The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Jason Prior Scores In Newcastle Reserves 3-1 Win Over Wigan

5:36 pm, Tuesday, January 10th, 2012 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 259 Comments

Newcastle Reserves beat Wigan Reserves 3-1 at home this afternoon, and Bognor Regis trialist Jason Prior scored the third Newcastle goal, on his Newcastle debut, and in front of a watching Alan Pardew.

Jason Prior – scored a nice goal from 14 yards out

With Alan Pardew, John Carver and Steve Stone all in attendance the Reserves ran out worthy winners, and certainly it seems the Reserve team manager Willie Donachie was delighted for Jason.

And it was a terrific finish from the 23 year-old,  as he hit the ball beautifully home into the top corner of the net from about 14 yards out,  after being played in by Greg McDermott.

The big center-forward has been training over the last few days with the Newcastle squad, and he wore the number 9 shirt today.

And the lad has impressed Scot Willie  Donachie with both his play and his  attitude, as Willie had this to say about Jason after the game:

“He’s a lovely guy with a great attitude.” “It’s great having him around – and he’s a goalscorer.”

“We dominated without really creating great chances,” “We had a lot of shots from distance but I don’t think we got behind them enough.”

“It was a competent performance after the first 15 minutes, where I thought we were a little bit rusty. After that, we did well up until the final third.”

“With respect to Wigan, who are a very honest, good team, we’ve got better players so I was disappointed to give a sloppy goal away and be drawing, and in danger of not even winning the game.”

“That was disappointing but in the end our class told and we scored again and again, and deservedly won.”

For Newcastle Reserves,  young  emerging center-back 17 year-old Remie Street scored Newcastle’s first goal just before half time.

But after Newcastle had completely dominated the game,  Wigan broke away quickly after 64 minutes and Danny Redmond’s cross was put home by a completely unmarked  Jordan Rug, and it was a disappointing goal to concede.

After 72 minutes  Newcastle went back in front with a good goal from Australian Brad Inman, who had come on as a substitute for an injured Sammy Ameobi (oh no!) after 56 minutes.

A long ball was played by Phil Airey onto Haris Vuckic, and the Slovenian U21 International put the ball nicely through for Inman who coolly slotted the ball past goalkeeper Calvin Hare to make it 2-1.

And then five minutes later  Greg McDermott, the son  of Terry McDermott,   won the ball on the half way line and moved forward before putting the ball inside to Jason Prior,  and Jason smashed the ball into the top corner of the net from about 14 yards out.

A nice striker’s goal by Jason.

It remains to be seen if Jason can do enough to win a contract at Newcastle, but it will not harm him having scored a very good goal this afternoon in front of the watching Alan Pardew in his very first game for Newcastle Reserves.

We’re kind of rooting for Jason, if the truth be told.

Teams:

Newcastle United Reserves:
Rob Elliot, Patrick Nzuzi, Tamas Kadar (c), Jeff Henderson, Remie Streete, Dan Gosling, Greg McDermott, Haris Vuckic, Sammy Ameobi (Bradden Inman 56), Ryan Donaldson (Phil Airey 46), Jason Prior
Subs not used: Ole Soderberg, Joan Edmundsson, Yven Moyo

Wigan Athletic Reserves:
Lee Nicholls, Jamie McCormack, Adam Buxton, Josh Langley, Rob Kiernan, Callum Morris, Ryan Watson (Abian Serrano 86), Danny Redmond, Jordan Rugg, Nouha Dicko (Steven Boothman), Adam Dawson (Jonathan Breeze 71)
Subs not used: Calvin Hare, Steven Boothman, Jonathan Breeze, Jonathan Lynch, Abian Serrano

Referee: Paul Curry

Tags: Newcastle News · Newcastle Youth · Reserves

259 responses so far ↓

• 1 roshan MAGPIE // Jan 10, 2012 at 5:40 PM

next santiago munez ha ha

• 2 -Tendo- // Jan 10, 2012 at 5:47 PM

News:
    Swansea have received clearance on the signings of Cliftonville teenager Rory Donnelly and Lens defender Darnel Situ. Click here for more.

Situ would have been great now, isn’t he a CB

• 3 Thump // Jan 10, 2012 at 5:50 PM

The more I hear about this kid the more I think he might be able to do a job for us. I’ve heard that he’s been excellent on the training ground and is making a name for himself in the club. Hope he gets a contract like.

• 4 LewSpi // Jan 10, 2012 at 5:51 PM

If I was Richard Branson, I wouldn’t be too happy that a Newcastle team are still playing with Northern rock on their shirts.

• 5 Toon_Jock // Jan 10, 2012 at 5:53 PM

Throw him in the deep end No9 shirt, and to get a start against QPR ;) He’d probably die of a heart attack!!

Hope he comes through good – seems like a nice guy?

HWTL!!

• 6 Klatoon // Jan 10, 2012 at 6:03 PM

LewSpi nice spot there and yeah WTF did they play with the northern rock logo shirts?

• 7 check the toastie // Jan 10, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Loved Agent Stardusts optimism about how things are going to turn out at the club, but just cant see it, i hope im wrong and ashley turns out to be a genius on both structure of club and recruitment of decent staff (carr,pardew,coaches etc..)
    wow it would blow my mind if we could actually compete with all the clubs who enjoy spending bundles and bundles of cash for no more reward, you would think it would put pressure on old king kenny if we finished above them, oh it would be so good, i repeat so so good.

• 8 Dannyo // Jan 10, 2012 at 6:13 PM

Here’s hoping for the best for the lad.
    Anyone coming in will always get decent reviews. U don’t get asked in an interview; “So how was the trialist Willie?” “Well, we’d expect more of him, can’t see him stay”.
    Ofc u want to boost the lads confidence to get the most of him.
    There’s also a match behind closed door, he’ll probs take part it that too.
    Hope it comes true for him tho, and that he comes good for us. Won’t have any pressure when coming from the non-league ;)

• 9 ronaldeano // Jan 10, 2012 at 6:15 PM

According to @skysportsmobile on twitter, Demba Ba’s agent has said Man utd and PSG are interested in signing him…

This makes me think that it is Dembas agent spreading roumors about his contract to the press to make other clubs want to sign him, therefore his agent gets paid tons more money 5 months after getting paid tons by nufc…
    Agents = greedy b@stards…

• 10 Thump // Jan 10, 2012 at 6:17 PM

Probably ronaldeano. Who is his agent anyway? Anybody we know?

• 11 gonufc // Jan 10, 2012 at 6:22 PM

This would be pretty amazing if he can get a contract and then a game in the first team- potential legend!

• 12 check the toastie // Jan 10, 2012 at 6:22 PM

Its a nice story and i hope the lad is enjoying his chance, must be daunting the jump hes made from non league, not seen him play but thinking that he is going to become a newcastle player must be a 1000/1 chance, the standard of premier league football is now so high.

It would be class if we got the new 12 grand ian wright though, more likely he will be peddled off to gateshead for the rest of the year, 6 month contract, knowing ashley and dereks generous warm nature, this is what willprobably happen.

• 13 ronaldeano // Jan 10, 2012 at 6:26 PM

@thump

Mulders Advocaten is his name…
    I’ve never heard of him like

• 14 ronaldeano // Jan 10, 2012 at 6:31 PM

Ba s now 25/1 to sign for Man Utd with @skybet

• 15 JackButler // Jan 10, 2012 at 6:33 PM

Ba wont go anywhere during this window

• 16 WWJBD // Jan 10, 2012 at 6:35 PM

JB
    Ba is already gone mate, ACoN and all ;)

• 17 JackButler // Jan 10, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Sarcky git ;)

• 18 check the toastie // Jan 10, 2012 at 6:38 PM

Ronaldeano
    The one thing i would take away from Demba Bas Agent trying to keep his client in the public eye is the fact that he stated that his clause isnt a simple 7 million or 10 milion release clause like old sour puss has hinted, he is super safe, enjoying life in the big market drinking non-alcoholic cocktails.

SAF is not interested in Ba it is total BS, its some jumped up dick trying to think hes in the know, im sure Demba has no idea who this loon is, probably about to be sacked from his position as jnr groupie, quite clearly redknapp would like him, but he simply hasnt got the handsome good looks of Pardew so he has no chance.

• 19 JackButler // Jan 10, 2012 at 6:38 PM

• 20 ochytoon // Jan 10, 2012 at 6:38 PM

Is anyone else really glad that Ba’s off to ACoN right now? Also, would anyone else care if Redknapp ceased to exist if you catch my drift?

• 21 JackButler // Jan 10, 2012 at 6:40 PM

A release clause means nothing if the player does not want to move

• 22 ronaldeano // Jan 10, 2012 at 6:41 PM

Chieck the toastie lol!
    Good post m8, I feel better now ????

• 23 WWJBD // Jan 10, 2012 at 6:41 PM

JB
    Haha couldnt help myself

Am I the only toon fans to not have Radnapp on my sh*t list? Aye he was a bit classless but he didnt bring the subject up he merely answered journalists

Think he is getting a bit of a raw deal in relation to this latest balls up

• 24 ochytoon // Jan 10, 2012 at 6:42 PM

Oh yh and I’ve been thinking. Do you reckon this release clause only relates to an injury issue? e.g. If your knee blows up, we will accept bids for £5 million

• 25 dmac // Jan 10, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Back to this prior lad, i hope he gets a chance always want to support the under dog. However im confused what a trialist has to do in order to prove they are worthy of a contract after all didnt Situ play like 4 games and score as many goals from cb?! Seems a hard task if he failed.

Spoke to the lad on tw@tter and he actually bothered to reply seems very down to earth.

• 26 WWJBD // Jan 10, 2012 at 6:44 PM

Situ didnt fail his trial from what I heard he wanted a certain number of starts a season (in his contract) and NUFC wouldnt agree to it

• 27 ochytoon // Jan 10, 2012 at 6:46 PM

WWJBD
    I despise that man. He financially ruined both Southampton and Portsmouth (yes the owners were also to blame but as soon as things got tough, he pissed off) and set both clubs back years. He abandoned us after agreeing to be our manager just to get a bigger pay day and then has the cheek to treat us like a small club. He’s currently facing tax evasion charges despite earning a shit load whilst the average person is struggling to get by. He runs his mouth like no mans business. And finally, my brother is an Arsenal fan and the two Tottenham fans I know are cocky knobs :p

• 28 JackButler // Jan 10, 2012 at 6:46 PM

WWJBD

What Redknapp said was wrong , out of professional courtesy he should have shut his mouth and refused to answer the question. Can you imagine his reaction is Sir Alex or Wenger came out and said that Bale or Modric had a release clause in their contracts???
    The guy has been completely unprofessional which is not surprising given his track record

• 29 Dannyo // Jan 10, 2012 at 6:48 PM

Lee Ryder @lee_ryder
    One thing seems obvious to me, Haris Vuckic is a class above now when playing in the reserves – only there for match fitness #nufc

Ye, expect to see him allot more from now on and in the future. The lad can play as a striker too u know, deffo a big one this lad.

• 30 WWJBD // Jan 10, 2012 at 6:49 PM

ochy
    Haha fair points mate. I cant comment on the pompey or Southampton history as I know nothing about it. I dont really like the man but I dont really care enough about him to hold any ill will towards him.

He is a pretty good English manager though and got Spurs playing some fantastic football

• 31 ochytoon // Jan 10, 2012 at 6:50 PM

JB
    He’s a huge hypocrite. You can’t talk about his players but he’s happy to unsettle other players such as Ba and as seen today, Remy of Marsielle. Reckons he could of had him a few years ago when Tottenham totally had European football and were bigger than Marsielle *rolls eyes*

• 32 ochytoon // Jan 10, 2012 at 6:51 PM

WWJBD
    Just wait till he leaves Tottenham and things go down hill. The debt will pile up and the players will want to leave when they don’t get the European football they so deserve. I bloody hate Tottenham

• 33 WWJBD // Jan 10, 2012 at 6:52 PM

JB
    Oh yeah I dont support what he did but journos are very good at getting people to say what will make the biggest story. And although it wasen’t in the papers it was obviously fairly common knowledge for me its Ba agent who is to blame.

Ba hasen’t touted himself, NUFC wouldnt of touted him for sale so that leave 1 other suspect imo

• 34 JackButler // Jan 10, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Ochy – I hate the guy but because he’s a favourite of the press, he thinks he can get away with running his mouth, the sooner he leaves club football for international football the better as far as I’m concerned

• 35 ochytoon // Jan 10, 2012 at 6:54 PM

JB
    Totally agree mate

In other news, I really should be revising for my law resit tomorrow but I just can’t be bothered…..

• 36 joppadoni // Jan 10, 2012 at 6:54 PM

thats a shot of the training ground durrr.

as for the other idiotic comments.. bah! Ba’s agent wouldnt be doin his job if a new contract is open to him. he isnt going anywhere.

redknap.. well he answered a question. nothing fu cking else… i despise at times :S

stop saying you couldnt care less if a man dies… it makes all the toon army look like fu cking arseholes… you represent all of us when you make opinions on blogs not just yourselves…

• 37 WWJBD // Jan 10, 2012 at 6:55 PM

ochy
    Yeah but he is a manager not a accountant. Its not his job to sort out a clubs debt he is there to get success

Haha I can tell mate but, as with Harry, I have nothing against Spurs. In fact I quite like watching them play when I get the chance

• 38 WWJBD // Jan 10, 2012 at 6:57 PM

ochy
    I should be doing a 3500 word assignment thats in this week but I just cant be bothered haha

• 39 mattyNUFC // Jan 10, 2012 at 6:58 PM

WWJBD

credit where credit is due, but is ‘arry really deserving of any?

He’s had boatloads of cash at every club he’s worked at, dwindled most of it, half the players who come in now at spurs are part of deals done above his head. The team he’s got now, much like man city, can pretty much play itself if i’m perfectly honest. He’s a horrible man manager, calling his players useless on a regular basis (bent, krajncar, kaboul).

yeah, a great english manager, that’s why there’s like five english managers in the englands top flight. *cough*

• 40 ochytoon // Jan 10, 2012 at 6:58 PM

Joppa
    I know it was a daft comment but that man just makes my skin crawl, course it would be sad but its just how I vent my anger

• 41 JackButler // Jan 10, 2012 at 6:59 PM

Ochy – Get off the laptop and go and revise young man or there’s no pocket money for you this week ;)

• 42 ochytoon // Jan 10, 2012 at 6:59 PM

WWJBD
    Hey your at uni mate, I’ve still gotta get in lol

• 43 mattyNUFC // Jan 10, 2012 at 7:00 PM

ha, now i’m boggling my mind….i don’t even think there’s five!

• 44 mattyNUFC // Jan 10, 2012 at 7:03 PM

pards
    redknapp
    hodgson

• 45 WWJBD // Jan 10, 2012 at 7:03 PM

mattyNUFC
    Its arguable but how else do u rank managers other than with success which Harry has brought Spurs.

Aye he possibly isnt the best man manager but he has his team playing a way he wants them too and it works. Either they get with the programme or they leave.

• 46 LewSpi // Jan 10, 2012 at 7:04 PM

WWJBD – I’m currently sat in the uni library, clearly my property law report is going too well as I’m sat reading this comments feed.

• 47 WWJBD // Jan 10, 2012 at 7:04 PM

ochy
    Haha aye but as u get in I will be heading out mate then its to the big bad ocean of job hunting haha

• 48 mattyNUFC // Jan 10, 2012 at 7:06 PM

wwjbd

i mean, your argument is the anti-thesis. I can’t conceivably argue against results but, and i know there’ll be folks on either end of the spectrum with this one, but who honestly believes Mancini is doing a great job? Throw in Peter Reid or Joe f***ing Kinnear and they’d still be where they are i believe

• 49 LewSpi // Jan 10, 2012 at 7:06 PM

isn’t*

• 50 WWJBD // Jan 10, 2012 at 7:06 PM

LewSpi
    Haha yeah this blog is a damn fine distraction from my marketing management plan currently I have 2 words down and 3498 to go

• 51 davybtoon // Jan 10, 2012 at 7:07 PM

i hope jason prior gets a deal n a chance to prove himself

• 52 GeordieGerman // Jan 10, 2012 at 7:07 PM

I don’t get this crap about ‘arry and the southern press anyway. If I’m buying a car from someone in Throckley I don’t ask someone in Lemington if the cars a good runner. Why don’t the Cockney press get their asses up to a Pardew media conference?

• 53 ronaldeano // Jan 10, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Old floppy face back peddling on the Demba Ba clause saga…
    “I keep hearing conflicting stories about the buyout clause.
    “One person says one thing and (then) somebody comes on and says he can be bought out for X amount.
    “I think the only people that probably know are Newcastle and Demba Ba.”

• 54 mattyNUFC // Jan 10, 2012 at 7:08 PM

davyb

alot of folks saying they hope he gets a contract. me too….but ONLY if he is good enough and can improve the squad. We’ve enough dead weight as it is now not to pile on more that we’ll just have to rely on when our 1st and 2nd choice get injured because our owner didn’t want to spend proper money on proper players

• 55 WWJBD // Jan 10, 2012 at 7:11 PM

mattyNUFC
    See I think Mancini is doing a fine job, before this season I might of said that any manager can do it but after the Tevez ordeal I think he is a very strong manager and able to deal with all the egos. Not everyone could do that job

• 56 ochytoon // Jan 10, 2012 at 7:17 PM

WWJBD
    Ha, just take a bullshit year in Africa or Vietnam or something. That’s what I’m doing after Uni. Vietnam, Spain, well thats pretty much it

• 57 LGFUAD21 // Jan 10, 2012 at 7:17 PM

WWJBD

Same here mate. Same here. I thought I’d ave a chill out sesh first when I got in. ended up on Fifa from 2 til 6

• 58 WWJBD // Jan 10, 2012 at 7:20 PM

ochy
    Not a bad plan mate I have been tempted to head to africa and do some work if I cant find a job

LGFUAD21
    Been there mate its upsetting when u realise how much time u have wasted haha

• 59 check the toastie // Jan 10, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Good old cockney Harry is quite clearly having a laugh at us backward northerners along with all the southern based press who fawn at his every word, im sure he likes to buy them all a pint or too down his favorite casino, imagine if all other managers had the same agenda, lets just have daily press conferences and discuss other clubs players contracts, classless tw~t for me.
    like most southerners (pardew excluded) they think the sun shines out of londons arse, however they can keep it as it is a shit hole (well its OK for a weekend away with the kids at xmas) Quite clearly the promised land of northumberland is were the top european talent will soon want to belong.

• 60 ochytoon // Jan 10, 2012 at 7:25 PM

WWJBD
    Oh, I didn’t mean charity work, more along the lines of installing yourself as a dictator of like Sierra Leone or something :D

• 61 Crow59Cdo // Jan 10, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Just out of interest has anyone here seen the film moneyball??? watched it last night and the story line is unreal

• 62 Magpies-till-d3ath // Jan 10, 2012 at 7:29 PM

This dude seems like a good lad. He has a good chance of making the bench against R’s, as Sammy is injured

• 63 WWJBD // Jan 10, 2012 at 7:29 PM

ochy
    Hahahaha howay am far too nice to be a dictator plus it always ends badly haha
    Anyway lads I am off to write atleast 2000 words

Have a good un

• 64 check the toastie // Jan 10, 2012 at 7:30 PM

good luck with the studying boys, did mine wot seems like an eternity ago but effort is wot gets you on, im sure i would have got a decent degree if it wasnt for championship manager 1998-99, always trying to resign andy cole for the toon.

• 65 milk or cream // Jan 10, 2012 at 7:49 PM

can you really blame harry ?? he got asked a question and answered it, this is football, we have done it to other clubs, its up to the club to tie the player down, as we did with tiote, so the club prob heard that other clubs where sniffing around for him then,
    strikers are the ones that get all the headlines, i bet most scouts from big clubs have been asking his agent, and his agent will be touting him all over,, look at my player, you can have him for 7 mill, agent and player are in a win win ,

this is football :(

its agents and greed to blame not harry

• 66 check the toastie // Jan 10, 2012 at 7:54 PM

heres a little stat attack to pick the bones out of, not really sure what it says, prefer watching the match myself, but clearly the main men stand out, Cabaye,Collo,Saylor,Ba,Gutti,Guthrie,Tiote and Raylor-maybe slow but he has defo gained us points this year.

• 67 milk or cream // Jan 10, 2012 at 7:55 PM

i hop ewe sign the lad, this is roy of the rovers stuff, what we all dream of :)

good luck kid, and well done,

can you imagine the pressure he would have put on him self to impress, one min your playing on park pitches with your mates, the next your training with some of the top players in the premier league, colo ben afa, ba, cabaye,

• 68 Lee Dodd // Jan 10, 2012 at 7:59 PM

Get Him Signed up. First game for the reserves and He scores. Even Shearer or Carroll would not do that. AT under £20 grand how can we loose….

• 69 check the toastie // Jan 10, 2012 at 8:01 PM

milk or cream, maybe it isnt harry’s fault for being stupid, if he was so interested in Ba why would he alert everybody else to the fact hes got a release clause, typical cockney trait speaks before he engages his little tiny pea sized brain.
    Shouldnt hold his eagerness to please his media buddies (who i imagine hes hoping are going to be nice to him when he bombs as england manager-as if) against him i suppose, he should just show a bit more class, he is the only top club manager who conducts his transfer business like this. Wonder who he metions 2moro.

• 70 eaststandgeordie1982 // Jan 10, 2012 at 8:07 PM

GG if your buying a car from someone in throckley you should know fine well it isnt a good runner it will be a cut and shut just been used in a robbery with 4 bald tires and no seat belts lol

• 71 Mancgeordie // Jan 10, 2012 at 8:08 PM

I don’t no if it has been mentioned on here earlier buy rhodes is 3/1 to join us in the window also clyne isn’t in the palace tonight is he inj?

• 72 Klatoon // Jan 10, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Clyne not playing for Palace tonight,no need watching this then for me.

• 73 milk or cream // Jan 10, 2012 at 8:11 PM

check the toastie // Jan 10, 2012 at 7:54 PM

id love to see what some of our fans see in obertan, when you watch him he is embarrassing , he hides, and befor anyone says its because the fans get on his back, no he has done it from match 1, not only can you see it, but its there in the stats to,
    actually shame on pardew, he does a lot of things right, but he has got it horrably wrong with obertan, and in trying to prove he was a good buy, he is makng obertan look an even bigger donkey

• 74 milk or cream // Jan 10, 2012 at 8:13 PM

check the toastie /

yes harry could and should have shown a little more class

• 75 Ponderous Pardew // Jan 10, 2012 at 8:15 PM

I have it on good authority that Clyne is due for a medical at benton, in the morning.

• 76 Toon Tang // Jan 10, 2012 at 8:20 PM

im watching a couple of ex geordie legends tonight. ambrose and ramage anyone ??

• 77 ochytoon // Jan 10, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Ponderous Pardew
    Care to name your sauces?

• 78 check the toastie // Jan 10, 2012 at 8:27 PM

shame for obertan, i think there is a footballer in there somewhere but it has took far too long for it to appear, i think the crowd have willed him on and gave him every chance apart from the odd pr~ck who constantly annoy the sh@t out of me on match days, just hasnt cut the mustard,
    Havent quite wrote him off yet though, he is no benny though and that should have been seen many matches ago, would have been sitting pretty if Arfa had of played from swansea onwards.

• 79 Ponderous Pardew // Jan 10, 2012 at 8:27 PM

Reggae-Reggae….

• 80 WWJBD // Jan 10, 2012 at 8:27 PM

Damn u Ponderous I havent even hit 1000 words! :)

Where have u heard that interesting bit of rumour?

• 81 Mancgeordie // Jan 10, 2012 at 8:30 PM

Yes pounderous pardew i would be interested how you know

• 82 2_goal_tino // Jan 10, 2012 at 8:30 PM

God, Ramage was useless. Biggest contribution to us was doing the headed clearance To Rooney for THAT volley. Where are the rest of that lot? Edgar still at Burnley? Where’s Huntington? Still remember his goal against spuds when obafemi scored the 87 mile/hr goal.

They said clone has the virus that the rest ofmthenteam have/had.

• 83 ochytoon // Jan 10, 2012 at 8:31 PM

WWJBD
    Done better than me mate, still haven’t started that revision. Got about 2 hours done today and have probs done 6/7 hours in total but still feeling dodgy :/

• 84 WWJBD // Jan 10, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Clyne isnt playing because of a virus according to the twitter lords…and Clyne himself if his twitter account is real

• 85 Rocknstrolla // Jan 10, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Ramage does the damage again! gosh he was shite!

• 86 check the toastie // Jan 10, 2012 at 8:31 PM

me interested too ponderous pardew, reveal your source

• 87 check the toastie // Jan 10, 2012 at 8:34 PM

and i agree ramage is not looking like the prospect he looked at the toon, bombing up and down that line like Kyle Walker, rumour has it Redknapp was after him at the time.LOL

• 88 Mancgeordie // Jan 10, 2012 at 8:35 PM

Virus or medical?

• 89 WWJBD // Jan 10, 2012 at 8:35 PM

ochy
    I was going well but then ponderous decides to make a shout like that and am back haha

6/7 hours of revision? Hell lad thats more than I have ever done on a single exam fair play to ya I say

• 90 Ponderous Pardew // Jan 10, 2012 at 8:37 PM

I ‘fess, I’m having you on. I couldn’t resist, sorry :)

That’s how manufacturing a rumour works though eh? Clyne absent tonight? Oooo, he must be moving somewhere!

AP could ask for a new specialist RB ’til he’s blue in the face, but MA wont even attempt to get one, not until we’ve sold Simpson at 18:00 on the 31st ;)

• 91 europe4toon // Jan 10, 2012 at 8:38 PM

next alan shearer errmmmmmmmm not utter rubbish he is what a joke time for pardrew to go

• 92 Qatar NUFC fan // Jan 10, 2012 at 8:38 PM

im watching CRY VS CAR..
    Wilfried Zaha looks very promising player i hope we can sign him soon :)

• 93 WWJBD // Jan 10, 2012 at 8:39 PM

Ponderous
    Haha fair play u horrible man
    And back to my exile

• 94 Ponderous Pardew // Jan 10, 2012 at 8:41 PM

WWJBD

I particularly apologise to you :lol: Now chop-chop, those essays don’t write themselves!

• 95 ochytoon // Jan 10, 2012 at 8:42 PM

WWJBD
    Well, perhaps a slight over exaggeration, definitely five hours though. I just get worried that I’ll forget something important so I keep going over and over until it does my nut in

• 96 check the toastie // Jan 10, 2012 at 8:43 PM

Gud old Ambrose is a good championship player for me, classy for that standard, probably could have played at a slightly higher level, Zaha to gud for the toon in Dougie Freedmans opinion, kid will have disappeared by next year, what a tube.

Some of these well touted attacking championship players should be given a serious wide berth, get them at seveteen or forget it. 12million Oxade Chamberlain, Sammy was better last U21′s, and he cares, thats the way to do it.

• 97 WWJBD // Jan 10, 2012 at 8:50 PM

Ponderous
    Haha accepted mate :)

ochy
    Trying to link information to something u already know sometimes used to help me. For example link important acts (and other such law things) to NUFC players might allow u to access the information easier as u’ll think Gutti-employment act

Sometimes works sometimes doesnt but hey it’ll add some fun into ur revision as well haha

• 98 Mancgeordie // Jan 10, 2012 at 8:53 PM

BA is 8/11 to join chelsea on skybet that quite short odds for a transfer isn’t it? Like I said before though rhodes is 3/1 to come to us

• 99 Toon Tang // Jan 10, 2012 at 8:55 PM

yea ambrose were half decent. that corker he scored at old trafford was top drawer. bellamyish type player but without the big heavy swinging ostrich egg bollocks.

• 100 geordielad880 // Jan 10, 2012 at 8:56 PM

nathan clyne will be one of the best left backs in the prem in the next 5 years or so, he is an awesome talent, we had him watched on several occations, pardew has been in constant touch with curtis fleming, who is development coach at palace, as they are good friends, and he is so highly rated there, its all about the price though

• 101 geordielad880 // Jan 10, 2012 at 8:57 PM

best right backs sorry

• 102 ochytoon // Jan 10, 2012 at 8:58 PM

WWJBD
    I don’t think fun and revision can be used in the same sentence lol. Not a bad idea but knowing me, I’d write down the Gutti-employment act in my exam

• 103 Beattie25 // Jan 10, 2012 at 8:59 PM

Bassong has reiterated that he would like to find regular football. I think we should bring him back. What would he cost 3-4 million?

Not only would he give us Premier Leauge experience, but he is versatile (covering LB and CB), 25 years old and would come into the side as a French speaking player who has first hand experience of the grass not being greener.

I for one would rather buy a proven premier leauge player who will push the first team rather than an up and coming youngster at this moment in time. Not only are we buggered if Collo or Willo goes down but with Remi Streete and Jeff Henderson coming through the ranks and in the next year or 2 pushing the first team, we don’t want a glut of young CB’s and risk loosing the next Steven Taylor to another team.

• 104 Mancgeordie // Jan 10, 2012 at 9:00 PM

So lads do you reckon it could be clyne, rhodes, maguire and/or dunk in. Maybe even erdinc as well but i starting to think BA might go

• 105 geordielad880 // Jan 10, 2012 at 9:00 PM

dont want bassong back, he was one of the first players to come out and say they wanted to leave when we were relegated

• 106 geordielad880 // Jan 10, 2012 at 9:02 PM

we wont sign rhodes, he definately isnt on the radar, id say clyne and maguire definately are, i dont rate maguire and rhodes that highly

• 107 ochytoon // Jan 10, 2012 at 9:04 PM

Where did these Erding rumours come from today?

• 108 Mancgeordie // Jan 10, 2012 at 9:07 PM

I dunno that rhodes lad seems to be clinical and is cert well above league 1 level and is still only 21 not sayin he is the next alan shearer but he might prove to be a good prem striker

• 109 Beattie25 // Jan 10, 2012 at 9:14 PM

When youre a young lad, you’ve played your heart out for a season and outplayed players that were on double, triple, quadruple what you were on and then the big bucks are flashed, an agent gets in your ear to tell you that you could go from a relegated club to one pushing for Europe any player would be tempted.

Everyone commends the players that stayed for their loyalty but how much do we know about it, maybe nobody wanted them? And half of the ones that stayed were massive underperformers that season and owed us the loyalty for their hand in the relegation, Bassong was quality for us.

Whether he left us in the crap or not, I still think he is a good player and a better 4 million investment than Tomkins. We are looking for available players that would add to our team! A pacey, left footed CB is certainly a good idea.

Bassong is available for £4 million
    Cissokho is available for £6 – 6.5 million
    Erding may be available for £5-6 million

Perfect January window if these sign and nobody leaves? Me thinks so!

• 110 geordielad880 // Jan 10, 2012 at 9:18 PM

bassong will cost 6m, cissokho around 10m, and erdinc around 7m

• 111 geordielad880 // Jan 10, 2012 at 9:19 PM

bassong has done nothing since he left

• 112 Mancgeordie // Jan 10, 2012 at 9:20 PM

N bassong ain’t gonna be happy being 4th choice cb

• 113 Mancgeordie // Jan 10, 2012 at 9:23 PM

Maguire or dunk will be happy waitin learnin developing an playin around 10-15 apps a year

• 114 bills-son // Jan 10, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Beattie25 – I’ll guarantee if we sign 2/3 players in this window and don’t sell anyone the neggers will say we are just stocking up to sell the crown jewels in the summer.

If we don’t sign anyonr Ashley will be called a FGB.

THAT is the reality of some of the fans on this forum.

• 115 geordielad880 // Jan 10, 2012 at 9:28 PM

I would prefer us to spend decent money on a top centre back to play next to collo, and then we have williamson and s.taylor to rotate with them, a solid back four would give us more of a foundation to let the likes on ben arfa push forward, the dissapointing thing at the minute is, we are about 4 players away from been a top side, if we spent 25m we could challenge the top sides, but it wont happen

• 116 Beattie25 // Jan 10, 2012 at 9:31 PM

All the haters on my back, but you are only strengthining my point.

Cissokho has been offered to Arsenall for 8 million Euros (6.5 million punds) from a Lyon team struggling financially. Arsenal are not in the market for a permanent LB as Santos and Gibbs are injured but are both first teamers, they pnly want a loan LB.

Bassongs official value is £5.5 million but as mancgeordie has pointed he wont be happy being 4th choice CB. He is this at Tottenham but I could see him pushing Willo at CB and he would be first choice cover at LB. Geordielad the fact he hasn’t done anything since he has left surely means a bid of £4 million would be enough to get him. (And yes I would pick him over Willo)

Erdinc could easily be signed for £5-6 million as this matches his market value and PSG are hardly struggling financially so are neither despperate for cash (will accept lower than 5-6 mill) or pushing a star player through for a high fee (Carroll, Torres etc…)

• 117 Mancgeordie // Jan 10, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Geordielad i know whar you mean but i reckon they goin to go with 3 main cb of staylor, colo n williamson then a good youngster to bring on as the 4th choice an to be fair are 3 cb haven’t done much wrong this season

• 118 Beattie25 // Jan 10, 2012 at 9:36 PM

May I add that I know none of this will actually happen in reality but it is good to debate what we would do if we actualy had a decent owner willing to spend just a little bit.

I think if we do want to get into Europe this year (a possibility) and into the later stages of the FA cup signing a young CB this month isn’t going to add to the first team quality and MA will never buy a top class, expensive CB so Bassong would be a realistic option.

• 119 bills-son // Jan 10, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Beattie25 – agree entirely with your logic on Bassong.

He was top class in the relegation season. He left because he was signed for a pittance and was on low wages. His wages were probably increased X4 at Spurs and we got £8M for a player with one season under his belt – and we kept Collo and STaylor.

I agree he would be a good buy but he would want first team football and we can’t guarantee that – I doubt he’ll be signed.

• 120 LewSpi // Jan 10, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Chelsea have got Cahill, if no one has seen already.

• 121 bills-son // Jan 10, 2012 at 9:46 PM

Beattie25 – why does a top class CB have to be ‘expensive’ ?

Cabaye, Tiote, Ba and Santon are top class and cost a total of £13M – with not one over £5M.

‘Decent owners’ have a more than decent scouting system and get top class players for a fraction of what ‘non decent’ owners do.

Why can’t you and other fans see that?

• 122 Mancgeordie // Jan 10, 2012 at 9:46 PM

Bills-son that was point i was makin bassong ain’t happy sat in stands cos when saylor is back we saylor n colo will be 1st choice with willo competin for a start n them 3 haven’t done much wrong this year but get inj

• 123 geordielad880 // Jan 10, 2012 at 9:50 PM

bills-son, i agree big money signings doesnt mean they are top players, luque, viana, etc spring to mind. Players attitude, background, how they will fit into the system etc, all have to be considered, and its something newcastle are doing now, when they targeted cabaye, they done all the background work, the fact he played on the left of a three man central midfield, would he fit in? and they decided with his positional sense and work rate, and ability that the would, great decision!

• 124 mattyNUFC // Jan 10, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Beattie

Lyon struggling financially? Don’t twist things to fit your argument. He’s being bandied about because he wanted out this summer and they already bought a replacement

and bills-son
    you said people would gripe if we didn’t bring anyone in in January, is that not fair enough in itself as it’s obvious we need bodies?

• 125 Beattie25 // Jan 10, 2012 at 9:57 PM

@ bills-son

I was commenting on Geordielads quote:

”I would prefer us to spend decent money on a top centre back to play next to collo”

I was pointing out that decent money wouldnt be spent on a top class CB to play next to collo. Believe you me I would be almost as happy if we payed 1million for a CB i’d never heard of that had the glowing referance from Carr as I would be happy spending £10 million on the likes of Verthogen. I trust in the scouts that have turned our team into a qualtiy team for a such a small price.

Mangeordie I think that 3 first team CB’s are not enough to compete in such a gruleing and long season. Imagine if we qualify fot the inertoto cup (like Fulham) and we have to play 30 games before January next year. Both Willo and Saylor are susspetible to injury and whilst I agree that Basson wouldnt be first choice, he certainly would’nt be in a position were he would never play.

• 126 GeordieToon89 // Jan 10, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Cwarro has said thaz been an approach for Ba and it now rests with Newcastle

• 127 Beattie25 // Jan 10, 2012 at 10:03 PM

@ mattyNUFC

I am not twisting things to suit my argument I am merely pointing out the facts. It is well documented that Lyon are struggling financially regardless of if they have ‘bandied’ about Cissokho because he wanted to leave.

Cissokho cost Lyon 15 million euros and are ready to let him leave for nearly half that! If Lyon were not struggling financially they would certainly try to recoup what they had spent on him.

• 128 mattyNUFC // Jan 10, 2012 at 10:05 PM

• 129 Beattie25 // Jan 10, 2012 at 10:11 PM

”…but lyon has a history of paying over the odds for players and selling at losses. Gourcuff”

How can your example of Lyon paying over the odds and selling at a loss be a player who still plays for Lyon?

• 130 davybtoon // Jan 10, 2012 at 10:11 PM

this ba stuff getting boring now clearly his agent trying to get a pay day from us or someone else

• 131 bills-son // Jan 10, 2012 at 10:12 PM

mattyNUFC – you are missing my point.

What I’m saying is even if Ashley signed 2/3 players this Jan he’s still get slagged off by the neggers who would say he’d only done it so he can flog the cown jewels in the summer.

Ashley can’t win with many fans – and that STINKS to high heaven IMO.

• 132 davybtoon // Jan 10, 2012 at 10:13 PM

cwarr at it again man u hav bid for ba yet all the north east journos say no approach what soever

imo ba will be here after the window n will probably get offered a new deal

• 133 2_goal_tino // Jan 10, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Everyone keeps saying dunk and Macguire would be happy to be back up and wait, but do we really know how much better they are than Kadar who has waited for three years already? I think at this stage we need to invest in someone on at least an equal level as williamson right now! If they are the same as Kadar we know for a fact Pards will play perch over them!

I personally wouldn’t mind Bassong back. At least he’d already have some sort of a relationship and partnership with colo or saylor. I know both have improved, but let’s not forget by this time in the season he was our number one cb above those two- he has natural ability and I feel spurs are quite desperate to get rid. With a well-written press conference the vast majority I’m sure would forgive him.

• 134 davybtoon // Jan 10, 2012 at 10:15 PM

this argument still going on neggers would hav a point if we werent buying better than were selling but we r so dont see what there problem is

• 135 Beattie25 // Jan 10, 2012 at 10:16 PM

Apparently PSG have bid for Ba according to ‘intheknow99′ on Twitter.

Its all utter gubbins!

• 136 davybtoon // Jan 10, 2012 at 10:17 PM

if ba still here in next 10 days he wont leave

• 137 mattyNUFC // Jan 10, 2012 at 10:25 PM

bills-son,

can you argue with that sentiment though? It’s been reciprocated clearer than day to us fans that that is the whole and sole intention for the next few years at least. There’s been no statement that is in regards to “team-building for the future” or keeping the spine intact, it’s supposedly strictly time to balance the books. You can’t blame fans for having a pessimistic outlook on clear and perpetual happenings.

I think someone said it correctly that big clubs ward teams off their players as to the contrary, we invite direct competitors in. I’m trying to play a bit of the devil’s advocate but I honestly do believe the days of seeing us consistently in the top six are a pipe dream. I don’t disagree that MA, who you clearly have a fondness for, is putting us on a sound financial footing better than that of which shepard had us on, but it doesn’t change the fact we’re a for-profit club currently, not two ways about it. football comes second, right or wrong, agree or otherwise

• 138 davybtoon // Jan 10, 2012 at 10:35 PM

why the hell can ppl not see were building a team for the first time in years we actually hav a good team, nolan n barton werent wanted get this into your heads, jose didnt want to b here, n we got 35mill for a player who is more arsed about getting pissed than he is playing football
    we hav the ryt manager in place were buying the ryt players whats the problem

• 139 geordielad880 // Jan 10, 2012 at 10:39 PM

davybtoon there is no problem, well not from me anyways, the club is been run the right way for the first time in years, stability, no rash signings, steady building, good young side, we need to keep our best players, and build for the future. We still have abeid, ferguson, vuckic, tavernier etc to come into the side in the future aswell

• 140 GeordieToon89 // Jan 10, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Lmao now where selling Ba and Andy Carroll is his replacement for between 15/20million haha

• 141 davybtoon // Jan 10, 2012 at 10:44 PM

really not sure i want carroll back

• 142 davybtoon // Jan 10, 2012 at 10:45 PM

• 143 mattyNUFC // Jan 10, 2012 at 10:47 PM

easy davyb, easy lad

all i was saying is there’s nothing says, from the horse’s mouth (MA or DL) that we are indeed planning on really, seriously challenging. All i’ve heard are concessions and carefully worded MOs that entail us staying afloat and becoming profitable.

get off your high horse. as much as you want to believe you know the exact impetuses behind how the club is being run, you don’t, and neither does anyone else on here

• 144 mattyNUFC // Jan 10, 2012 at 10:48 PM

jesus, i wish ed would put a ban on words like “carroll” “AC” etc so we can even stop these inane deliberations over whether we want him back. He’s crap. who wants crap? not i….

• 145 davybtoon // Jan 10, 2012 at 10:49 PM

i dont need to kno whats goin on inside the club i can see a team being built n a very good team the average age is 24/25 now

• 146 spitfire_ // Jan 10, 2012 at 10:50 PM

This cwarr…stuff look like some schizophrenic… it’s pathetic.

• 147 mattyNUFC // Jan 10, 2012 at 10:52 PM

oh, and for the record davyb, (and i feel like i’ve said this a thousand times in rebuttal to your every response concerning any less than complimentary opinions on our hierarchy but you still harp on as if to make the argument seem new) i never liked Nolan, as a man, no doubt, but as a footballer to take us forward, no way.

Joey Barton is crap. Faurlin has been QPRs unsung hero. God, you never cease to amaze me at how pompous you are, davyb. you think you’ve just got everyone and everything figured out.

• 148 davybtoon // Jan 10, 2012 at 10:53 PM

15mill on carroll not a chance even if true id rather they used the money to keep ba who is 20x the player carroll will ever be

• 149 mattyNUFC // Jan 10, 2012 at 10:55 PM

blind abidance i’ve never been party to, my friend. I question things when I feel like they should be questioned. the difference between you and bills-son is bills-son will at least reason, ponder, think. You will not. You’re as bad as the folks you deride, the “neggars” because your differences end where your similarities begin; you are both, to the death, absolutely correct

• 150 GeordieToon89 // Jan 10, 2012 at 11:05 PM

hope not hes f****g sh*te

• 151 davybtoon // Jan 10, 2012 at 11:05 PM

matty u mite get bored of me spouting the same crap but its no different from the same crap that gets spouted by the neggers that i hav to put with the same boring arguments about 35mil, n selling our best players its all crap that fact the ppl cant see we needed to take 2 steps back to move forward is beyond me the club was a mess fiancially its taking nearly 4 years to sort out n were now seeing the benefits of it, built a great scouting system the youth set up is best its ever been, the quality of player we sign, the manager n coaching staff its all comin together yet all ppl do is f**cking piss n moan grinds my gears

• 152 GeordieGerman // Jan 10, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Change subject. Just watched “Warhorse”. Crying my bloody eyes out. Was a Geordie in it to. Wey he could be a Mackem. South Shields.

• 153 mattyNUFC // Jan 10, 2012 at 11:12 PM

well i hardly think i’m pissing and moaning as you put it, and it doesn’t rebut the fact that your steadfastness in your beliefs is the same archaic approach adopted by the neggars….there’s plenty of room for a gray area with just about all of these arguments we mull over all day

• 154 Brutooon // Jan 10, 2012 at 11:12 PM

1) Mike Ashley wont spend 15 million on one player

2) Andy Carroll is Shit – he struggle even playing with a good suarez and gerrard

3) replace Demba Ba with Andy Carroll is 10 step going behind

• 155 GeordieToon89 // Jan 10, 2012 at 11:13 PM

GG – Whats he called the lad from South Shields?? thats where a live haha

• 156 Special K // Jan 10, 2012 at 11:14 PM

—————Krul——
    Santon–Willo–Collo–Cissokho
    —————Tiote——–
    —–Cabaye———Jonas
    ————–HBA———–
    ——Carroll—–Ba

For £21m, and maybe whatever we could get from Simpson
    (3-4m), you can’t deny that team would be a serious contender for a Top 4 place next year with a bit of depth.

I think Ba is the pacy type striker we originally needed to play off Carroll and with Cabaye having in my opinion a better delivery than Barton we don’t lose anything there, with Marveaux an option to push Jonas.

I don’t think it would become a Plan A long ball team with Carroll back, we’ve played some decent stuff on the floor with Best/Shola in the team. Hey it probably won’t happen but I’m not as against AC returning as most. We loved him before he left and if we can mug £20-25m off Liverpool for a year long loan than no harm there (provided he takes a wage cut)

• 157 GeordieGerman // Jan 10, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Brutooon, you surprise me.

• 158 davybtoon // Jan 10, 2012 at 11:15 PM

matty its been the same argument everyday for nearly a year its BORING but every day the team seems to b improving

• 159 GeordieToon89 // Jan 10, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Carrolls started to play well the last couple weeks anyways so why on earth would they sell him

• 160 GeordieGerman // Jan 10, 2012 at 11:16 PM

GeordieToon89, didn’t take note of it. But don’t think you would know him. Was 1914-1918.

• 161 davybtoon // Jan 10, 2012 at 11:17 PM

we dont need carroll id rather go get erdinc or rhodes small fast skillfull striker

• 162 GeordieGerman // Jan 10, 2012 at 11:18 PM

davybtoon, and Perch came on against ManUre and we still won. :-O

• 163 mattyNUFC // Jan 10, 2012 at 11:19 PM

GG,

on brutooon

my thoughts exactly. talk about someone who can’t bring anything fresh to the table.

just curious, brutooon, where are you from? I’m not gonna bash you if you’re not from newcastle, i’m not, i’m just curious

• 164 mattyNUFC // Jan 10, 2012 at 11:21 PM

alright, here’s something new

if you had a straight choice between Erding and Rhodes, who’d it be?

Without too much to say, I’d take a punt on rhodes. seems like he’s got a great attitude and the desire to succeed. not saying erding doesnt, but his desire as well as his ability is up to question, mainly as i haven’t really had a chance to see him play since we’ve been linked

• 165 GeordieToon89 // Jan 10, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Would much rather have a player who is focussed on playing football and not drinking, would rather buy a good striker to play off Ba

• 166 mattyNUFC // Jan 10, 2012 at 11:24 PM

it got lost in the post, special K

You have an argument but Carroll? even for 10mil we’d be within or well within shot of Olivier Giroud, Sordell, Maynard, Rhodes, Papis Cisse to name but a few, and you’d want Carroll back? Not my cup of tea, I suppose.

• 167 dmac // Jan 10, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Id be gutted if Carroll came back at the cost of a rhodes/erdinc style player. If we were to lose Ba which i dont think we will, if we did and got 10m for him id welcome carroll back for 10-15 m as he can play the ba role.

We still need that pacey bellamyesque player.

• 168 Brutooon // Jan 10, 2012 at 11:25 PM

GeorgieGerman : if we sign someone we need some fresh new players

MattyNUFC : somewhere in Asia mate :) and to ans your question i rather go for Erding

• 169 GeordieGerman // Jan 10, 2012 at 11:26 PM

mattyNUFC, my guess is Brunei.

• 170 mattyNUFC // Jan 10, 2012 at 11:27 PM

that’s what i thought, gg

thanks brutooon

• 171 davybtoon // Jan 10, 2012 at 11:28 PM

erdinc n rhodes but if i had to pick one rhodes, seems this prior attitude is spot on both gosling n donachie were saying hes been great have around n by the sounds of it he has the skills to go with it, low cost risk on a short term deal to see if can hack it at the very top level

• 172 Brutooon // Jan 10, 2012 at 11:28 PM

GeordieGerman : true that :)

• 173 GeordieGerman // Jan 10, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Brutooon // Jan 10, 2012 at 11:25 PM

“GeorgieGerman : if we sign someone we need some fresh new players.” ???????????????????????

Sounds the same to me. Or do you mean? We don’t need any “returns.”?

• 174 GeordieGerman // Jan 10, 2012 at 11:29 PM

:-)

• 175 Jail for Ashley // Jan 10, 2012 at 11:29 PM

GT89
    Havent seen the film but it’ll be that Kirkpatrick he walked back and forward accross the battlefield collecting the wounded with a donkey,probably doesn’t mention in the film that he was constantly mortal drunk while doing so mind,cant blame him like.

• 176 GeordieGerman // Jan 10, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Jail for Ashley, no he……

…. Sorry won’t spoil the film for you.

• 177 Brutooon // Jan 10, 2012 at 11:37 PM

GeordieGerman

1) Carroll been a year in Liverpool and he didnt score that must – did he?

2) Carroll is no way value at 10 million, the most i would pay for him is 3 million

3) “returns” only for legendary players – e.g lee clark, solano and maybe shearer (player to management)

• 178 LewSpi // Jan 10, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Does anyone think Kadar could have some sort of ban? If he did would he be allowed to play for teh reserves?

I just can’t see why he is captaining the reserve team every week, yet he still doesn’t even make the bench, when we only have Perch ont eh bench who is a defensive type player.

I’ve heard of it happening before where players have got bans for like drug offences, and clubs have brushed over it by saying that they’re injured.

Even if he isn’t fit enough to play for teh rfirst team, surely he would be handy on the bench just in case. There’s definitelty something fishy imo.

• 179 GeordieToon89 // Jan 10, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Ryan Babel is a legend on twitter haha he’s just broadcasted Wayne Rooneys and Patrice Evra’s BBM pins haha

• 180 LewSpi // Jan 10, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Sorry lads, that typing was shocking.

• 181 davybtoon // Jan 10, 2012 at 11:40 PM

lewspi pardew just dosent seem to rate kadar

• 182 GeordieToon89 // Jan 10, 2012 at 11:40 PM

LewSpi – Ya cant play atall if ur banned for drugs doesnt matter what level mate.. a think he’s just not impressing enough in training when hes with the first team

• 183 Jail for Ashley // Jan 10, 2012 at 11:41 PM

I think that everyone is pretty much happy with the team at the moment,I think what is still pi*sing people off though is the uncertainy that surrounds the MA regime,davyb you keep insisting that MA has a long term plan when the evidence so far is that he’s making it up as he goes along,I firmly believe that if there was a long term plan he might actually sit down and give a rare TV/radio interview that fact that he wont imo shows that there is no plan in place other than to get his money back as quickly as possible and if that means a big profit before a league placing then so be it,once he has his money back who knows what his plans are,I’m quite certain he has no idea either.

• 184 Jail for Ashley // Jan 10, 2012 at 11:42 PM

GG
    Is it about Kirkpatrick though ?

• 185 GeordieGerman // Jan 10, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Jail for Ashley, no it’s about Joey…

… A horse. (“Warhorse.”)

• 186 Jail for Ashley // Jan 10, 2012 at 11:49 PM

GG
    Who’s the guy from Shields then ?

• 187 mattyNUFC // Jan 10, 2012 at 11:50 PM

lewspi

if is fishy reguarding kadar

i think pardew just doesn’t like him. personally or otherwise i’ve no idea

• 188 LewSpi // Jan 10, 2012 at 11:51 PM

It absolutely baffles me, our bench the other day literally only had Perch, if we got injuries to two of our defenders like we did against Chelski, we’d be f****d. Yet we have a defender who is presumably the most experienced/best defender in the reserves (hence captain), and he can’t even make the bench.

I mean, the kid plays for his country, so he can’t be too much of a mong.

• 189 GeordieToon89 // Jan 10, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Jail – Are you from Shields aswell

• 190 GeordieGerman // Jan 10, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Jail for Ashley, I didn’t take note of his name. I just know he saved ….? Watch the film.

• 191 Jail for Ashley // Jan 10, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Aye
    From Westa ,

• 192 LewSpi // Jan 10, 2012 at 11:56 PM

I can’t comprehend that Pardew simply doesn’t like him, I understand why you would write that, because there seems to be no other explanation. But like, if he didn’t rate him at all, why would he play in the reserves, and in particular, why would he be made the captain?? No logic in it.

• 193 Jail for Ashley // Jan 10, 2012 at 11:58 PM

GG
    We’ll get back to football after this as it is a football forum,but we were taught at school about this guy in Gallipoli,WW1 from Shields who rescued people with his donkey on the battlefield,there’s a big statue of him in the town centre bit of a local hero,just wondering if it was based on him.

• 194 davybtoon // Jan 10, 2012 at 11:59 PM

lewspi he had a chance to play him at norwich but chose 4 rbs instead

• 195 2_goal_tino // Jan 11, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Lewspi- I completely agree. I said it earlier. It’s really strange what’s going on with Kadar. He simply can not be that bad if he is captain week in week out of a reserve side doing very well. Amongst the other reserves gosling, vuckic, abeid and sammy have all been regularly included in the first team squad, but him nothing yet he’s captain. He’s looked solid every time I’ve seen him play. Perhaps Perch is preferred on the bench because he offers more versatility and then Pards doesn’t want too many defensive players on the bench. But that doesn’t explain his lack of opportunities last week, maybe he was injured for those dire two weeks against Norwich and Swansea.

On a side note, we never seem to get much luck sending players out on loan. Tavernier, Ranger and Kadar have all gone on loan and got injured in the first few games. On that note do you think there’s any future for ranger anymore? Useful off the bench last season. And as he said he was the most used substitute in the prem last season so he can’t be all that bad. He’d offer something different while ba’s away.

• 196 GeordieGerman // Jan 11, 2012 at 12:01 AM

JfA, no it’s about a horse and it’s adventures in WWI. Sorry. But canny film just the same.

• 197 GeordieGerman // Jan 11, 2012 at 12:03 AM

2_goal_tino, Ranger injured? Is he? Answer your question?

• 198 GeordieGerman // Jan 11, 2012 at 12:05 AM

2_goal_tino, “He’d offer something different while ba’s away.” Like headlines? He’s got a broken foot anyway. So he won’t.

• 199 GeordieGerman // Jan 11, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Bed. Night lads. Have a good one.

• 200 2_goal_tino // Jan 11, 2012 at 12:09 AM

He got an ankle injury while at Barnsley and considering it was only a 6 week loan and he’d already been there 2 weeks we just recalled him. Have no idea how bad the injury is but he came back about a month ago so he could be getting back to fitness in the next 2/3 weeks. Of course depends on injury but haven’t seen anymore details of it. I know tavernier is just getting back into training though.

• 201 LewSpi // Jan 11, 2012 at 12:11 AM

davybtoon exactly, I can’t see any manager doing that willingly. There must be more too it.

2 goal tino, i see what you mean, but Kadar has played both LB and CB before, so between Perch and Kadar you’d have all 3 positions covered from your bench. Surely out of the 7 subs, you’d want 2 defender would you not, and I don’t mean to cause a row, but especially when the one defender you have got there is Perch.

And RE Ranger, I am all for second chances, I think some people deserve them sometimes, if he sorts his act out off the field, and of course he is good enough, then why not.

• 202 2_goal_tino // Jan 11, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Ahh right, don’t think he’ll be playing soon then! I’m willing to give him one last chance to prove himself (not on the pitch but as a person) – he needs to mature but undoubted talent!

• 203 Crow59Cdo // Jan 11, 2012 at 12:15 AM

• 204 GeordieToon89 // Jan 11, 2012 at 12:17 AM

LewSpi – It will be Rangers 5th chance or summit if given one haha

• 205 boater // Jan 11, 2012 at 12:19 AM

I would like to see Vuckic play off Shola, with Ben Arfa on the right wing and guthrie in for tiote on sunday. That is all.

• 206 2_goal_tino // Jan 11, 2012 at 12:22 AM

Yeah but perch provides cover in dm as well. While raylor will always be playing or on the bench to provide extra cover. Those two utility players provide enough cover for every position except lw and upfront.

I agree though, it just doesn’t seem right with Kadar, he came with huge potential, has done well when played but now he’s being overtaken by people younger than him. I think he’s the player in our reserves who’d most benefit going out on loan.

• 207 Rosted Pork // Jan 11, 2012 at 12:27 AM

m.jarrowandhebburngazette.com/sport/sport-columnists/black-white/toon_braced_for_transfer_window_bids_for_ba_1_4125717

” Magpies boss has admitted a
    huge bid for Tiote – who is
    understood to be wanted by Chelsea –
    could force Newcastle’s hand”

” Sochaux’s Modibo Maiga
    – whose proposed move to Newcastle
    this month broke down when he
    failed a medical – is understood to be
    willing to prove himself on loan in
    the Premier League.
    United had agreed a £7m deal for the
    striker, and it remains to be seen
    whether any kind of deal can be
    resurrected, with the club’s stated
    priority in the transfer window being
    defensive cover for the injured Steven
    Taylor.:

• 208 Crow59Cdo // Jan 11, 2012 at 12:28 AM

HBA will not play right wing thats the problem, im sure if we all realised that obertans been shocking im sure pardew did, if he starts to play right wing the dummy will well and truely come out hence why after the blackburn game pardew praised HBA for playing on the right as obviously its caused some controversy in the dressing room, personally i think he should just play where he is most effective and where hes told but he seems to think hes got the right to do what he likes, dont get me wrong i like him as a player and is no doubt a naturally gifted footballer but i think he needs to wind his kneck in and do what hes told, especially after all the support hes had from the club and supporters

• 209 Super Simmo Strikes Again // Jan 11, 2012 at 12:37 AM

The Daily Fail still publishing stories about us wanting Judas back.

Oh how things have changed from last January, where we all did not want him to go… now majority of us don’t want him back… lol

• 210 nightfa11 // Jan 11, 2012 at 1:20 AM

• 211 redondo77 // Jan 11, 2012 at 5:31 AM

I would rather gamble on Prior than Erdincq.

• 212 redondo77 // Jan 11, 2012 at 5:37 AM

Is this mean Liverpool going for Ba?

• 213 redondo77 // Jan 11, 2012 at 5:40 AM

I like his attitude & character, we should get him next season, 2x “Cabaye” is good for us.

• 214 redondo77 // Jan 11, 2012 at 6:02 AM

Paolo De Ceglie is LB/LM/LW. He is very good in Juve, but can’t get a place with the likes Chielini in his position. We should be able to get this guy with affordable price.

• 215 redondo77 // Jan 11, 2012 at 6:10 AM

For those who play FIFA 12, I always buy this guy Cheikhou Kouyaté, he is better than Tiote and cost me 3.6m.
    He can play DM and CB, strong and very quick. If he is ability in real life is the same as in the game, it would be awesome if we have him.

• 216 Dannyo // Jan 11, 2012 at 7:19 AM

LOADS of papers running with a £10 or £15 or £20 million bid from us to take Carroll back. What kind of utter bullocks is that?! Never in a million years would we pay any of those numbers for a reject player. He was an NUFC player, but isn’t any more.
    I wouldn’t have him back, no way, he’s not worthy of Ba’s botched knee.

• 217 Super Simmo Strikes Again // Jan 11, 2012 at 7:31 AM

Haha, @ Dannyo

Last January, 99% of us Nufc Fans, wanted all the articles that included Carroll being transferred to just go away, as no one wanted him to leave.

This January its the complete opposite, we want the articles to go away because we don’t want him back.

• 218 Super Simmo Strikes Again // Jan 11, 2012 at 7:33 AM

If liverpool considered selling for 350,000. Then maybe we would consider.

• 219 Dannyo // Jan 11, 2012 at 7:42 AM

@SuperSimmo
    I’d be willing to take him on loan, pay 40% of the wages, and no extra fees. If he comes through, i’d have an option to buy him.
    Daily mail are saying he’s on a whooping £90K a week. We’d pay 1/3rd of that, TOPS.
    There’s no way on earth that this would happen, no way whatsoever.
    Some lazy journo has put 2+2 = Carroll Returns.
    Just due to Pardews comments.

• 220 FloridaToon // Jan 11, 2012 at 7:52 AM

I’d be happy to get Erding plus a CB in this window. Lets not forget that Smith and Xisco both come off the books this summer.

Thats at least 100K a week in wages to put back into players. And with what we pay, we could get in another 3-4 decent players for depth.

• 221 hdavid23 // Jan 11, 2012 at 7:55 AM

Cashley isnt stupid, he wouldnt agree to a clause this low, i think its newspaper bs.

• 222 bills-son // Jan 11, 2012 at 7:55 AM

Super Simmo Strikes Again // Jan 11, 2012 at 7:31 AM

Haha, @ Dannyo

Yep dead right.

The other thing is that 99% of fans said Ashley was am unambitious FGB for selling him but 99% of those same fans who now dont want him back give Ashley no credit for flogging him and stuffing LPool.

In fact 99% of them STILL base their “the FGB will flog anybody for a profit” opinions ob the Carroll sale!!

That’s what pi$$es me off about the neggers on here – they want it all ways.

• 223 Dannyo // Jan 11, 2012 at 8:02 AM

Found this in ESPN News. It’s the last two lines of the article about Carroll.

However, a Liverpool spokesman is quoted as saying in the Express: “It is complete nonsense. There is nothing in it.”

I don’t know if that source is real, i just hope it’s right.

• 224 Dannyo // Jan 11, 2012 at 8:06 AM

@FloridaToon
    Actually, belive Xisco has a year left mate.
    Smith, Guthrie and Loven is likely to come off the books tho. Only one we want to resign is Guthrie.

• 225 FloridaToon // Jan 11, 2012 at 8:11 AM

May be right about xisco but could have sworn it was this summer. I will have to dig a little bit.

Agree with Guthrie.

• 226 Rotonda heights // Jan 11, 2012 at 8:11 AM

Really horrible horrible rumours about Carroll coming back to replace BA.

With BA who is a model professional on and off the pitch, we play good football. With Carroll who is an alcoholic wife beater it will be back to ”hoofball”. Please god don’t let this be true.

• 227 FloridaToon // Jan 11, 2012 at 8:12 AM

Why not take Carroll back for 10 mil. Its like getting a free 25 mil from l-pool.

• 228 Dannyo // Jan 11, 2012 at 8:15 AM

@FloridaToon
    Cause he offers nothing different from what we have mate. We want technical speedy gonzales. (Like Erdinc). We need a litte more pace up front to latch onto those HBA passes.

• 229 FloridaToon // Jan 11, 2012 at 8:20 AM

Dannyo

It was a bit a sarcasm. Understand the reasoning not to do it, and I’m not saying I want him back. Just the thought of having him back and still getting a 25 mil profit would put a smile on my face.

• 230 bills-son // Jan 11, 2012 at 8:20 AM

Dannyo- Ba is not a normal transfer situation.

One thing is for certain Ashley/Pardew DON’T want to sell him. If they did they would be instructing his agent, making it obvious he was sale, and that isn’t happening.

However, Ba has a gammy knee that could go at anytime. Even signing Ba for c£7M would cost a club c£20M/£25M+ including signing on fees, agents fees and wages (even on a 3yr contract) – all for a player who could go tit$ up at anytime.

Crumple Spud Face might want him but the gaffers who pay the bills might have different ideas about a £25M+ gamble. Same goes for other gaffers who won’t want the gamble.

A club is going to have to take a mega risk signing Ba – far bigger than we did because we signed him BEFORE he scored 15 goals and proved himself a top Prem player (when fit) which meant we got him on decent wages. Any new club will have to give Ba far more and that is where we have scored.

It’s always easy spending money when you son’t pay the bills – thats why I think Crumple Face and other managers might take the risk on Ba – but the gaffers won’t.

I think it’s 80% in our favour he’ll stay.

• 231 Rotonda heights // Jan 11, 2012 at 8:21 AM

Florida

for all the reasons stated above. it would be a massive backward step.

Our biggest break was getting rid of carroll and getting Ba who is one of the best in the world a the current time and technically light years ahead of carroll.

Which part of florida are you in?

• 232 Dannyo // Jan 11, 2012 at 8:21 AM

@floridatoon
    Oh, sorry mate, lol, didn’t catch onto that.
    Yeah, a £25 million profit would still be a nice profit, and the one left with nothing would be Liverpool, which would also help my mood on a rainy day.

• 233 Eastander // Jan 11, 2012 at 8:22 AM

Carroll’s had his chance, he rejected us in favour of Liverpool so let him see how his decision to be greedy lets his career fall by the wayside and give someone who actually deserves a chance to play up front for us

• 234 redondo77 // Jan 11, 2012 at 8:24 AM

Last season this team have too many damaging unprofessional players and they are all gone now. Not only we play better now, the yougsters also have much better role-model.

• 235 Dannyo // Jan 11, 2012 at 8:25 AM

@bills-son
    I’m also under the impression he’ll stay. And i think just cause of Redknapps comments, an agent or several is out to get an easy payday.
    Imo, it’s not more complicated than that.
    Ba has said he wants to stay and finish the job, atleast throughout this season. And i think he will. Wether he stays or leaves in the summer is a different matter entirely.

• 236 FloridaToon // Jan 11, 2012 at 8:25 AM

Rotonda

See #227. I disagree with the step back because he is better that Shola and Best. With that said he wouldn’t start and if he is on 90K week then its too much. Just would love to stick it to Lpool. Imagine him coming back and scoring 10+ goals off the bench with us pocketing 25 mil. I think we would all smile at that.

• 237 FloridaToon // Jan 11, 2012 at 8:25 AM

rotonda

Miami area.

• 238 Rotonda heights // Jan 11, 2012 at 8:28 AM

Florida

Know any good builders ? I’m in the Uk, but I’ve got some land up near sarasota

• 239 redondo77 // Jan 11, 2012 at 8:28 AM

@Eastander
    I agree with you, but not wishing his career fall by wayside. Only wish he play really bad against us.
    Anyway those who choose to leave us, wished them all the best and stay away from NUFC.

• 240 FloridaToon // Jan 11, 2012 at 8:29 AM

So lets sign Erdinc and a CB. Plus if we don’t sell anyone this could be our starting 11.

Krul

Simmo
    Willo (saylor when he gets healthy)
    Colo
    Santon

Ben Arfa
    Tiote
    Cabaye
    Jonas

Erdinc
    Ba

Definately a good side.

• 241 FloridaToon // Jan 11, 2012 at 8:30 AM

@rotonda

Sorry but I don’t.

• 242 Dannyo // Jan 11, 2012 at 8:31 AM

@Floridatoon
    With that team, we’d deffo give Liverpool a run for their money when it comes to reaching the last Europe spot.

• 243 FloridaToon // Jan 11, 2012 at 8:32 AM

Just wondering, but does anyone else get the feeling that MA is alot smarter than what he gets credit for?

It just seems to me that he is like a sly fox.

• 244 FloridaToon // Jan 11, 2012 at 8:33 AM

@Dannyo

Without a doubt. Plus adding depth this summer and the youngsters showing there worth, it seems like something special is being built (not bought) here.

• 245 Dannyo // Jan 11, 2012 at 8:33 AM

Apparently, Erdinc was the one who tried to reignite the move, so it came from his end. And according to the nufc fans website (which has the original article) the move could be completed at the end of this week or early next week.
    So we’ll know within a week then.

• 246 redondo77 // Jan 11, 2012 at 8:34 AM

@Florida
    Raylor played well as winger last time. Raylor instead of Erdincq?

• 247 FloridaToon // Jan 11, 2012 at 8:36 AM

@redondo77

I like Raylor. He has been put in a tough position but works hard every game. I just don’t see him replacing Arfa or Jonas. Now if Arfa isn’t played on the wing then I would start Raylor over Obertan.

• 248 Rotonda heights // Jan 11, 2012 at 8:37 AM

florida

Put it this way I’m glad we’ve got Ashley with us than against us. Right now with things like the Virgin sponsorship, things are really looking up.

Somehow, almost unnoticed we’ve suddenly got players of the calibre of Krul, Colo, Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Tiote and Ba.

• 249 Dannyo // Jan 11, 2012 at 8:37 AM

@Floridatoon
    If we get the CB and the striker now, and keep all our players. We’d want to add another LB(Pieters) and an RW(Hoilett) in the summer, and that could be it imo.
    I don’t think we’d lose Cabaye, but possibly Tiote. And maybe Ba, so u’d need to replace them, and Guthrie imo, should he decide to leave.
    We’d have good depth then, and would just need to sustain it in the future. Would be loads of competition for places with allot of youngsters in there.

• 250 FloridaToon // Jan 11, 2012 at 8:37 AM

@dannyo

I will have a huge smile if that happens. Erdinc is exactly the type of striker we need. I will still dream of getting Remy though.

• 251 FloridaToon // Jan 11, 2012 at 8:40 AM

@dannyo

Would love to get Hoilett.

• 252 redondo77 // Jan 11, 2012 at 8:41 AM

@Florida
    I think Arfa will be better as free role, when I saw him at Marseille he is more likely as free role than winger.

• 253 Super Simmo Strikes Again // Jan 11, 2012 at 8:42 AM

Ashley is smart. But a complete dumba$$ aswell.

He is smart at making and investing money. No doubt about that. 35mill earned, and Judas has only scored 6 for liverpool.

Over the summer, not including agent fee’s we spent 300,000. Thats it.

Out – Enrique 6mill, Nolan 4.5mill, 2mill for Routledge.
    In – Cabaye 4.5mill, Obertan 3mill, Santon 5mill, elliot 300k

And look where we are now in the league. Cabaye Is undoubtedly better then Nolan. Santon has potential to be better then Enrique. Id Rather have Obertan over Routledge, and.. i still don’t know why we bought elliot.

However, this is where MA is not so smart.

- Maintaining Reputation amongst fan’s. Yes his actions make money, but in turn in angers majority of the fans. His lack of communication does not help either.

• 254 redondo77 // Jan 11, 2012 at 8:44 AM

I’ll be happy with signing Prior and De Ceglie.

• 255 bills-son // Jan 11, 2012 at 8:49 AM

FloridaToon // Jan 11, 2012 at 8:32 AM

It just seems to me that he is like a sly fox.

Floida – your dead right – he’s one seiously smart cookie.

He’s a self made billionaire who has made his fortune in one of the most highly competitive markets – cheap sportswear.

During the recession he has increased his profits and market share while his competitors have struggled or nearly gone under. That shows the measure of Ashley’s business acumen.

When he first bought the club Ashley knew sweet FA about running a club and he left it to the so called ‘experts’. They fked up, fleeced him, he learnt fast, and now HE makes the major decisions.

We’ve got the smartest owner in the Prem, one who is hell bent on making this club successful on and offer the pitch and – if the neggers would only take off the hate tinted glasses – the evidence that Ashley is taking this club forward is plain to see.

Better squad, better scouting system, better youth set-up, better nanager, better coaching staff, better training facilities, better financial stability.

Ashley smart? You bet he is.

• 256 bills-son // Jan 11, 2012 at 8:55 AM

Super Simmo Strikes Again // Jan 11, 2012 at 8:42 AM

Ashley is smart. But a complete dumba$$ aswell.

Really? The evidence that Ashley is taking this club forward is plain to see.

ASHLEY IS DOING HIS TALKING WITH ACTIONS – everytime the club try to communicate with fans the neggers and the tabloid press toon bashers turn the clubs statements into negatives.

That’s whu the club say F ALL now and let the team do the talking. And at the end of the day that is the ONLY communication worth listening to.

• 257 FloridaToon // Jan 11, 2012 at 9:07 AM

@ dannyo

Xisco’s contract does end in 2013. Hopefully we can get a buyer this summer.

• 258 stuart no9 // Jan 11, 2012 at 9:21 AM

bills – @ all of your posts. you really do talk garbage how on earth do you find the time to think up thatt spillage that comes out of your gob. ” clubs are going to take a bigger risk on ba than we did, coz we signed him BEFORE he scored 15 goals ” WHAT?

• 259 Lynxie // Jan 11, 2012 at 2:56 PM

Florida Toon @257:
    A buyer for Xisco based on WHAT? Jesus Christ. I wonder if I can find a buyer for my 1970 Vauxhall Viva that never worked properly, was as slow as treacle, and gave me problems every single day, until I lent it out to a careless owner who did not give a toss, and parked in on a scrap heap? Get my drift?

previous post: Ben Arfa Looks To Newcastle To Win The FA Cup – That Sounds Good!

next post: Agent Says Manchester United Now Interested in Demba Ba