The game last night is what Newcastle fans dream of, and what they live for – it’s as simple as that.
Alan Pardew – orchestrated a fabulous win for Newcastle
Here are some things we took from the game:
- We don’t know if this is the last game for Demba Ba and Cheick Tiote before they go off to Africa, but they were both simply magnificent last night. Demba Ba scored a great goal, his 15th in the Premier League this season, and he was a constant threat to Rio Ferdinand and the Manchester defense, and Tiote was back to his very best, and seemed like a man possessed last night.
They were both simply fantastic for Newcastle
- Yohan Cabaye combined well with Tiote to completely control the central midfield all through the game, and of course the Frenchman capped off his display with his third goal for Newcastle, and another fantastic effort from a free kick
- Another clean sheet and it was the 7th of the season, and the third in the last five games which bodes well for the future
- The new back four of Simpson, Coloccini, Williamson and young Davide Santon played a match to remember, and they were all simply superb, with Coloccini the master at the back, but didn’t Davide Santon look some player last night?
- It’s a long long time since we’ve seen such an energetic display from any Newcastle side, and they ran their socks off for the cause. It was a great game for the neutral fan, and a game that will be long be remembered by Newcastle fans, and we noticed none of the crowd of 52,299 were in any hurry to leave after the game – as they rightly were celebrating with the players
- It was the first win since September of 2001 against the Red Devils, and the first win in 19 league games
- If there was ever a display that will have Mike Ashley support Alan Pardew in the January transfer window it was that of last night
- Danny Simpson was 25 yesterday, and showed once again that he is still improving and made another fantastic goal line clearance – so Danny – please sign your new contract as soon as possible – and be part of what looks an excellent future for this Newcastle side
- Newcastle have taken 4 points off Manchester United this season
- Newcastle now have 33 points from their first 20 league games and are in 7th place, 4 points above 8th placed Stoke City and one point behind Liverpool and only 5 points out of 4th place
- Alan Pardew did everything right for this game, and he deserves great credit – Alan picked the right side, and boy, did he have his players ready for this game, and in front of a capacity crowd of 52,299 fans – it was a night we will all remember for many a long year
- Newcastle need to ensure they win their next league game at home to QPR (who will be minus Joey Barton) a week on Saturday, and we could climb higher in the league with another win
- It was the best performance of the season and the best result of the season – so far
- And finally, in case I didn’t make this point clear – our lads were simply magnificent last night 😀