Mehdi Abeid Showed On Saturday He’s One For The Future

Mehdi Abeid had a good game on Saturday, especially in the second half.

Mehdi Abeid – looked good on Saturday

Alan Pardew said after the game that Mehdi had played too far back in the first half, but that was corrected in the final  45 minutes when Newcastle came right back into the game to finally win it 2-1.

Newcastle scored  another two great goals through Ben Arfa and Jonas Gutierrez,  just like on Wednesday night when Demba Ba and Yohan Cabaye were the goal-scorers. in the magnificent and historic win against the  Red Devils.

Mehdi Abeid is one of Newcastle’s top youngsters, and Alan Pardew said he would use the 19 year-old when Cheick Tiote was away on African Cup of Nations duty with the Ivory Coast, and Alan was as good as his word.

Abeid told the local press today that he enjoyed the game on Saturday and leaned a lot:

“It was a really good experience to play against Blackburn and I learned a lot.” “I hope to do well at Newcastle.”   “And I hope that everybody is happy with what I produced.” “I think the more I play the better I will get, game by game.”

“I want to show what I can do and get more time to play.” “Staying in the cup is good for me, I want it to continue. I hope to do well every time I play to stay in contention.”

“We didn’t want a replay.” “We have played a lot in the last month or so.” “It’s good that we win, we can have more rest for the Premier League games.” “Our recovery can be good and gives us a chance to win more games.”

“We wanted to win the game.” “We are really trying to win this competition so we are really happy with it.” “Long may this continue.”

That was Abeid’s second start for Newcastle and his second appearance (he played the full game at Nottingham Forest in the Carling Cup)and we hope Alan Pardew will keep the lad in the side while Cheick is away.

It would be great for him to get a run in the side, because we think this Frenchman is one for the future for the Magpies.

In fact at some point it would be good to see Mehdi paired with attacking central midfielder Haris Vuckic,  because these two lads are at about the same level,  and could be first teamers at Newcastle sooner than we think.

We don’t think Mehdi is too far away from challenging for a first team place,  and he will definitely be doing that next season, and he’s too good to be sent out on loan.

And it shows Newcastle are on the right track by bringing in top youngsters to the club and then developing them on Tyneside.

Some of the top young players we have coming through at Newcastle and who are 21 years old or younger include Mehdi and Haris in addition to Sammy Ameobi, Shane Ferguson, Dan Gosling and James Tavernier.

That cannot be tood bad and that will naturally strengthen the Newcastle squad for next season, when we expect none of the lads to be sent out on loan.

Comments welcome.

• Kc-Toon

Jan 9, 2012 at 1:09 PM

Just heard an interview with sir Richard Branson Whilst he was opening the new virgin bank in Newcastle, he was asked he would sponsor the club, I’m guessing stadium name rights ect, and he sounded like he fancied it. Also about ba this transfer window, am I mistaken or is there not a rule in place whereas players can’t transfer consecutive windows

• joppadoni

Jan 9, 2012 at 1:11 PM

my god i cant wait for his voice to break…

seems a very nice young man though and i hope he can realise his potential with us. didnt see the game on saturday so cant really say what his performance was like. anyone know?

• Brutooon

Jan 9, 2012 at 1:13 PM

its glad that Mehdi ABeid and Harris Vuckic got lots of playing time

maybe Shane Ferguson and Tavernier could slots couples of playing times this season

• Markaccus

Jan 9, 2012 at 1:16 PM

KC – I think that’s correct, the rule on transfering in consecutive windows, but I’m not sure if it applies to players acquired on free transfers. Probably some idiotic loop hole.

• joppadoni

Jan 9, 2012 at 1:24 PM

i seem to remember it being a minimum of 12 months but i have no idea why. also i have just trailled through 70 odd pages of regulatory bolocks on thefa.com website and found nowt.

i tried though. 😀

however Ba’s comments are misconstrude. he isnt interested in joining PSG at all he was simply stating he was flattered of any interest from such a big club and rightly so.

• joppadoni

Jan 9, 2012 at 1:25 PM

Bru are you on the sauce matey 😀

• Markaccus

Jan 9, 2012 at 1:27 PM

Joppadoni, I think its a fifa rule rather than just an fa one, so it might be in fifas regulatory bollocks instead 😀

• toonincheek

Jan 9, 2012 at 1:33 PM

“In fact at some point it would be good to see Mehdi paired with attacking central midfielder Haris Vuckic, because these two lads are at about the same level, and could be first teamers at Newcastle sooner than we think.”

Ed – “sooner than we think”? – hope what you are thinking isn’t the same as I am thinking and if so, that it doesn’t happen.

All this talk about Ba’s release clause – that isn’t the real problem.

The real problem is that our wage structure limits salaries to about £50k, I think.
    ANY of our better players (4-5 of them) could command higher salaries elsewhere, so they are ALL at risk. (Krul also a top player, but probably could not command such a high salary, being a ‘keeper). Contracts don’t mean so much.

The two Man clubs could probably persuade any of our better players that they would have a more money, brighter future, winning things, if they were to move.
    What would ManU give for Cabaye and Tiote as a midfield pairing? Just hope they don’t make an offer.

What we have to do is show that we have every bit as much potential as the other three ‘top’ clubs and that they are better staying with us.

Still, the top players we have will always be looking for the security of a 5-year contract on a top salary.
    Can’t blame them.
    Loyalty is all well and good, but it has its limits.

NUFC must show loyalty and reward good performances by matching current salary levels, or we are always going to lose out.

And yet, salary levels recently have been unreasonably high, so I do support MA’s policy – so far.
    But how long can it continue?

• nobby sol

Jan 9, 2012 at 1:38 PM

soloman kalou available for 3 million they reckon, worth a bid

• NUFCarter

Jan 9, 2012 at 4:20 PM

I feel sorry for players like phil airey Paul dummet tamas kadar ole soderberg and Ryan donaldson

• NUFCarter

Jan 9, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Above comment: they are getting older and aren’t getting any attention will they ever break through?

• max

Jan 9, 2012 at 4:32 PM

what about kadar??

• NUFCarter

Jan 9, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Well kadar has done nothing past seasons

• seetow1

Jan 10, 2012 at 2:39 PM

@joppadoni

you got that right. there is no rule against switching club I THINK but the rule is that within the space of one year, a player can play for a maximum of only TWO clubs. since demba ba last played for west ham in may, and is currently playing for us, he can only play for a new club at the start of next season.

ps not too sure about this info, it’s just random bits of crap i remember from playing FM hahaha