 10:58 AM

where the Fukc did that comment come from roshan MAG

• geoff777

Jan 4, 2012 at 10:58 AM

@Scottishmag1

I’d drop Jonas.
    Start Vuckic – Sammi or even Ferguson.

But I like that formation myself.

• styla

Jan 4, 2012 at 10:59 AM

drop both ovaltin and jonas cause they both playing wank’ have samiobie and HBA on that will wake the mufc defence up.

• sammydolan

Jan 4, 2012 at 11:01 AM

did you used to play CS styla?

• lee1892

Jan 4, 2012 at 11:02 AM

HBA is wasted at us, the play always seems to bypass him and we look better with two upfront rather than him sitting off Demba in my opinion.

I hope he starts on the right wing tonight tho, with Shola upfront with Demba to ruffle up whoever plays centre half for the mancs tonight.

And am I the only one who thinks that Sammy ameobi is awful?

• Dannyo

Jan 4, 2012 at 11:03 AM

@styla
    Agree “over 9000!!!!!” procent.

• styla

Jan 4, 2012 at 11:03 AM

anyone read the HBA article.the kid is at the end of wits like all of us tbh.hope he gets a run around tonight cause he deserves it.hope to god obertan and jonas are dropped in place of HBA Vuckic or even samiobie

• brightontoon

Jan 4, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Danny wron styla cs styla is from London if I remember rightl

• GeordieoftheSouth

Jan 4, 2012 at 11:03 AM

@Scottishmag1

Talk about throwing Albeid into the deep-end! IMO – Not the time for him to start, would start using him from next week.

• styla

Jan 4, 2012 at 11:03 AM

lol @dannyo

• styla

Jan 4, 2012 at 11:04 AM

STYLA isnt from london @brightoon

• BigKirky

Jan 4, 2012 at 11:07 AM

I tweeted Lee Ryder that piece the Sun did on Ben Arfa compared to his, calmer, piece for the Chronicle. He ck to me saying:

1/2: Direct from @lee_ryder:
    I did listen to both interviews thanks , perhaps when you read the chron’s extended interview it gives a clearer picture

@lee_ryder: I was with Ben Arfa the other day and he wasn’t furious , read an extended interview about his feelings in @EveningChron #nufc

• ilovetoon8788

Jan 4, 2012 at 11:08 AM

Its shocking to say that Pardew thinks we gave a good account of ourselves at Liverpool. I don’t know to laugh or cry. The last 5 games(inc the first 60min at Bolton) we were downright abysmal.

The previous thread Ed talked about our last win under the GREAT ROBSON at st james against Manu.

The difference back then was, now we have a side with plenty of grit and fight which didn’t have back then. But the old side, we had a touch class and quality.

We had an below average centre halves like Dabizas and O’Brien.

But boy, look at our midfield supply line for Shearer. Insatiable Solano and Electrifying Laurent Robert on the wings.

With Robert Lee like steel in midfield.

We didn’t need so many players with good fighting spirit. With Solano whipping balls into the box with laser-like precision and Robert rocket launchers from distance and fearlessly taking on players. They basically deliver it on a golden plate for Shearer to finish.

Right now, we are stuck with wingers like Jonas and Obertan who offers so much workrate, but zero end product for our strikers.

Not good enough. Nuff’ said.

• Ponderous Pardew

Jan 4, 2012 at 11:08 AM

When people level this criticism at HBA, that he gets caught in possession sometimes, do you know why? Options, lack of them. Static structure. Players hiding.

He’s our most talented player, simple as that really. Works harder than is given credit for, too.

I want to see spontaneity tonight, not the usual wasteful patterns!

• BigKirky

Jan 4, 2012 at 11:09 AM

He got back to me saying… That was meant to be btw.

• mikenotiades

Jan 4, 2012 at 11:10 AM

Geoff… Free Advertising??? Ashleys put 140 million of loans, interest free into he club, he can have some advertising for that don’t you think…
    I would like to know how much has been paid pack though, 60 -70 mil i’m guessing. Then we can expect decent outlays on players, with proportionally more ability.

• ilovetoon8788

Jan 4, 2012 at 11:12 AM

On a side note, in the seasons Solano played for us on the wings, he consistently had a higher crossing accuracy compared to Beckham. There was this season where had almost 92% cross accuracy compared to Beckham 86%.

• styla

Jan 4, 2012 at 11:13 AM

why do ppl always moan about the finances when the OWNER of ANY football club is supposed to support it always till the day they die or ateast they sell up.sheppard done exactly that he craved success at toon but it didnt work.maybe ruined the club abit but he supported us.

all in all anyone like i said who owns a club SHOULD SUPPORT it and do all they can to improve it or the TEAM

• catchy in norway

Jan 4, 2012 at 11:14 AM

pp

him and cabaye are our most talented players

sadly there not being used correctly, i think you have to be a player that hides for pardew to really notice you

• arroeben

Jan 4, 2012 at 11:16 AM

I wonder why he’s so patient with us. Maybe coz we’ve been very patient with him!

• catchy in norway

Jan 4, 2012 at 11:16 AM

ilovetoon8788 // Jan 4, 2012 at 11:12 AM

i remember reading that stat, and it was 2 seasons in a row he beat him

• Rosted Pork

Jan 4, 2012 at 11:16 AM

pardew better play arfa or he may leav the club

• brightontoon

Jan 4, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Right rant upcoming, HBA isn’t the problem lets get this right now
    The team is reasons why below
    1 – We can’t play football
    2 – Our wingers aren’t producing
    3 – we have a perfect midfield partnership one who’s creative and ones who’s defensive and are Great at their jobs on paper both of which aren’t doing anything on pitch worth while.
    4 – we don’t create goal scoring chances
    5 – Demba Ba has won games for us single handed
    6 – Tim Krul and Ba are the reason why we had a good start withou them we’d be in bottom 5 Fact.
    7 – HBA is wasted when he comes on the pitch

Right let’s put all that into a valid argument
    Firstly we cannot play football in a advancing style of play sure we can pass round the defence but once we get into final third it breaks down, our wingers are poor going forward Guti has always been shite FACT. Obertan is fast but has no flair or creativity. Our wingbacks are shite going forward except Santon who has gown good qualities goin forward. Cabaye great that he is, how many goals has he set up or goal scoring chances has he created? Tiote is poor going forward is only good at being defensive and is blowing hot and cold all season.
    Demba has single handed one a lot of our games for us simple, he’s the only natural goal scoring striker at club, Tim Krul has won games for us single handed, without some of the performances he’s had this season we’d be in bottom 5 FACT. When have u left or finished watching the team this season and truly Sao wow we played good good all round play an great football? That’s right never. HBA cannot come into this team parses knows that, that’s why he’s keeping for impact role like at bolton.

Have a good read at what I’ve just typed and you will all find that what I’ve said is totally correct and you’ll realise why HBA isn’t in team.

• brightontoon

Jan 4, 2012 at 11:20 AM

@styla oh right I’m mis informed I didn’t play with him much just knew him to talk too in mIRC

• styla

Jan 4, 2012 at 11:20 AM

@ CinN all we need to do is play a passing game like HBA said.use cabaye and tiote properly dont have simpson running up the wing like a duck egg have santon drifting into midfield from LB and play formation changing game 5-4-1 in defence and 4-3-3 in direct attck(counter attack)hba jonas ba from corners.4-4-2 for keep ball in midfield.need to pack the pitch with all our guys instead of opening the whole arena for opposition.its real easy to say this shat to pardew but why doesnt he or anyone listen to it.if a guy can get questions to him id like to ask him this whole entire comment

• Stuart

Jan 4, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Just remembered why I stopped posting on this blog like. Creme de la creme of whinging sods.

• styla